The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. Not the first time I`ve played lasertag, usually I do better but this time it was a birthday party for a friend`s 11 year old boy and all those little kids are so fast....

I`ve played paint ball as well and I dont like those balls. Don;t mind the bruising, I get that every week sparring at Tae Kwon Do. Bruises `R Me. I used to get a few looks at work when I walked in - like whose been beating you up looks - until they all got familiar with my weird personal habits - like sparring 2 or 3 times a week against these big guys I train with .... and then it was, like, oh, Chloe`s been having fun again.... but I dont like paintball. Those balls sting. And for some reason the guys I play with like aiming at my butt. Assholes!!!! :D`- they have a horrible sense of humor. And I ALWAYS squeal. Talk about waving red flags to bulls!

The second round. I didn`t come last. There was some 5 year old that I beat. The third game - well, do not ask. I am embarrassed. I tagged a lot of the others but I guess I`m not good at taking cover or something coz I got hit and hit and hit .... :confused:

The stinging of paint balls is not at all a problem. :devil: And to be honest, if I was playing, and there was a chick who squealed every time she was hit, I'd probably aim for her too. And then laugh every time I heard my aim was successful. Sorry...ish.

I'm one of those that if the wind is a tad too breezy that day, I'll bruise. Playing any kind of sports is a guarantee for me to end up with a lot of pretty markings that invoke those looks you mentioned, and a lot of awkward conversations.:eek:

Anyway, it was very nice of you to let the littles win. ;)

Haulover, HEA is the preferred ending in most cats but like Chloe said, anything over a 4.5 is a success in the long run. I have an idea the score will rise with time. Knee jerk votes are usually low votes.

JR, we need to toughen you up. ;)

Chloe, those small fry will get ya every time. they are fearless and use their unlimited imagination against ya.

Martial arts bruises are a different color don't ya know. :D

In paintball I usually set up for sniping and an ass shot is the most insulting. Butt some asses just beg to be shot. ;)

Lol, right, why didn't I think of that? The answer to my dilemma was so obvious. :D:rolleyes:

I'd wish you the best of luck, but with how pale I am, all of your suggestions shall prove to be futile.

:rose:

Published my first e-book of the year today. In 2015 I did 25 last year it was 15, but I also got two books into print which was time consuming. This years goal is about the same Two print books and hopefully a dozen plus e-books.

The e-books are all pure smut, mostly incest, the print are more legit. I'll give everyone one guess as to which ones sell decently:rolleyes:

Lol, right, why didn't I think of that? The answer to my dilemma was so obvious. :D:rolleyes:

I'd wish you the best of luck, but with how pale I am, all of your suggestions shall prove to be futile.

My wife's so damn pale she tells me the reason she can't go out and shovel is if she ever falls in the snow, no one will see her.

I remind her the reason she's so pale is she's a redhead and that will show up pretty well in the snow.

That's when she shrugs and says, "Fine I won't shovel because its your job."

At least she's being honest at that point.

My wife's so damn pale she tells me the reason she can't go out and shovel is if she ever falls in the snow, no one will see her.

I remind her the reason she's so pale is she's a redhead and that will show up pretty well in the snow.

That's when she shrugs and says, "Fine I won't shovel because its your job."

At least she's being honest at that point.

Was her excuse that she shovels in the nude? :eek:
I have no issues with shoveling, but leaving skin exposed to the elements while doing so?! No. Just, no.

Last edited:
Haulover, HEA is the preferred ending in most cats but like Chloe said, anything over a 4.5 is a success in the long run. I have an idea the score will rise with time. Knee jerk votes are usually low votes.

Chloe, those small fry will get ya every time. they are fearless and use their unlimited imagination against ya.

Martial arts bruises are a different color don't ya know. :D

In paintball I usually set up for sniping and an ass shot is the most insulting. Butt some asses just beg to be shot. ;)

A paintball to the neck leaves a nasty ass welt. :eek:

The martial arts bruises start out that soft yellow and turn a variety of colors as the week progresses.

Was her excuse that she shovels in the nude? :eek:
I have no issues with shoveling, but leaving skin exposed to the elements while doing so?! No. Just, no.

She doesn't think things through, she just says them. We writers catch things like that;)

Its a moot argument anyway, I don't want her to shovel. No reason to, I enjoy doing it. Its good exercise.

Yum! And have you tried chocolate liqueur dribbled around the edges with whiskey over icecream. Whooooooo.... strong, but lovely! Tried that in Buenos Aires (thanks Dad) - I think it was called a Dom Pedro.

Oh God, a Dom Pedro is one of my all-time favorite drinks! But I've had them in South Africa and Australia, where they're made a bit differently:

1 part Kahlua (or whisky, if you prefer - as I do), one part vanilla ice cream, one part cream. Whip it in a blender until it has the consistency of a thick milk shake. Dribble melted chocolate onto the inside of a glass, pour, and drink through a thick straw.

(Hmmm - maybe that's a similar recipe..?)

Thanks to you and Chloe for the encouragement.

Hopefully, my Valentine's entry will do better. (It's going into exhibitionists & voyeurs.)

I knew i went to bed too damned early. :D

The first thing we need to do once it warms up is to get you out in the sun nude. If you don't burst into flames then we can begin the toughening process. ;)

I think that's my problem. Maybe some padding :D ....

There is always armor.

Thanks to you and Chloe for the encouragement.

Hopefully, my Valentine's entry will do better. (It's going into exhibitionists & voyeurs.)

Encouragement is what the AH was intended for in the first place among other things.

Now I'm going back to bed. See ya later, alligator.

Sitting here all day "taking it on the chin" in the comments of my latest submission :(

29,000 reads in 2 days, and a score that's plunging down to the low 4.6s

"Plunging" is when it dives below 4.0. 15,000 reads a day, and you're complaining? Why, exactly?

