What do you think about Baby, It's Cold Outside?

JeriAnne_Bobcat57

Experienced
Fellow lit readers

There has been so much on the news lately about "Baby, it's Cold Outside" that I wondering what others REALLY think on the subject. Is it really the Christmas Rape Song? Do you think that the time it was written should be considered? Is the girl a victim of her times, and is trapped in a moral dilemma of her times? By that I mean, she's like to spend the night with him, but is afraid of what others will think/say?

This is Literotica; I expect some liberal responses, but don't hold back. Tell us all how you feel about this!

Thanks, and Happy Holidays. And where I live, it is cold outside!

No, it has nothing to do with rape. In a simpler time, men and women could flirt and tease.

I'm not the girl to comment on this. When I was in college I used to dress hot and go drinking at the I Felta Thigh house. Sure enough, what any girl with two IQ points to rub together would expect to happen happened. I'm not even that hott, but I know that sexual assault is the most sincere flattery.

Love,

Jamie

Last edited:
Fellow lit readers

There has been so much on the news lately about "Baby, it's Cold Outside" that I wondering what others REALLY think on the subject. Is it really the Christmas Rape Song? Do you think that the time it was written should be considered? Is the girl a victim of her times, and is trapped in a moral dilemma of her times? By that I mean, she's like to spend the night with him, but is afraid of what others will think/say?

This is Literotica; I expect some liberal responses, but don't hold back. Tell us all how you feel about this!

Jerri Anne. At first I did not understand at all, what you meant with your initial post. But then I started updating myself on one of the silliest debates ever, which had raged in the prudish US of A for a while now, apparently. But what do you expect for a country, where the #MeToo movement has been such a hit already.

And I almost pissed in my pants laughing, about what concerns some Americans apparently. As if you had no other problems to solve than this!

OK, here is a half-ways sexy version of the song (not the wholesome crap Doris Day was singing Long ago), followed by two (politically) corrected versions also, "meeToo compatible" so to speak, for y'alls perusal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7bPhZEDVns Tom Jones version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IzQsFimUp0 a politically corrected updated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWAhQeoJkM another corrected version

The song was kinda creepy decades ago, but since it fills a perceived need for a sexually suggestive duet for the annual Christmas show's program it'll never really go away. A rewritten version could probably work "Baby, It's Cold Outside (Also, Please Provide Affirmative Consent Before Sexy Times)"

"I really can't stay..."
"Baby, it's cold outside; just a weather warning, not an attempt to coerce you into sex."
"I gotta go away..."
"That's fine, your call. Should I call you an Uber?"
"This evening has been..."
"Seriously, your safety and sense of personal agency are important to me."
"...So very nice."
"My mother will start to worry."
"Of course. As she should! Again, sorry for not rhyming. I'm jus concerned about you."
"My father will be pacing the floor."
"Good point. I'm going to stand over on the other side of the room if that's cool with you."

Again, I'm not making fun of concerns about the song. I agree that the song is creepy. Someone needs to write a better Christmas-themed duet.

I’m told this song is a classic? I’ve honestly never heard it before in my life

I’m told this song is a classic? I’ve honestly never heard it before in my life

My kudos to you; that is a great line of yours, claiming ignorance of a particular subject.
And then combining this with a username like yours, and a couple of eye-catching horny pictures, which have absolutely nothing to do with the subject under discisssion:

That ought to do it every time, I figure.

Just imagine, there must be countless of other subjects you are ignorant of as well, so you can append a post like this one to lots and lots of threads if yoo like. Just imagine the seemingly endless potential for you here on Lit, for barging into conversations you do not understand.

My kudos to you; that is a great line of yours, claiming ignorance of a particular subject.
And then combining this with a username like yours, and a couple of eye-catching horny pictures, which have absolutely nothing to do with the subject under discisssion:

Just imagine, there must be countless of other subjects you are ignorant of as well, so you can append a post like this one to lots and lots of threads if yoo like. Just imagine the seemingly endless potential for you here on Lit, for barging into conversations you do not understand.

Actually, it is interesting that he has never heard of it before since it technically is a classic Christmas song and he is somebody who most likely would have heard it at some point in his lifetime. So, for him to bring it up in this situation isn't really all that unusual nor absurd. What is absurd, however, is some asshole busting a nut because they find it reasonable to bitch him out about something that isn't that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Hahaha! So easily triggered for no reason whatsoever!

I must have really touched some nerve to illicit such a rambling, nonsense response. Trigger away, sir! I couldn’t care less about your lunacy.

Awesome you noticed the SIGNATURE gifs! They’re quite popular and I get compliments on using them all the time! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Actually, it is interesting that he has never heard of it before since it technically is a classic Christmas song and he is somebody who most likely would have heard it at some point in his lifetime. So, for him to bring it up in this situation isn't really all that unusual nor absurd. What is, absurd, however, is some asshole busting a nut because they find it reasonable to bitch him out about something that isn't that big of a deal.

Indeed!

