Anything but love (closed)

She smiled a little at him as she continued to dig trying to make sure they had found everyone. She watched as he handed the girl over to the Dr and her little sister leaped at him to hug him in tear filled thanks. Maybe he would remember now that the whole world is not out to get them.

As he hugged the girl shots rang out. He turned his body to shield the girl from the direction of the shots. At the same time he looked around for his charge. He did not see her at first. Then, when he saw her, he yelled to her, "get back here now. Those shots are too close. Come take care of these girls.....NOW!"

She hissed not liking his attitude but then the gunshots registered and she moved back over by them and the Dr.

Fine what are you gonna do?

"Lose your fucking attitude and do what I told you to do. Listen for once. I am going to go get the old woman who was shot over by that market. You make sure these kids are okay."

With that, he took off running. His eyes moving from building to building as he sprinted for the woman. He picked her up. She was covered in blood. He was not convinced she would survive, but he was not leaving without her. He carried her back, not moving in a straight line. He handed the woman to the doctor, who just shook his head, no.

She had already done what he asked so he technically was the one with the attitude but clearly her trying to see what he was going to do next was pointless. She sat there with the girls and the Dr and refused to even look at him focusing more in the girls who seemed to appreciate her presence

The fact that the elderly woman did not make it made him sad. It also made him angry. Why would someone target her? There was no reason for it. She was harmless. This was done simply to intimidate the people. He felt his blood starting to boil. For a moment he forgot about his true mission.

Last edited:
The Dr tried to get both of their attention.

I have this you two go on.... find safety

She looked from the girls to the Dr then to her guard and shrugged.

As he looked around he saw movement in a window across the way. He pushed her down and told the doctor to keep an eye on all three of the girls. He then sprinted across the square.

He cautiously entered the building and slowly moved up the stairs. When he entered the hallway he calculated where the room was in which he had seen the movement in the window.

He was still seeing red. He was upset with the girls being injured in the explosion and the woman being shot to death. Someone was going to pay. He knocked on the door, and he heard whoever was inside go silent. This told him he had the right place. He kicked in the door and came face to face with a man with a gun. Fortunately, he was prepared and fired two rounds through the man's chest.

He quickly swept the room to make sure there was nobody else there. Then he looked around. There was a map of the square and there were dots on the buildings that had blown up. There were other plans laying on the table.....possibly other targets for the guerrillas.

He grabbed everything he could and carried it back to where he had left her. "Let's go. I am sure you are going to want to see all of this." He thanked the doctor and led her back to the suite.

Hurrying back in with him she hoped the others would be alright.

What am I going to want to see Ryan...

She was curious and stressed at what was going on and worried.

He dumped everything on the table......the maps, the plans......everything.

"This is what you re going to want to see. This is what you come here for. I am sure you are going to win some kind of award for this."

He walked over and grabbed a bottle of water before sitting down in a chair and watching her.

She poured through it all for hours. She smiled not at what she was seeing but what it meant and what it could do to help this place. She placed a few calls on one of the untraceable throw aways and spoke with a few people before looking at him.

SO how do we get out of the country make it look like you are dragging me out of a warzone and keep all of this hidden

"We? How do we get it out? You fired me......remember? You have someone else coming to take over for me. He should be here first thing tomorrow. You can figure it out with him, since he is the one who is going to get paid for the assignment. I am here until he arrives and then I will be out of the way."

He was upset with her. This despite the fact that he felt an attraction to her. He was pissed that she was now assuming that she would help her after she wanted him replaced, and after he had discovered the evidence that she had been calling all over about.

Fine stay here and tell him he will not be getting paid either and I will get myself out of here today... Bye

With that she went to go pack and hide all this stuff in her clothes and whatever else she could find that would not ruin any of the paperwork. She was not going to accept any more help nor bodyguards and if her boss didn't like it she had plenty more companies begging her to work for them and were willing to agree to anything to get her to jump ship and start working for them instead.

