Do you believe Trump's approval is only 37%

renard_ruse

Break up Amazon
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Posts
16,094
In mid-December, Trump's approval had reached 50% in several polls.

Now, a month later, several polls are showing his approval between 37% and 44%.

I don't belive that his approval is 37%, just like I never believed the polls during the campaign that showed him below 40%. Unless something really terrible happens I don't see his floor going below 40%, certainly not when he hasn't taken office yet.

However, it does appear there has been a slip from the 50% range a month ago. If we assume he's now in the low 40%'s (I don't believe its that low, but it appears that his upward momentum has certainly stopped and reversed to at least some extent), I'm not sure how/what would cause that.

His support among non-whites (all four major so-called non-white groups lumped together) has supposedly back to around 20% which is about what he got in the election. Support among chicks is also down.

A few days ago, I was ready to declare the news cycle and its ability to control people's brains with biased propaganda and constant defamation dead. Perhaps, the incessant attacks on everything Trump says or does is having an impact.

On the other hand if it has gone from 50% to 45%, that's only 1 in every 20 people changing their opinion. Even if its 50% to 40% that's only 1 in every 10. I'm not too worried about that.

On the other hand, the fact his support among non-whites is basically unchanged since the election is cause for concern. I assumed they would start getting on the bandwagon by now.
 
I think that would be really high if the GB were polled.
 
Back
Top