Misplaced Princess Redux (Closed for FireyIce)

Opensesame54321

Lost in Limbo
Dusty Carlyle

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/young-adult-female-model-gm186159526-27608704

Dusty gave a little laugh as the young man gave her an appreciative once over. She thought that he was just so-so, good for a quick kiss and maybe a cuddle, but certainly nothing long term. Her last boyfriend had been Greg, and the breakup was still fairly fresh - only 2 weeks ago since she had caught him in bed with her roommates, Selma, when she came back to the room early. Maybe this guy would do to tide her over until she could find her a new boyfriend.

Meanwhile, she had managed to get moved to a new room - one without a roommate. She actually liked having the room to herself. Now that she was 20, she was becoming a young lady, not a kid or a teenager.

The young man grinned at her and started to put his hands around her hips. She laughed and pulled back.

"Hold on here. I don't even know your name." She smiled at him and gave a laugh. The boy reached out and grinned, holding onto her wrist.

"Duke. I know yours. You're Dusty, ain't cha?" It was more of a drawl than a name.

"Well, Duke. Hello. You must be new here at school. What's your major? Made any new friends?" She tried being flip as she pulled slightly back on the hand holding her wrist. It didn't budge.

"Yeah. Made friends with different people. One of my new friends is some guy named Greg." She tried to keep the smile light and friendly but her heart started beating a bit faster.

"Really? Who else have you met?"

The grip was strong as he drew her close to him, the fingers bruising her wrist. "I've met you. Dusty!" His mouth pressed up against her ear as he whispered, "Greg says you're good for an easy fuck. I thought I'd see for myself."

"Please let me go!" She suddenly realized that she was in an isolated portion of the campus. She had been walking back to her room and had cut through behind the library. She usually didn't go that way but it would save a couple of minutes. She now realized just how dark and isolated it was back here. Looking around, all she saw was the dumpster and a couple of bushes and a lone light over the back door to the library.

Greg was angry at her for dumping him and he was getting even. He must be using this Duke to get back at her. Right now, she was a bit scared.

She tried to break his grip, maybe peeling his fingers back with her other hand, but he grabbed that hand too, both wrists held tight in both of his hands. She suddenly noticed that Duke didn't look cute. He looked dangerous.

Last edited:
Dominic “Dom” Salvatore

https://www.shutterstock.com/fr/pic...ght-gray.html?src=AzEqbuuYbrvmGgIMzGg7SA-1-70

Dom had been wandering around, minding his own business as he was leaving the library. At the age of 22, he was blending in with everyone else perfectly fine. Though he was on campus, he wasn’t really a student. In fact, not even known to Dusty, he was more of a guardian angel.

There was no warning, very little to any sound, as Dom had moved closer behind Duke. Luckily, the shadows had helped conceal all of his features. Once he got into position, he used his boot and kicked Duke in the knee. With the sound of a small break occurring, he moved his hand quickly onto his arm and kept it extended as he used his other hand to twist it, breaking it.

With what would seem like something out of a movie, he was able to move quickly and efficiently as he subdued Duke and tossed him on the ground. As he watched his body hit the floor, he looked over at him, noting that there was very little to no chance that he was going to be running away from what was transpiring. As he looked back, he saw Dusty looking shocked at what had happened. “Are you alright?” he asked with some concern while not trying to show all of himself.

Suddenly, Duke was on the ground, groaning, and Dusty was looking at a figure mostly in shadow. She could tell it was a man and the light from over the back door to the library shone on the guy's blonde hair. But she couldn't make our his face. Like something out of a movie, the blonde guy made some quick moves, there was the sound of breaking bones, and she was left staring into the shadows, trying to see the face of her savior.

Are you alright?

She hesitated for a fraction of a second before answering.

"Uh, yeah! Now! Thanks to you." She glanced down at Duke, the man still moaning in pain in the dirt, then looked back at the guy that had rescued her. "Who are you?"

It felt weird being chatty with some unknown guy in the dark behind the library while Duke rolled around in pain at her feet. Duke scared her but she hated to leave him back there where no one might find him for maybe even a day. She didn't want the guy to die.

