How long does it take you to get published?

Yes. It sometimes takes a few days, depending on how many other stories are submitted. One of mine took four or five days.
 
I read somewhere that first time authors get a bit more thoroughly checked whether they kept to the rules of the site. Might take a day extra for that.
 
I read somewhere that first time authors get a bit more thoroughly checked whether they kept to the rules of the site. Might take a day extra for that.

That is correct, newbies usually take 2-3 days longer than established writers, and the focus is in compliance with the site's content rules.

Also, the Valentine's Day competition has just started. Comp entries get priority.
 
It used to be more like a week. My last few have been three or four days. Patience!

While you are waiting, read and comment on some other author's stories. Authors love comments. And when they see you comment on theirs, they are more likely to read and comment on yours when it comes out.
 
It used to take up to weeks

However, I just had a new story posted in only two days and I'm very happy with that!

You can click "Pending" and see if it has had any views yet. It must get at least one view before anyone can approve it, the Literotica story reader/approver person. If no one has read it, wait. If several have read it, wait. If it still isn't approved, maybe they have a problem with it and are deciding whether to send it back or post it, or are sending it to their friends to read! LOL nah

I used to use the HTML form but had problems. Now, I write in Word.
Be sure you have everything ready and complete the form correctly, and don't expect to get it refused and have to re-write parts. Copy the whole thing in Text, paste it in the form, and manually insert italics marks, I, /I. This works very well with no formatting problems.
Good luck.:)
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hijack your thread but I think I'm going mad - I had two stories listed as pending - now that tag has changed to new but they're still in the pending section of the works page. Is this a good thing or have I not submitted properly?
 
Ooh if I'm on works activity, it shows as awaiting moderator approval. I'm a bit nervous and impatient! Thank you for replying
 
Sorry to hijack your thread but I think I'm going mad - I had two stories listed as pending - now that tag has changed to new but they're still in the pending section of the works page. Is this a good thing or have I not submitted properly?

Different pages on the site up-date on different cycles. It's common for everything to be out of synch, with up to a 24 hour lag.

Your story will be live as soon as you see the notification on your dash.
 
My stories have taken anywhere from 2 days to 5 days to get published, so unless you're over 5 days you shouldn't get concerned about it.
 
How long does it usually take volunteer editors to edit a story? Any experience and guidelines?
 
How long does it usually take volunteer editors to edit a story? Any experience and guidelines?

They’re volunteers. It takes as long as they take. I do a bit of editing and it depends on the length of the story, how much work it needs to get it into a reasonable shape, if I’m writing a story, life in general...

If I know someone needs it for a competition, then I treat it as urgent. I expect the same courtesy.
 
I've been publishing about three and a half years, and most of my stories have taken about 4 days from submission to publication. One took two hours, when I submitted near the end of a contest period, and another took about five days, maybe six. But for me 3-4 is the norm.
 
My usual has been two days for the last fourteen years over my accounts.
 
My last was two days. I typically see 2 - 3 days, and will quiz after a week, on the basis that sometimes things get lost. Panic slowly, is always my advice.
 
My latest was post at 5:00pm on Wednesday and published this morning at Midnight EST. So, what's that about a day?
 
My latest was post at 5:00pm on Wednesday and published this morning at Midnight EST. So, what's that about a day?

It usually takes me about 36 hours from submission to publication. It'll be a little longer for the next one, about 44 hours.
 
I think the posting in cycles is mostly a matter of daily processing cycles. So I think something submitted anytime today, Friday, and posting on Sunday anytime, has taken two days, not maybe a day when worked out in hours.
 
New user , wondering do you get notifications when someone replies to your comment t

No, you don't. You just have to check the story if the author has added a comment. Sometimes, if you don't comment anonymously, they'll get back to you via "story feedback" option.
 
Back
Top