Length of time for approval

spankedboy

Really Experienced
Hi,

How long does it usually take for LE to approve stories? Sometimes my stories get approved in a couple of days, sometimes I have to wait a week. One story has been in the queue for some time.

My latest, posted to the regular file, took two days.

Hi,

How long does it usually take for LE to approve stories? Sometimes my stories get approved in a couple of days, sometimes I have to wait a week. One story has been in the queue for some time.

The Halloween Contest is running, so entries to that will have priority. Otherwise, around three days seems to be the normal time period at the moment. If it's been in the queue for over a week, you could send a PM to Laurel, politely asking if it's been overlooked.

My most recent one to the regular file posted this Tuesday morning, during the contest. Submitted late Sunday night. The contest excuse is getting pretty stale. My stories have only rarely gone over two days during a contest--for years and years.

OK, so will wait for a bit before messaging . I hope it's not one person reading all those stories.

OK, so will wait for a bit before messaging . I hope it's not one person reading all those stories.

Laurel scans stories for problems rather than reading them, but there is just one person.

Sometimes I think Laurel organizes the incoming stories in a stack; last in, first out. If your story goes in on a busy day she may not get to it right away. If the next day is busy, it may still be at the bottom of the stack, and stay there until she can clear it, either because of a slow day or an herculean effort.

Regardless of whether that's true, every once-in-a-while stories encounter a lag in approval.

I suspect that, over time, one builds up credits with Laurel.

I post something. Laurels sees the name. 'Oh, it's that Sam again. He's a naughty boy. But he's harmless enough.' Tick.

:)

My last one posted in under 2 days, but like Sam, Laurel, sees my name and... well Sam said it so I won't. :D

My contest stories have been approved very quickly -- one within two hours.

Non-contest stories have always taken 3-5 days, and they still do. Unlike Sam I don't seem to have built up much cred, despite never having been rejected!

My last one posted in under 2 days, but like Sam, Laurel, sees my name and... well Sam said it so I won't. :D

I once thought that until after more than ten years of nearly 1,000 stories without underage in them, Laurel initially rejected one of my stories from her obviously cursory scans that didn't have underage in it. Extended time unchallengeable doesn't seem to guarantee trust or obviate unsupported rejection here.

I've had a couple rejected, when I first started publishing here. A couple later on also. Some were due to my making mistakes and the other due to someone else making a mistake...won't mention any name(s).

But, as most of mine are Loving Wives...

I submitted a couple of stories a while back, I put a lot of effort into both of them. They were pending for weeks and weeks only for the first one I submitted to eventually be declined because I put my comma's and full stops outside my quotation marks rather than inside them. This made me quite disillusioned and I didn't come on here for a while.

I submitted a couple of stories a while back, I put a lot of effort into both of them. They were pending for weeks and weeks only for the first one I submitted to eventually be declined because I put my comma's and full stops outside my quotation marks rather than inside them. This made me quite disillusioned and I didn't come on here for a while.

I imagine they were rejected within two days and that you didn't notice how the rejection process is signaled at Lit. for a couple of weeks.

And, yes, you probably used British style for quotations and everything was fine by the style but is not known by the editor at this America-based site. Some folks post complaints about being rejected for this here while other folks say that you don't get rejected for that. Apparently you did.

I would think the length of the story affects the approval time.
Any stories longer than 4 pages on the website (equivalent to around 20 pages in MS Word) take 5-6 days for approval instead of the usual 3-5. At least in my limited experience.

I am a newbe, so I may be getting more of a look, but I had one go 11 days that was probably because of the Halloween contest. Then my last tone cleared in 48 hours. Interestingly, silkstockinglover was mentioning that she had a story that had not been approved after seven days.

Any stories longer than 4 pages on the website (equivalent to around 20 pages in MS Word) take 5-6 days for approval instead of the usual 3-5. At least in my limited experience.

That could explain why my latest chapter is taking so long (almost 5 days now) - usually it's like 3 days.

I'm sure the editor is like "Oh gosh, 6 pages of another Tanuki chapter. I need a drink."

Not always. I had a twelve part (33 Lit pages total) story cleared and then scheduled for publication every 24 hours, in three days (plus an Oz time zone). I made sure to put a note in the Notes to Editor for two possibly contentious chapters, content-wise, to give Laurel a heads-up exactly what was there, to avoid any "too quick scan" issues. No problems encountered.

In twelve years I haven't noticed a difference posting pattern between standalones and chapters.

Back