Never much cared for the song. The male protagonist tries every game of coercion within the song to get the woman to stay over for the evening. It illustrates the expectation that it was OK for men to be sexually aggressive even if a woman resists, and paints an expectation that women are to give in. Someone described it as creepy. I would say sinister.

OMG !!!
Its about a couple who are flirting and enjoying the interchange
between a man and a woman!
Anyone who finds it offensive needs to chill out and just enjoy it!
You PC people are sad!

Want to get upset?
Listen to some rap and then get back to me :confused:

[/B]
Fellow lit readers

OMG !!!
Its about a couple who are flirting and enjoying the interchange
between a man and a woman!
Anyone who finds it offensive needs to chill out and just enjoy it!
You PC people are sad!

Want to get upset?
Listen to some rap and then get back to me :confused:

[/B]

Is it "PC" to wonder, after all this time, if the song is a little creepy? I don't think so.

I think people are listening to it differently now that time has passed and the culture has grown up (ever so slightly). If people are learning from the past and trying to evolve the culture and be a little more inclusive, I don't see that as such an awful thing. Naturally, some people will, and that's their right.

Is it "PC" to wonder, after all this time, if the song is a little creepy? I don't think so.

I think people are listening to it differently now that time has passed and the culture has grown up (ever so slightly). If people are learning from the past and trying to evolve the culture and be a little more inclusive, I don't see that as such an awful thing. Naturally, some people will, and that's their right.

It is too "PC" to wonder, after all this time, if the song is a little creepy when there are gangster rap songs about murder, fucking hoes, rape, leaving bodies in ditches, etc.

Because it's about perspective.

Is the song "creepy"? Who cares when there's a song by Eminem dedicated to abusing his ex wife.... not to mention the child in the song!

If this were a topic of discussion among a group of people, sure you could easily say it's creepy. But when it's making national news and radio stations are refusing to play it, then it becomes a huge problem.

What about other forms of media? When are you going to say that Chucky is creepy? When are you going to say that certain scenes in movies are creepy?

What's the end game here? Because the result is censorship. Do you really want censorship? Because that's a very very slippery and dangerous slope you're creating.

It’s a jab at a traditional Christmas song. If there is really a concern, misogynistic rap music would be up for discussion.

It is too "PC" to wonder, after all this time, if the song is a little creepy when there are gangster rap songs about murder, fucking hoes, rape, leaving bodies in ditches, etc.

Because it's about perspective.

Is the song "creepy"? Who cares when there's a song by Eminem dedicated to abusing his ex wife.... not to mention the child in the song!

If this were a topic of discussion among a group of people, sure you could easily say it's creepy. But when it's making national news and radio stations are refusing to play it, then it becomes a huge problem.

What about other forms of media? When are you going to say that Chucky is creepy? When are you going to say that certain scenes in movies are creepy?

What's the end game here? Because the result is censorship. Do you really want censorship? Because that's a very very slippery and dangerous slope you're creating.

And yet, when asking if a thing can be described with a particular adjective, is it somehow not an apt adjective if other things can be similarly described? This "what about X?" line of argument is pretty nonsensical and doesn't address the question at hand.

Am I required to decry all the items on that list to raise an eyebrow at that song? That seems like a strange and somewhat artificial framework for a discussion.

How is the song being censored? Can you not buy it? Can you not listen to it? Some radio station decides not to play it and people use words like "censorship." That also makes no sense. Real censorship is a very dangerous thing, I think we'd agree, but that's not what this is. It doesn't take much to follow that logic to a very bizarre endpoint.

And yet, when asking if a thing can be described with a particular adjective, is it somehow not an apt adjective if other things can be similarly described? This "what about X?" line of argument is pretty nonsensical and doesn't address the question at hand.

Am I required to decry all the items on that list to raise an eyebrow at that song? That seems like a strange and somewhat artificial framework for a discussion.

How is the song being censored? Can you not buy it? Can you not listen to it? Some radio station decides not to play it and people use words like "censorship." That also makes no sense. Real censorship is a very dangerous thing, I think we'd agree, but that's not what this is. It doesn't take much to follow that logic to a very bizarre endpoint.

You sure aren't required to decry all the items on that list to raise an eyebrow at that song. You can be as PC as you want to be, my dude.

(And before you say it, no no.... of course, you're not my dude.)

A radio station refusing to play a song is a form of censorship. People declaring that the song is "creepy" to the point where it places a fear factor on other radio stations causes more censorship because they will hesitate to play it. When it's on the front page of Yahoo!News, it's a problem.

Censorship doesn't come in one easily identified form. This isn't Communist Russia. Censorship is subtle and ever evolving. Today, we have the discussion whether the song is creepy. Tomorrow, we don't hear it on one radio station. Next year, we don't hear it on any. The year after that, the people who do like the song are scared to say they like it because the vast majority of people are declaring it "creepy."

That's how this PC culture is just fucking annoying. I'm not going to say "OMG IT'S RUINING AMERICA" but I will say it's fucking annoying.

