🎵🎤 Your First Concert 🎤🎵

The Hooters. They came on campus in college. First concert off campus, U2 in Philadelphia. The show where Bruce Springsteen joined them on stage!
 
I've seen over 400 bands.. My very first was Van Halen in the first week of July, 1985. It was spectacular and my ears rang for three days it was so loud.. I thought I was deaf..


Second was Ozzy with the amazing Randy Rhoads... openers were Def Leppard and they were terrific too... and I'm not sure if any were even old enough to drink.

Third was Billy Joel at Wembley Arena in London...another brilliant show..

Got to see Stevie Ray Vaughan which will forever be my favorite.. toss in Pink Floyd, Seeing and meeting Joe Cocker in which he asked if he could kiss my gf...:) The Allman Brothers 15 times, Metallica, ZZ Top....so many, so many great memories.
 
Michael Jackson, 1996, at Wembley for the History Tour. My mum got me tickets for my birthday - as it was the school holidays I went there at 1pm with a friend, and there was already over 1000 people there! First and best concert I've ever been to.
 
What was your first concert?
Do you remember who it was? How old were you? Who did you go with? Did you buy a t-shirt? Or do you have any special memories attached to it? Do you still attend concerts today?
Uriah Heep and Earth Wind and Fire
1975
Binghamton, NY
 
Chicago reospeedwagon foreigner and cheap trick.

Or meatloaf. I cant remember
 
I'm dating myself. The Beattles at shay stadium. I was 10 or 11

I remember when the Beatles played at Busch Stadium. I didn't go -- tickets were SIX DOLLARS! Who could afford that???

Uriah Heep and Earth Wind and Fire
1975
Binghamton, NY

Oh, yeah, Uriah Heep! Never saw them live. Damn, we're old.

Chicago reospeedwagon foreigner and cheap trick.

Or meatloaf. I cant remember

Concerts are kinda like the '70s. If you can remember them, you weren't really there.
 
Ultravox at the Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham 1984 when I was 16...:D
 
10 years old. REO Speedwagon.

Since then I've seen 100s of concerts in venues ranging from people's living rooms to stadiums.
 
I saw Richard Marx at Great America in Santa Clara the summer of 88. Tickets were $5 with park admission. I was with my mom and my brother as we were in NorCal for my dad's Kiwanis convention. Little did I know that in a year, we would be living there and I would spent most of my summer attending concerts at Great America...

I went to tons of concerts when I was in my teens to late 20's. Ozzy, Metallica, Garth Brooks, Bon Jovi to name a few.
 
It's painful to admit, but .......

I'm dating myself. The Beattles at shay stadium. I was 10 or 11

I saw The Big Bopper ("Chantilly Lace") during the summer of '59, if memory serves. The first real "concert" was The Beatles, Sept. of '64, in a small football stadium with a bazillion screaming young girls, including my then girlfriend. Missed two important freshmen classes at college and all I could hear was screaming and mass hysteria. So Rick, don't feel bad.

And no, I don't go to many, if any, concerts these days. They're just waaay too damn expensive. Well, unless it's Bonnie Raitt. She's worth every penny. I do, however, attend Jazz Fest a couple days each year. Multiple "concerts" each day
 
Last edited:
It was in a small venue before grunge took off with Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins and Red Hot Chili Peppers headlining. Fucking awesome!!! Still have the RHCP shirt.:D
 
Mine was a cornish heavy metal band called chain reaction I think no merchandise available back then it was about 1982, so loud I ended up listening to them outside the entrance lol
 
Back
Top