The Admiral

TheGrind

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Posts
872
Putting one in felt just as good as keeping one out. It was the reason he stood alone at one end of the ice for half the game; more if it were going well, less if it were a night like tonight. The puck was like a magnet to the back of the net. Whether it was the defensive play, the pressure, or the ice, his pads grew heavier with every passing minute. Dreams of starting in the AHL seemed bleak after the first game, forget advancing to the national stage. At least it was over. His first start for the Admirals was done, put away but not forgotten like the 'Giroux' jersey hanging in his locker.

Gabriel was sore. The soreness in his muscles thumped against his skin. It was just another after effect of the game. But the screaming sour feeling in his stomach was new. Never had he given up five in a night, and never in front of so many. He should've been pulled off the ice even if the emergency third goalie had to be called up, a defenseman in pads. There should've been pride in finishing the game but how could anyone feel good about what had happened.

He didn't want to see anyone tonight. The team seemed to understand this and didn't say much, although no one had reason to say anything in a 5-0 loss.

As he drove home in his street clothes the disaster of the night played in his mind like a highlight reel without an end. Gabriel's girlfriend, who had probably waited for him after the game, was ignored. He didn't even try to see her. All he wanted to do was get on the road, go home and forget the night.

Headlights beamed across his face until he made it home. It was a small rented house he shared, made smaller by the heels in the doorway. But at least she wasn't home yet. Kicking off his shoes he walked into the livingroom, flipping the television on to have something drown out his thoughts. He was tired of reliving the same scene. As he took off his coat he opened the closet door, reaching for a hanger. Placing his coat in the closet he heard the front door open. Reality had returned.
 
Tiffany was a fighter and a strong willed woman thou she also liked men that could control her she was a handful to take and that she had found in Gabriel. He had a temper just like she did the only ting different was that he could still handle her and she couldnt him but she didnt care she knew he would never really hurt him.

She was at his game she wanted to surprise him afterwards thou seeing how the lost and his face before they left the ice she knew it wasnt going to happen she might be lucky to get outside fast enough to his car before he drives home. She got outside and saw his trunk leave she knew it he wasnt in a good mood or he would have stayed a bit for the fans.

A other player of his team saw her and stoped.

"Hey Tiff want me to drive you home....I believe he didnt see you did he even know you where here?!"

Tiffany walked over tot he car and leaned in the window nodding and then open the door and sat inside.


" No he didnt know I was here I wanted to surprise him but I guess that was one for the cat...."

She laughed some thou in thoughts worried a bit hoping he was in that state of mind that he wanted to be alone and not where he wanted to see her and then notice she isnt home but that she couldnt change at this moment.

"Oh and by the way thank you for driving me home you didnt have to you know I could have walked or called a friend...."

He smiled and nodded as if saying yeah yeah. They pulled up to her house and she got out thanking him once more and walked to the front door waving bye as she opened the door. She walked in after he drove away and knew he would probly be in his chair looking at the tv or laying in bed wanting this day to be over.

She didnt say a thing and just went into the kitchen looking int he fridge to see what she could eat Gabriel would probly not want anything therefore she wouldnt even ask if he was hungery then he would say somthing. She then made herself a sandwich and went intot he living room where he was sitting and sat on the couch.

She wore really short jeans shorts and a white top where her pink bra could be seen threw ever so lightly her flip flops she had taken off by the door and her long brown curly hair she had put up in a pony tail so she could eat her sandwich without having hair problems.

She sat there didnt look at him and said nothing as her eyes just watched what he was watching wondering how he would react to her ignoring him or if it was what he had wanted her to do cause he was doing it to.
 
Gabriel ignored the door. Death itself could've walked through and it wouldn't have made a difference. The defeat and anger buried in his stomach stirred to keep his anxiety high as his thoughts fumbled through what he remembered of the night. It was such a fucking mess. Nightmares weren't as scary.

