The epic porn from maid to empress: Catherine I

LupusDei

curious alien
Joined
Jul 3, 2017
Posts
4,096
I don't know is this done as ultimate porn version already, because it likely should, as the story is there for centuries, but it's such a great story, every time I go by it, I just can't... lol. And it's pure history. So, if anyone wants a true story to base their grand imperial porn epic on, there's probably the ultimate example.

Shortened, lightly edited:
There are no documents that confirm her origins. Said to have been born on 15 April 1684 she was originally named Marta Helena Skowrońska. Marta's parents died of the plague around 1689, leaving five children. Marta was taken by an aunt and sent to Marienburg (the present-day Alūksne in Latvia, near the border with Estonia and Russia) where she was raised by Johann Ernst Glück, a Lutheran pastor and educator who was the first to translate the Bible into Latvian.

Frau Glück became fearful that she would become involved with her son. She was married off to a Swedish dragoon, Johan Cruse or Johann Rabbe, with whom she remained for eight days in 1702, at which point the Swedish troops were withdrawn from Marienburg.

Marta worked briefly in the laundry of the victorious regiment, and also was presented in her undergarments to Brigadier General Rudolph Felix Bauer, later the Governor of Estonia, to be his mistress. She may have worked in the household of his superior, Sheremetev.

Afterwards she became part of the household of Prince Alexander Menshikov, who was the best friend of Peter the Great of Russia. Anecdotal sources suggest that she was purchased by him. Menshikov, who was quite jealous of Peter's attentions and knew his tastes, wanted to procure a mistress on whom he could rely.

In 1704, she was well established in the Tsar's household as his mistress, and gave birth to a son, Peter. She converted to Orthodoxy and took the new name of Catherine Alexeyevna. She and Darya Menshikova accompanied Peter and Menshikov on their military excursions.

Surrounded by overwhelming numbers of Turkish troops, Catherine suggested before surrendering, that her jewels and those of the other women be used in an effort to bribe the Ottoman grand vizier Baltacı Mehmet Pasha into allowing a retreat.

Peter credited Catherine and proceeded to marry her again (this time officially) at Saint Isaac's Cathedral in St. Petersburg on 9 February 1712. When Peter elevated the Russian Tsardom to Empire, Catherine became Empress.

Catherine had an estrangement over her support of Willem Mons, brother of Peter's former mistress Anna, and brother to one of the current ladies in waiting to Catherine. Willem Mons and his sister Matrena had begun selling their influence to those who wanted access to Catherine and, through her, to Peter. Apparently this had been overlooked by Catherine, who was fond of both. Peter found out and had Willem Mons executed and his sister Matrena exiled.

Peter died without naming a successor. A coup was arranged by Menshikov and others in which the guards regiments, with whom Catherine was very popular, proclaimed her the ruler of Russia, giving her the title of Empress.

The real power, however, lay with Menshikov, Peter Tolstoy and with other members of the Supreme Privy Council.

She died two years after Peter, at age 43. Tuberculosis, diagnosed as an abscess of the lungs, caused her early demise.

Catherine was the first woman to rule Imperial Russia, opening the legal path for a century almost entirely dominated by women, including her daughter Elizabeth and granddaughter-in-law Catherine the Great, all of whom continued Peter the Great's policies in modernizing Russia.

The story of her humble origins was considered by later generations of tsars to be a state secret.

Pure sex, isn't it? You just can't beat the real history sometimes.
 
Pure sex, isn't it? You just can't beat the real history sometimes.
Ideal storyline for an epic rendering. I wrote something similar but non-historical: How I Became an Evil Queen. Catherine's story could be a good-girl sequel: How I Became a Beloved Empress maybe. With that tragic premature death for tear-jerking and vote-grabbing.
 
Don't forget the episode with the horse. But make it a talking horse, because LIT.
 
Don't forget the episode with the horse. But make it a talking horse, because LIT.
That was the later Cathy. The insatiable Cathy. The fuck-em-all Cathy. Not the comic strip Cathy. Nor the one next door when we lived in Pismo Beach. Damn, she was loud! And the horses!
 
Wow, even back then, women have been fucking their way to the top!
 
From slave to emperor – 10 remarkable rises to power from humble beginnings

1. Diocletian (244 – 311 AD) – from slave to emperor
2. Justin I (450 – 527 AD) – from swineherd to emperor

3. Theodora (c. 500 – 548) – from prostitute to empress

Theodora’s father was a bear trainer in Constantinople and her mother was a dancer and an actress. Employment as an actress at the time would include both “indecent exhibitions on stage” and providing sexual services off stage. Contemporary accounts relate that, from an early age, Theodora worked in a Constantinople brothel serving low-status customers and later performed on stage.

At the age of 16, she traveled to North Africa as the companion of a Syrian official. She stayed with him for almost four years, but he maltreated her then abandoned her. She returned to Constantinople in 522 and gave up her former lifestyle, settling as a wool spinner in a house near the imperial palace.

Her beauty, wit and charm drew the attention of Justinian, heir of the throne of his uncle, Emperor Justin I. Justinian pleaded with his uncle to repeal an old Roman law which prevented government officials from marrying actresses, and they married in 525. When Justin I died in 527, Justinian became emperor with Theodora his empress.

