Saphhia

Ms
I notice that my avatar only shows up on my profile and posts within Literotica, not here in forums. Here I simply get a green circle with an S in it. If I try to change the avatar in forums, it sends my back to my options panel in my Literotica profile, where there's nothing pertaining to forums. How can I get my normal avatar to appear here in forums?
Saphhia

I have no clue. I changed mine, and it took at least 2-3 weeks, if not longer, before I noticed it changed. It still showed a circle with a C in the middle of it for the longest time. It does seem this site has issues with approving avatar pics in a timely manner

There is only one AV and it's common to the story and forum sides. Yours may be affected by the forum software change a year ago. Try uploading a new one to the story side profile, even if it's the same one showing there now. As noted, it may take a few days to be approved.

@Cuckwannabe111

Also and maybe :LOL:
Whatever is uploaded for an avatar is automatically renamed with member id number. No matter how many times you change your avatar it will always have the same filename. My avatar will always be named 326952.jpg

Uploaded images are "harvested" (this not a technical term) from the server then delivered back to the website from an external CDN (Content Delivery Network) image hosting. This helps website page load times and consistency around the globe. If the CDN does not see a filename change it won't know to update the avatar so it will take a while before the cache is cleared and new image replaced on the CDN.

I think the time periods of the "harvesting" / refreshing can be altered - I assume that will be set in preferences at the CDN. So nothing is actually broken - but the setting could probably be adjusted.

Last edited:
I notice that my avatar only shows up on my profile and posts within Literotica, not here in forums. Here I simply get a green circle with an S in it. If I try to change the avatar in forums, it sends my back to my options panel in my Literotica profile, where there's nothing pertaining to forums. How can I get my normal avatar to appear here in forums?
Saphhia
& @jaF0

With the previous forum platform it used to take 100 posts before you could have an avatar display - this still maybe in place.

"Avatar Info/How do I get an avatar?/Why can't I post an avatar/picture under my name?"
https://forum.literotica.com/threads/faqs-read-before-posting-help-questions.358426/#post-12649218

hmm - I miss SweetErika's presence around this place

Last edited:
I miss SweetErika, too. She was one of the first people here whom I really noticed and respected.

Back