By the time Tiffany had walked into the room he had already sat down. There would be enough pacing to do later in the night and he had to find a way to keep calm. Aimlessly flipping through the channels wasn't doing it, booze wouldn't be enough but taking some of that anger out on her might make things a little more interesting. At least it would take his mind off of tonight. Eventually he settled on a random documentary on marsh birds in Peru. It was more honest than the news but everyone, even these boring documentaries had an angle. Probably a ridiculous environmental warning at the end about the drying environment and how the end was nigh. It was tough to get away from everyone's individual doomsday clock. His rang red with every goal. And some flapping bird on a screen wasn't going to distract him.

Letting the remote rest on the table next to him Gabriel crossed his arms, staring at the screen. God, it was boring. His attention was only momentarily broken when she walked by to reach the couch. She looked good. She always did. But it was normal so his attention didn't linger.

As the monotone narrator rambled on about habitats, living conditions and egg stealing Gabriel spoke to Tiffany without averting his eyes from the screen, “So where did you run off to tonight?”
 
Tiffany looked at what he was watching and raised a eye brow while eating her sandwich leaning back on the couch she thought about asking how he was feeling thou she knew just the way he was feeling in the way he sat there and searched for somthing in TV that wouldnt remind him of the game.

Gabriel spoke it almost made her want to do so as if it were his first words thou she knew the more she was fiesty the more she would get it later. she sighed some as his question came she looked back over to him looking at him and then back at the tv before she answered.

"Well if you really want to know I was out...and thought ohhh... maybe I could surprise Gabriel and came to the Game and waited after the game and since you just left I stood there and Jack saw me and asked if I needed a ride and drove me home....is that what you wanted to know or if I was doing somthing I shouldnt be doing?!"

She said with a slight laugh in her voice as if saying it was his fault why he was home first and she was there waiting for him like he wanted it to be.
 
Gabriel looked over as she responded, “That's no problem. I'm sure you thanked him in your usual way.” Turning off the television he began to stand, “Anyway, I didn't tell you to come out tonight. You should've stayed home.”

It seemed like she wanted to go twelve rounds and while he wasn't used to used to fighting, Gabriel wasn't afraid to thrown down. When it came down to it she wasn't going to be able to stand up against him. And that's something he knew. His confidence of handling her would not break.

Maybe he was going to have that drink. Leaving the room behind him Gabriel walked into the kitchen, taking down a glass. Opening the freezer door he pulled out a bottle of one-hundred proof, pouring it into the glass until it was a third full. It'd be enough to take off the edge Tiffany was applying. But if she wanted to push him further she was going to find herself standing in front of a wall.

Screwing the cap on the bottle he put it back in the freezer. Feeling the glass beginning to chill from the cold liquor he smelled the fumes before taking his first drink. In the silence he leaned against the counter, looking outside into the night through a closed window.
 
She gasped at what he said and watched him walk to kitchen knowing what he was doing. She had no real Chance to fight against him she knew that but she also knew he would never trully hurt her.

Her Anger got her more this time ussually she could hold herself from doing somthing stupid but this time she was just not able to. She got up and walked into the kitchen leaning against the door Frame as she had taken a pillow from the couch with her and threw it at him.

"Hey you know I am yours and only yours I dont go whoring around and if you dont believe me then I guess you have a bigger Problem..."

She knew she would get it but maybe it was just that what he needed. She then croseed her arms watching his reaction thou seeing him turn slowly to her she knew now she over did it. She started to walk backwards in to the living room again her eyes on him watching what he was doing. If he was to move faster she would run for the bedroom or bathroom knowing only a door maybe would save her from his Anger for the first few mins untill the lust and Passion kicked in.
 
Last edited:
Leave it to her to follow him around like a lost puppy. As he saw her entering the room with a pillow he set his glass on the counter. Throwing the pillow at him he caught in the air then let it fall to the floor. She had his attention but she wasn't going to hold it for long.

