72 hours and Pot becomes legal in Canada

Shit ain't hard but it is limited and expensive to do indoors.

Once the sub-tropical/tropical joints legalize ya'll gonna be fucked for anything but the shortest indicas and auto-garbage.

The deep south will do most strains, especially the more popular sativa varieties better for 1/2 the price because sun and water.

Ontario will have over 150 available strains to choose from and over time, that will grow. Out west they grow great outdoor, many greenhouses in town have been converted, barbed wire fences up. Factories that were closed are now growing tons of weed. LEDs are cheap as fuck and use next to no hydro. I don't think we will ever import weed.

They are going to sell it a low, medium and high grade. The level is based on the high you want.
Edibles are still illegal.
Stores in Quebec will have a sleek look. Much like an Apple store. Products can only be viewed on a monitor. Or so they say.

Shit ain't hard but it is limited and expensive to do indoors.

Once the sub-tropical/tropical joints legalize ya'll gonna be fucked for anything but the shortest indicas and auto-garbage.

The deep south will do most strains, especially the more popular sativa varieties better for 1/2 the price because sun and water.

What's better, sativa or indica?

Canada won't have edibles for awhile. I wonder why they don't seem as popular. Very nice high without the risk of sucking combusted plant material into your lungs.
They're probably trying to figure out how to keep the edibles out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. The truffles I buy look just like regular chocolates of course.

Ima get me some gummy bears...:eek:

They are going to sell it a low, medium and high grade. The level is based on the high you want.
Edibles are still illegal.
Stores in Quebec will have a sleek look. Much like an Apple store. Products can only be viewed on a monitor. Or so they say.

The First Nation town that I drive through on the way to the cottage has no less than a dozen "Native Herbal Medicine" stores operating along the highway already. One is a green painted truck trailer retrofitted as a drive through pot dispensary.

They have replaced illegal cigarettes with weed.

I guess Canada won't be winning a Stanley Cup now for another 25 years.

leafs_weed

Ontario will have over 150 available strains to choose from and over time, that will grow.

Yep and 90% of them will have to be grown indoors because you're too far north ANYWHERE in Canada even for most indicas.

Out west they grow great outdoor,

Yep the PNW extends the season and they STILL are too far north to grow most strains outdoors.

many greenhouses in town have been converted, barbed wire fences up. Factories that were closed are now growing tons of weed. LEDs are cheap as fuck and use next to no hydro.

And while I'm sure some of the better ones will create a loyal customer base none of that is anywhere near as productive or most importantly as cheap as being 2000 miles closer to the equator.

Not even close.

I'm not trying to bash Canada or be an asshole. I'm pointing out an agricultural matter of fact. You have an observable, quantifiable, scientifically verified and irrefutable disadvantage of geographic location when it comes to growing tropical/subtropical plants, especially on a commercial scale.

Much like Montana, Minnesota and Maine those states will NOT be able to compete with the southern states as far as production is concerned.

I don't think we will ever import weed.

Maybe not.

But for those legal nations who engage in cannabis trade the temperate/colder climate nations won't be able to compete with those nations who have a Mediterranean to tropical climates with regard to production and thus more than likely price.

What's better, sativa or indica?

Depends on what you're looking for and the strain too....not all sativas are the same and neither are the indicas.

Each gene pool while they might share similar characteristics with their species they might also (especially at the individual level) express a number of other traits from how they grow to how they smoke.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to bash Canada or be an asshole. I'm pointing out an agricultural matter of fact. You have an observable, quantifiable, scientifically verified and irrefutable disadvantage of geographic location when it comes to growing tropical/subtropical plants, especially on a commercial scale.

Hm. And here I always thought of it as something that would grow wherever grass would.

Hm. And here I always thought of it as something that would grow wherever grass would.

Oh there are varieties that grow all over.

But not all of them are consumable for recreational reasons or even medically and even fewer of those are considered good quality and of those only a few (like 8) are true breeding strains.

Most "strains" are really just clones of those one in 100,000 seedlings from a cross that has something special about it.

Last edited:
Pot has changed so much in a short time. Wasn't long ago you got a bag full of seeds and stems and that was the norm and the only strains anyone knew were all the classics. Now there's a million different kinds and if you get a single seed in your bag you're like "what the fuck, man?"
Times have definitely changed.

No weed dealer has ever asked for Government ID before selling to me.

Sounds like a heat score.

I looked online at the prices, they want $17/ gram for great white shark.
That shit wont fly. I can order it from BC for $6.

The First Nation town that I drive through on the way to the cottage has no less than a dozen "Native Herbal Medicine" stores operating along the highway already. One is a green painted truck trailer retrofitted as a drive through pot dispensary.

They have replaced illegal cigarettes with weed.

We have a reservation and it a two mile strip of smoke shacks. Wonder what they might be selling now?

Ocs.ca is Ontario cannabis store

I recommend ordering from BC from stashclub.ca

I found Cheapweed.com...sounds wild.
I really don't smoke pot...odd time but would rather beer.

I think Trudeau just did it for his Mom and brother...made a campaign promise and then thought...shit, what did I just do

At this point, I expected this thread, at least from the Canadian side of it, to die in apathy....

Back