Mail Order Treason (closed for raiguy)

feistyphoenix

The Goddess
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Posts
9,869
Taylor Carlson
Age: 20
H/W: 5’6” 115lbs
Occupation: Unemployed

Taylor was pretty, gorgeous even. She had fine features, a sweet smile, and a mane of thick red hair. But no one ever saw her like that, they only ever saw one thing when they looked at her: poor. Taylor was poorer than poor. She was destitute. She was also really desperate. She dreamed for years of moving up in life, of having a place of her own and a good job. She even wanted a family of her own, if a man would ever have her. But those things seemed so out of reach for her.

Taylor had been told that she was too old to live at the orphanage anymore, and given a list of places that might hire a girl like her. She was expected to get a job and leave as soon as possible. She had a week to figure it out before she’d be out on the street. Taylor visited every business and person on the list and had found nothing. No one would even talk to her. She sighed as she entered the ultra modern internet café in the downtown area of Vancouver. She had been coming here to apply for work online and check on emails but nothing was ever there. She clicked through the job website and didn’t see anything she qualified for. She sighed again in exasperation.

Taylor clicked the familiar ad that took her to a personals site and she read through the first few on the page. She did this for a laugh and to get her mind off her life.

“What the hell is a BBW?” she said under her breath.

Some of the ads were relatively innocent and others had so many acronyms she didn’t even know what they were talking about. She had been considering an idea for a few days, not sure if she would ever be able to go through with it or not. Taylor thought if she married middle class she would have more opportunities than she had now. And it might, no scratch that, it would definitely make her happy.

Early the next morning she went back to the cafe and did some research. She needed a husband but didn't want to take the risk of meeting someone through the personals site. Taylor was a little naive but she wasn't reckless. After filling out the application she needed, she hit send. While she was applying for jobs a response came through. Her heart lifted, maybe this was her chance to get out and start over. She might actually have a shot at a normal life. This was a calculated career move.

She smoothed her hair back and went to the address listed in the email for the interview. It was an unassuming office building, with a pretty girl at the front desk.

"Hi, my name is Taylor. I was told to come here during the day for an interview, the email didn't specify a time," she was a little nervous and her voice showed it.

"Take a seat Taylor, Betsy will be right with you," the blonde smiled and gestured to the row of chairs along the wall.

"Thank you," this time she exuded confidence. She walked with her head held high and sat down before blowing out a silent breath of relief. She nervously bounced her leg slightly as she waited.
 
Last edited:
Name: Brett Harris
Age: 29
H/W: 6’2” 225lb
Occupation: Government computer specialist



Brett sat at the computer, pouring over the data. He rarely slept when in data dump mode, and this was one such case. If everything was right, which it generally was with him, then he knew that he needed someone else to complete this target. He sighed, pushing himself back from his desk. The three monitors immediately went black, as he rubbed his eyes behind his glasses. The carefully constructed image he had set up was all for shit, it seemed. Without an escort, and one that would clear security, he would be doomed to sit out on the all-important social functions that would allow him to further his plans.

He moved back to his desk, the monitors immediately coming back to life. Without thinking about it, he moved through his encryption process, knowing that it would keep out anyone snooping about indefinitely. He moved through the normal sites, before laughing at himself. With his money, his image, and his job security, it should be easy to find a wife, yet he knew it would be harder than some of his old “assignments”.

After coming up empty with his usual methods, he paused to think for a minute, before moving to an ad site. Usually these ad sites would post pictures of the women they were offering as mail order brides. He could get a description, their location, and keep a middleman around to make sure that he never appeared in the transaction. He had enough money spread out around the world that it would be easy to purchase any of the brides that these sites had, but he needed to find someone he was interested in, who would be able to help further his plans.

After coming up empty, he sighed, before placing tracking programs on the two promising sites, to let him know when new women became available. He needed to find a woman, and fast, as the first social event was less than four months away. If he missed that event, it would be nearly six months before the next one was held.
 