"Should I go get help for him?"

Dom listened as she thanked him for saving her. “I’m Dom,” he answered as he looked down at Duke who was in pain. “He should be good, let him lay there and think about what he tried to do.” Dom walked a bit farther out of the shadows against his better judgement. He figured that he should at least help make sure she didn’t have any other incidents.

“Do you want me to walk you to your dorm?” he asked as he noted her blonde hair while looking into her blue eyes. “God knows there’s probably quite a few other individuals like him. Trying to prey on the weak, not that you don’t look weak at all,” he caught himself saying.

He offered his arm for her. Dom was hoping that Dusty would trust him, knowing that he had just helped her. “Besides, I can come back and check on him later.” Dom added as he looked down at him, kicking him a bit, making sure he wasn’t too comfortable. He continued to wait for her response to see if she needed any assistance making it back to her place. He was hoping that she wouldn’t ask too many questions so he wouldn’t have to reveal himself to her.

I'm Dom

"Hi Dom. I'm Dusty." She smiled at him and surprisingly felt at ease with him. Maybe it was because he had probably save her from rape by Duke. She couldn't help but smile as he told her to let Duke lay there and think about what he tried to do. She couldn't help but agree with Dom.

Do you want me to walk you to your dorm? God knows there’s probably quite a few other individuals like him. Trying to prey on the weak, not that you don’t look weak at all.

"If you don't mind. I mean, if you're not doing something else." She took the arm that he offered and they started heading for her dorm. "I mean, if you're pulling Ninja for some other helpless female, I understand. Damn, I never heard a thing. One minute he's got my wrists and the next thing I know, he's rolling around on the ground. Are you, like, security or just special ops?" She joked with him, somehow not even thinking as she flirted with Dom. Once they got out under some of the street lamps lining the sidewalks on the way to her dorm, she got a better look at him. God! He was cute! Great build, blonde hair and it looked like blue eyes. She smiled and leaned into him a bit, her hand lightly touching his arm.

Flirting was second nature to Dusty. She loved to flirt with guys. She loved to kiss and tease them. She wasn't a virgin by any stretch of the imagination, but neither was she a slut. She was a cute girl that loved to flirt with the opposite sex. And Dom, as far as she could see, was a great example of the opposite sex.

“Well, you know, this is how I just kill my free time. Helping damsels in distress,” Dom said jokingly as they walked into a more lit area. As they walked, he felt her lean up against him a bit. “I’ve studied different types of martial arts over the last few years,” he said knowing it was a bit of a half-truth, though not a lie. He looked over at her, seeing how beautiful she was. He was hoping that this would help with her trusting him.

“Where is your dorm at, Dusty?” he asked as they started to walk down more people. He was hoping that this would help put her on ease, though he did notice she was being a bit flirty. He thought that either it was in her nature or a defense mechanism, though he wasn’t entirely sure. The air was still a bit warm, which was refreshing. He had decided while waiting for an answer he would go back to visit Duke and see how he was doing.

“So, what are you studying, Dusty?” Dom inquired as he tried to make some small talk. He was hoping that it wasn’t too far from where they were, though he wouldn’t mind if they ended up walking a bit longer.

"Martial arts? Wow! You are security! You work for the school or are you just freelance?" She leaned on him a bit more, laughing and holding on to his arm. She was surprised to feel so at ease with this guy. And he looked vaguely familiar though she couldn't say for sure. After all, Dusty noticed lots of men. Maybe they shared a class.

"Oh, my dorm is over across campus. Blake." She leaned in to conspiringly tell him. "It's the coed one." Her breast brushed against his upper arm. "You know. Men on one wing and women in the other wing. But there are ways around the barrier." She smiled and gave a wink.

She was finding this guy intriguing. She could tell by the feel of his bicep that he was pretty buff. Wonder what he looked like under all those clothes. She gave a squeeze on his arm and smiled.

"Well, I'm studying English. Maybe write the great American novel. Or be a journalist. Maybe both. Maybe a Pulitzer?" In other words, she was undecided. Though she wasn't going to say that. After all, Dusty was having fun going to school and meeting men.