But hey, my dude, if you want to be fucking annoying, be the best "fucking annoying," opinionated guy out there! I'm rooting for ya!

You sure aren't required to decry all the items on that list to raise an eyebrow at that song. You can be as PC as you want to be, my dude.

(And before you say it, no no.... of course, you're not my dude.)

A radio station refusing to play a song is a form of censorship. People declaring that the song is "creepy" to the point where it places a fear factor on other radio stations causes more censorship because they will hesitate to play it. When it's on the front page of Yahoo!News, it's a problem.

Censorship doesn't come in one easily identified form. This isn't Communist Russia. Censorship is subtle and ever evolving. Today, we have the discussion whether the song is creepy. Tomorrow, we don't hear it on one radio station. Next year, we don't hear it on any. The year after that, the people who do like the song are scared to say they like it because the vast majority of people are declaring it "creepy."

That's how this PC culture is just fucking annoying. I'm not going to say "OMG IT'S RUINING AMERICA" but I will say it's fucking annoying.

But hey, my dude, if you want to be fucking annoying, be the best "fucking annoying," opinionated guy out there! I'm rooting for ya!

I don't think it's a problem. A lot of people don't. If you can find a case where someone was prevented from playing the song or purchasing it, let me know. I'd be curious about that.

I don't think it's a problem. A lot of people don't. If you can find a case where someone was prevented from playing the song or purchasing it, let me know. I'd be curious about that.

To be quite frankly honest, you'd probably know long before I did. And that's the problem.

When I say, "I don't give a shit about that song being creepy" I'm literally meaning that I do not give two shits about that song.

The only reason I even know it's a hot topic is because it was on the front page of Yahoo!News and now it's being discussed here.

If I never heard that song again, I wouldn't even notice. I wouldn't care. I wouldn't even have a clue it happened.... unless somebody who was so PC were to pick up the Javelin and tell me that the song was creepy.

Because when somebody, like you, raises an eyebrow.... it's not an inward reflection on if the song is creepy. What you are really saying with the phrase "raise an eyebrow" is that you're going to tell somebody, anybody, for the sake of telling them. That's the problem.

So, in the end, I would wager that you'd be the one telling me it was banned and then I'd REALLY be concerned.

BTW, I looked at your profile. You have a song title in your profile. I read the lyrics on Google. I find it a tad ironic that you have it on your profile when the lyrics literally state making love while being drunk. And that's the creepy part of Baby It's Cold Outside, right? So, don't you find that to be a tad weird that you would listen to something about sex while being intoxicated?

To be quite frankly honest, you'd probably know long before I did. And that's the problem.

When I say, "I don't give a shit about that song being creepy" I'm literally meaning that I do not give two shits about that song.

The only reason I even know it's a hot topic is because it was on the front page of Yahoo!News and now it's being discussed here.

If I never heard that song again, I wouldn't even notice. I wouldn't care. I wouldn't even have a clue it happened.... unless somebody who was so PC were to pick up the Javelin and tell me that the song was creepy.

Because when somebody, like you, raises an eyebrow.... it's not an inward reflection on if the song is creepy. What you are really saying with the phrase "raise an eyebrow" is that you're going to tell somebody, anybody, for the sake of telling them. That's the problem.

So, in the end, I would wager that you'd be the one telling me it was banned and then I'd REALLY be concerned.

BTW, I looked at your profile. You have a song title in your profile. I read the lyrics on Google. I find it a tad ironic that you have it on your profile when the lyrics literally state making love while being drunk. And that's the creepy part of Baby It's Cold Outside, right? So, don't you find that to be a tad weird that you would listen to something about sex while being intoxicated?

It's not that you don't give a shit about the song being creepy. You very much give a shit about other people finding it creepy. That seems odd.

It's not that you don't give a shit about the song being creepy. You very much give a shit about other people finding it creepy. That seems odd.

Yes, because it causes censorship. How many times do I have to say it?

And dude, your song in your profile? Did you skip that? You know, the creepy ass song in your profile called "Let's Make Love and Listen to Death"? With these lyrics:

They were my secret evening plans
Wine, then bed, then more, then again
Wine, then bad, then more, then again
Run run run, to make your heart shake
Kiss kiss kiss, will make this earth quake
I'm gonna get what I'm willin to take

Am I correct in saying that it's hypocritical that you say Baby It's Cold Outside is creepy while loving THIS SONG so much so that you put it in your profile?

Yes, because it causes censorship. How many times do I have to say it?

And dude, your song in your profile? Did you skip that? You know, the creepy ass song in your profile called "Let's Make Love and Listen to Death"? With these lyrics:

Am I correct in saying that it's hypocritical that you say Baby It's Cold Outside is creepy while loving THIS SONG in your profile?

And yet the song is still available, still listened to, still played. If it's being censored, someone is doing a lousy job. You may be stretching the definition of censorship to fit here. What other term would be more appropriate?

Back