That pushed him over the edge. He had enough of her holier-than-thou attitude. He stormed out of the interior room and headed toward her room. He didn't knock...he just pushed the door open. He walked right up and got in her face...not providing her with an opportunity to say anything.

"Wo the fuck do you think you are? You act as though you are invincible. You think that you have stayed safe because you are just this wonderfully, beautiful and sexy woman who is an extremely talented photo journalist. You have been reading too many of your press clippings. You need to understand that other people contribute to your ability to be successful, and that the second you try get those documents out of here that you are in trouble."

As he talked at her he moved closer to her. As she backed away from him he kept moving closer to her until he had her pinned to the wall...their bodies inches apart.

Who the hell do you think you are? You are the one not willing to get me out of here with this info and tomorrow will give them time to realize its gone and make our ability to get out of here become next to impossible.

She was beyond pissed at his attitude and storming in like that and while yeah a bodyguard certainly helped her get around and out of many places safely its not like she could tell about them or include picture of them in her articles and risk them now could she? Backed to a wall she lashed out and her hand quickly moved to slap him.

He saw her move her hand to slap him and reacted instantly. He grabbed her by the wrist and held it tightly. He looked right into her eyes.

"Who the hell do I think I am? I am the way that keeps you safe and who got all of this for you. Yes I am the one who is willing to walk away from a big payday too. Why am I willing to walk away from a big payday and from spending time with someone who is so fucking hot? Because you are so fucking hung up on yourself. If you ever stopped giving orders and tried to collaborate, you might find it much easier to work with people, because they would look at you as a person not as a bitch."

You don't get it do you... stop and think how many women in my line of work do nearly the depth of stories I do? Damn near none... this side of the business is male dominated so yeah I have to be twice as cold and ruthless as they are be woman enough to con males into giving answers they should not give and just as tough and determined and callous and twice as dedicated as my male counterparts to even remotely be taken seriously... if you can't handle that Quit taking the assignments that involve me... and no matter how much they offer you do have the option to say no unless they have something on you or there is another reason to you keep taking them

She jerked her arm to get free of his grip with nearly a hiss at his actions.

He had enough. She just didn't get it. Here was a difference between being ruthless to get the job done and treating everyone who tried to help her like shit. He wished he could make her understand.

"There was another reason that I took assignments with you that had nothing to do with he money. You won't have to worry though, because I will. To be taking anymore assignments with you. I have seen a side of you that makes you less attractive to me."

She paused something shifted in her eyes hearing what he said. She had always been alone never being able to get close to anyone or worried that if she did that would end up being some sort of weakness.

What the hell are you talking about? and what did you just say?

"Never mind. Just get all your stuff together. I will pack some of the documents in my bags. I will help you get yourself out of here with your precious cargo, and then you will never have to see me again in life."

He headed to his room to get his bags. He took several weapons out of one bag to make room for her papers. He placed the weapons in several concealed areas where he would be able to access them. Then he made a call on his sat phone.... making arrangements for a chopper to pick them up at a remote site.

He walked back to her room and handed her the bag that was practically empty to put papers into. "Let's get moving. You want out today, I will get you out today."

No... not before you explain.

She was confused and those infernal feelings or thoughts of feelings for this insufferable man did not help.

"There you go again. Giving orders when you are not in a position to do so. It is the one thing about you that I don't find attractive. You do not know how to interact with people. You feel that everyone is inferior to you or that they owe you something."

I never said anything about inferior I just want answers... Hello its what I do?

She shook her head and and went back to get the rest of her stuff how did people deal with being together with someone and all the fighting and having to deal with feelings and the way the other person translates stuff.

"You don't know how to talk to people. You just know how to talk at them."

He waited for her to pack her stuff up and get ready to move out. He was prepared for this mission to be over. Despite being in such close proximity to someone as hot as she was, he couldn't work for her anymore.

"Yu have 2 minutes to get ready and move it. If you aren't ready we are going to miss the rendezvous time."

Fine...

She had grabbed the last of her stuff and sat there now waiting on him. Being away from him once more she could dismiss those infuriating feelings and thoughts about him and from the sounds of it once and for all

Back