Is including minors in an erotic story child porn?

Vermilion said:
That being said, I don't want Lit shut down because some puritanical twit in the States takes offence at the whole site and use the child porn angle as leverage so I play by the rules, even though the legal age in my country is two years younger.
x
V
Be patient.

If we wait long enough, those puritanical twits will crash and burn themselves out of the hypocritical spotlight as they continue cruising for blowjobs in the stalls of men's bathrooms and getting busted.
 
Lorianna said:
Well, I already knew that Lit didn't allow such stories, but what I wanted to know is if I could ever write one with a minor as the protaganist, in graphic sex scenes, without worrying about going to prison over "child pornagraphy"

I wouldn't post it on Lit, though. I've been coming here for awhile before I joined. I joined simply to ask this question, as well as inquire if anyone knows of some erotica websites that would tolerate plots involving bestialiy and the such...???

Right, to answer the question that most people seem to have been skirting round, the answer appears to be this:

You may legally, without falling foul of any obscenity laws in the US, post writing about anyone doing anything to anyone, real or imaginary, provided you do not conspire deliberately to show such material to minors, or post it without any care in places minors might reasonably be expected to go. Writing cannot be considered pornography because nobody needs to be exploited by it, which is why writing is erotica, not porn...

BUT

Anything you post is on the internet in perpetuity, as has been shown elsewhere on this forum, with things being appropriated daily. If the law changes, which would be difficult as a lot of classic literature include sex between minors, you may fall foul of it at a later date.
 
3113 said:
........

Back in the bad old days, interracial marriage was legal in some states but not in others. ....


There's an advertisement showing on BBC tv at the moment for their classical music radio station, showing a black man and a white woman sharing a bath.....I was staggered when Min said that such an image cannot be shown on US TV???

WTF????
 
Back
Top