Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or horseradish. Nothing clears out the sinuses quite like enough horesradish.

Why is it so hard to get decent horseradish? I mean, the plant is basically a weed. It is naturally hot. Yet the supermarket versions all seem to be best suited as an ice cream topping. Even the stuff I bought at the Farmers market was wimpy. The best I have found lately is an eye-wateringly hot horseradish mayonnaise, but who needs the extra calories?

-I didn't win the 540-million dollar Mega Millions. Fuck.

I read somewhere about the last time a local lottery got big. The writer was in a line to buy his ticket on a $60 million prize. The guy in front if him said "I really need this money."

Uh, yeah.
 
They are not common.
There are floor-standing units which can cool the air, but it's a tricky distinction.
According to E-bay, they are about $120

The floor standing ones usually take twice as much energy to cool the same amount. Check their customer rates before considering. Window units tend to be more economical
 
I'm re-reading Crichton...




State of Fear


220px-MichaelCrighton_StateOfFear.jpg



(and don't forget to read the two Appendices and the bibliography)

 
The floor standing ones usually take twice as much energy to cool the same amount. Check their customer rates before considering. Window units tend to be more economical

We don't have those kind of windows, let alone A/C units to fit them.
:rose:
 
Ugh! I have the house to myself for three whole days while the rest of the family is out of town. I could not ask for a better time to get lots of writing done. I have three different stories in progress, but I've been sitting here at the keyboard for hours and... nothing. Why won't the words come?!?
 
Ugh! I have the house to myself for three whole days while the rest of the family is out of town. I could not ask for a better time to get lots of writing done. I have three different stories in progress, but I've been sitting here at the keyboard for hours and... nothing. Why won't the words come?!?

Agreed to an extent!!! I cant finish three stories but I wrote 5,000 words on a new one as fast I could type it!!! Damn my attention-deficit disorder!!!
 
Agreed to an extent!!! I cant finish three stories but I wrote 5,000 words on a new one as fast I could type it!!! Damn my attention-deficit disorder!!!

Was your new story a tale of a young man who couldn't keep his attention fixed on any one woman long enough to seduce her?
 
Was your new story a tale of a young man who couldn't keep his attention fixed on any one woman long enough to seduce her?

Haha Tio,

No, it wasn't but I just get ideas and I try to get them down on virtual paper so I can go back later. My problem is I have ideas far too often. I need a scribe, or two, perhaps!!!
 
I am officially looking for a larger apartment. I need one more room for all of my stuff.
 
It being a Saturday, I usually spend my time round the village taking pictures and doing my shopping. Today, however has been screwed up, royally, by an absent Gas boiler fixer-upper, who , I was told would be here "between 8am and 1pm".

At half past twelve, I got a phone call from some wazock telling me that he was running late. It's nine pm now and he still hasn't made it. Whilst I hope that he has not had some ghastly accident, I do wonder why he (or she, for that matter) could not have called me and told me what's going on..

Coffee; I need more coffee .
 
Wrote today. Added 8000 words across four stories. Still adrift on the Sea of Incompleteness. Trying to re-rig the sails with available materials. Hoping for favorable results.
 
Five years on, this thread is finally approaching 5k posts, and a restart. Everyone make sure you have a moving buddy :)
 
Thankfully my load is light. Hand is raised for any anchors that anyone may need moved.
 
I find it interesting that in art, red is the hottest color, while in physics it's the coolest. With paint and other forms of subtractive color models, combining all the colors makes black. With light and other additive color models, all colors come together to make white. And technically, when a dye or pigment is in the dark, it doesn't have a color, which requires light (just like technically, that tree in the woods with nothing to receive sound waves doesn't make a sound).
 
I wanted the job I've got, now I don't like it.
I didn't want the job I interviewed for. Now I'm hoping they call.
No news is good news? Not calling at least isn't, Thanks for your interest, we're going with another candidate. Right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top