Why Porn? Why Not Erotica? Why Erotica? Why Not Porn?

Sorry, people from Boston and New York have weird sense of humors. What I wrote about receiving my MFA from Literotica was my attempt at levity. I apologize for confusing you.

Now, as far as trouble, well, you'd have to know those who start all the shit around here. I won't mention names but we all know who they are. Yet, when someone continues to call me a man, when I'm a woman, I deem that as throwing shit.

No problem, I got the humor there:D

Gender? With, I think, something like 50 genders now available according to the latest PC article I read, I think we can pick whatever we want to be. I'm just wondering if that count includes furries.
 
Of course Jimbo knows absolutely zip about university writing programs.
 
You can train monkeys and dogs to do lots of things.

Of course, you can train someone to write technically, or for business, or legally but creatively? I don't think so.


Writing is a technical skill, and it can be taught. There are many creative, imaginative story-tellers on Lit. who can't write worth a damn. They can be helped, if that's what they want.

What can't be taught are insight, creativity, and imagination.
 
Last edited:
What can't be taught are insight, creativity, and imagination.

Insight, however, can be honed and trained by throwing experience at it. Imagination can be developed this way too (if the person has some ability in absorbing it). I'd say that creativity can be developed as well by exercising it and opening yourself to exploring.
 
Insight, however, can be honed and trained by throwing experience at it. Imagination can be developed this way too (if the person has some ability in absorbing it). I'd say that creativity can be developed as well by exercising it and opening yourself to exploring.

I hadn't thought of it that way but yes. I'm thinking of my own experience here. When I started I was hopeless at coming up with a plot. I had no idea and just dived in with a vague idea of what I wanted to write about. So now that I've learnt a few basics, I'm working much more on thinking thru my stories and actually plotting them and yes, that it is helping me develop my creativity in terms of the stories I write.
 
Back
Top