"So, what's your major? You a jock?"

Dusty started slowing down. They were coming up to her dorm and she didn't want to let go of his arm. Maybe he wouldn't notice that they were outside Blake Hall.

Dom let out a chuckle at the comment about working security as they continued to walk. “If I did security, I would probably do freelance,” he admitted. “I like my free time.” He listened to Dusty tell him what dorm it was. He also noticed her moving her body so that her breast would be rubbing against his arm. There was no doubt that Dom figured that she was flirting with her. Once he heard that she was in a coed dorm, it no longer surprised him.

“I was actually visiting a friend over in Williams,” he told her as they took their time walking. “I was just heading back to my car before the whole incident occurred. I actually don’t go to this school as strange as it sounds.” Dom listened to her and her aspirations as she mentioned the ideas she had with a degree in English. He thought it was highly interesting, to say the least. “There’s no doubt that any of those options can be very rewarding,” he chimed in saying for what it was worth. With her degree of flirting, Dom could see her writing romance novels; though he figured mentioning so wouldn’t be in his favor.

There was a sense of disappointment as they continued to talk for a while as he noticed the sign that read “Blake Hall”. He let out a sigh as he slowly moved them towards the doors of the dormitory. “So, this looks like your stop, Dusty,” he told her with a small sense of disappointment. He knew that this was going to be far from the last time that he would run into her. Dom did decide to see if she wanted him to walk her to her room at her request he would oblige to do so.

Dusty felt disappointed when she found out he didn't go to school here. So there wasn't much chance of running into him again. She didn't want to let go. He was so cute. She flipped her hair as they talked, laughing and touching his arm. She saw one of the girls heading into the dorm give Dom an appreciative look and an envious glance. Dusty subconsciously preened.

So, this looks like your stop, Dusty

Dusty gave a little pout, and then brightened. "Maybe you should make sure that I make it to my room safely. After all, Greg may have told other guys. They could be lying in wait!"

She smiled seductively at him. She didn't think for a minute that she would be attacked in the halls of Blake. But if she could get him up there, maybe she could get him to check out her room.

Dom listened to Dusty as she made her case about there being other people. I was already risky enough, he thought to himself, exposing this much of him to her. He figured that it would be in his best interest to make sure she did arrive to her room safely.

“After you, Dusty,” he said as he waited for the door to be opened by her student ID. Once that happened, he offered her his arm again. He let her take the charge while walking to her room. “So, how long have you been going here?” he asked while trying to make small talk. He could tell that they were both getting attention in many ways. He had also noticed that she was enjoying getting a lot of attention from other individuals.

Dusty smiled brightly at Dom. "Is this the first time that you've visited the campus? Cause you look vaguely familiar?" She laughed and shook her head. "Oh, well..." She looked at a couple kissing in the hall, giving Dom a squeeze of his arm. She waved at a couple of girls at the end of the hall and smiled at the young man leaving his girlfriend's room.

"Oh, me? Well, I'm a Sophomore. Guess I'm gonna have to settle down and pick a major. It's so hard to settle on one thing." She leaned into him, giving a light little laugh.

"So Dom, where do you go to school? You know, I feel so safe with you nearby." They reached the door to her room. The hall was quiet - no one around. She gave him the key to unlock her door.

Looking innocent, she blinked at him. "I suppose that you want to check in my room to make sure that there are no thugs waiting for me inside."

Dom listened to Dusty ask about his time on campus. “No, every now and then I visit a few friends here. So it’s possible you’ve seen me around,” he told her. He wanted to give the impression that he had the kind of face that helped him blend in quite a bit.

“I don’t go to school,” he told Dusty. “I work at a gym not too far away, more of a personal trainer. It kind of gives me some flexible hours,” he added as he felt her get closer to him while watching people walking down the halls. He did let out a small chuckle as he saw the guy walk out of the dorm room, figuring he had just got lucky.

