Unfortunate (pervert-friendly) superpowers

S

Strangebuddy

Guest
I've suggested a few superpower ideas in the past but I was typing something today and used the phrase "undressed with her eyes" and got thinking.

What if someone had super powers...but on the surface, or popular opinion, they only seem good for a pervert? If so, does the person try to change popular opinion and still try to be a hero? Do they bend and use it for selfish means?

For example:

1.A person discovers a useful power. She or he can can send anything someone is wearing or carrying to a hammer space dimension just by looking at someone and focusing. So, at their debut, they stop a group of terrorists, sending their guns and bombs away along with their bullet proof vests and clothing. Public opinion is positive though they find his her execution a bit weird. So, while doing a patrol, they stop a gas station robbery and strip the thieves. The thieves however decide to sue the hero since video got out of eh robbery and showed them in their birthday suits. So to plead his or her case, the hero goes on a GMA expy for an interview...and the pressure gets to them so they strip the anchors on live tv. The studio has enough of a delay to stop most of it from getting out but the damage is done and the hero is labeled a peeping tom.

Do they just hang up their tights, do they keep patrolling, do they use their powers for selfish and/or criminal activities (imagine Papparazzi who can get nudes of celebrities whenever they want just by looking at them), or were they actually really perverts all along?

2. Some heroes and villains manipulate people's emotions or inner chemistry so they can make them unable to fight. This hero makes people more aroused than they can ever naturally get. The hope is that this power can distract villains and crooks and leave them unable to focus on fights or complex plans....it also has labeled them as "Captain Viagra"

So what other unfortunate heroes and villains could there be and what do they do with their seemingly perverted powers?
 
Simpler, more likely pervy superpowers:

* Sizzle-vision: eye-beams that burn off the recipients clothes but not skin nor hair.
* Horny-voice: any word immediately sends listeners into fuck-a-rama frenzies.
* Impotence-field: anybody within range suddenly loses all sexual abilities.
* Queer-field: anybody within range suddenly desires same-sex sex.
* Anal-vision: eye-beams that make you want a hot butt-fuck.
* Footmeister: victims become fetishists and toe-suckers.
* Juiciness: all women within range cream and ooze.
 
lol, it's been good seeing you around this forum again, Hypoxia
 
lol, it's been good seeing you around this forum again, Hypoxia
I have a window of maybe 6 weeks till I'm gone again for another couple months. I'll be like a wraith, vanishing and re-appearing somewhat randomly. Boo.
 
I was just reading a good superpower story where a young woman got powers that made her basically a zerg queen. For anyone who isn't familiar with starcraft, zerg are insect-like aliens; you spawn lots of grubs and then you can tell them to develop into different alien types like workers, warriors, haulers, spies, even buildings. As the queen, the woman in this story was repeatedly getting pregnant with and giving birth to the grubs, building her own little alien town, and having fun playing mad scientist experimenting with telling her units to develop in different way - she made one kind of like a mecha armor that she could wear, and flying ones - the story missed the opportunity to have her playing dragonrider, but maybe it happened offscreen. And they also waited on her like servants, brought her dinner and such. She didn't do the alien abduction thing but her powers could easily have been used for that.
 
That sounds really cool what was the name of the book?
 
That sounds really cool what was the name of the book?

It was a fanfiction of the webnovel Worm. Here's a link to the original Worm, if you're not familiar with it: [Link removed. Please do not link off-site stories you are not the author of.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you like the oddball superpower stories, I have a couple suggestions for you.

The Reckoners series from Brandon Sanderson

Books are Steelheart, Mitosis (short story that happens just after Steelheart, not required for storyline) Firefight, and Calamity.

People gain superpowers, but it seems that everyone that gets them becomes a major asshole. The "Epics" have divided up the world into districts, often fighting each other for more land area.

In "Newcago" David, in search of revenge, joins the Reckoners to fight the Epics.

Ex-heroes by Peter Clines

In a post zombie apocalyptic world heroes help survivors of the zombie apocalypse. Some of these heroes have been converted to the undead maintaining their powers.

This is a several book long series. I really enjoyed the first book, it has a full story on its own. I had some issues with Book 2 (Ex-Patriots) that kept me from reading the rest of the series. Those issues were more personal, not so much a problem with his writing and story telling.
 
Alan Moore's Top 10 comics series "details the lives and work of the police force of Neopolis, a city in which everyone, from the police and criminals to civilians, children and even pets, has super powers and colourful costumes." So we should write erotica where everyone is super, somehow. If humanity can devise an infinity of religions, can we handle infinite powers?
 
Hmm, I'll have to give all of those a read (top 10 is even in comixology, nice). The idea of everyone having powers could be interesting. It would probably suck though as you'd have clear divided between people with higher tier powers (super speed, super strength (superman level strength) and people with smaller powers (breathing under water, mild telekinesis, can speak to cows, etc.)
 
Hmm, I'll have to give all of those a read (top 10 is even in comixology, nice). The idea of everyone having powers could be interesting. It would probably suck though as you'd have clear divided between people with higher tier powers (super speed, super strength (superman level strength) and people with smaller powers (breathing under water, mild telekinesis, can speak to cows, etc.)

you comment here makes me double down on the Reckoners. That tier system is explained and exploited. If you do read Sanderson careful with that Cosmere thing he is doing, it will suck you in and not let you go. Come on, hurry up with Stormlight 3....
 
Hmm, I'll have to give all of those a read (top 10 is even in comixology, nice). The idea of everyone having powers could be interesting. It would probably suck though as you'd have clear divided between people with higher tier powers (super speed, super strength (superman level strength) and people with smaller powers (breathing under water, mild telekinesis, can speak to cows, etc.)
I don't have them in front of me now but IIRC some of the powers include:

* ability to project multiple bodies of different sizes
* a talking doberman in a humanoid armature and kewl clothes (watch him make out with a woman)
* slight precognition, and time-jumping
* various shapeshifters and aliens
* mental control of useful cop toys
* enough tears for firefighting
* invulnerability but nothing else
* a blind cabbie with sloppy sixth-sense
* an invisible android and a ferro-American (emphatic robot)
* drunk mindreader (if you were clairvoyant, you'd drink too)
* The Voice: he speaks, you obey, period

I'll have to re-read the series soon. Funny, insightful, and sometimes heart-breaking.
 
Back
Top