Need help, longer story, editor requested

B

BoundariesBroken

Guest
I have a longer story published on this site that has a decent rating, (4.8 after 1000+ votes and 160k+ reads), and I have received a lot of affirmative feedback as well as some criticism that is well deserved. I have continuity issues, grammar issues, and some other glaring issues. And I love such feedback, I honestly want a better story and to be a better writer. So...

Looking for two things here. First, this story has a part II that I am working on now but I don't want to release part II until I have fixed part I and released an edited version to replace the current story. I have been doing my own edits and corrections on part I based on feedback and such, but I NEED an editor.

Second: I need and editor for part II as well, of course.

These stories are in english, are longer (90+ pages each in MS word format), involve religious themes at times and I want to focus on build up of erotic tension, not just a quick wham-bam style story. I'd love some help. I'm easy to work with, patient, VERY open to any feedback...

email-- No e-mail addresses allowed in posts ~ personal info prohibited per forum guidelines

or this site PM works. Thank you VERY much in advance.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd leave anything with a 4.8 rating alone and go on to the next one. Actually, I'd leave any story alone that's already sitting in the story file alone and go onto the next one unless you have to adjust the content of the first one to accommodate the next in the series (in which case I wouldn't do that anymore either. I wouldn't start submitting the series to Lit. until the whole series was written).
 
Well, in this case the 4.8 story still needs some help, as the part two is so very dependent on part one that I can't fathom people going back to read one with the continuity errors therein. The changes will be fairly minimal in scope, but significant in meaning and readability.

Regardless, I still need a good editor for part II. Still looking. :)
 
one more try

Trying to bump it up a bit, try and get a few more eyes on this. Genuinely interested in an editor, so hard to find it would seem.
 
I was about to volunteer to help you, but 200 pages is like, er, maybe two months. Unless there is very little work to do, that is a lot. I myself have a 350+ page novel to edit and I cannot get a single volunteer or even for money (I am poor). How about you send me a sample and we see how that goes, maybe a chapter or two?
 
200pgs?

Well, it's not that long. 96 in Word, right now, with big type and spaced graciously. :)

Wanna trade? edit for edit?
 
I can edit some of it, say 5-10 pages to see if my editing skills can help. If I'm on the right track I can edit some more.
 
I can Edit

Am an editor contact me and we can discuss. my details are available on the volunteer editor list.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top