Last edited:
Betsy was a slightly overweight but friendly woman, with jet black hair and piercing green eyes. She got the email from the young lady named Taylor and decided to invite her for an interview. She already had a couple of clients in mind for her, if Taylor was as pretty as Betsy hoped she would be.

**

"She's ready for you now," the front desk girl said brightly across the room to Taylor.

"Okay, thank you," Taylor smiled and tried to appear confident. She wasn't even sure this insane plan was going to work but she had to try.

The girl led Taylor down the hallway and to a simply furnished office with a dark cherry wood door. She opened it and Taylor saw an attractive brunette behind the desk.

"Good morning Taylor, please sit down and we can get started," Betsy said to her warmly.

Taylor just nodded and took a seat, hearing the door click closed behind her.

They talked informally for a few minutes before Betsy asked her to stand up and turn slowly, Taylor complied without complaint. She figured a physical evaluation would be part of the process.

"Let's get you into some nicer clothes, and put on a little makeup before we take your picture. Once that is done your ad will go live tomorrow," Betsy smiled. She could work with this girl, she was very pretty and would be in high demand. Which meant Betsy could charge a hell of a lot to place her.

Taylor sat in a makeup chair and let Betsy fuss with her before she took her to the biggest dressing room Taylor had ever seen. Clothes were picked out and then she was ushered into another room where Betsy took her photo from a few different angles.

"Taylor, you are a natural," Betsy was boosting her confidence.

"Thank you," she half smiled and Betsy snapped another photo.

Afterwards they sat and talked a little while longer, about what Taylor wanted in a man and how she came to the decision to become a mail order bride. Not that it mattered, but Betsy liked to make the girls feel like she cared about their best interests and not just the paycheck.

Taylor left feeling very happy, and positive about her decision. Betsy wrote the ad quickly, edited the pictures and posted it on the website at 8pm. She had several inquiries the next day when she got to the office at 9. Taylor would be a very profitable girl.
 
Last edited:
An alert woke Brett from his sleep. He looked up at the computer screens, squinting as they turned on. He immediately noticed that that the trace he had placed on one of the sites was letting him know that there were new women available to look at. He smiled slightly. This might end up working, or it could end up that he ended up waiting another few days.

He clicked through his program, finding the few new faces among the older pictures. The first two girls he immediately cast aside. While most men would consider them beautiful, they had a distinctly foreign look, which would completely ruin his plans, as they would forever be considered security liabilities.

He finally narrowed the seven new girls down to two. There was a pretty brunette, had the looks, but seemed to be lacking the intelligence he needed. His co-workers would call her stacked, but beyond that, there was nothing she offered.

The other, a stunning redhead was more his type. She had the innocent look that he seemed to portray at work, but her eyes seemed to scream intelligence to him. He knew that he could use her as bait, or as another type of tool for what he had planned.

He read her info, Taylor Carlson, 20, good height and weight. The physical match between the two would work. He encrypted a message, sending it as a potential buyer, to the woman who ran the ad site. He smiled at the coded messages, requesting "Models", when in fact it was a mail order bride site.

He sat back and waited, knowing that his offer, while low for the average cost of a human life nowadays, at least by government standards, was much higher than the quoted price.
 
Last edited:
Taylor's finely tuned biological clock woke her the next morning at 7:15. She showered, dressed, and then took the train downtown to walk around and search yet again for a job. She wasn't sure if the mail order thing would pan out so she had to keep trying.

Around noon she headed for the cyber cafe again to check her email. Shockingly enough Betsy had asked her to come in as soon as she could, apparently someone had offered almost triple what her posted ad originally stated. Taylor was floored.

"Wow," she said under her breath as she headed for Betsey's office. She felt giddy and excited. A new life and a bright future could await!

The blonde at the front desk waved her back as soon as she walked in the door.

"No one has ever paid this much before," she whispered as she ushered Taylor back to the same office as the day before.

Taylor sat in front of the desk and Betsy came rushing in after a moment. Taylor smoothed her hands over her faded thrift store jeans and tried to keep her composure. She reminded herself that it could be a dud, the guy could be horrible, a jerk, or any number of things that she wouldn't want. She promised herself if he was normal she would give it a shot.