Dom was a bit surprised at how far away her dorm room was, being a bit isolated from the others. His mind started to think about the amount of trouble she could easily get herself into. Once they got to the room, he was surprised that she wanted to have him check the room. Dom knew it was a bad idea. Though he knew it, he figured it would be a good idea if she felt at peace. “Sure,” he said as he inserted the key and turned it, hearing the click followed by him turning the door handle and opening it. To him, it looked like a normal dorm room. “No roommate?” he inquired as he walked in a took a look around, turning and watching Dusty follow suit.

She followed Dom into her dorm room, closed the door behind her and locked it. Standing in her room he looked yummy. Too bad he didn't go to school here. Might not get to see him on a regular basis.

"No, no roommate. I had one at the first of the year but I came back one evening and found her in bed with my boyfriend. That's the Greg that caused the problem with that Duke guy. Anyway," at this she started walking across to Dom, leaning into him and turning on the charm. "I asked to be moved. Had to take what was available. So Dom," she ran a finger along his chin. "Now you see why I'm a bit apprehensive."

She batted her eyes at him. Damn! He was even cuter the closer she got to him.

“Ah,” he said when Dusty explained her ex Greg. “That makes things a bit more clear with everything that has transpired tonight. He was a bit surprised that she locked the door behind her. He stood still, motionless as he watched her come closer to him, feeling her finger on his chin.

There was no doubt that she was very lovely, more so than when they were walking in the dark. He moved his hand up to her cheek, feeling the soft skin as he moved her blonde hair back. Dom did find it a bit unique that she was trying so hard to get with him when he had just saved her not too long ago. “I do see why you are apprehensive; though I’m not sure you’re effectively displaying it with me.”

Dom picked Dusty up and set her down on the bed. “Though I like your advances,” he admitted to her, “I don’t think this is a good idea.” Dom got out a pen from his pocket and found some scrap paper and wrote down his number for her. “Perhaps tomorrow we can grab dinner, get to know one another?” he suggested as he headed towards the door, unlocking it. “Do try to have a good night,” he added before he left.

As he left the dormitory, he decided to still make good on his promise to go revisit Duke. While he made his way back there, he saw him still on the ground and in pain. “So, Duke,” he said as he kicked him, getting his attention. “I hope you learned your lesson from earlier.”

“Fuck you!” Exclaimed Duke as he looked up at Dom. “I’m going to find you and kick your ass when I get better.”

“No, you won’t. In fact, you’ll have a hard time touching anyone again,” Dom said sternly as he stomped on Duke’s hands, hearing the bones crunch under him. “And the next time you feel like taking advantage of someone, I’ll personally kill you.” He could hear the cries in agonizing pain from his boot grinding on his hands; however, he was already heading away by the time people realized what had happened.

Ah, That makes things a bit more clear with everything that has transpired tonight. I do see why you are apprehensive; though I’m not sure you’re effectively displaying it with me.

She stood there listening to him and getting a sinking feeling. He picked her up and sat her on her bed.

Though I like your advances, I don’t think this is a good idea.

He took a pen out and wrote his name and number on paper from her desktop. He gave it to her, saying, Perhaps tomorrow we can grab dinner, get to know one another? Do try to have a good night.

And then he was gone. She could not believe it. Guys usually did not turn her down. Not that she wanted to screw the guy (at least not yet), but it would have been nice to make out with him. Shit! She crumpled the piece of paper up and threw it across the room.

And damn that Greg! She should have known that he would pull something like that. She would have to keep an eye out. He wasn't one to give up easily.

She stripped except for her thong. Slipping on a cropped tee, she got ready for bed. She could hear the girl in the room next door getting lucky. Made her all the more frustrated and she climbed under the covers.

Her hand drifted to her reach up under her tee and pinched her nipples. She had a dreamy smile on her face as she stopped and turned over to drift off to sleep. Dom sure was cute. In fact, she found a familiar face waiting for her in her dreams.

Dom headed back to his place, enjoying the quiet of the night as he continued to walk. It wasn’t too long before he got back to his small apartment. Luckily, he didn’t have or need much.

