Earth 3: OOC

LuckyVic

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Posts
17,359
"Goodbye, my son. Our hopes and dreams travel with you."

"He'll be an outcast. They'll kill him."

"How? He'll be a god to them."

~ ~ ~

"What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if they aspired to something greater?"

"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time they will join you in the sun. In time you will help them accomplish wonders."​


This thread will be the start of an alternative take on the DC universe that we have seen created in the movie Man of Steel. It will begin sometime after Clark Kent begins to work at the Daily Planet.
 
Superman

superman0011.jpg

Character Information
Name: Clark Kent
Aliases: Kal-EL
Gender: Male
Species: Kryptonian
Age: 33
Date of Birth: May 5, 1980
Place of Birth: Krypton
Identity: Secret
Current Occupation: Journalist
Former Occupation: Several
Citizenship: USA
Legal Status: no criminal record

Physical Appearance
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 225 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue

Family
Spouse: None
Children: None
Father: Jor-El (Deceased); Jonathan Kent (Adoptive father, Deceased)
Mother: Lara-El (Deceased); Martha Kent (Adoptive mother)
Brother(s): None
Sister(s): None
Other Family: Unknown

Known Powers

Clark's cellular structure is more dense, resiliant and biologically more effective than human tissue. Clark has manifested a wide range of metahuman abilities, he can move at superhuman speeds, has an incredible reaction time and superhuman reflexes to match, lift incredible weights, is almost invulnerable to conventional injury, possesses superhuman sensory and powerful energy projection capabilities.

Super Strength: He can lift incredible weights and objects The upper limit to his physical strength is not known (can lift as much as 100 tons).

Invulnerability: Clark's invulnerability has also increased with his age. He is nearly invulnerable to weapons used by humans in warfare. He can operate for periods of up to 30 minutes without air. Extremes of heat and cold have little effect on him.

Super Speed: Clark is capable of enhanced reflex action and the ability to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. He can reach a velocity well above the speed of sound. He can match most other speedsters in their ability to perform superfast movements, reactions, and processes. He can use this power to disarm opponents without heightened reflexes, catch bullets or shrapnel or cross vast distances in seconds.

X-Ray Vision: He can see through any solid object except for lead.

Heat Vision: His heat vision has the ability to reach temperatures of 11,000 degrees F, sufficient to melt steel in seconds.

Super Hearing: He can also hear in a range equal to that of the best natural or man-made sensors. His hearing is so acute and precise he can detect a whisper at 500 yards.

Super Breath: At age 13, While cleaning out the barn Clark inhaled so much dust that he when he sneezed he blew the barn door off it's hinges.

Flight: Clark is capable of speeds in excess of Mach 4 in atmosphere. His control of his flight is constantly improving.

Healing: Clark is superhumanly regenerative and can heal or recover from wounds instantly when he is not exposed to green Kryptonite. Direct sunlight greatly amplifies this capacity of this ability.

Equipment

Superman's uniform is highly resistant to damage, having been derived from Kryptonian bio-technology. If it is damaged, thanks to this technology, it can repair itself. The amount of time to fully repair itself depends on the amount of damage it receives. It also provides a "perception filter" that prevents people from picking up on his true identity despite his not wearing a mask in either identity.

Weaknesses

Although he is not yet aware of this, Clark is vulnerable to Kryptonite, radioactive remnants of his home planet, Krypton. The known variations of Kryptonite affect him in different ways. Fortunately, Clark can protect himself from Kryptonite radiation using lead, and removal of the substance reverses the effects.

* Green Kryptonite renders Kryptonians physically weak, painfully ill, and eventually death.

* Red Kryptonite has bizzare effects on Kryptonians everytime they come in contact with it. This can be anything from losing their powers, to losing their inhibitions and social conscience. The effects eventually wear off with time.

Strangely enough, they do not seem to possess superhuman strength levels despite their enhanced cellular ability. Without constant exposure to solar energy, their strength seems on par for a human of their height and weight.

Magic (gain this is not yet known to Clark): It seems that Kryptonians are permeabile to certain wavelengths making them vulnerable to certain radiations, particularly magical energies whose chaotic electromagnetic or extradimensional signatures. A Kryptonian's vulnerability to magic varies on the special effects of the magic. No magic seems to be able to directly destroy them unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source. They can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects on them.

High Energy Attacks or Radiation: High energy radiations of a particular wavelength can also cause injury, hence the reason they can be harmed by high energy weapons such as blasters, lasers and plasma weapons. Kinetic kill weapons with sufficient force can also cause damage.

