Book nuts:

With_David_Bowie

Literotica Guru
Do you have a favourite bookmark... do you even have one?

My bookmark most of the time is the library return slip..

I used to have one that I made. No need for it though. I read very quickly.

I don't have a lot of paper books anymore but I used to have some bookmarks that I made that were embroidered.

But I almost never used them because I was always pretty shitty to my books so I would just fold pages and whatnot. My paperback don't close.

I once pulled a book off the shelf that I hadn't read for a while, and discovered I'd used a £10 note to mark my place.

Don't use one.

Look at the page number, remember it, Close the book and put it down until I can get back to it.

I usually use a sales receipt or something similar. I know I have actual bookmarks that I've bought or have been given over the years, but I haven't a clue as to where I've put them :confused:

I find that most bookmarks sold as such are too thick for the purpose. The freebies given away as advertising are thin card and more usable.

But as a secondhand bookdealer I have found hundreds of things left in as bookmakers. The usual was an old sales receipt or four-leaf clover. Some were legal documents such as witness subpoenas. The best was a 19th century quarto size parchment appointing a New Zealand solicitor as an agent for the court of Tasmania. The clerk had some difficulty because Tasmania had recently changed its name from Van Diemens' Land to Tasmania, but the court seal was still Van Diemen's Land. I sold it to an Australia from Tasmania for $200.

PS. I had several bus tickets, one for the 1951 Festival of Britain and another for the last Tram in Croydon. I sold those too.

I find that most bookmarks sold as such are too thick for the purpose. The freebies given away as advertising are thin card and more usable.

But as a secondhand bookdealer I have found hundreds of things left in as bookmakers. The usual was an old sales receipt or four-leaf clover. Some were legal documents such as witness subpoenas. The best was a 19th century quarto size parchment appointing a New Zealand solicitor as an agent for the court of Tasmania. The clerk had some difficulty because Tasmania had recently changed its name from Van Diemens' Land to Tasmania, but the court seal was still Van Diemen's Land. I sold it to an Australia from Tasmania for $200.

PS. I had several bus tickets, one for the 1951 Festival of Britain and another for the last Tram in Croydon. I sold those too.

Lucky you being able to find the neat stuff.

For me, as others have said, sales receipts, bookmarks I've found in the used books I've purchased and even a business card. That and remembering the page number. Of course there is always the book cover flap for hard cover books.

i, too, use the library return slips. each book that i put on reserve comes with a separate one so they are free and convenient. the backs of them also make for handy scratch paper while i'm reading.

Do you have a favourite bookmark... do you even have one?

My bookmark most of the time is the library return slip..

I've several. One from Ursula LaGuin, one from Joe Haldeman and one From Terry Brooks. Each one has been autographed by those authors.

Comshaw

dont-have-a-bookmark-try-using-ketchup-instead-35024168.png

I too commit the sin of folding pages. If it's a library book that I couldn't get on my Kindle I will try hard to use a bookmark, or receipt, or something. I once used a photo and left it in the book. The library was kind enough to call and ask if I wanted the photo back.

I too commit the sin of folding pages. If it's a library book that I couldn't get on my Kindle I will try hard to use a bookmark, or receipt, or something. I once used a photo and left it in the book. The library was kind enough to call and ask if I wanted the photo back.

I was lying!!!:devil:

Theirs a tenth Dante level of hell for people like you:devil::devil::devil:

(I'm taking about dog earing page corners... I love my library, thank you for using them... Your an angel for that)

I was lying!!!:devil:

Theirs a tenth Dante level of hell for people like you:devil::devil::devil:

(I'm taking about dog earing page corners... I love my library, thank you for using them... Your an angel for that)

You trickster! it's a nasty habit I picked up from my mom. I'll add dog earing page corners to the list of things my mother did and I need to resolve in counseling. :devil::eek:

If I bought ALL the books I wanted to read, I would be very poor instead of just marginally poor. ;)

3 nights at the cabin. 3 books read.

I figure that's about right.

The local book store always supplies a bookmark (sometimes two).

I've got a lifetime supply of them.

Always use a bookmark, mostly the free ones from the library.

Hate turned down pages in books:mad:

I use a business card or a 3 by 5 flyer, usually cardboard. Sometimes I'll use and old baseball card.

I have a habit of using random pieces of paper or cards as bookmarks, even though I occasionally snag myself an actual bookmark when I go to the library. I tend to lose bookmarks, so I use random stuff instead.

Back