As he started to get comfortable, he took off his shirt and had his wings form. As he relaxed, he drew his sword and sliced through the air, cutting a slit in space. Once he walked in, his wings expanded, as he entered what was known as The Void. He thought about how things had taken a drastic change, not just today, but over the last few years from when he was first assigned to watch over Dusty.

“At least she still doesn’t know who I am,” he told himself as he contemplated if the time table should be moved up. It would be a year early, but it would be better if she was at least safe, knowing who he was exactly. Dom looked and saw that she was starting to fall asleep, which meant she would see him again. The downside is that she knew who he was now. Dom was hoping that after tonight he would have an easier decision in talking to Dusty, letting her know what her true future was going to hold.

Dusty stared at her surroundings. Once again she was having that silly dream - things flying around her. She heard the thwup thwup sound and turned to see him landing. It was Dom.

That's where she had seen him. She had dreamed about him? Was she psychic?

"Dom?" She stood there staring at him. "What a wild dream. I must be psychic, or maybe psychotic. Maybe it was that burrito from the student union cafeteria. That will teach me to eat something like that. So you like Peter Pan? Send me to Never Never Land? You won't kiss me but you will blow fairy dust in my face? Well you know, I don't need you. So forget it."

She turned her back on him, snubbing him. This after all was her dream.

Dom wasn’t exactly surprised to see Dusty arrive at The Void. Luckily, he didn’t mind letting her think that this was just a part of a dream that she was in control of. He had realized how much he had messed up by revealing so much to her already.

Once he finished listening to her, he said very little. “This is your dream. I’m only what you want me to be,” he told her as he watched her turn around. Once he watched her turn around, he figured that a small spark of electricity would be enough to wake her up, make her leave The Void.

As he watched her jump a little bit and disappear, he decided to go take a look at their home world, getting a feel of how much of it has, or hasn’t change since his last trip a few months ago. As he finished touring and visiting some of the locals, he headed back to Earth, since it was going to be a few hours before he would go to sleep. “I wonder if she’ll call or text,” he said to himself before arriving back. Once he was back, he took a look around, plugged in his phone and started to fall asleep.

She woke up with a start. Even in her dreams things weren't working. Well, she didn't need him neither. She turned back over and went to sleep. But this time there was no dream and she woke up tired.

Classes kept her busy the next morning. During her lunch break at the cafeteria she was eating what passed for lunch - dry Philly cheesesteak and chips - when a shadow fell over the table. Looking up, she found Greg sneering down at her.

"Met any new guys lately, sweet cheeks?"

Oh, I met a few. One guy I met, Duke I think he said his name was, was an utter bore. His knee might be hurting him right now." She gave him an innocent look.

He sat down. "All you had to do was play threesome with us.."

"I don't share my men at all. Go find someone else to play."

He reached across the table and grabbed her wrist. She winced at the pain, noticing for the first time the bruise that Duke gave her last night. "Then expect more company. I've passed your name around to a few guys that I know would just love to fuck that sweet pussy of yours." He let go of her and got up, walking out of the cafeteria with a definite swagger to his walk.

She was no longer hungry and got up to bus her plate. She spent the afternoon in classes but what Greg had said was never far from her mind.

Dominic headed to bed shortly after getting undressed. He did the normal routine of plugging his phone in, making sure the blinds were closed fairly well. There was no doubt that he was a bit more exhausted than he would normally be due to last night’s events.

As he lay down in bed, he was curious as to how Dusty’s day was going. The thought didn’t last too long as he fell asleep. It wasn’t until early in the evening when he woke up and looked over at his phone. To much of his surprise, he hadn’t received any texts or phone calls from anyone claiming to be Dusty. Part of him thought if he should head back to the college tonight and see if he could “accidently” bump into her. Until then, he made the decision to get a shower in and get dressed before finding out how she was doing.

It wasn’t until after he had finished with his shower and found some clothes to wear, that he noticed he had a missed notification on his phone. He continued to get dressed before looking at who it was from.

Dusty finished the last class of the day and headed back to her room. This had really turned into a crap day. She rubbed her wrist where Duke and then Greg had grabbed her. She could see the fingerprint bruises and wished that Greg would just go away and leave her alone.

