Why is everyone so fucking stupid?

At the same time as you repress violent urges, perchance?

I think it's more than that. Too much emphasis on teaching to memorise "facts", and not enough on analysis, questioning and reasoning.

Inflexibility of mind is a tragedy.

I agree that it’s a tragedy, but it’s also a way of life. Too many other factors come in to play, like pride, ego, prejudices that cause people to give the appearance of stupidity.

Then, the people who think alike tend to group together and, like with any group of people, the appearance is even more noticeable.

Why does everybody think that everybody else is stupid?:D

*see the dunning-kruger effect. The less bright they actually are, the more they perceive stupidity in others. It's really a pretty fascinating phenomenon that the majority of human beings believe themselves to be above-average in intelligence.

*see the dunning-kruger effect. The less bright they actually are, the more they perceive stupidity in others. It's really a pretty fascinating phenomenon that the majority of human beings believe themselves to be above-average in intelligence.

^^^ the poster boi for D-K effect.

The first step is admittance.. Nice to see you finally do so.

It's a Happy Thanksgiving miracle!!

Why does everybody think that everybody else is stupid?:D

03c.gif

Hiya CS. Still hot as ever? x

^^^ the poster boi for D-K effect.

I have explained this to you before, Rob. EVERYONE is impacted by that effect. The only varience is it occurs in the varied areas that we do not have the knowledge or experience to know what it is that we don't know. None of us have the capacity to know with certainty when it is that we have exceeded the limits of our understanding of a particular field or concept, as you have done here.

I would explain it to 'Slinger, but in the unlikely.chance he was able to grasp the concept or understand the true irony in his siggy, he might feel...well...stupid, and it is Thangsgiving whilst I am trying to be nice for Jezzi.

Why is it that when I ask a question on a product forum about how to use a product, people 'answer' a different question that wasn't asked?
When I was at university in the 1960'a, essay exams were given and we students had to write our answers in Blue Books.These were paperback books about 7" x 9" and had 8 or 10 lined pages in them. The word in those days was that if you could not answer the question, write about something you know. It was a joke of course, but judging by your question, that concept lives on today.

I have explained this to you before, Rob. EVERYONE is impacted by that effect. The only varience is it occurs in the varied areas that we do not have the knowledge or experience to know what it is that we don't know. None of us have the capacity to know with certainty when it is that we have exceeded the limits of our understanding of a particular field or concept, as you have done here.

I would explain it to 'Slinger, but in the unlikely.chance he was able to grasp the concept or understand the true irony in his siggy, he might feel...well...stupid, and it is Thangsgiving whilst I am trying to be nice for Jezzi.

Lol...not bad query.

A big difference in you and I is that I realize there are things that I don't know and I'm fine with that. I don't try to be an expert on everything. I do have a lot of knowledge and I am really good at what I do. You however, pretend to be so snobby smart it's disgusting, all the while your VAST knowledge has done little more than make you a message board troll earning what, minimum wage or so?

You take yourself and your "superior intellect"..(lol)..... far too seriously. I've been around a lot of highly educated people, and they were some of the most ridiculously stupid people I've ever had to deal with. The utter lack of common sense among them was really astounding.

Perhaps a little less smugness and less pontificating along with some self reflection would do you some good. You're impressing no one by talking down to them.

Jus sayin.

I'd give anything to be smart and to be able to read or hear something and go, "Oh, okay, that's makes sense," instead of, "Huh?"

WHATS WITH THE SELF DEPRECATING SCHTICK YOU HAVE GOING ON? EVERY POST IS LIKE A CRY FOR HELP FUCK CHIN-UP AND QUIT BEING SO FRAGILE.

Because so many people have never learned to converse, and instead wait for the other person to finish speaking before launching their own little monologue. Listen out for the number of people whose only interest in your anecdote is to top it, for example, with a more extreme version.

When I first read Waiting for Godot, as a teenager, I saw the supposed absurdity of those non-conversational conversations immediately. Now, I think Beckett might be the only realist we have. Much of it reads like a transcription.

I wonder, too, if it depends on the product? On how invested people are?

I read Beckett in nursery school. In mandarin.

Lol...not bad query.

A big difference in you and I is that I realize there are things that I don't know and I'm fine with that. I don't try to be an expert on everything. I do have a lot of knowledge and I am really good at what I do. You however, pretend to be so snobby smart it's disgusting, all the while your VAST knowledge has done little more than make you a message board troll earning what, minimum wage or so?

You take yourself and your "superior intellect"..(lol)..... far too seriously. I've been around a lot of highly educated people, and they were some of the most ridiculously stupid people I've ever had to deal with. The utter lack of common sense among them was really astounding.

Perhaps a little less smugness and less pontificating along with some self reflection would do you some good. You're impressing no one by talking down to them.

Jus sayin.

If you are fine with not knowing a great many things how could you possibly know what I do or don't know?

Last edited:
I try to hide it but sometimes it just comes spilling out. :(

I'm not.

I mean, I'm pretty dumb. But fucking stupid? Naah.

But this is only the case among the children of Lake Wobegon. :rolleyes:

Back