"Well dear, I think this is the fastest placement I have ever had," Betsy smiled at the innocent naive girl.

"Tell me about him?" Taylor was very curious and excited.

Betsy explained to her that he was a few years older than she was but the age difference wouldn't present a problem, he had a high paying job, lived in Washington DC, had horrible luck with women and wanted to start a family. When Betsy said he thought this way was his last chance Taylor almost cried. He needed someone just as badly as she did. DC was really far away but she could get used to it. Vancouver only held bad memories for her. When Betsy asked her if she would accept the placement Taylor couldn't shake her head yes fast enough.

"Great, you can leave tomorrow if you want. Or if you need more time..." Betsy started.

"No, tomorrow is fine. I'll be ready," Taylor smiled and mentally started making a list of the things she would leave behind. Goodbye poor destitute orphanage!

She almost skipped to the train station she was so happy.
 
Brett was roused from his data dumping by another alert. It seemed that his offer for the woman had been accepted. He smiled tightly, before reading over everything that was needed. The offer came out to close to 3/4 of a million, but he knew that that was still a decent amount for what he wanted to do. Plus, if everything worked out, he could potentially end up making a bit of money, at least enough back for the payment.

As an added note, Brett asked the woman to check her incoming mail the day before the nonstop flight he scheduled his new bride to come to DC on. He had a necklace that he ordered coming through Vancouver, and this would be an easier way to make sure the locket arrived. He asked the woman in charge, Betsy, to give his future wife the necklace before she left, and that he would be waiting at the airport for her.

After sending the reply, he quickly wire transferred the money from one of his offshore account, before sitting down and rerouting the shipment of the necklace. Once he knew it would arrive before the flight could take off, and that his future wife would have it, he settled back, before making sure that his secondary plan was also ready to go.

He planned to make sure that this went off the exact way he wanted it to. If it did, it meant that he could move forward, and would end up having that extra piece for his plans, with the ability to alter what was needed as necessary.
 
Taylor didn't sleep at all. She sat by her window and looked out at the street, watching all the people going about their evening plans. A rain shower passed over around 7 and she was reminded how much she loved the city in the rain. The way the steam rose off the pavement and the smell of the ocean air. She cried a little but she didn't know why. She didn't have any friends, and her life was going nowhere until today. Now she had something to look forward to.

She was tired when she woke up the next morning. Betsy had told her to come back to the office at 2 and her flight was leaving at 7. She yawned and spent most of the morning lounging. It wasn't like she had money to go do anything and all of her belongings would fit into her one suitcase. She would likely throw them away when she got to DC anyway, they represented her old life. Oh how she wished she could go get a new outfit to wear!

She brushed her long hair out of her face and got ready to leave. She said her goodbyes and didn't look back. She felt an eerie peace about herself as she rode the train to the office.

Betsy took one look at her and told her they'd find her something to wear. She presented Taylor with a black velvet box.

"From him?" She was bewildered. No one had ever given her a gift before.

It contained an intricate locket

"It's beautiful," she breathed and whispered in shock.

She and Betsy picked out a fitted pair of black pants for her to wear. They hugged her athletic legs just right, they were almost leggings but a nicer material. And then they found a strappy top that matched the blue in the locket. It was low cut enough to show off Taylor's figure but not enough that it screamed "slut". She felt like a new person, she almost was a new person. She was getting married.

Betsy had a few last minute preparations to take care of so she left Taylor to do her own makeup. She didn't really know where to start. There was a huge volume of it so she just stuck to neutral colors. She didn't like feeling like a porcelain doll.

After she was ready Betsy put her in a black town car and sent her to the airport with her ticket and all the documents she needed in hand. She even had a passport, with a fake name. Taylor shrugged, must have been the only way to get her out of the country this fast. She also had instructions to take a sedative as soon as the plain was taxing down the runway. She would sleep for almost the whole flight and wake up rested about a half an hour before landing in DC.

