Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

Sorry about this, folks, I wanted to let Lachy know something via PM, but his inbox is full, so I'm going to post it here instead and hope he sees it:

Okay, sweets.

Here's what I'm gonna do.

I hope you're all right. I hope that you're getting better, or that something terrible didn't befall you.

But I'm gonna do a thing in "Star City," and I'm going to hope and pray that it's the right thing.

I'm going to do a post in which Bart and Rose run together for a long and beautiful elongated superspeed moment--

--but then Rose sees the TV coverage about the fight in Metropolis and can't help but run off.

And then she and Supergirl'll fight Chris Grant, and-- hopefully you're back by this point-- Bart can show up having been rescuing civilians off-camera or something? Or maybe he just got distracted by something else, we'll figure it out.

It is my hope that this will let me keep going with Rose's arc and maintain her voice in my head while making it so you have one less thing to worry about for the time being. You could focus on replying to the X-Men thread before Star City, for instance, without having to worry about holding anything up. At least that's how I'm rationalizing it in my head.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Lachy.

May the Speed Force be with you.
I look forward to contributing to "Lunaramblings'" roleplay here, when I'm able next to...and thank you Miss "ChasNicollette" for even thinking to include my spazzzz of a character...in any of the current of storylines. For and in the mean time, I'll be sure to just enjoy all that has and will transpire in the thread! :)))))
 
I look forward to contributing to "Lunaramblings'" roleplay here, when I'm able next to...and thank you Miss "ChasNicollette" for even thinking to include my spazzzz of a character...in any of the current of storylines. For and in the mean time, I'll be sure to just enjoy all that has and will transpire in the thread! :)))))

Thank you for understanding, dear.

I do hope you can come back soon.

:: hugs tightly :: I'm so glad you're all right.
 
And while Maggie Pynchon was never explicitly a "Rose," there's no reason why she couldn't be... her middle name could be Rose, her mother could be a Ceri... and I get to throw a shout-out to another unwritten Tears story while I'm at it.
 

tumblr_nqxibegGDG1s5gtqyo1_1280.jpg
 
Been thinkin' a lot about Hawkgirl recently.

Where did she end up? Maybe she discovered her heritage and went to Thanagar?

Maybe she's an agent for The DEO?
 
I think the DEO would be harder. But maybe another similar organization or maybe one that hasn't been introduced in either show yet, ala Checkmate
 
I think the DEO would be harder. But maybe another similar organization or maybe one that hasn't been introduced in either show yet, ala Checkmate

Harder in what sense?

Harder to incorporate?

We already have the Supergirl continuity worked in.
 
In any case, ARGUS is very much the spiritual successor to Checkmate in a lot of ways-- having both of them could prove redundant.

As it stands now, our continuity has three agencies-- ARGUS, ostensibly to deal with metahuman and peak-human threats and espionage; S.H.A.D.E., to deal with mystical threats covertly; and The DEO, to deal with extraterrestrials.

Adding another agency to the mix strikes me as unnecessary, unless it was as a villainous counter-agency... and for that, we've probably got H.I.V.E. kicking around somewhere.
 
Now that i understand the background a bit more I understand what you mean. I was thinking about the state of the DEO at the beginning, and forgot that it was several years later.
 
Yeah, hence the question about where she's ended up.

We see her in the TV-canon finale for Season 1 of "The Flash," albeit briefly.

So, barring temporal shenanigans which already account for numerous differences from televised canon, Hawkgirl would have been around ten years ago in our threads.

Ergo: where is she now?
 
Yeah, hence the question about where she's ended up.

We see her in the TV-canon finale for Season 1 of "The Flash," albeit briefly.

So, barring temporal shenanigans which already account for numerous differences from televised canon, Hawkgirl would have been around ten years ago in our threads.

Ergo: where is she now?

Maybe they are gearing up to actually have the Infinite Crisis happen after all. Which means that I will need to change some of Jaime's back story to reflect it, as originally he played a major role in that and in fact would have met The Spector and the Supes. Also Batman.
 
Maybe they are gearing up to actually have the Infinite Crisis happen after all. Which means that I will need to change some of Jaime's back story to reflect it, as originally he played a major role in that and in fact would have met The Spector and the Supes. Also Batman.

Well, you might have met The Spectre at some point over the ten-year gap, because he was prophesied in the form of Jim Corrigan of "Constantine."

But Superman is conspicuously absent from our world, with Martian Manhunter filling in for some of his crucial moments-- like with ushering Supergirl to her adoptive Earth family, and making sure that James Olsen got his Pulitzer.

And of course Batman has been around, though older than he usually is in the comics-- it's possible that you might have met him over the past ten years, too. Lunar might have some input for you on that.

Beyond that, I see no reason for you to shoehorn in comics canon events; after all, The Infinite Crisis didn't happen to Jaime in The New 52, either.

Keep in mind that for one reason or another-- largely off-screen time travel machinations and our ability to predict the future being good but not perfect-- our timeline has already diverged significantly from that of the televised canon.

Our Reverse-Flash was Hunter Zolomon, for instance, rather than Thawne, and instead of attempting to use the particle accelerator to travel through time, he used it to trigger a massive thermonuclear explosion. So no black hole over Central City, but instead a major mushroom cloud-- and with no wormhole, it seems (at least so far) that Rip Hunter hasn't turned up here either, as predicted by the trailer for "Legends of Tomorrow." Additionally, Thea has become the new Ra's instead of Ollie or Merlyn.

But there were also movie posters in "The Flash" for a movie called "Nighthawk and Cinnamon," suggesting that historical legends of at least some of The Hawks' past lives exist to inspire films. And Hawkgirl herself was glimpsed in Central City in the televised finale. So does she exist in our timeline, or was she written out? If she exists, why isn't she hanging out with The Justice Society?

I have notions, but I wondered if other people might have input on that.
 
I'm just curious, because if it is sonic based, Venom would be completely useless on this mission.
 
It's a stretch, but as these Markov Devices are modified to create extremely localized, single-building earthquakes, we could suggest that any vibrations they cast off are above the Venom suit's threshold of perception? Like ultrasound or a dog-whistle?

It would cause him considerable discomfort, but not cripple him?
 
I am assuming that the device use a cocktail of sonic, magnetic and gravitational forces to do what it does. While the sonics may be harmful they are not the brunt and would likely be most devastating at the point of bombardment. Basically using the sonic waves to start the chain reaction but the brunt of the damage is done by the other forces.
 
Back
Top