Source of Power

Solar absorbtion (yellow suns)

ck001.jpg
 
Last edited:
With your permission....

J'onn J'onzz
The Martian Manhunter


2892776-martian_manhunter.jpg


Name: J'onn J'onzz
Alias: John Jones
Gender: Asexual (Identifies as Male)
Species: Martian
Age: ???
Date of Birth: ???
Place of Birth: Ma'aleca'andra (Mars)


Physical Appearance:
(Since J'onn is a shapeshifter, the given description here is of his usual form as a Manhunter)
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 275
Eyes: Red
Skin: Green

Family: My'ria'h (wife - deceased), K'hym (daughter - deceased)

Powers:

Shape shifting
Telepathy and telekinesis (force-field projection, focused psychic pulses)
Super Strength
Invisibility and intangibility (trans-phasic shifting)
Extreme regenerative powers
Flight
Vision capable of seeing into the infra-red, UV, and x-ray spectrum (also capable of firing controlled bursts of disruptive energy)

Weaknesses:

Fire (a psychological fear, sometimes controlled, sometimes not - J'onn's greatest fear is being burned alive, although it actually can't harm him at all).

J'onn currently works as a detective for the Metropolis Police Department as John Jones - just an average, ordinary human.
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing you wish to stick to DC characters?

I'd have liked to use The Punisher

But

I can also use Bloodsport, but not the villianous one, if need be I can create a new guy, based loosely on both characters
 
I'm guessing you wish to stick to DC characters?

I'd have liked to use The Punisher

But

I can also use Bloodsport, but not the villianous one, if need be I can create a new guy, based loosely on both characters

There's a Bloodsport who isn't villainous?
 
I'm guessing you wish to stick to DC characters?

I'd have liked to use The Punisher

But

I can also use Bloodsport, but not the villianous one, if need be I can create a new guy, based loosely on both characters

Yeah I'm sticking to DC characters
 
No all Bloodsports are villains so far, that is why I am asking if I can create a canon Bloodsport, one who has been reformed in prison due to the burning he received at the hands of the Arian Brotherhood.
 
No all Bloodsports are villains so far, that is why I am asking if I can create a canon Bloodsport, one who has been reformed in prison due to the burning he received at the hands of the Arian Brotherhood.

I really don't think blood sport or anyone in that vein would fit into the reality I see in my mind as of right now
 
Green Arrow perhaps? He isn't my most favorite character, but if not I will have to bow out my interest in this one.
 
possibly. I'll have to wait until I see what you come up with for him before I decide.
 
"Ignition." (( Submitted respectfully for your approval. ))



Jessi Allen / The Flash

jesse.jpg


Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair: Dark Reddish-Brown (Jessi); Blonde (The Flash)
Eyes: Brown (Jessi); Golden (The Flash)

Powers and Abilities:

The Flash has the ability to move at impossible speeds, far in excess of the speed of sound (sometimes, amazingly, even approaching the speed of light itself). Her hardy metabolism allows her to run for hours without slowing, provides resilience against the withering forces and the pounding impacts of such speeds (and, handily, against the pounding impacts of villains seeking to smack her down), and enables her to regenerate quickly from injury. An "aura" provided by her link to the extradimensional Speed Force defends her against the heat of friction-- not to mention preventing microprojectiles from sandblasting her corneas at high velocity --and enables her to communicate with other speedsters moving at similar speeds to hers, despite their moving at hypersonic velocities. Her reflexes, senses, and thought processes have all been accelerated proportionately to her top footspeed.

The Flash can learn new things at superspeed, such as speed-memorizing texts and learning physical techniques (guitar-playing, construction, martial arts) by rote repetition/trial-and-error, but speed-learning does not stay with her long. 18 hours at most.

Her natural hair color is very dark, but it's been found that when she triggers her super-speed, her connection to The Speed Force infuses her with power such that her hair becomes the same molten golden as The Speed Force's lightning-esque energies, and the same thing happens to her eyes.

Weaknesses:

Unlike certain other iterations of The Flash, Jessi must consciously activate her speed, switch it "on," and switch it "off" again later. When she does not have her speed turned "on," she is only as fast as a slightly clumsy science geek.

Her powers cause her to metabolize ingested substances many times faster than a normal human-- this can be good, because she recovers from poisons faster, but the poisons also affect her faster, kicking in in mere moments. Despite the vast energies of The Speed Force, Jessi (and The Flash) must also replenish herself by eating, and she eats a lot.

