How to set an avatar photo?

For some reason I can't seem to make any changes to my profile at all :( what's going on? Has anyone had a similar problem?

For some reason I can't seem to make any changes to my profile at all :( what's going on? Has anyone had a similar problem?
Post 99 more times. Then search this forum for "Avatar" to find any of the other thousand, or so, threads on uploading an avatar.

Dear blackemerald94, I'm feeling in a generous mood today - look at the top menu and click "Quick Links" ...see what jumps out for you. Ultimately you will be judged by your posts not the information you put in your profile
Unless your profile pic looks like...
best_guy_ever.jpg

So find an interest area and jump in and start posting.

Download the totally free program called GIMP (which is a lot like Photoshop, but free and a little simpler to use). Check out some of the tutorials (e.g. google 'resizing images GIMP tutorial') and play around with it. You don't have to learn to be a master image editor, but learning some basics will go a long way for you in producing the best images as quickly as possible. :)

THANK YOU SWEET ERICA. I'VE BEEN BEATING MY HEAD AGAINST MY KEYBOARD LOOKING FOR A WAY TO POST PIC ON LIT.
WARMIE'S,
KICKING IT

Click on User CP, on the left hand side of the line of links. Then look at the screen that it goes to and see if anything there is useful for what you need to do. If you looking for how to add an avatar, that item will not show up until you have made 100 post to the forums.

Click on User CP, on the left hand side of the line of links. Then look at the screen that it goes to and see if anything there is useful for what you need to do. If you looking for how to add an avatar, that item will not show up until you have made 100 post to the forums.

Thank you Zeb. Actually I'm looking at how to up load photos to lit

Thank you Zeb. Actually I'm looking at how to up load photos to lit

To "upload"/attach photos to a forum post...

scroll down to additional options below the reply section here in the forum reply to thread...

click the Manage Attachments button.

A dialog will popup so you can upload a photo from you computer.

Another way to place a picture in you post is to use the Image button at the top of the text box which you type in your reply. When the popup dialog appears, insert a URL where the picture resides.

Example:

image7751.jpg

This image resides on my web page.

attachment.php

This image resided on my computer, it is now an attachment to this thread.

Attachments

• 163774_1623455665154_6657522_n.jpg
    163774_1623455665154_6657522_n.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 166
100 posts?

I tried adding a picture in signature but I'm on my phone and don't have my busy pics in a web link?? Any suggestions for web links. I hAve photobucket... but am afraid its hooked up to my Facebook and don't want my twat to wind up there... hehe eh hh

Now that you have attached that image to a forum message, you can use it anywhere. Click on the link in the message and copy the URL in the address bar and paste it into your sig. using the image tags [ img ] url [ /img ] without all the spaces.

You maybe call on having an image that doesn't conform to the picture posting guidelines by some of the moderators if you use that picture.

Sorry if this has been covered; but I searched and can't figure out how to use a photo for an avatar. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for posting this! I was trying to figure out how to edit my profile for hours...in between times of enjoying the forums!
Cheers!
DeeAnna

Back