$64,000 bar tab?

FakeNews

Literotica Guru
Four Jacksonville Jaguars players were detained, and three were arrested, after they ran up a tab of £50,000 ($64,000 U.S.) at a London club that “features burlesque and circus performers” early Saturday morning, according to the UK’s Sun newspaper. All four were released after the tab was settled, per NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, who described the incident as “a misunderstanding.”
https://deadspin.com/jaguars-players-arrested-released-after-misunderstand-1830055056

How could four guys spend $64k in a bar in one evening? What are the prices like in that joint?!

I was watching this this morning before the game. I hope the bill get released cuz I really wanna know what they blew that much on. I have no doubt it was worth it. I don't care if it was a kick in the balls, for 60 grand it's the best damn kick in the balls I ever had. I will brag about that kick in my nuts. I will tell everyone how insanely epic it was and what they missed by not being there. It was worth every penny.

The pound is only worth US$1.28?

That's news to me.

It seems to be the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_sterling

(my bold)
The result of the 2016 UK referendum on EU membership caused a major decline in the pound against other world currencies as the future of international trade relationships and domestic political leadership became unclear.[74] The referendum result weakened sterling against the euro by 5% overnight. The night before the vote, the pound was trading at €1.30; the next day, this had fallen to €1.23. By October 2016, the exchange rate was €1.12 to the pound, a fall of 14% since the referendum. By the end of August 2017 the pound was even lower, at €1.08.[75] Against the US dollar, meanwhile, the pound fell from $1.466 to $1.3694 when the referendum result was first revealed, and down to $1.2232 by October 2016, a fall of 16%.[76]

"Burlesque and circus performers"? Who does burlesque any more?! I've been to a lot of strip clubs, and I've never seen an old-fashioned strip-tease act in my life! Not live, anyway.

Back