Her jaw dropped as she took her first class seat. She sure looked like she belonged up here, but she didn't feel like it. She declined the offer of an alcoholic beverage and took her pill before drifting off into a restful dreamless sleep.
 
Brett tapped the security cameras for the airports in Vancouver, finally finding where Taylor would be. He had committed her appearance and information to memory, and finding her with the cameras was relatively easy. He made sure to get pictures of her with the locket walking into the airport, and then walking to the terminal her flight was scheduled for.

After verifying that she was on the flight, Brett got the suitcase model she had picked out, before loading the device into it. It wasn't big enough to do much damage, but it would put everyone on alert for the time being. He figured she would throw her stuff away as soon as she arrived at the airport in DC, to get rid of her old life. From there, it would be easy to make sure he had her.

After taking care of the drop off, picking up a sandwich, and grabbing a few tools he needed to finish a craft of his, Brett sat down at his desk, one monitor showing the flight data, while starting another data dump on the second. The third had cameras for Dulles, to make sure that he would catch Taylor with the necklace in DC.

After several hours, an alarm beeped, signalling for Brett that it was time to head to the airport. He straightened his clothes, quickly putting the facade that was his business life on, as he made his way to his car. The government stickers guaranteed a close place to park near the terminal he needed to pick his future wife up in. On the way to the airport, Brett bought Taylor flowers as well, to make sure that she forgot about her bag.

Finally, Brett stood at the terminal, looking to all the world like a man waiting for his beloved to return. He knew that this was how he needed to look, as he waited for the plane to taxi in and for the passengers to start disembarking the plane.
 
Just as Betsy told her, Taylor woke up about 45 minutes before landing in DC. She brushed her teeth quickly in the bathroom before getting back to her seat and putting on her seat belt. For a first time flyer she thought she handled the whole trip really well. She wasn't overwhelmed by the size of the airport as she departed her gate, her future was waiting for her.

The man holding the sign with her name on it couldn't be him. He was incredibly good looking. Way too good looking to need a mail order bride. She walked confidently to him, noticing how much taller he was even though she was wearing heels. He was holding flowers, she wondered if he was a romantic at heart. She smiled slowly, a little shyness showing through.

"I'm Taylor, are you..." she started to say but the way he smiled almost made her heart stop.
 
Brett nodded, a shy smile appearing on his face. "I'm Brett. It's nice to meet you," he said softly, before awkwardly extending the flowers towards her. He couldn't let her know how cold he truly was, not yet. Instead, he smiled again as Taylor took the flowers, before moving to stand next to her.

"Did you have a nice flight? I hope everything was to your liking. I tried to make sure Betsy knew to get a first class ticket, and to make sure that the flight went okay," he said, his voice a little hurried. He had started to walk as he talked to her, his hand on the small of her back gently guiding her back to his car. He knew she might remember the bag, but he decided to completely divert her attention from it.

"I have two questions I need to ask you. Did you like the necklace? My other question is, would you like to appear at the courthouse now, and get married?" he asked, blushing slightly and seeming to be a shy, almost innocent computer geek, much like he was at work. One of the perks of the missions he used to do was that no one knew his past history, so everyone just assumed he was the awkwardly shy computer geek in a government office.

He guided them out of the terminal, making sure to keep her moving and thinking about something else. He got to the baggage claim, and then when searching for her luggage, he came back with a sad face. "It seems like your bag was lost," he said, before suddenly smiling. "We can go shopping if you'd like," he added, knowing that at least 97% of women would suddenly leap at the chance of an all expenses paid shopping trip, as they walked out of the terminal to customs.
 
Taylor smiled warmly back at him, as he moved next to her she felt butterflies. She felt really lucky, she hadn't asked Betsy about what he looked like because she expected an average or sub average looking guy. Not that she was shallow, but she considered this a business transaction. Seeing him like this just blew all of her expectations out of the water.

She took the flowers he offered and looked up at him, "thank you," she breathed quietly. She was in awe of how well this was turning out.

She was absorbing all of this newness, and Brett's charm was working on her something fierce. She barely registered that he had asked her questions.