It was all quiet on the wing - most of the girls probably still in class. She reached her door and unlocked it. Once in, she dropped the books on the desk and sagged a bit. Crap!

Turning to close her door, her heart stopped. Standing in the doorway was a figure. She recognized him. Greg wasn't alone. Two other guys stood by his side. She rushed to close the door. Wrong move, though cornered in the room didn't leave lots of options for running.

Hands grabbed her. She heard someone say "gag her" and in record time something was stuffed in her mouth. She fought and scratched and tried to scream. It ended with her stretched between two guys and Greg standing in front of her really pissed, fresh scratches decorating his cheek.

"Harry here is not real happy. He's got a brother named Duke. Duke had to go to the hospital for a broken knee and every bone in his hand broken. So Harry is thinking that maybe he needs to get some payment from you. And Sam, his friend, thought that, since you're just giving it away for free, he wanted to get in on it. And now, you're gonna pay me back for this thing (he motioned to the scratches on his face). We are gonna fuck you all night and come morning, you're ripe juicy body is gonna belong to us."

Dusty was scared. Damn scared! Oh, where was that Dom guy when she needed him.

Dom looked at his phone and saw that it was just some random spam text that appeared. He sighed in frustration, since he tended to get them from time to time. There was a bit on anxiety surging through Dom as he thought about how he had acted in the last 24 hours. Yes, he was a bit stern and impolite though he knew what the states were with Dusty. After looking at the time, he figured he would go over to her dorm and see how she was doing, if she was even there.

It didn’t take too long for him to get from his place to the campus. With his memory being as sharp as it was, it didn’t any effort to find Blake Hall. Once there, he blended in as best he could with the other students, going in behind one of them with their ID card. As he retraced his steps, he could feel that something was off. It wasn’t as late as last night, though it did feel as if the rooms were more vacant. “Hopefully she won’t be in there or at least in any trouble,” he told himself as he made his way back down towards her room.

Dominic saw down the hall, noting a few individuals standing just outside the door. He thought for a moment and realized that the distance was just about the same from when he left last night. “Oh, fuck,” he said to himself as he started to dart down the hall. As he watched the figures go into the room he could hear the sound of people talking, one person making demands at that.

He heard one guy mention Duke and how someone else was his brother. As he got closer to the door, he stopped, slowly peered in and saw that they all were focused on Dusty and not anything behind them. It took a brief moment for him to think of a strategy. He had already assessed the situation as being severely critical, so negotiating wasn’t much of an option for him. He reached down, pulled a knife out from his shoe and calculated his attack.

This night was not what he was hoping for and he knew there was going to be a lot of explaining he would have to do. Once he cornered the door, he went straight for the biggest threat, Greg himself. Without any warning, he kicked the back of his knee hard, making him lose his balance and fall slightly down. That’s all it took for him to get a good, clean cut with the knife on his throat. Though he would’ve preferred not to have any bloodshed, the reality is that the opposite was going to only get worse.

Within a split second of Greg starting to fall over, he looked at the two remaining guys. He noticed that Harry looked similar to Duke. Deciding he was the next biggest threat, he threw the knife with a huge amount of force, watching it impale him in his stomach. Almost instantaneous, he moved towards Sam and grabbed his arm, pulling it vertical with as much force as he could until there was a very audible crack. After he saw that there was no one able to get a hold of Dusty, he pushed him against the wall, smashing his head against it. As he refocused his attention back to Harry, he had already moved across the room and struck him with his palm under his jaw. He heard a snap near his neck. If the blow didn’t kill him, he was going to be finding a lot of mobility issues in the near future.

“Are you alright, Princess?” he asked as he looked down at Dusty. “We need to go. Now.” He stated as he helped her up after pulling the knife out of Harry. He could tell that there was a sense of shock on Dusty’s face as he picked her up and carried her farther down the hall. He figured the back entrance was safer. Once they got out into the open, Dom made his way to his car, still carrying Dusty as if it was no problem at all. As he helped her in, he got in and started to drive. “Are you alright? Are you hurt, your highness?” he inquired as they started to drive off away from the college.

