"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that I am a virgin that's funny.

I plan on sticking around and planting a poem or two, somewhere I saw a place for instant poems. I like that because if I don't write as soon as one pops in my head I never get around to it.

Hang in here long enough amongst this raucous 'n rowdy crowd and you'll lose your virginity soon enough.

Thanks to Angie and Eve for mentioning "Offhand, a Red Car" in the review thread, and thanks to Leon and the lovely Anonymous for comments.

Yes, Evie, it is about sex. Sort of.

Angeline, thank you very much for mentioning my poems on Tuesday. I really can't brook your use of the word "skill" ... but on the other hand, saying I have "skill" could mean a lot of things (and skill does not equal talent, hahahaha).

Thanks again, I appreciate the comments.

Thanks to Angie and Eve for mentioning "Offhand, a Red Car" in the review thread, and thanks to Leon and the lovely Anonymous for comments.

Yes, Evie, it is about sex. Sort of.
Sort of is good enough for me. ;)

Angeline, thank you very much for mentioning my poems on Tuesday. I really can't brook your use of the word "skill" ... but on the other hand, saying I have "skill" could mean a lot of things (and skill does not equal talent, hahahaha).

Thanks again, I appreciate the comments.

Well when I reviewed them in my mind "skill" was synonomous with "talent." Just so you know. :)

Well when I reviewed them in my mind "skill" was synonomous with "talent." Just so you know. :)

Hi sweets. When I was a boy, my father told me that skill was what you gained when you worked hard at something, the harder you worked, the more you listened to mentors, etc., the greater your skill level. Talent is the gift, the thing I got genetically from him. You can't develop talent. You just have it or you don't. That's what he told me. Egotistical bastard, he, but I think he was right.

Hi sweets. When I was a boy, my father told me that skill was what you gained when you worked hard at something, the harder you worked, the more you listened to mentors, etc., the greater your skill level. Talent is the gift, the thing I got genetically from him. You can't develop talent. You just have it or you don't. That's what he told me. Egotistical bastard, he, but I think he was right.

He may be right, but my point is that is not was *I* meant when I reviewed David's poems. That's why I explained myself. I didn't mean to imply some distinction between skill and talent, with skill somehow being the lesser of the two.

But (and more important to me at the moment), I just received an order of corn husks and masa harina. Now what? :D

He may be right, but my point is that is not was *I* meant when I reviewed David's poems. That's why I explained myself. I didn't mean to imply some distinction between skill and talent, with skill somehow being the lesser of the two.

But (and more important to me at the moment), I just received an order of corn husks and masa harina. Now what? :D

Oooooohhhh...tamales for everyone. Friday night at the Bistro? Check back.
:heart:

Oh, I know, and again I thank you. I guess my comment seemed to be flippant towards YOU when I meant it to be flippant towards ME. Sorry about that, Angeline.

By the way, thank you Eve, Anschul and UnderYourSpell for your delightful comments about "Orgasms." I try to avoid writing spoofs or parodies, but this one came to me and I tried it. I'm certain one of Mr.Poe's heirs will be suing my ass any time now though.

Thank you all again.

I like the recipes and the whole schtick of My Hot Tamale. I've used it, and the results are always wonderful.

Thank you, big bro! I am still amazed at how easy the tortillas are to make from scratch. I don't even have a tortilla press; just used a heavy book and a plastic bag to press them down on my kitchen counter. I realize that people all over the world have been making them forever, but it was a revelation for this Joisey girl. They taste soooo much better fresh.

I saw Bobby Flay (I think it was him) make bbq'd tamales with shrimp and a sour cream sauce that looked wonderful. I'm still trying to track it down, but I think I can come up with a reasonable facsimile if I can't find it.

Oh, I know, and again I thank you. I guess my comment seemed to be flippant towards YOU when I meant it to be flippant towards ME. Sorry about that, Angeline.

By the way, thank you Eve, Anschul and UnderYourSpell for your delightful comments about "Orgasms." I try to avoid writing spoofs or parodies, but this one came to me and I tried it. I'm certain one of Mr.Poe's heirs will be suing my ass any time now though.

Thank you all again.

Oh, thank you David! I wasn't sure how you meant it and I didn't want you to think it was less than a compliment (cause it wasn't). :)

Angeline,
I know I've said this before, but it definitely calls for an emphatic confirmatory... confirmatory something - you know what I mean.

But your acuity sometimes just fuckin freaks me out. I have to suspect that somewhere along the way of life they implanted a camera in my mind that records each and every psychical motion and thought. And somehow you have direct access to the screen. Or the lens.

That's probably enough said - because you probably already see anyway.

infuckincredible. Just... incredible.

Angeline,
I know I've said this before, but it definitely calls for an emphatic confirmatory... confirmatory something - you know what I mean.

But your acuity sometimes just fuckin freaks me out. I have to suspect that somewhere along the way of life they implanted a camera in my mind that records each and every psychical motion and thought. And somehow you have direct access to the screen. Or the lens.

