One of my kids got his drink spiked on Sat night....

I'm glad it worked out ok and he must really love his sister not wanting to spoil her party by being rushed to an emergency room...nice to let her come home at 7;30 am

He didn't get upset about wrecking her night till he emerged from sedation on Sunday.
I told him she didn't get home till after 7-30am and had a great time, and not to worry. (I was the one who told her on the phone to stay out with her friends when she initially called me when the ambulance came for my son - no point in her sitting around at the hosp unless it became really serious. In any case, there was nothing she could have done, and I was going to the hosp anyway.)
 
I hope he has ambulance cover, they tried to slug me $1900 for a 10 minute ride under lights and sirens when I had my heart attack that wasn't a heart attack. (I had cover that just had my member number wrong.)

In Tassie, ambulances are free. Paid for by our taxes.
That may change..... they were talking about putting us in line with the rest of Oz, and then we'd need insurance (costs around $50/year for ambulance cover).
 
Aaah, that's good. In Queensland they add it onto your electricity bill so everyone has it which is a good idea I think. Here in Melbourne you can get it with your private health insurance (sometimes) or pay the membership, or get a huge bill.

When we lived in WA, I made sure we always had cover. Moved to Tas and got a massive surprise when told 'no charge' after needing one the first week!
I had never heard of such a thing!
 
Back
Top