While Jessi generally cooperates with The Flash, and vice versa, they are opposite sides of the same coin and they can clash when their symbiosis breaks down. As a being, essentially, with two "minds" (even though one is only a "passenger" while the other is in "the driver's seat"), they are also twice as vulnerable to telepathic attacks and psychological warfare.

Equipment:

Jessi has used discretionary resources from her work at STAR-Labs (normally allotted for independent and proactive lines of experimentation, but shh don't tell anyone) to fabricate a superheroic uniform for herself inspired by this new Superman and the legends of Gotham's Batman and other heroes. This uniform is a reinforced experimental polymer thus far capable of withstanding the stresses of her movement even at top speed for extended periods, but it breathes well enough that she does not become over-heated. Its properties as armor are as yet undetermined.

Her boots and gloves contain small compartments for basic necessities on the go, like powerbars for energy, small change for the occasional payphone, et cetera. Her visor helps to mask her facial features and helps protect her eyes when her Speed Force aura is not enough.

Personality:

Jessi Allen is a dichotomous individual. To say the least.

There are some who have constructed "roles" for themselves, altered mannerisms and conversational styles to differentiate between their activities when masked or unmasked.

Jessi, on the other hand, has had a second whole self thrust upon her, apparently born out of the extradimensional energies of the place Jessi calls "The Speed Force." Fortunately for her-- well, them --her two selves get along quite well, and rarely does the symbiosis break down into squabbling.

When she's going about the day-to-day of things, she's fidgety and nervous and tends to talk to herself. She doesn't get along well with humans, and even her cat Querl finds her tendency to stay shut up in her rundown apartment a little bewildering.

When she's The Flash, she's brash and outgoing, with a seeming compulsion to toss out random zingers and flirt with anything that moves. While she's hardly fearless while in costume, hardly the utter Girl Scout type of hero, she does have hidden reserves of courage that are only just now beginning to make themselves known.

History:

A native of Blue Valley, Nebraska, Jessi moved with her parents and brother to Keystone-Central at a young age. Gifted in multiple disciplines of science-- physics, chemistry, medicine-- Jessi more than made up in grades what she lacked in social skills.

Fast-tracked into a high-end research program into particle physics, Jessi found herself moving to Metropolis to work at their prestigious non-profit STAR-Labs on St. Martin's Island.

During the attack of The World Engine and Zod's ship, Jessi was so busy at work in the bowels of STAR-Labs that she was oblivious to the destruction being wrought in the nearby borough of New Troy.

Her brother, visiting to catch a Mammoths/Combines game, broke into the lab to make her aware of what was happening, to try and get her out into the mass evacuation...

...but at that moment, at the moment that her brother grabbed her arm, The Phantom Drives collided in the heart of New Troy and the resultant gravitational distortions and dimensional flux caused serious inter-continuum blowback amidst Jessi's experiments.

White light filled the laboratory, white light and golden lightning...

...and when the light cleared, her brother was nowhere to be found...

...and Jessi would never be the same. Either of her.

670350644_small.jpg
 
Last edited:
Green Arrow

tumblr_m8v791tAAC1re3lcoo1_1280.jpg


Green Arrow/Oliver Queen

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 195lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde

History:

As a young child Oliver idolized his hero Robin Hood and was said to be a natural archer, frequently practising with his bow and arrows. He was mildly traumatized the first time he accidentally killed an animal, but when his mother and father were mauled by lions in a tragic safari accident his hesitation to shoot cost them their lives. Afterwards he was raised by his uncle and eventually inherited the family fortune and business.Queen grew into a rich thrill-seeking drunken playboy with no real sense of responsibility or direction in his life. Everything changed when he fell off his boat in the middle of the ocean and washed ashore on the remote isolated Starfish Island, clutching a bow – a memento from a Robin Hood movie –
which he had used to keep himself afloat, where he was completely stranded. During
this time spent without food or shelter Queen developed his skills as a hunter to
survive and gained mastery over his bow. Having previously taken everything in his
life for granted, this experience taught him self-reliance and made him into a man. His second test of new character was the discovery of drug smugglers on the island
run by the ruthless international crime lord China White. Using his new skills, he
attacked and destroyed their heroin operation, then delivered them to the authorities before returning home. Realizing that he had found his destiny, he chose to use his abilities and resources as a crime-fighter. With a nickname coined by the press, he made it his mission to protect Star City. He fights with trick arrows that were designed to be non-lethal and normal arrows.