(That's my polite response, incidentally...)

Good Morning, all.
Erm, "Lazer tag" ?
I'm confused. I obviously need more coffee.

Laser Tag - see here (wikipedia is always useful for a quick explanation). Laser tag is a tag game played with lasers. Infrared-sensitive targets are commonly worn by each player and are sometimes integrated within the arena in which the game is played. Since its birth in 1979, with the release of the Star Trek Electronic Phasers toy manufactured by the South Bend Electronics brand of Milton Bradley, laser tag has evolved into both indoor and outdoor styles of play, and may include simulations of combat, role play-style games, or competitive sporting events including tactical configurations and precise game goals. Laser tag is popular with a wide range of ages. When compared to paintball, laser tag is painless because it uses no physical projectiles, :D this saves Chloe`s butt and cuts down on the squealing substantially.

And coffee..... yes, I share your need, but more because it`s Monday morning and I gotta go to work instead of coming home and going to bed. Hate those day to night shift switches.
ceca26dfb3e7a0b7bf4b1f6f985ca5c7.jpg

Last edited:
morning all

I see Chloe has taken care of the coffee and the explanation of Laser Tag. Speaking for myself, I love the squealing. ;)

Sausage and biscuits this morning, sounds good.

Morning everyone,

She doesn't think things through, she just says them. We smart-asses catch things like that;)

Its a moot argument anyway, I don't want her to shovel. No reason to, I enjoy doing it. Its good exercise.

I fixed it for you. :D

TxRad said:
The first thing we need to do once it warms up is to get you out in the sun nude. If you don't burst into flames then we can begin the toughening process.

I don't burst into flames, I just roast. I can't stay in direct sunlight for more than a half hour--even with sunscreen--or my skin will start cooking. I'm the chick who goes to the beach covered from head to about knee, (I love runnin' 'round barefoot too much to go full coverage) and sporting a parasol. Recall those fashionable 1920's swimsuits for ladies?
https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2k_uUlYd5fcHiOM7EJCP_WCTAjiZMgSFMu-18LQMioS4R2KTLYcXAtywaYFf7tsQ2br9fG1wF&usqp=CAE
...mine's not that far off. :eek:

Last edited:
I don't burst into flames, I just roast. I can't stay in direct sunlight for more than a half hour--even with sunscreen--or my skin will start cooking. I'm the chick who goes to the beach covered from head to about knee, (I love runnin' 'round barefoot too much to go full coverage) and sporting a parasol....

I have the same problem - and turn lobster-red after a short time in the sun.

AND YET - one of our favorite activities in the world is going to nude beaches. But it takes a ton of sunblock and a big umbrella to survive the experience.

Typically, nude beaches are not good fodder for the stories in LitE. Nude? Yes. Sexual? Nope, not at all.

We've been to 5 nude beaches in the USA and one in Africa, and Haulover Beach in Florida is (IMO) the best nude beach in the country. (Guess where I got my screen name from? :D)

Not working from home today - have to be at my client's offices to deliver a presentation. At least they have a Keurig machine here, and there's a $tarbuck$ a few blocks away...

Morning everyone,

I don't burst into flames, I just roast. I can't stay in direct sunlight for more than a half hour--even with sunscreen--or my skin will start cooking. I'm the chick who goes to the beach covered from head to about knee, (I love runnin' 'round barefoot too much to go full coverage) and sporting a parasol. Recall those fashionable 1920's swimsuits for ladies?
https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2k_uUlYd5fcHiOM7EJCP_WCTAjiZMgSFMu-18LQMioS4R2KTLYcXAtywaYFf7tsQ2br9fG1wF&usqp=CAE
...mine's not that far off. :eek:

Hey, I think I know a couple of those ladies. :D

Here's a story you might find interesting, The B-Girl Bandits

I was married to a couple of redheads and dated many more. Short exposures over a length of time keeps you from burning, believe me. ;)

Fresh coffee is available for anyone in need.

Hey, I think I know a couple of those ladies. :D

Here's a story you might find interesting, The B-Girl Bandits

I was married to a couple of redheads and dated many more. Short exposures over a length of time keeps you from burning, believe me. ;)

Fresh coffee is available for anyone in need.

Real coffee ?
Oh, what a star.

Chloe, you finish one night shift and start a day shift immediately ?
Sounds a bit cruel.

I think she had a day off to transition.

Oh, I did. Usually its more but there were a couple of my fellow workers sick. Ill get the days of later.

Tex - for you, I promise a lovely squeal. Before I shoot back :Dti

Oh, I did. Usually its more but there were a couple of my fellow workers sick. Ill get the days of later.

Can I bring my Tape recorder AND my camera ?

Some pre-bed tea is indicated, I think. Tx; if you'd be so good ?

Be still my heart. Who could pass up an opportunity like that. ;)

Can I bring my Tape recorder AND my camera ?

Some pre-bed tea is indicated, I think. Tx; if you'd be so good ?

HP, i would love a memento of the moment but i think she would be aiming at you more than me.

One cuppa tea coming up.

I need to figure out what I'm having for supper since i seemed to have skipped lunch. :eek:

Be still my heart. Who could pass up an opportunity like that. ;)

LOL. Nobody I play with, unfortunately. Not even my evil minded and sadistic Significant Other. Who WILL be punished. :D

Last edited:
I was out on a dove hunt once and we came in for dinner that evening in our camouflage. Some random guy passed us in the parking lot and asked, "You guys paintballers?" I looked at him up and down and replied, "I'm a professional people shooter. I got no time for amateurs!" Twenty-nine years in SpecOps will give you that kind of an attitude . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back