Runners unite?

Hey runners! Hope you all have enjoyed your runs. Just got in from a 6.7 miler. Cold and slow but there is never a better feeling than finishing a run no matter how fast you do it. What miles have others logged today?

Stories like that are what keep me from being discouraged. I keep running no matter what. Injury has kept me out for a little while but I am coming back even better.

I run with a mid 60 year old who has run nearly 150 marathons and still clocks 3:45's and even a guy in his early 70's that won his age group in a huge marathon with a 3:40. Age is just a number, and runner's seem to have found the fountain of youth!

Is new to the running community, but training for my second half marathon.... cause I'm only half crazy. :D

tumblr_mg53h09goR1s0gp6io1_500.jpg

Hello

Runner here as we'll. just got in 3 miles this afternoon. I run whenever I can squeeze it in. I will be running a 5k at the beach this weekend

Beautiful 75 degrees out today! Hope all runners enjoyed the warm weather! Ran my best time on my 6.7 mile course. 1:05:25! Slow for most but fast for me! And passed 100 miles for the month!

I just ran my first marathon last weekend! Ran it very slowly, but I finished, and I can't wait to run another. The next race I'm training for will be another half marathon in six weeks.

Congrats on the half terces! That is awesome.

btw a GREAT race to run is the Monument Ave 10k in Richmond, VA. If you are in the VA/DC/MD/NC area it is definitely worth the trip. I will be traveling to Richmond to run in it for the 3rd straight year this April. Bands line the street and the crowd is great. There are a ton of people wearing costumes. Plus it is the 8th largest road race in America if size matters to you ;)

How many miles did we put in today runners?

Just finished a 8.5 miler. Didn't want to start and took me forever to motivate myself but glad I did!

10.5 miles done for me today, Feb is the big training month before my half marathon on 17th March....feeling good, getting faster and fitter!

Everyone keep up the good miles!!

Oh, and isn't it tough when you think you are doing a great pace, working well, and some fellow runner paces past, hardly breaking a sweat, and is soon in the distance...happened to me today. Just drove me on to work harder.

Is it a St. Patrick Day themed race jack?

I live in a very rural area so there are no other runners so I have never had that problem. But I can imagine how frustrating it is. I go so slow that I would have tons of people passing. I live in a very small town (3,000 people) and often have many people I know drive by. My students (I'm a teacher) usually honk their horns and yell out the window which always motivates me to run a bit faster.

Hey runners! Hope everyone's day is going well. Two off days for me (because of busy work life) but got in 8.4 miles today!

Back