How dumb can some people be?

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
Got two e-mails through feedback this morning from readers telling me one of my stories has been published by another author with the same exact title and word for word.

Here's the person and story in question, although seeing one reader reported it and I did as well it may not last long.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=4128285&page=submissions

I don't understand how anyone thinks they will get away with this doing it to anybody, but in my case I was one of the bigger names in I/T from 2011 to last year when I stopped posting stories here.

One odd thing to note is the only thing changed is the tag line which is a few words from the opening sentence. They changed that, but nothing else?

You can set low bars for brains, but people keep slinking under them.

I've had some of my stories posted on xhamster as someone else's work.

They left my copyright notice note at the beginning of 'their' work.

I guess I should be flattered that at the time I saw it this morning it had an H :rolleyes:

I think it's been terminated

It was up the morning after the thread, but went away sometime after that. Myself, Ogg and according to the comments several readers reported it.

You'd think if they were going to lift something they'd at least be smart enough to put it on another site.

It was up the morning after the thread, but went away sometime after that. Myself, Ogg and according to the comments several readers reported it.

You'd think if they were going to lift something they'd at least be smart enough to put it on another site.

Probably our resident 419-er. :rolleyes:

From "the Register":-

This week, meet "Norman" who just last year took a frankly astounding support call at the law firm where he then worked.

"One of my users called to complain about her upgrade from an old desktop to a new laptop."

"She had been promised an improvement in speed as well as the added functionality of it being portable," Norman told The Register. "She was now fuming and could not fathom the portability aspect of it."

Norman asked what was awry and was told "It barely fits in my bag and is completely unwieldy."

Which didn't sound at all like the experience of using a modern laptop, so Norman asked a few probing tech support questions.

"It turned out that the user had been literally unplugging everything from below the monitor and trying to take that home," Norman told us. "Even the additional battery pack and docking station, which were so heavy it was ridiculous."

"Stifling a giggle I explained that the laptop was portable and could be used by itself, without all of those peripherals."

That very sensible advice elicited a response to the effect that if Norman was so smart, why couldn't he explain how the user would get on without a keyboard and mouse.

At this point Norman was unable to resist being just a little narky.

"There is a hinge at the back of the laptop," he explained, "and if you open it up, all will be revealed."

Norman told us the user laughed derisively again, then went very quiet. Next came an awed whisper to the effect that "ohhhh …. There's a keyboard in there…".

"I lost it at that point, made my excuses and hung up," Norman told us.

"I've been working on service desks for 20 years and never, ever had I considered that in 2017 that could happen!"

Never underestimate the power of human lust, greed or stupidity.

Glad you caught it.

Actually I wouldn't have, a reader was nice enough to e-mail me because he recognized it. Going by the comments many did, guess its a compliment.

Greed on a free site is hard to understand:confused:

Actually I wouldn't have, a reader was nice enough to e-mail me because he recognized it. Going by the comments many did, guess its a compliment.

Greed on a free site is hard to understand:confused:

You'd think it would be possible to check for duplicate stories, a general search, so to speak.

Anyway, it strikes me that the desire to seem important (powerful/wise/talented/etc) falls under either lust or greed. The anonymity of the Net feeds that, sadly.

I think Chloe has some 20mm ammo left over, if you need help. :devil:

You'd think it would be possible to check for duplicate stories, a general search, so to speak.

Anyway, it strikes me that the desire to seem important (powerful/wise/talented/etc) falls under either lust or greed. The anonymity of the Net feeds that, sadly.

I think Chloe has some 20mm ammo left over, if you need help. :devil:

I have .50 caliber for my Desert Eagle. I'll let her hold onto it to deal with the 'real men' here.

I haven't worried about plagiarism for close to a decade. I have no idea if anyone has stolen my stories or not.

Back