Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learning to use chopsticks in the third grade Sunday School. (Yup, that's how I learned, all right)

Hi Kimmy, I'm goin' out to the shop.

I don't think I even saw a chopstick until I was out of high school. lol

have fun, but be careful... you know how I worry...

I don't think I even saw a chopstick until I was out of high school. lol

have fun, but be careful... you know how I worry...

LOL
When I first started taking woodworking I was frightened to death by powersaws. For a couple of semesters I swore my shop would only have a bandsaw in it, no circular saws. Now? Rule 1. Count fingers Rule 2. Keep eye on sawblade. Rule 3. Make sure Rules 1 and 2 are not in conflict. Fire it up!

LOL
When I first started taking woodworking I was frightened to death by powersaws. For a couple of semesters I swore my shop would only have a bandsaw in it, no circular saws. Now? Rule 1. Count fingers Rule 2. Keep eye on sawblade. Rule 3. Make sure Rules 1 and 2 are not in conflict. Fire it up!

Good rule of thumb. ;)

My dad had a problem a few years ago with the jointer/planer or something, and his finger. Not really a carpenter type... he is more of a welder. He joked in the emergency room at the hospital that he was going to "stick to metal working, 'cause you can just heat it up and stick it back on when something goes wrong." :rolleyes:

Good rule of thumb. ;)

My dad had a problem a few years ago with the jointer/planer or something, and his finger. Not really a carpenter type... he is more of a welder. He joked in the emergency room at the hospital that he was going to "stick to metal working, 'cause you can just heat it up and stick it back on when something goes wrong." :rolleyes:

"Please do not refer to the emergency room as the Knife and Gun Club."

You hit anyone with a club like that and they'll be something else, you better believe!

It's my famous Sergeant Detritus imitation, gets 'em everytime.

You do read Terry Pratchett, don't you?

Sorry to admit I haven't... just liked the dialog and voice you gave your comment.

And I'm sure I wouldn't want to see them if they were in a tussle like that. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back