Is It Really A.D.H.D. or Just Immaturity? But can you sell a drug for immaturity?

One of my compatriots who lives in the States told me about that. And the issue was debated in the australian media, too.

They said that too many kids are misdiagnosed or overmedicated in the States, because parents want a quick fix. Or alternatively, a small % of parents also dabble into their kids medications - for various purposes.

This also gives me an opportunity to argue that Australia and NZ have perhaps the best infrastructure (including medical system) in the world.
Health professionals have the luxury of allocating patients as much time as they see fit; for these kids, psychological interventions are free. So you don't see this overmedicating epidemic that one hears about re the States.
By the same token, you don't see kids who really have ADHD, being denied treatment because the health professional is afraid of being sued.

N.B.
It just occurred to me - did BB actually put up this thread for information purposes, or just because ?:rolleyes:

and the so called teachers are nothing more then LIB $ SUCKERS who do a shitty job and bore the kids

so they act out

its easier for them to MEDICATE and ZOMBIFY a kid

then TEACH and PARENT

a 4th grade teacher told me my son needed meds cause he had ADHD

I looked at the teacher and said

HE GETS THE SHIT THE 1ST TIME, DOESNT NEED TO HEAR THE SHIT 6 TIMES, JUST CAUSE YOU ARE LAZY AND YOU HAVE DUMD KIDS THAT NEED TO BE TOLD SOMETHING 6 TIMES DOESNT MEAN THERE IS SOMETHING WORNG WITH MY KID!

My 31 now is an MIT PhD and a Prof at CAL TECH

The teacher is still a loser

I think so too.
Because I read the title again, and I saw the words "brat"( times two) and "bad parent".:D

Gosh, my initial post now makes me look like a pompous fool.:D

you didnt read the article, didya?

its a MADE UP disease

you didnt read the article, didya?

its a MADE UP disease

Bullshit.

When did you get your MD?

Sorry, Cha-Cha, but doctors don't automatically write prescriptions based on a teacher's medical diagnosis. I'm sure you could find a few somewhere if you dug deep enough. ADD meds are probably overprescribed just as often as some other drug.

The "ADD is a myth" crowd remind me of people who say immunizations cause autism.

Dummy

The more nuts a school has

The more money is poured in to it

Of course school doctors prescribe adhd meds

Even to chairs and chalk

Dummy

The more nuts a school has

The more money is poured in to it

Of course school doctors prescribe adhd meds

Even to chairs and chalk

One shouldn't necessarily exclude the other.
I don't know how things work in the States, but why not consider that both might be possible? Like miles said, it's an illness that is both overdiagnosed and underdiagnosed - depending on the health professional, other admin. factors and so on.

People are confused because they haven't come up with a black and white standard diagnostic test yet (like a blood test for anemia or chest xray for pneumonia),. Why? Because money. (For both research and for funding the diagnostic tests after that).

There Are Brats n Nutz, true

Brats get no money, Nutz do, therefore they are diagnosed as nutz

See, Im Bi Polar and take mo meds

It gives me the ability to give you TWICE as much advice :cool:

One of my compatriots who lives in the States told me about that. And the issue was debated in the australian media, too.

They said that too many kids are misdiagnosed or overmedicated in the States, because parents want a quick fix. Or alternatively, a small % of parents also dabble into their kids medications - for various purposes.

This also gives me an opportunity to argue that Australia and NZ have perhaps the best infrastructure (including medical system) in the world.
Health professionals have the luxury of allocating patients as much time as they see fit; for these kids, psychological interventions are free. So you don't see this overmedicating epidemic that one hears about re the States.
By the same token, you don't see kids who really have ADHD, being denied treatment because the health professional is afraid of being sued.

It's not entirely the parents, it's the schools and it's by court order.

Ishmael

It's not entirely the parents, it's the schools and it's by court order.

Ishmael

I don't intend to sound derrogatory towards the US system - God no. But I was told that australian teachers and school counsellors receive additional training in picking up certain red flags in kids (adhd, child abuse, depression, suicidality, or anything else) and in referring the child to the appropriate bodies. And that they're really good and selective about it.

Court order?
I never heard of such thing here, re adhd. What does that entail in the States?

I don't intend to sound derrogatory towards the US system - God no. But I was told that australian teachers and school counsellors receive additional training in picking up certain red flags in kids (adhd, child abuse, depression, suicidality, or anything else) and in referring the child to the appropriate bodies. And that they're really good and selective about it.

Court order?
I never heard of such thing here, re adhd. What does that entail in the States?

It's not just the US.

Kids on Drugs.

Ishmael

Oh, Busybody! You are the smartest! :heart::heart::kiss::kiss:

SAVE_TIME.jpg

Back