10 things you didn't know about vaginas

I see none of them involve a singing vagina...but the rest were almost as interesting.

Both vaginas and sharks contain the natural lubricant squalene.

. . . definitely a plot bunny there. What kind of bunny . . . not sure. :p

There are more than 10 things I don't know, but a little bit of knowledge goes a long way.

As Rozalin_0123 wrote:
While everyone seems to have heard about a woman's G-spot (though few men actually find it), most people have never heard of the more elusive A-spot and U-spot.

I've been looking for that fucking A-spot for years. Yep, vaginas are interesting, all right. :D

There are more than 10 things I don't know, but a little bit of knowledge goes a long way.

I've been looking for that fucking A-spot for years. Yep, vaginas are interesting, all right. :D

I spent a long time trying to find any spot, but she wouldn't. . . . .

Strange. Roman soldiers stuck their swords in their vaginas and Napoleon's stuck theirs in their vagins.

Only in late 17c did some coy Italian doctor use it for a woman.

Oh, the vagina expands to accommodate whatever is inserted. The oft used 'banging against her cervix' is just fantasy.

Truth be told, though. Some medical 'experts' doubt the existence of the A & U spots.
In my youth, the G-spot wasn't even thought of !

That is largely because no one has bothered to study the complexity of female anatomy until recent years. Yet, studies have been done to find whether to not giving blowjobs makes a woman happy and more intelligent. No joke. Obviously that's a bigger priority than discovering the intricacies of the vagina which could then have possible leads on how to treat many female illnesses like cervical cancer.

http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/wei...--semen-promotes-mental-well-being-says-study

As for the clitoris, when it is mentioned, most intelligent people think this:

334666_v2.jpg

And not this:

334664_v3.jpg

See that yellow part that looks like a Klingon warship? That is the clitoris IN ITS ENTIRETY. Those "wings" are clusters of nerve endings and erectile tissue. Yes, the same erectile tissue found in a man's penis. Turns out the term "Lady Boner" has more credibility than people think.

My only question is; if that is indeed the clitoris, how the hell are men STILL unable to find it? Not only does it look like a Klingon warship, it must also incorporate cloaking technology as well. :rolleyes:

That is largely because no one has bothered to study the complexity of female anatomy until recent years. Yet, studies have been done to find whether to not giving blowjobs makes a woman happy and more intelligent. No joke. Obviously that's a bigger priority than discovering the intricacies of the vagina which could then have possible leads on how to treat many female illnesses like cervical cancer.

http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/wei...--semen-promotes-mental-well-being-says-study

As for the clitoris, when it is mentioned, most intelligent people think this:

334666_v2.jpg

And not this:

334664_v3.jpg

See that yellow part that looks like a Klingon warship? That is the clitoris IN ITS ENTIRETY. Those "wings" are clusters of nerve endings and erectile tissue. Yes, the same erectile tissue found in a man's penis. Turns out the term "Lady Boner" has more credibility than people think.

My only question is; if that is indeed the clitoris, how the hell are men STILL unable to find it? Not only does it look like a Klingon warship, it must also incorporate cloaking technology as well. :rolleyes:

It's a man's world is the reason, still even in this day and age.

Who cares about cervical conditions? As long as their mouth works, women will be happy, right? :rolleyes:

Just because men obtain scientific and medical degrees doesn't mean they stop being men.

"Both vagina's and sharks contain the element squalene." Does that mean I can expect to maybe find a shark in a vagina?

Truth be told, though. Some medical 'experts' doubt the existence of the A & U spots. [1]
In my youth, the G-spot wasn't even thought of !

Originally Posted by Rozalin_0123
: That is largely because no one has bothered to study the complexity of female anatomy until recent years. Yet, studies have been done to find whether to not giving blowjobs makes a woman happy and more intelligent. No joke. Obviously that's a bigger priority than discovering the intricacies of the vagina which could then have possible leads on how to treat many female illnesses like cervical cancer. [2]

Rozalin_0123: My only question is; if that is indeed the clitoris, how the hell are men STILL unable to find it? Not only does it look like a Klingon warship, it must also incorporate cloaking technology as well. [3]

[1] There's a word missing; "still' , as in "still doubt the existence. . . ."
Sad, but all too true, I fear.