That's probably enough said - because you probably already see anyway.

infuckincredible. Just... incredible.

I'm good with words. :D

I'm good with words. :D

You is.

Because I have lately become curious in exploring the audio idea. And I even tried one the other day - you know, a little guitar accompaniment - but it's a tricky customer, alluring as it is. It'll need some work - but eventually...

Also - i have boxes and boxes of scraps and songs and notebooks, and half-songs, and so on. Once in a while I like to just stick my hand in one of the boxes and pull something out and play with it. This time I pulled out an old notebook. Found a few lines of what was destined for a song someday. Played with it. Submitted it here.

Can't slip nothing past Angeline. Can't slip nothin :heart:

You is.

Because I have lately become curious in exploring the audio idea. And I even tried one the other day - you know, a little guitar accompaniment - but it's a tricky customer, alluring as it is. It'll need some work - but eventually...

Also - i have boxes and boxes of scraps and songs and notebooks, and half-songs, and so on. Once in a while I like to just stick my hand in one of the boxes and pull something out and play with it. This time I pulled out an old notebook. Found a few lines of what was destined for a song someday. Played with it. Submitted it here.

Can't slip nothing past Angeline. Can't slip nothin :heart:

Well my dear I live with a musician. And after almost five years with him, we pretty much think the same way I've noticed (so has he), so mebbe that splains it.

:kiss:

Well my dear I live with a musician. And after almost five years with him, we pretty much think the same way I've noticed (so has he), so mebbe that splains it.

:kiss:

that makes more sense than a hidden psychic camera:)

but really, the audio way - it intrigues - but I find it has its own 'rules' - not rules. You know what I mean. One cannot assume that any work will work well with a spoken voice - and is especially intriguingly challenging if you try and add a little music.

But someday - yeah. Someday. By... hm. someday. Yeah, someday.

that makes more sense than a hidden psychic camera:)

but really, the audio way - it intrigues - but I find it has its own 'rules' - not rules. You know what I mean. One cannot assume that any work will work well with a spoken voice - and is especially intriguingly challenging if you try and add a little music.

But someday - yeah. Someday. By... hm. someday. Yeah, someday.

I really prefer the hidden psychic camera idea. But you know I'm pretty base. I'd read the mind of whoever programs the Lotto numbers before I went after the poets.

But I do know what you mean. eagleyez is much better at lyrics than I am because he thinks to music better than I do. I suspect form poetry is closer to lyrics because at least some of those forms--the European ones--come from Court traditions, so they were sung originally. Maybe that's also true for some Asian or Arabic forms, too, but I'm not as familiar with them.

I really prefer the hidden psychic camera idea. But you know I'm pretty base. I'd read the mind of whoever programs the Lotto numbers before I went after the poets.

But I do know what you mean. eagleyez is much better at lyrics than I am because he thinks to music better than I do. I suspect form poetry is closer to lyrics because at least some of those forms--the European ones--come from Court traditions, so they were sung originally. Maybe that's also true for some Asian or Arabic forms, too, but I'm not as familiar with them.

Well it is a different thinking - I think.

If something's meant to be sung - or emoted vocally - it might not come across as it is meant to be received if it is simply on a piece of paper (much less so on a computer screen(imo)).

You know, write out a bunch of Ooh Oooh Oooh. Woo Woo Wooos. That might not speak to too many souls. But get John Lee Hooker to sing it... and throw in the stomps and grinds and stuff - hm. now it speaks.

Anyway... better get going.

Thanks a bunch. As always.

Well it is a different thinking - I think.

If something's meant to be sung - or emoted vocally - it might not come across as it is meant to be received if it is simply on a piece of paper (much less so on a computer screen(imo)).

You know, write out a bunch of Ooh Oooh Oooh. Woo Woo Wooos. That might not speak to too many souls. But get John Lee Hooker to sing it... and throw in the stomps and grinds and stuff - hm. now it speaks.

Anyway... better get going.

Thanks a bunch. As always.

Check out this video. It's a really simple blues, the lyric in and of itself is nothing. The vocalist (Jimmy Rushing) invests it with incredible feeling. :)

Last edited:
It's not often that Cardinal Newman and "cunt" show up in the same poem.
Odd. They both start with the letter "C". :rolleyes:

Thanks for the mention, though, Ms. A. And thanks, Ms. Annie, for your comment, though to be quite frank, I have not been "boy" for years.

Well, except for that night when. . . .

Oh, you guys don't need to know about that. Never mind.

Thanks for sharing your poem picks today ms eyez. I couldn't have agreed more. :rose:

Odd. They both start with the letter "C". :rolleyes:

Thanks for the mention, though, Ms. A. And thanks, Ms. Annie, for your comment, though to be quite frank, I have not been "boy" for years.

Well, except for that night when. . . .

Oh, you guys don't need to know about that. Never mind.

I piss and moan to Mr. Eyez every Tuesday when I have to do reviews, but when it's not my day I can't seem to shut up. :D

You're both most welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back