The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Fuck You Cancer!

So sick of having to deal with you in my life. You took my sister and still that wasn't enough. You have to invade my life once again. Woke up this weekend to a small spot on my breast. I have spent the past few days throwing myself into anything and everything just to keep myself from staring at it, as if somehow watching it will keep it from becoming my biggest fear. I've been cleaning like a fiend, working on home renovation projects, and having completely ridiculous conversations with people, all of it to distract myself. I know I should call my doctor and go have it checked out. But I just don't know if I am ready to face it. I keep telling myself it's probably nothing. Just a blemish. No need to get all worked up. And yet here I am, having nightmares of my sister's last years. Waking up crying and with my stomach tied in knots.

So fuck you cancer! Why can't you just fucking go away? :mad:

... I've been cleaning like a fiend, working on home renovation projects, and having completely ridiculous conversations with people, all of it to distract myself. I know I should call my doctor and go have it checked out. But I just don't know if I am ready to face it. I keep telling myself it's probably nothing. Just a blemish. No need to get all worked up. And yet here I am, having nightmares of my sister's last years. Waking up crying and with my stomach tied in knots.

Fuck Cancer

Fuck You Cancer!

So sick of having to deal with you in my life. You took my sister and still that wasn't enough. You have to invade my life once again. Woke up this weekend to a small spot on my breast. I have spent the past few days throwing myself into anything and everything just to keep myself from staring at it, as if somehow watching it will keep it from becoming my biggest fear. I've been cleaning like a fiend, working on home renovation projects, and having completely ridiculous conversations with people, all of it to distract myself. I know I should call my doctor and go have it checked out. But I just don't know if I am ready to face it. I keep telling myself it's probably nothing. Just a blemish. No need to get all worked up. And yet here I am, having nightmares of my sister's last years. Waking up crying and with my stomach tied in knots.

I totally get everything you said and I second or third the "Fuck You Cancer"! But, we shouldn't indulge the tendency to avoid checking things out, because early detection does save lives!!! I hate this cell sucker more than I can express and have lost good friends and family, have supported some who have survived and was supported in getting through it myself. But, finding out, increases our odds of success, so please get checked out!!! OK, enough said, I will get off my soapbox! *huge hug*

Yayyy! You are right, celebrating happily when cancer does not win....also celebrating loudly when it is there but Dr.s cut it out with no signs of metastasis.Once again....YAYYYYY!

***Hey lady, miss you and hope all is well. You deserve a good "YAYYYY!" and a few other good things too. :heart:

How good to remember to celebrate and find joy.

***Agreed, we need more celebrating of the good. You are missed too. :heart:

Good news, Daughters surgery went well and no malignancy, and colleague's husband had colon surgery and they got it all with no signs it is spreading further. Sharing good news is less painful than bad and we must celebrate the successes! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!

***And here is some of that joy! I'm so happy all is well with your daughter and your friend. You're always so supportive of others scot, you deserve a little positive karma. :rose:

***At the end of this month we would have been celebrating my brother's birthday. Now, we celebrate his memory and all of the good times we shared. Still my heart breaks and the tears have not completed come to an end, but they are less frequent. It's hardest on his daughter. Every celebration in her life and the life of her children seems to be shadowed by the fact her dad isn't there to share it with her/them. It hurts to see the sadness she constantly carries. I hope one day soon, her "new normal" allows her more happiness and a lighter heart.

***Hey lady, miss you and hope all is well. You deserve a good "YAYYYY!" and a few other good things too. :heart:

***And here is some of that joy! I'm so happy all is well with your daughter and your friend. You're always so supportive of others scot, you deserve a little positive karma. :rose:

***At the end of this month we would have been celebrating my brother's birthday. Now, we celebrate his memory and all of the good times we shared. Still my heart breaks and the tears have not completed come to an end, but they are less frequent. It's hardest on his daughter. Every celebration in her life and the life of her children seems to be shadowed by the fact her dad isn't there to share it with her/them. It hurts to see the sadness she constantly carries. I hope one day soon, her "new normal" allows her more happiness and a lighter heart.

Hi Apple.

More happiness and a lighter heart sounds really good. Sounds as if you're healing a bit. It's nice to see you.

:rose:

*huge hugs* I hope her pain gradually diminishes and she becomes happy she had him as long as she did! :rose::rose::rose:

Closing in on the 1 year since FIL died little thing remind her and the tears and depression start again. FYC

Fuck You Cancer!

Just getting caught up here so forgive me if you've mentioned any follow-up to this elsewhere. I hope you've had this checked and have learned that it's nothing to worry about. :rose:

An update on my Mum. She was told she had weeks or months left to live back in January. She is still with us and now her chemo has been stopped as it is no longer working. She was so happy she got to have another summer and enjoy the sun and flowers. I see how she is getting weaker. It’s hard to watch. I don’t want to lose her but know I will.

FYC.

An update on my Mum. She was told she had weeks or months left to live back in January. She is still with us and now her chemo has been stopped as it is no longer working. She was so happy she got to have another summer and enjoy the sun and flowers. I see how she is getting weaker. It’s hard to watch. I don’t want to lose her but know I will.

FYC.

*Huge Hug* So sorry for your pain, but I am glad she got the summer with you Fuck You Cancer!!! :rose::rose::rose:

FYC.

((:)heart:)))

FYC.

This is similar to my experience with my mother, who stopped her chemo in the spring and fully enjoyed a lovely summer and fall before accepting the end. She took control of the days that she had and I loved her all the more for doing so.

Thank you all :rose:

Mum has been told about a new drug she can try and she has decided to give it a go. She will start it this week. I hope the side effects aren’t too awful.

Thank you all :rose:

Mum has been told about a new drug she can try and she has decided to give it a go. She will start it this week. I hope the side effects aren’t too awful.

Good luck to her. If you don’t mind, what’s the new drug? I’m curious about new developments in cancer treatment.

FYC.

Blessings for the time you have left with her. :rose:

My 49 year old husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 7 weeks ago. He goes in this Wednesday morning for a prostatectomy. Had our meeting with the urologist/surgeon today. Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who have posted here, and in other threads, about their experiences, especially with regard to the ED that accompanies prostatectomy. The doctor told us that part of "rehab" would be penile injections 3 times a week. Thanks to the people who have shared here, I was able to alleviate some of my husband's fears about what that procedure would be like.

:rose::rose::rose:
:heart:Angelica

Back