"I love the necklace," she said brightly touching it gently in appreciation and beaming at him. She considered his next question carefully. The contract she signed made it clear that upon acceptance the marriage was to take place within 3 days. She didn't see the point in making him wait, they would probably get along just fine and he seemed completely normal.

"We can go now, if you like," her smile turned a little shy as she thought about what he would expect when they were alone together. Taylor was inexperienced but not virginal. She had a lot to learn but she did know a few things.

She was a little sad when he said her bag was gone but since she had planned to throw everything out when she got a chance to get some new things it didn't upset her too much. She was floored when he offered to take her shopping.

"Um, okay. I guess if you want to we could. I don't need very much," she said quietly.
 
Brett just shrugged. "I'm going to take care of you, and that means making sure you have enough to wear, or whatever else you could need," he said, before nodding to the customs officer as everything cleared, like he knew it would. Once through the lobby, he guided them towards the private government lots, before smiling as he opened the door to a GT-R. It had been the one thing he actually wanted to buy, as a frivolous purchase. He had had it customized just a bit, to have more trunk space than normal, as well as to get a little bit better gas mileage.

Once Taylor was in, Brett slid into the driver's seat, before backing out and heading towards the courthouse. He thought about it for a minute, before asking her, while sitting at a light, "Would you like to tell me a little bit about yourself? I can do the same, and then we should probably be at the courthouse, and ready to make this official," he said, blushing slightly and looking ahead nervously.

Without breaking character, Brett took the expected phone call, once they were several miles from Dulles. He knew that the suitcase he had replaced Taylor's with would be tagged as a biohazard, possibly even a terrorist act, when it was found that a canister containing several different strains of highly infectious, highly dangerous illnesses was inside the suitcase. It had no way of being recognized, and the only way would be when Brett dropped a key piece of information. Now, everything was set to make sure that Taylor either helped him, or died.
 
Taylor sat in the seat stiffly, she'd never been in a car this nice before. She felt like she didn't belong. She just folded her hands in her lap, unsure of what she should do. The only thing she had now was her purse since her bag was lost. Oh well.

She looked at him as he spoke, admiring the way he relaxed into the seat and looked like he belonged there. She couldn't believe she was marrying someone like him. He was the best looking guy she'd ever been with, for sure.

"There isn't very much to tell. I was dropped off at an orphanage as a newborn and lived there until yesterday. I went to public school, made good grades, but didn't have the money to play any sports or the opportunity to go to college even though I wanted to," a thought occurred to her and she blurted it out without thinking, "Are we getting married in street clothes?"

Her hand flew to her mouth, "I'm sorry that was rude. I just thought maybe we'd want to make it seem like a real wedding. Not that it isn't but...well...you know what i mean, right?"

She hoped he didn't think she was an idiot.
 
Brett smiled at Taylor's awkwardness. This was working out better than he thought. He paused to think for a minute, before answering what she said. "We can go shopping now, and get a dress and suit, and whatever else you would need or want, including more clothes, and then toiletries, and other things," he said, smiling awkwardly, trying to relieve the tension.

Making adjustments, Brett turned towards the shopping district in DC, happy that it wasn't too late. "I was also an orphan. I bounced from house to house, before finally filing for my independence at age 16. From there, my computer skills showed through, and I ended up getting the job I have shortly after completing some training," he said, before pulling up to a store.

"We can get designer brands, or we can go to the larger department stores. It's up to you," he said, wanting to draw her in more than she already was. He parked the car, and waited to see what she would want to do.
 
"I've never been shopping anywhere except a thrift store before," she said quietly feeling extremely embarrassed now.

She looked down away from him, not wanting to see his reaction. He was an orphan too, at least they had that in common.

"Wherever you want to go is fine," she added equally as quietly. She reached for the door and got out, tears springing to her eyes and she blinked them away. She felt so out of place with him but supposed she would eventually get used to it. This is what she wanted after all. Maybe after they got more comfortable together she would ask him about college classes.

