Writing Challenge: 50 Words -- With a Twist

Gerbil - trapeze - wood

My wife never listens to me.

“I flew on a trapeze today.”

“That’s great, dear.”

“I broke a piece of wood in karate class today.”

“Wonderful, dear.”

“I think I want to try gerbil insertion.”

“My brother has some, I’ll call him for you.”

She heard that? And her brother?

Pecan - season - turbulence
 
Pecan - season - turbulence

The puddle jumper jolted throwing her bag of pecans across the floor. Emily hated turbulence, but this focused on what lay ahead. She concentrated, ran the inventory of her gear, prayed … twice. Caribou season started tomorrow, and this was a dream hunt. If she could survive the flight, that is.

Garlic - Grab - Slipper
 
garlic – grab – slipper

The debutante fled the ballroom. Picking up her skirts, she descended the staircase outside the palace, losing a slipper in her haste.

The prince was close behind, giving her no time to grab her shoe.

She had to get away. Another whiff of his garlic breath and she might wretch.

Plate – condemn – milkshake
 
Last edited:
Plate, condemn, milkshake.

Yes, it was good, there was no doubt about the facility shown on the photographic plate. He also was not one to condemn originality but the use of a milkshake for those purposes? He tilted his neck to get a better look; he was so out of date, he felt.

Fish, skyscraper, tug.
 
He wandered the tide pools looking for fish, little boy in a big, wet world. The afternoon sun cast his shadow across the sand like a skyscraper amidst the city smog, and for a moment he felt grown, too grown.

He ran to his mother, 'Can we get ice cream?'

She covered him with her sweet smile as he gave her hand a tug, and suddenly, reassuringly, he was five again.



ruffle - matches - trailer

(First effort, too many words. :eek:)
 
"Truffles, duffels, ruffles. Ruffled truffles in duffels... enough-els."

I chuckled as I put a match to my cigarette, glancing at the Sanitarium's long expanse of lawn down to the security trailer.

"Muffled truffles in a ruffled duffel..."

Nurse Calloway called out to me, "Doctor? Your group is waiting."

Elbow - nautical - cologne
 
"Truffles, duffels, ruffles. Ruffled truffles in duffels... enough-els."

I chuckled as I put a match to my cigarette, glancing at the Sanitarium's long expanse of lawn down to the security trailer.

"Muffled truffles in a ruffled duffel..."

Nurse Calloway called out to me, "Doctor? Your group is waiting."

Elbow - nautical - cologne


Excellent!
 
Elbow - nautical - cologne

She put her elbow into her husband's ribs. "Another restaurant with a nautical theme? I'm getting tired of these. And what is that awful cologne you're wearing - wait, don't tell me, it's Old Spice, isn't it? Listen - owning a canoe does not make you a great sea captain!"

Tiny - consider - holiday
 
Tiny - consider - holiday


"Oh my God, you're so tiny!" he whispered as his large hands pawed her entire body. "I could just pick you up and do you in mid-air!"

"I'm sure you could," she sighed. "You're so big and so strong! But ... I'm scared."

"Well, consider this, you're on holiday," he smiled.


Vacation - MILF - Stranger :D
 
magnolia - sweet - release

Being near his sweet Emma and not touching her was too much to bear. Glancing around to ensure that no one was near, he embraced her, kissing her passionately. Laying her down under the magnolia tree, his hands caressed her and moved dexterously to release her breasts from their bindings.

(exactly 50!)

lackadaisical - retreat - bagel
 
Last edited:
In my entire career, it was the bloodiest crime scene yet. Not the lackadaisical work of a beginner. The body crumpled in the corner, unable to retreat. I took the usual photographs and left.

Going home, I munched on a bagel, pausing to throw my bloody knife into the river.

balloon - triathlon - pepper
 
[I am awed and astounded by the creativity and the excellence of the last several post. Wow!]

balloon - triathlon - pepper
 
balloon - triathlon - pepper

He said there'd be consequences if I let go of the balloon's string pressed between my knees. I'd been there for an hour, controlling my leg muscles—I had endured triathlons after all. I thought I'd thwarted Sir...until he brought out the pepper shaker and ran it under my nose.

Styrofoam ■ satellite ■ seasoning
 
Dust swept across the easel holding the half finished painting of bright autumn colors. The skull on the decrepit Cape Cod veranda showed no signs of the monumental century-old tragedy.

"No life anywhere. Continuing on."

The figure in the space suit stared in sadness across the Nantucket Sound.

watermelon - coral - anesthesia
 
watermelon - coral - anesthesia

A silicone ring bound him into a bouquet so engorged with blood as to resemble the flesh of a ripe watermelon. The color contrasted with the coral-colored, plastic clothespins she carefully applied along the length of him. She smirked knowing he'd wish for anesthesia when she finally took them off.

funeral ■ headlight ■ wallflower
 
A silicone ring bound him into a bouquet so engorged with blood as to resemble the flesh of a ripe watermelon. The color contrasted with the coral-colored, plastic clothespins she carefully applied along the length of him. She smirked knowing he'd wish for anesthesia when she finally took them off.

Good post :) Can I have her number?

Your words:

funeral ■ headlight ■ wallflower
 
Funeral - headlight - wallflower

The headlight on my motorcycle couldn’t cut through the fog that always seemed to accompany a funeral. Usually a sad occasion, this one was brutal – it was a suicide. I thought she was a wallflower – until I was told her diary said she had a crush on me for years…

Salad - decision - viral
 
These were the salad days of our love. I laid down beside her, brushing back her hair, kissing her forehead. How bound we are by each decision.

Not viral, not cancerous, but real nonetheless. I traced my fingertip gently down her arm, across the tight rubber tubing, and dialed 911.

algorithm - fulsome - sanctuary
 
Last edited:
Algorithm - fulsome - sanctuary

“I ran my pick-up line algorithm. If I say, ‘your fulsome breasts are a perfect complement to the sanctuary of your beautiful face,’ I should be able to score with 37% of women who hear that.”

I laughed. “Just tell them you’ll lick their clit until they cum. That works!”

Generator - lithe - endurance
 
My friend, the thief, refilled my coffee as we sat on his patio admiring his new in-ground pool.

I laughed, "Honestly, I had no idea there was this much money in stealing trampolines. How's business?"

"It has its ups and downs."

Omnipotent - reliant - machination
 
It’s an odd situation (I blame myself), to be omnipotent and yet be reliant on the machination of an entity who has not even got supranatural abilities. I must remember this for the genesis of the next universe. I’ll just finish this sudoku first. It is a devilish cunning one.

Fish wander football
 
Fish - wander - football

The last will of Harvey Floyd.

“I leave my football collection to my wife. She hated football, so she deserves this.

“I leave my mounted trophy fish to ‘Catfish’ Jackson, he can finally land a big one.

“The rest of you can wander around crying, because I leave you nothing!”

Greek - yellow - organism
 
Soft peaches in buckets of meat
The piano accents the beat
A grape gently peeled
She consents to kneel
A mammoth banana to eat

slander - cinematography - phylum
 
Back
Top