Theodora proved herself a worthy and able leader, particularly when riots broke out in Constantinople in 532. Unable to control the mob, Justinian and his officials prepared to flee. Theodora made an impassioned speech that they should stay and fight, and if necessary die in the ‘royal purple’, rather than live in disgrace as exiles. The rebellion was eventually crushed.

Following the revolt, Justinian and Theodora rebuilt and reformed Constantinople and made it the most splendid city the world had seen for centuries, building or rebuilding aqueducts, bridges and more than twenty five churches.

Theodora created her own centres of power and helped introduce many reforms in relation to women’s rights. She had laws passed that prohibited forced prostitution, expanded the rights of women in divorce and property ownership, instituted the death penalty for rape, and forbade the killing of a wife who committed adultery.

The historian Procopius’ Secret History presents a different view of Theodora. In her zeal to prevent forced prostitution she is said to have ’rounded up’ 500 prostitutes, confining them to a convent. This, he narrates, even led to suicides as prostitutes sought to escape ‘the unwelcome transformation.’

He also reports that Theodora was punctilious about court ceremony, making all senators, including patricians, prostrate themselves before the Imperial couple whenever they entered their presence. Government officials were treated like servants and reportedly had to show their respect to Theodora by laying face down and touching the instep of each of her feet with their lips.

Theodora died in 548 of what thought to have been breast cancer. Justinian wept bitterly at her funeral.

4. Basil I (811 – 886) – from slave to emperor
5. Qutb-al-din Aybak (1150 – 1210) – from slave to king
6. Ivaylo of Bulgaria (died 1280) – from swineherd to emperor
7. Zhu Yuanzhang (1328 –1398) – from beggar to emperor

8. Karin Månsdotter (1550 – 1612) – from waitress to queen

Karin was born in Stockholm, Sweden to a soldier and later jailkeeper named Måns. Her mother sold vegetables on the city square.

Both her parents are believed to have died around 1560 and Karin went into service in the household of royal court musician Gert Cantor. Part of his house was a tavern and it is likely that Karin came to the attention of King Eric XIV of Sweden in 1564 when she served him as a waitress. A year later she had became his mistress.

Eric had maintained numerous mistresses up to this point, but when Karin entered his life, he dismissed them all. She was given expensive clothes, her own apartment and servants, and appeared with the king openly at court. She was also received education and learned to read and write. When she gave birth to a daughter in 1566 and a son in 1568, the children were treated as legitimate princess and prince.

Karin was described as very beautiful with long blond hair, and her personality seems to have been calm, humble and natural. The king was mentally unstable, and she seems to have been the only one who could calm him down – which at first made her useful to the nobles at court.

However, while she had no personal enemies, she was not respected, and their official marriage in 1568 was considered a scandal at court. It was followed by Karin’s coronation as queen, which was celebrated with great festivities in Stockholm to legitimise her status as queen. Karin’s peasant relatives were present, dressed in clothes made for them by the royal tailor.

Soon after the coronation, King Eric’s brothers rebelled against him and had the royal couple imprisoned – their children being placed in the care of the Dowager Queen. Karin gave birth to two children in captivity in 1570 and 1572, both of whom died in prison, so she was separated from her husband to prevent the birth of any more legitimate offspring.

Queen Karin and her children were taken to Finland where she remained under house arrest until the death of her husband in 1577. She was treated with kindness in Finland and given the royal estate Liuksiala Manor, where she lived the rest of her life until her death in 1612.

9. Catherine I of Russia (1684 – 1727) – from washerwoman to empress

Catherine was born in 1684 as Marta Skowrońska, daughter of a Lithuanian peasant. Her parents died of the plague around 1689 and Marta was sent by an aunt to Marienburg (in modern Latvia) where she was raised by a Lutheran pastor, serving in his household as a lowly scullery maid or washerwoman. She was not taught to read or write and remained illiterate throughout her life.

When Russian forces captured Marienburg in 1702, Marta was supposedly sent to work in the laundry of the victorious regiment and later travelled back to Russia with them.

Afterwards she became part of the household of Prince Alexander Menshikov, who was the best friend of the Tsar of Russia, Peter the Great. In 1703, while visiting Menshikov at home, Peter first saw Marta, who was considered a very beautiful young woman, as well as compassionate, charming and always cheerful. Within a year, she was well established in the Tsar’s household as his mistress, and gave birth to a son. She went on to bear him a total of twelve children, but only two of them whom survived into adulthood.

Marta took the name Catherine Alexeyevna and married Peter in St. Petersburg in 1712, becoming the Tsarina. When Peter elevated the Russian Tsardom to Empire, she became Empress and was later officially crowned and named co-ruler.

When Peter died in 1725 without naming a successor, Catherine was popularly proclaimed as the first woman to rule Imperial Russia in her own right. She died after only 16-months on the throne, but was able to reduce the size of the empire’s bloated military to relieve the tax burden on the peasantry.

10. Henri Christophe (1767 – 1820) – from slave to king
 
Back
Top