The Chinal Pearl Inn part 8

I am sensitive to a lot of sounds but when I am trying to sleep ANY noise is disruptive. But then, I sleep better once the sun is up anyway. I can sleep through daytime noises for some reason. I quit going to the movies decades ago because I couldn't hear the dialog through the movie goers talking and then they started turning up the sound and I couldn't handle the volume.

I feel I should defend crickets...You have moved into their domain; What is it you say? "A cabin in the pines?" The little chaps are just trying to make you welcome, surely.

Surely in all the thousands of acres of land that surrounds me, it could move out from my porch. It is several steps above ground, enclosed by wood and screens, I don't see why it has to figure out how to get on the porch just to irritate me.

A couple of things here remind me of episodes of that oldish comedy, Frasier.The one where his father managed to bring a cricket home froma hunting trip and they got a gecko to eat it.

The other day when Shiva was doing a pirate impression here I remember Niles in the show getting a parrot stuck on his head. It always makes me smile.

So there we are. All you need is a Gecko.

I have a lizard and lots of birds. I think geckos are more Uggg's environment. Crickets don't live very long, so hopefully, if the bird that flies onto the porch doesn't get it, old age will. Until then, I will be here at this time of night.

What is your movie about?

It's called Tully, US one. "A tale of modern motherhood," so the blurb says. Supposed to be quite funny.

Modern motherhood? Well that could be funny. Not something I ever tried, but I sure have seen a lot of mothers do a lot of funny things. LOL

I quite like good films. Luckily at the moment I'm near a place that's more art-house and shows a variety of films not just the box office certainties. Do you get to see any out there in the countryside?

I was going to say that of course there are theaters here, then I thought about and I don't remember seeing any. So I checked online, and yes, there is a theater here and a big complex in the next town over. Most of the major commercial shops, restaurants sports stuff is in the next town over which borders this one. I am on the far west side of town, most of the places to go spend money are on the east side. Unless you want survival stuff or guns. There are a few places for that around here. LOL

Finally have good internet and I can post that nude magenta painting of Chris that LS wanted:

r471786_2363336.jpg

PS.. Typing 'bald pussy' into google images does not bring up the pictures you are expecting.:eek:

:D

Uggg:rose:

this just made me laugh harder than maybe it should have done...

Sorry Chris :D

*Jumps onto Comfy chair in the sunbeam with the teapot*

aft'noon all

Good grief, you are louder than the cricket. I was sitting here wondering how many bullets it would take me to hit the cricket, but maybe I should shoot you and put you out of your misery. I could probably hit you. :devil::D

Good grief, you are louder than the cricket. I was sitting here wondering how many bullets it would take me to hit the cricket, but maybe I should shoot you and put you out of your misery. I could probably hit you. :devil::D

More wailing. Woe is me. SOB SOB SOB.

It's just not right, I tell you. The cruelty. Sobs.

Doesn't look to be your day buddy ;)

just a fleeting visit from me today, got to go make loud noises for people.

see you all later :D

*waves and shuffles off*

LOL One time I was driving with my mother and we stopped for the night at a motel. She snored so bad, I went outside and slept in the car.

Back