After Taylor got her emotions in check she turned to him again, waiting for him to make a decision.
 
Brett watched Taylor climb out of the car after hearing what she said. He followed her, but wasn't sure what to do. Even without the facade, he didn't know what to do to help, or if he even wanted to. He sighed as he slid out of the car, before clicking the lock button, setting the alarm.

After catching up with Taylor, Brett smiled. "We will just go in and get someone who will take care of you. I've never done this either, so we can do it together. Sound good?" he said, shifting awkwardly from foot to foot.

He had in fact been shopping in these stores before, and knew his suit measurements perfectly, but he needed Taylor to calm down so that they could start moving again, and get to the point where they could actually start with the plan.
 
"Lead the way," she said as she smiled, giving no indication of her insecurity.

She realized again as he stood close to her that he was very tall, much taller than she was and she liked it very much. He smelled good too, she found more and more things about him that attracted her and they walked together. She didn't speak though, she just waited for him to lead the conversation.

Taylor was always an observer, even as a child. She loved to watch people, and look out the window, or just simply be in a place and absorb the feel of it. And that is what she did now, as she walked around DC with her husband to be. She just absorbed the city; the shops, the sounds, the smell, and the feel. It was very different from Vancouver. And she was thrilled that she discover that she liked what she saw and felt. Taylor knew she would be comfortable living here.
 
Brett lead them into a boutique, before smiling as a saleswoman came up to them. He smiled to her disarmingly, before looking at Taylor. "My wife to be needs a new wardrobe. We need everything, and I need you to make sure that she will be comfortable, as well as look her best. I'll let you handle it, while I wait here," he said, before turning to Taylor.

"If you see anything that jumps at you, please let her know. I want you to have the confidence to pick out your own things, and you also need to pick out a dress for later," he said, before snapping his fingers. "I'm going to go get a suit actually, that way we don't have to wait any longer," he said with a smile, before awkwardly leaning in and kissing her cheek.

He stepped out before she could say anything, walking down the street to a men's clothing store. He smiled as he stepped in, nodding to a man on the floor. As the man walked over, Brett thought. "I need a brand new suit. Two buttons, fit perfectly, with a vest and tie that are able to go with most any color. I also need new shoes and a watch," he said, knowing the store had everything.

He stepped to the fitting area, before quickly telling the man his measurements, only to have them verified. In short order, he had his suit assembled, and the new watch he wanted picked out, as well as a complimentary pair of very nice cuff links. He stepped off the stand, before nodding to the man. "Thank you. If you have a bag, I'll put my things in it and wear the suit out," he said, before stepping to the register after getting his things in a bag. He quickly paid, leaving a generous tip, and then headed back to where Taylor was.

He stepped in, before smiling at the cashier. "How goes everything?" he asked.

"Edith will take good care of your fiancee. Just sit back and relax. By the way, very smart suit," the cashier said, as Brett sat in one of the comfortable chairs, waiting for Edith to finish up with Taylor.
 
Edith walked the shy Taylor around the store showing her different things. Taylor tried hard to focus on the clothes themselves instead of the cost but it was weighing heavily on her mind.

She was fitted for undergarments and picked a variety of things that would work with any outfit she was wearing. She then looked at the pile and demanded that Edith take back almost half of it.

"I don't need that much," she said defiantly and shook her head.

When she told Edith she needed a white or cream dress to get married in the salseswoman almost fell over herself pulling out a rack of nothing but white, cream, and blush cocktail dresses and full length gowns.

Taylor immediately dismissed the idea of a long dress. This was a courthouse wedding, not a big ceremony. She tried on three and picked a high necked lace dress, in off white. The back was what she loved, it dipped low to the small of her back and accentuated her tapered waist. It was sleeveless for the warmer May weather and delicate to suit the occasion.

Once the important things were done Taylor just wandered the store picking out various things that she liked. She had a lot of fun with the shoes, she had always liked pretty shoes. She checked the clock and guessed it wouldn't be very long before her husband to be came back. So she excused herself to put on the lace dress again and pin back some of her hair. She hoped Brett liked the dress as much as she did. She slid on some nude heels and Edith brought her a pair of sapphire earrings.