Tiffany was professing her innocence but Gabriel didn't care. He was beyond this goading tonight. He'd let her retreat into the living room as he picked up the glass and drank what was left. Putting the glass in the sink he walked around the pillow and toward the closet where just a few minutes ago he had put his coat. Pulling it off the hanger he slipped his arms into the sleeves and zipped it up.

As he pulled the keys from his pants pocket he looked toward Tiffany, speaking as he thumbed through to find the right key, “I'll be back later.”

Gabriel left the room again and went into the kitchen where he shoved on his shoes, quickly tying them tight before he left. He wasn't interested in dealing with her attitude tonight. Climbing back into his truck he pulled out of the driveway. Maybe he'd go to a bar. And if they had a game on tonight at least there'd be an empty pool table.
 
Tiffany couldnt believe this as she watched him get his jacket on and telling her he would be back later. Great she thought everything is her fault now.

She let him leave and watched him drive off before sitting back down on the couch taking deep breaths to keep from crying. She always had a mouth on her and knew some people cant handle what she says and if she had pushed him so far that he couldnt either then he must be feeling awful and now she was feeling awful for not seeing that and holding herself back some.

She washed the dishes she had used and his glass before she walked back to the window to see if he was coming back. Seeing he wasnt she sat down in his chair and took her cell phone to call some friends up to see if he was there to make sure he is ok . After some time watching TV she fell asleep laying half on the chair, she had put a tier on the TV so it would turn off after some time by itself. The TV was off and she had pulled a blanket over herself which was falling slightly off of her as she laid there waiting for him to come home so she could tell him she was sorry.
 
Gabriel left his troubles behind. After a long 15 minute drive he pulled into a small parking lot near a building hoisting up a generic “Bar” sign to attract the experimental or lost out of towners. There were a few people he knew and a few players but everyone seemed to be keeping to themselves while a terrible country knock off cover by Rebel Grace played over the speakers of the house. It was perfect for the night.

At a table near the window he sat by himself, looking up toward a muted television with a Budweiser neon sign on his right. It was better than a nature documentary and definitely better than listening to his girlfriend bitch at him all night.

After a pair of longnecks helped to cool his mood, Gabriel laid down a little tip money and pulled away from his chair. The return drive home took 25 minutes. For some reason the pedal hit resistance on the way back that he hadn't run into before. Gabriel accepted the silence. After all the flashing lights, the screaming fans, the marsh birds and bad cover band recordings, this was a change of pace. It was so rare to find that silence. But for twenty five minutes he had it.

Pulling back into the driveway he returned where he'd been just over an hour ago. Normally he wouldn't have left. Normally he would've put her down and held her there. Those lessons never seemed to sink in. The repetition of acting badly just to be punished were wearing on him. The punishments had become pointless and seemed to only encourage bad behavior. He either had to make the punishments real or stop handing them out altogether.

Gabriel reentered his home, tossing the keys on the counter as he shut the door behind him. The place was even more quiet than the road. And a little more clean. Just barely. Coming into the living room he saw her lying on the chair but he wasn't willing to wake her up. He'd allow her to lie there in her sleep if she hadn't already been startled.
 
She was sleeping as she heard a car drive up the driveway she didnt move really she knew if it was him he would come inside and if it was someone else they would ring. she looked at the clock to see what time it was and how long he was gone before taking a deep breath to listen who it was.

She stayed laying there on his chair as she heard the door open and he walked in she took a deep breath of relief that he was well and had not done anything stupid or atleast she hoped it was so when he walked in the living room she opened her eyes and yawned looking at him.

she knew it was a bit of her fault why he had to leave earlier she was pretty grumpy at him but he didnt have the right to do as if she was sleeping with everyone and he knew she wasnt. She loved him and only him thou sometimes she could ripe off his head thou she knew he probly had the same thinking as she did.


She stood up folding the blanket and laying it on the couch and then put the controler back on his little table walked over to him cupping one cheek and kissing his other cheek. She waited a few seconds and then turned to go to the bed room whispering

"Good night "

Saying nothing more then that not in the mood to argue with him and to tired as well.
 