I read, a little while ago, an article about a doctor who had done some serious post-mortem research into the G-spot and others; he got the pelvic bits from a late patient or something. But he'd had to do it in Eastern Europe because it was 'against the law' where he was (can't remember, but I think it was the USA).

[2] Well, until a few years ago, anyway.
And as I understand it, cancer is not a nerve problem; it's a cell problem (weird folding of a bunch of proteins in a cell or three).

[3] I suspect that "men can't find it" (well, youngsters of today, anyway), because they are simply NOT TAUGHT, or not taught properly. Whether this is a job for the school, parents or both I leave to someone else to decide.
I have a feeling that sex-crimes would dramatically reduce if the parties concerned knew what was what.

[1] There's a word missing; "still' , as in "still doubt the existence. . . ."
Sad, but all too true, I fear.

I read, a little while ago, an article about a doctor who had done some serious post-mortem research into the G-spot and others; he got the pelvic bits from a late patient or something. But he'd had to do it in Eastern Europe because it was 'against the law' where he was (can't remember, but I think it was the USA).

[2] Well, until a few years ago, anyway.
And as I understand it, cancer is not a nerve problem; it's a cell problem (weird folding of a bunch of proteins in a cell or three).

[3] I suspect that "men can't find it" (well, youngsters of today, anyway), because they are simply NOT TAUGHT, or not taught properly. Whether this is a job for the school, parents or both I leave to someone else to decide.
I have a feeling that sex-crimes would dramatically reduce if the parties concerned knew what was what.

Cancer is indeed a disease on a cellular level. It was just one example of why more studies are needed on the vagina, as well as the female reproductive system in general. I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago and doctors still can't tell me much about it other than; "We don't fully understand why you don't ovulate."

I agree, there needs to be more sex education going on. Why people are afraid to talk about it to kids is beyond me, especially nowadays when the kids know more than the parents.

Cancer is indeed a disease on a cellular level. It was just one example of why more studies are needed on the vagina, as well as the female reproductive system in general. I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago and doctors still can't tell me much about it other than; "We don't fully understand why you don't ovulate."

I agree, there needs to be more sex education going on. Why people are afraid to talk about it to kids is beyond me, especially nowadays when the kids know more than the parents.

from WEBMD :-
The cause of PCOS is not fully understood, but genetics may be a factor. PCOS seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have irregular periods or diabetes. PCOS can be passed down from either your mother's or father's side.

I suspect that the kids THINK they know more ( <chuckle> )

I like the bit about the highest number of orgasms achieved in an hour.
One to attempt!

Wanna bet?

Unlike the rectum, the vagina expands naturally to accommodate invasive objects like large penises, specula, cucumbers, fists, large dildos and much else. Sure, your gynecologist can take a cervical smear, but that is not 'bumping into the neck of the cervix'.

Oh, the vagina expands to accommodate whatever is inserted. The oft used 'banging against her cervix' is just fantasy.

Yes and no.

For one thing the cervix itself actually moves position depending on where a woman is in her cycle:
"The cervix is the opening to the uterus and becomes the gateway to the birth canal (you know, the part that has to open 10 cm before you can push?). When you are not fertile, your cervix stays lower in the vaginal canal. It also remains closed and dry. During ovulation, when you start getting more mucous, it starts to raise up higher into the canal and starts to open and soften. This allows the sperm to travel more freely and effectively."
www.naturalfertilityandwellness

In addition ... The level of arousal also makes a bit difference.
During the plateau stage of sexual arousal just before orgasm :
"The vagina expands and elongates, ballooning out in the deepest two-thirds. The outer one-third of the vaginal wall thickens (due to increased blood flow) and contracts, making the entrance tighter. The uterus elevates to its highest point."
http://site.themarriagebed.com/biology/female/the-anatomy-of-female-arousal

So if she is really turned on (and ovulating too) the vagina really can expand to accommodate what is inserted.
At other times banging against the cervix (ouch!) can certainly happen.

I like the bit about the highest number of orgasms achieved in an hour.
One to attempt!

Not me. I saw that number as just another unrealistic expectation that I'd have to live up to.

"So, um, you only had six? What's wrong with you?"

I'd just like to go on record as saying I knew these ten things about the vagina.

Back