The Official Author's Hangout 2015 Summer Lovin' Contest Support Thread

LOL Les is logged in through Firefox, which I only use for "dangerous" browsing most of the time, because it's locked down. All those locks and blocks make it annoying for day-to-day use, so he doesn't get much in the way of posting time.

Considering my track record, the odds are against me finishing it. A good example would be my Earth Day story, which finally posted a few minutes ago.

How's that for a subtle plug? LMAO

A good example would be my Earth Day story, which finally posted a few minutes ago.

How's that for a subtle plug? LMAO

Pssst, way too subtle! I have waded through your story lists but can't see an 'N' in there among all the Ws and Hs. Do us a favour and just pop in the link somewhere.
:rose:

It's always nice when a reader writes me and asks when I'm getting off my dead ass and writing something new. :eek:

You can just feel the love. :D

It's always nice when a reader writes me and asks when I'm getting off my dead ass and writing something new. :eek:

You can just feel the love. :D

I'll help you feel the love if you like. :devil:
<snerk>
(Well, I'll feel something ;) )

Well, there's good reason for that. It's not on my submissions list yet for some reason :confused:

Your publicly visible submissions list is usually the last to update, anything up to 24 hours after the story appears in your private list and on the New story list.

Your publicly visible submissions list is usually the last to update, anything up to 24 hours after the story appears in your private list and on the New story list.

I must have been getting lucky with the last few, as they've been there by the time I woke up the next morning.

How do you see the total number of votes a contest story has?

Assuming you didn't hack into the author's account and/or he/she didn't reveal it.

How do you see the total number of votes a contest story has?

Assuming you didn't hack into the author's account and/or he/she didn't reveal it.

Go to their story while it's still up on the New list in the category it's in, and hover your mouse over the star.
:)

Go to their story while it's still up on the New list in the category it's in, and hover your mouse over the star.
:)

The number of votes are also displayed on the "Last 30 days" portion of the "Top Lists" of the category hubs. It does help though, to have the score so you don't have to scroll through all the pages searching for a particular story.

I thought there must be some kind of list besides manually searching and crunching the numbers.

Anyway, thanks. :)

If they're off the new lists, votes are listed on all the top lists (30 days, year, and all time for both overall and each category) without hovering. It does help to know their approx score to narrow it down, then use CRT-f with part of their name or title to find them within the 50 that load on each page.

I still wonder if there's any way to view how many/who has marked me as a favorite author, other than recent activity, which no longer shows 'unfavoriting' and only goes back 30 days. I know about the favorites portal, but that has only a top list.

If they're off the new lists, votes are listed on all the top lists (30 days, year, and all time for both overall and each category) without hovering. It does help to know their approx score to narrow it down, then use CRT-f with part of their name or title to find them within the 50 that load on each page.

I still wonder if there's any way to view how many/who has marked me as a favorite author, other than recent activity, which no longer shows 'unfavoriting' and only goes back 30 days. I know about the favorites portal, but that has only a top list.
Try using these key words (as it is) in a Google search

site:literotica.com index : members : Favorites : Kethandra

Shows all member who have favourited you or your story. These keywords can be refined for a better and more relevant search. Ask Dark or Bramblethorn. They know better.

Try using these key words (as it is) in a Google search

site:literotica.com index : members : Favorites : Kethandra

Shows all member who have favourited you or your story. These keywords can be refined for a better and more relevant search. Ask Dark or Bramblethorn. They know better.

Thanks. Lol. First choice was my own favorited authors/stories, followed by -as you say - any page listing me or a story as a fav. I was hoping to find a list on the site but this definitely helps.

That will absolutely find some, but not all. I was never able to work out any sort of formula where the search results could be extrapolated out to approximate numbers, either.

The difference between the known numbers of top 250 authors vs. the search results varied by a ridiculous amount from author to author.

Maybe the results show up on more recent activity basis. It's easier for the crawlers, perhaps.

Going through another motivation drought. Can't even force myself to work on that easy story.

If that doesn't clear up soon, there's no way I'm finishing anything in time. Hoping it's just decompression from finally getting Blessing finished and posted.

Going through another motivation drought. Can't even force myself to work on that easy story.

If that doesn't clear up soon, there's no way I'm finishing anything in time. Hoping it's just decompression from finally getting Blessing finished and posted.

I'm sure it's just your mind clearing in readiness! Go easy on yourself. I am always easy ;) about these things.

The Piglet has landed! (staying with my sister for a few days). I am free! and can make snow angels in the laundry and write! I just have to rake the lawn, mow it, clean the bins, mark a couple of late assignments and my colleague's e-learning project, go on the Tutor Forum, go on the Students' Forum to answer their questions about referencing, go on my e-learning Forum ....

Whisky, whisky! I can drink all day today! :cathappy:

Worked on one story for a couple of hours last night, then realized it just wasn't gelling. Maybe it'll work for Halloween. Fortunately, I have a few others started that will work for summer, if I can finish them.

Went through a picture file last night and came up with three more summer lovin ideas. :eek:

fourteen pages and I finally got her on the damned bicycle. :eek:

Herding catz is easier. :rolleyes:

Back