"For your something blue," she said gently, smiling.

Taylor beamed.

"Thank you, for everything," her voice was stronger and more confident now. She was ready. She slipped the earrings in and heard the door chime. Brett must be back.

She took one long look at herself, smoothed her dress down, and took a deep breath before turning and walking out to see him.
 
Last edited:
Brett rolled his shoulders slowly, before pulling out his phone. He scrolled through the news sites, smiling as he saw that the airport security had found the device, but couldn't link it to anyone. He now knew that he had Taylor whether she liked it or not. The only question was, would she be smart enough to play along, or would he have to find another dump site around the city for her.

While Taylor was getting helped by Edith, Brett smiled, before looking around. He remembered the color of the necklace perfectly. He looked at the cashier, before standing. "I would like to buy my fiancee a bracelet to match the necklace I gave her. It is the color of a sapphire, but I don't want a sapphire bracelet. I want something elegant, yet sleek and simple," he said, thinking about it. He knew that it might look like he was buying her affection, but he also knew that the bracelet would serve another purpose if she decided to play along.

"We have something just like that," the lady said, before turning and moving into the back room. She came out with a wrapped package, before setting it on the glass counter.

"A woman came in and ordered this from our main site, and then never came to pick it up. We ended up refunding the money, but we still had the bracelet to try and sell," she said, while unwrapping it.

Brett smiled, before looking at the bracelet. His smile got even bigger as he realized that the bracelet would match the necklace perfectly, and was simple, yet elegant, much like Taylor. Brett nodded, before pulling out his wallet.

"How much is the bracelet?" he asked, pulling out a black card.

"You have it covered if you have that," the cashier said with a laugh. Brett just shrugged as he handed her the card, before re-wrapping the bracelet and slipping it into a suit pocket. He looked up when the cashier cleared her throat, before turning to see Taylor. Even if she was a pawn in his plan, he had to admit that she was stunningly beautiful.

"You, my dear, look more beautiful and radiant than any woman I have ever seen," he said, realizing it was probably the truth. She didn't have the jaded look most models had, yet there was a freshness, an innocence about her that he knew would be invaluable to him if she went along with his plan. He took her hand softly, before awkwardly smiling at her. "I was thinking about it, and wanted to compliment something with the necklace, so I got you this," he said, before slipping a hand into his coat and pulling the bracelet out, sliding it slowly onto her wrist.

He stepped back, seeing Edith walking towards them with several bags of clothing. He smiled, before motioning her over. "No matter what she said, make sure everything is sent with us," he said, blushing slightly.

"Oh honey, trust me, I did," Edith said with a slightly predatory smile. Brett just nodded, before handing her his card, and then holding his arm out to Taylor to escort her to the counter for their purchases.
 
Taylor smiled when he turned around. He was incredibly polished and handsome, she felt a growing excitement knowing that she was going to marry him. He was damn near perfect. She almost shivered as he slipped the bracelet on her delicate wrist, his fingers gently brushed her skin and she looked up at him.

"Thank you, for everything," Taylor said quietly. His eyes almost sparkled at her. She was looking forward to the rest of her life.

The next ten minutes were a blur as they loaded everything into the car and headed to the courthouse, Taylor felt slightly guilty that she spent so much money but her husband to be waved it off like the money didn't matter.

He must have more than she originally thought. Betsy had said that he had paid almost triple what she asked for Taylor. She was starting to wonder why. Was he just desperate? He didn't give off that vibe. Truthfully he was very hard to read. Taylor sensed he was a good man but there was definitely something behind his slight awkwardness that she found intriguing.

The car was parked and Taylor took a deep breath before getting out and looking at the monstrous building.

"Shall we?" she smiled at Brett as he came around the back of the car to stand at her side. She started worrying about what he would want and expect when they got back to his place. She was his wife after all, would he let her take her time and get comfortable with him before getting physical or would he want her as soon as they got in the door?