Dusty was busy watching Greg and didn't notice the figure come up behind him until she heard the scream start to leave Greg's mouth. Before it had a chance to finish forming, the knife cleanly sliced his neck and Greg tumbled to the floor.

Dusty's eyes were wide as saucers as she stood there still held between Harry and Sam and as Harry let go of her to take on the figure, she saw the figure throw the knife into the young man's stomach and Harry collapsed at her feet.

Sam shoved Dusty down to face the figure and Dusty sat up to pull the gag from her mouth. Suddenly, Dom was bending over her not making much sense.

Are you alright, Princess? We need to go. Now.

She was confused. One minute 3 guys are going to rape her and suddenly there is blood and bodies everywhere and Dom saying they had to go.

Before she could wrap her head around all of this, he picked her up as if she were a doll. He ran with her in his arms out the back door of the dorm and through the quiet campus to a car. He deposited her in the car and climbed in the drivers seat. As they quickly left the campus, he asked her,

Are you alright? Are you hurt, your highness?

She finally found her voice.

"Dom, where are we going? How did you know that I needed help? You've got to go back and get help for them, tho God knows that they may not deserve it. Dom? Dom, where are you taking me?"

She was confused and just assumed that the term "Princess" was a term of endearment, though this was only the second time they had met.

Dom continued to drive, not entirely sure of where they were going. All he knew is that it had to be somewhere fairly isolated. He pulled out his phone and turned on a police radio app. After a moment, he heard the chatter of what had just happened at Blake Hall. Luckily, they were going the opposite way, so the police would be fairly busy not minding him speeding.

“Are you hurt?” he asked with a stern yet concerned voice. “Do you need any medical attention?” He waited until he got a response. As he waited, he noticed that they were near a park that was fairly empty at this time of night. Luckily, the sun was also setting, which was advantageous to him.

When they arrived, he stopped the car and turned it off. “The guy that was in front of you is dead; the one with the knife wound will probably die. If he doesn’t, he’s going to be paralyzed. The third person will live, though his pride probably won’t.” He didn’t know how to be so subtle about something such as the incident that had just occurred.

Dom let out a heavy sigh as he knew this next part would be hard to believe. “And,” he began to say, “I called you ‘princess’ and ‘your highness’ since you are royalty. Though, not on this world, as strange as it sounds.” Dom looked at her, expecting to see a look that said he was crazy and she was in more danger than she originally thought. “I headed back to see how you were doing since I rejected you twice yesterday and didn’t want any bad blood between us,” he said as he realized that part of Dusty’s clothing had some blood splatter on it. “Poor choice of words,” he admitted.

Are you hurt? Do you need any medical attention?

"No, I'm fine. Just bruises". She watched as he drove fast. Too fast. He must be running on adrenaline from the fight.

But she stayed quiet. The last thing they needed was a wreck. He turned into the deserted park and shut off the engine.

The guy that was in front of you is dead; the one with the knife wound will probably die. If he doesn’t, he’s going to be paralyzed. The third person will live, though his pride probably won’t.

She sat there stunned. Greg was dead? Dead? She couldn't believe that one minute he was talking about a gangbang and the next minute, the guys are dead and she and Dom are in the run? But surely it would be self defense? Right? After all, Dom was saving her.

She started to tell him that, that she would back him up all the way but his next words stopped her.

And, I called you ‘princess’ and ‘your highness’ since you are royalty. Though, not on this world, as strange as it sounds.

She started laughing, though her eyes didn't look like they were amused.

I headed back to see how you were doing since I rejected you twice yesterday and didn’t want any bad blood between us. Poor choice of words

"Oh look, see, you've got the wrong person. My name is Dusty Carlyle. My parents are Frank and Betsey Carlyle. And I'm pretty sure that they aren't royal at all, though Dad frequently says he's king of his castle. I'm sorry, cause you're cute and I wouldn't mind making out with you. But, you've got the wrong girl."

She put a hand on his arm, first, cause he had just killed a couple of guys and she didn't want to irritate him, and she wanted him to not feel bad that he had mixed her up with some other Dusty Carlyle.

Back