Gabriel hadn't expected Tiffany to wake up and offer some affection after he returned home. What had happened still bothered him and she was acting as though nothing had happened. He watched her as she folded the blanket and move the controller onto the table. It wasn't until she began moving toward the bedroom that he reached out, grabbing her wrist.

He held her still for a moment, the grip strong yet not so tight that it would hurt her. It was just enough to restrain and to give her pause. Without a word Gabriel moved in, kissing her full on the mouth. The passion and anger he held inside through the night went through his lips unfiltered as he pressed her back against the nearby wall. As he held the kiss his other hand found her free wrist, clutching that one as well. Then with little effort he pasted her arms to the wall as his body came close, his chest against hers.

Breaking the kiss Gabriel whispered into her ear, “If you ever throw anything again whether its a pillow or a tantrum, I will toss you out of this house. Tonight I'll only throw you out of the bedroom.” Releasing her wrists from his control he walked down the hallway, letting the walls carry his words, “Have a good night.”
 
Tiffany didn’t move or say a thing as she felt his hand grab her wrist. When he then kissed her deeply and hard she kissed back and a breath was knocked from her slightly as she felt him press her against the wall. Her other hand went to his chest but before she could touch him his other hand pinned that wrist to the wall as well.

Her breathing got quick and her heart started to race as he broke the kiss she wanted to smile and look him in his eyes as she then heard his low rough voice whisper. She then saw he let her go and head for the bedroom she wanted to throw another pillow at him but was to scared that he might make his threat real and throw her out. She didn’t want that and when he said good night she also wanted to yell after him asshole but didn’t.

She then grabbed a pillow from the couch and the blanket again as she looked down the hall way again as if maybe he would joke and then call her to him in bed. But when that didn’t happen she turned and laid on the couch. Laying thre she stared at the ceiling as she whispered to herself quiet enough so he wouldn’t hear her all the way back in the bedroom.
 
Gabriel hadn't expected her to follow him this time. If she had then he would have thrown her out of the house without a second thought. In time she would have been allowed to return but a few mountains would have had to have been moved to make it happen.

Flipping on the light he walked toward the dresser where he picked up the alarm and set it to blare for Five A.M. Then taking a moment, deciding to change it to 5:15. He glared at the subdued blue numbers on the clock as he turned off the lights, shading the top of the dresser in its blue hue.

Pulling off his clothes, Gabriel tossed them on a chair facing away from the corner. The air was cool enough that it was possible to sleep with nothing but a sheet which was perfect for him. Sleeping without something draped over him was nearly impossible. With the help of the limited alcohol he laid down, the coolness of the pillow helping sleep to take him after thirty minutes ticked by.
 
Tiffany couldn’t sleep, how was she going to prove to him that she loved him and only him and would never cheat on him and Never with someone on his team. She laid there and thought she couldn’t think of way that wouldn’t upset him or let him see just a excuse.

She got up and walked to the bathroom and the way to the bathroom she looked quietly in the bedroom to see if he was sleeping already she needed something to slip into for the night but knew if she walked in the bedroom now he might wake again and throw her out so she decided not to get anything and would just sleep in her bra and panties. She then went into the bathroom and decided so she might be able to fall asleep she would take a shower.

She slipped out of her things and turned on the shower and waited for it to turn hot. She slipped in the shower and stood there letting the hot water pearl down her body. Her head leaned against the wall and rested there as she enjoyed the water and thought about Gabriel and wondered if she had ever given him a reason to be jealous or that she would ever really cheat on him.

Her eyes were closed as she hoped the shower wouldn’t wake him she wouldn’t shower long but she knew she needed this to relax as she had hoped to relax otherwise but knew the day for him went absolutely not like he had planned it to go and knew he needed his space and time then he would be back to his old self.
 
Back
Top