Taylor pushed the thoughts aside. Don't over think, she reminded herself internally.
 
Brett enjoyed the attention being on someone else. Normally at work it was all on him, as he was stuck with the harder tasks. He usually cracked, them, taking longer than he actually would, but knowing that he couldn't be an absolute computer genius without drawing suspicions. Instead, he tried to fly slightly under the radar, much like he was doing here. He had the money to spend, it took pressure off him, and it endeared him to Taylor, so it appeared to be a win-win for him.

After paying nearly six figures for the clothing, Brett shuttled everything out to the car, happy he had made a few modifications to it. While the dimensions were the same on the outside, the car was made of a metal alloy that was almost as light as what the body was normally made of, but it was thinner, and allowed nearly a foot of extra room in the storage compartment. It also meant that the car was sturdier, and safer for him when he needed to move around DC quicker than most.

After everything was loaded, Brett climbed into the car after helping Taylor in, before driving quickly to the courthouse. He wasn't nervous, but he had to appear to be. He was, after all, the awkward geek who wasn't able to get the girls the normal ways.

"We shall," he said with a small smile, before sliding Taylor's arm through his as he escorted her through the doors of the courthouse. It didn't take long, having already arranged for this ceremony, and after a quick procession, Taylor and Brett stood in front of the judge, before it was announced that they were indeed now married.

Brett leaned in and awkwardly kissed Taylor, before smiling as they signed their marriage license and left it with the judge to file. He turned to Taylor, before smiling shyly. "Well, wife, are you ready to go to our home?" he asked.
 
Taylor couldn't believe it happened so fast. She wasn't sure how women normally felt when they promised their life to another but she'd never been so excited and hopeful in her life. When he kissed her gently it sent a current through her, it thrilled her body. She wondered how it felt to him.

As he addressed her after they signed the marriage license she grinned, knowing what he wanted.

"I'm ready if you are," she said mischievously.

They walked hand in hand to the car and Taylor couldn't help but rise up as far as she could to kiss his cheek again before she got in the passenger seat. For the first time in her life she was happy.
 
Brett shrugged everything off as he walked around to the driver's side after helping Taylor into the car. He now had the cover, and could start moving forward. Social functions weren't a place where he was looked at oddly for attending them without a date. He rolled his neck before sighing and putting a smile on.

"Lets go home then," he said, before pulling out of their parking space and heading towards his house. He didn't actually live in DC, instead he lived in Georgetown, in a nice home. It had all the room he would need, as well as a three car garage, two levels, a basement, and then a secret room that wasn't in the blueprints. That had been the kicker to the deal. It allowed him to house everything that he would ever need for what he wanted to do at one time, without anyone knowing. It also afforded the luxury of being a few steps away.

He smiled as he shifted through the gears, heading towards their house. Everything was looking up, and he smiled, before looking at Taylor and blushing. Once they were within a couple blocks from the home, he pulled over. "There's something I want to talk to you about. It's been a while since I was last intimate with a woman, and I kind of got burned from it. We have only known each other for a few hours. Would it be okay if we went into this slowly? I have a bed made up in another room for you, but I just wanted to make sure it was okay with you, so that we weren't rushing into things, and letting them build by themselves," he said, stuttering a few times as he tried to compose himself. He was blushing furiously by the end of it as he waited for Taylor's response.
 
Taylor was confused when Brett pulled the car over. And she looked at him compassionately when he explained his situation.

"Of course that's okay, I'd prefer it actually," she smiled gently and put her hand reassuringly over his. Inwardly she was determined to win him over. He smiled and put the car back in gear and continued to the house.

Taylor's eyes went wide as they pulled up the winding drive.

"It's beautiful," she breathed. She was actually going to live in a whole house and not just a room anymore. It was like a fairy tale.

They got out of the car after it was in the garage and Taylor helped Brett carry the bags inside. The inside of the house was even more beautiful than Taylor imagined. She just wandered around looking at everything and enjoying the views out of every window. She was sure Brett thought she was nuts but she didn't care, she was in awe.
 
Back
Top