Quick question on what category.

Apisto42

Pragmatic Rabbit
Finishing up a third chapter in series that the first two were in Mature. This third chapter includes mother daughter stuff. I’d rather it be in Mature, but I vaguely recall seeing a rule (?) that any incest at all means it has to be under Incest. Is that correct?

Thanks

Not sure its an official rule, but if you don't want to get flamed you'll put it in incest.

Incest, Gay male and Non consent are the trump categories here. No matter what else is in a story if it contains one of those three it should go in that category.

Now if you have a combination of two or those three or all three? It would be damned if you do damned if you don't. You'll end up offending someone.

But for yours I'd put it in incest.

Copy Lovecraft.

Put it in Incest. If your Romance readers like Parts 1 and 2 they'll read the third, but will have fair warning not to, if Incest's not their thing.

Finishing up a third chapter in series that the first two were in Mature. This third chapter includes mother daughter stuff. I’d rather it be in Mature, but I vaguely recall seeing a rule (?) that any incest at all means it has to be under Incest. Is that correct?

Thanks
I would say it's incest.

Sometimes I wish other categories were higher in readership.
I think incest is ranked 2nd overall.

Not that I would know anything about that.:eek:

IKR? Still, even if only a quarter of the people who are shown as having 'read' one of my stories actually read it, that's still good numbers. It's all relative.

And let's face it, if you're not writing for money, you're writing because you enjoy what you're doing. Having it read is just the jam and cream on the scone. :D

Time out.

Mother/Daughter doesn't necessarily mean incest. Are they engaging with each other, or simply sharing someone else? If they're not having sex with each other, then it's not incest, and you'll likely receive a very poor reception in that category.

But, if that's the case, leaving it in Mature won't go over well either. That's going to be enough to squick the readership there into poor scores from those who don't run screaming before reaching the voting form.

If it's a threeway/moreway with no mother/daughter sex, I would suggest going with Group Sex. The readership there is more open to squick.

Also, if they're not having sex with each other, I'd point that out in the notes section of the submission form, to avoid a speed-reading change of category to incest.

Thanks you all. It’s full blown incest. I’ll put it there.

Edit: there’s plenty of “squick”. And yeah, obviously I write just to write. It’s fun though to get the “hot” label on my stories. The cheating wives category is vicious though. That was rough for my first series.

Quickly got over it though once I read some threads in this forum. Turned off comments to that series because some of them were really fucking twisted and I didn’t want the negativity. Funny looking st the scores now - the trolls got some of the latter chapters down into the mid 3’s, but two years later they are all a nice solid 4-4.4. I’m happy.

Last edited:

It's all relative. Once you become accustomed to the numbers incest stories get, the views in other categories seem small. But when you think about it, it's remarkable that hundreds or thousands of people out there are reading one's stories, even in lesser-read categories.

But when you think about it, it's remarkable that hundreds or thousands of people out there are reading one's stories, even in lesser-read categories.

It's totally amazing! I published the first chapter of my first story 11 months ago and up to date my stories have accumulated almost 220'000 views. Even allowing for bots, quick glances and multiple reads (there are people reading my stuff more than once?:eek:) that's several thousand readers that I've (hopefully) entertained.

I still find myself grinning every time I open my activity page and find a story has received a new comment or favourite or I have a new follower :D I just hope it doesn't wear down too much and too fast...

It's totally amazing! I published the first chapter of my first story 11 months ago and up to date my stories have accumulated almost 220'000 views. Even allowing for bots, quick glances and multiple reads (there are people reading my stuff more than once?:eek:) that's several thousand readers that I've (hopefully) entertained.

I still find myself grinning every time I open my activity page and find a story has received a new comment or favourite or I have a new follower :D I just hope it doesn't wear down too much and too fast...

Yeah, that’s fun. I was sad to turn off the comments on the cheating wives series, but it was a combination of: a) hateful vile shit, b) posters saying they loved it, c) posters saying posters who loved it were disgusting and should be killed or d) people saying that haters should be shot. Like it, don’t like it, whatever. No one is making you read it.

It’s been fun to watch that rating bounce around this morning. It’s so obvious when the one bombs hit.

It's all relative. Once you become accustomed to the numbers incest stories get, the views in other categories seem small. But when you think about it, it's remarkable that hundreds or thousands of people out there are reading one's stories, even in lesser-read categories.

I appreciate my 90 people following me and 30K views. It palesin comparison to other authors here, but it brightens my day nonetheless when someone new reads my stories and takes the time to email me, vote or comment on my work. I’ll probably never reach an audience much greater than I already have, but that doesn’t deter me from continuing to write stories
🌹Kant👠👠👠

Back