Personality:

Oliver Queen has a very dynamic personality. His passion and intensity make him strong, although he has always had difficulty finding direction in life. Born into wealth, he didn't need to work for most of what he had and was raised with very little responsibility. His experience on Starfish Island taught him self-reliance and showed him there was more to existence, giving him an outlet. He is seen as a thrill-seeker, fighting crime not for moral reasons but the sense of adventure.


Powers and Abilities
Acrobatics: He has displayed on many occasions that he is an expert in acrobatics, and often uses this skill while evading enemy fire.
Archery: Oliver Queen is perhaps the finest archer ever known. He claims to
be able to shoot 29 arrows per minute. He has a wide-variety of trick arrows, ranging from bola arrows to time-bomb arrows to his infamous boxing-glove arrow. In recent years he has used these arrows sparingly, preferring the time-tested simple arrow. Green Arrow has shown the ability to shoot an arrow down the barrel of a gun, pierce a drop of water as it leaves a tap, and shoot almost any part of the human body; although he aims only to wound and not kill when he shoots. He once shot two arrows down two different gun barrels while upside
down, in mid-flip while somersaulting off a building.
Martial Arts: He is proficient in several forms of hand-to-hand combat including Judo, Kickboxing and Karate. Proclaimed as a martial arts master, he has shown the ability to take on seven people at once. He spent several months dedicated to making himself a better fighter and trained with many of the world's finest martial arts teachers and even went through training from Natas, the same person who trained
Deathstroke.
Hunting: Archery is by far Oliver's preferred method of hunting however
the ability to hunt comes from years of training, patience and survival. He is
proficient enough in hunting to pursue a cougar without it ever noticing.
Swordsmanship: Ollie is also very proficient with a sword, though it is not
his preferred weapon of choice. He has deflected an incoming arrow with the sword he carries.
Aviation: He has some skill in flying different types of planes.

Equipment:

Recurve bow with a wide variety of arrows.​

This is the best I can do on my cellphone
 
Last edited:
I've amended mine to include explicit weaknesses and to clarify her mental state(s).

EDIT: Okay, I've tinkered in equipment and specified other abilities.
 
Last edited:
Green Arrow/Oliver Queen

It's not bad. I do have a few issues with it though. First it says it took his cure from batman about things such as the "arrow" cave, and "arrow" car. well right now Batman is pretty much an urban legend to Gotham so I don't see how that would be possible here.

And since we're just starting this universe Jason Todd isn't even thought of as such any mention of him should be removed.
 
I was considering where J'onn would have been during the whole Zod v. Earth/World Engine thing.

How about this?

J'onn was pulled across space/time by Dr. Erdel's experiment. However, Dr. Erdel's experiment happened now, in this time, rather that in the 1950's. And, the communications equipment he was experimenting with actually malfunctioned as a result of Zod's Phantom Drive spacecraft interfering with the subspace communication relay thing that Erdel was using.

This puts J'onn brand new on Earth at about the same time as Zod was defeated.

He has spent the time between then and now figuring things out and learning how and why things are the way they are.
 
Last edited:
I was considering where J'onn would have been during the whole Zod v. Earth/World Engine thing.

How about this?

J'onn was pulled across space/time by Dr. Erdel's experiment. However, Dr. Erdel's experiment happened now, in this time, rather that in the 1950's. And, the communications equipment he was experimenting with actually malfunctioned as a result of Zod's Phantom Drive spacecraft interfering with the subspace communication relay thing that Erdel was using.

This puts J'onn brand new on Earth at about the same time as Zod was defeated.

He has spent the time between then and now figuring things out and learning how and why things are the way they are.

Sounds good to me
 
Between this and Jessi's origin, this makes the Phantom Drives' colliding a rather world-changing pivotal event!

Not that it wasn't already, but you know, a unifying factor in this nascent universe. Like the "Big Bang" was in Milestone, or that sort of thing.

Anyway, I dig it.
 
Between this and Jessi's origin, this makes the Phantom Drives' colliding a rather world-changing pivotal event!

Not that it wasn't already, but you know, a unifying factor in this nascent universe. Like the "Big Bang" was in Milestone, or that sort of thing.

Anyway, I dig it.

I thought it might be kinda duplicating things, but after thinking on it some more, it just made sense.

Smallville had one too many meteor freaks, so we don't want to over do that.
 
Back
Top