"Doctor Who: Powers of Ten" (OOC)

The Goblin King Jareth i caught, the rest i'd have to net search for.

This obscure potential eye-candy has been brought to you today by Google Image Search. :D

(Paterson Joseph was The Marquis de Carabas in "Neverwhere," some sorta governy fella in the live-action "Aeon Flux," a Gamestation contestant in The Ninth Doctor's finale two-parter, and could well have been The Eleventh Doctor himself. Him you should know.)

That kind of makes me wonder what would happen if she met someone who had no idea what to make of her. Or ran into two people simultaneously that equally believed mutually contradictory notions...

Man, that sounds uncomfortable. But I do want to meet her sometime. "Perception defines reality" does seem like a rather "DW" concept to tackle

lol it does, doesn't it? And I'm sure he'd more than likely recognize her race from some previous adventure

And if she ran into someone who had no idea what to make of her... she'd appear as who she actually is... but knowing her she wouldn't let it stay that way for long and make suggestions(i.e. outright lie) about herself to them.

and as to the contradictory notions... at first it'd be alot like switching channels on a tv, but with enough time the two perceptions of her would blend into the other.

Also I squee to the references to both Labyrinth and Neverwhere ^_^

and I submit a picture of my cat..with a caption cause I made such a deal over it with Chas once

Attachments

• Snuggleslol.JPG
    Snuggleslol.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 110
lol it does, doesn't it? And I'm sure he'd more than likely recognize her race from some previous adventure

And if she ran into someone who had no idea what to make of her... she'd appear as who she actually is... but knowing her she wouldn't let it stay that way for long and make suggestions(i.e. outright lie) about herself to them.

and as to the contradictory notions... at first it'd be alot like switching channels on a tv, but with enough time the two perceptions of her would blend into the other.

Also I squee to the references to both Labyrinth and Neverwhere ^_^

and I submit a picture of my cat..with a caption cause I made such a deal over it with Chas once

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh. :: squeedeath! ::

I bet you Necca's species is from the same time period as The Weeping Angels? Maybe the state of upheaval The Universe might have been in in those days caused quantum effects in some of the life-forms, hence The Weeping Angels becoming quantum-locked, and Necca's people... uh... quantum-fluxed?

(Yeah, that's the ticket!)

Neverwhere/Labyrinth. Now that would be a hell of a crossover...

Neverwhere/Labyrinth. Now that would be a hell of a crossover...

But down in the underground
You'll find someone true
Down in the underground
A land serene
A crystal moon

*hums*

I bet you Necca's species is from the same time period as The Weeping Angels? Maybe the state of upheaval The Universe might have been in in those days caused quantum effects in some of the life-forms, hence The Weeping Angels becoming quantum-locked, and Necca's people... uh... quantum-fluxed?

and her race probably is that old.. even though Neeca is not... in face she's relatively? young... eh they can be killed actually quite as easily as any human if the circumstances are just right... but they don't get sick and baring any accidents, they'll stay alive forever(theoretically) but many choose to go into a comalike sleep after awhile... She's more than likely one of the few of her generation that are up and about... and a few generations from the youngest of her race..and I'm putting way too much thought into that

But down in the underground
You'll find someone true
Down in the underground
A land serene
A crystal moon

*hums*

You remind me of the babe.
What babe?
The babe with the power.
What power?
The power of Voodoo!
Who do?
You do!
Do what?
Remind me of the babe!

and her race probably is that old.. even though Neeca is not... in face she's relatively? young... eh they can be killed actually quite as easily as any human if the circumstances are just right... but they don't get sick and baring any accidents, they'll stay alive forever(theoretically) but many choose to go into a comalike sleep after awhile... She's more than likely one of the few of her generation that are up and about... and a few generations from the youngest of her race..and I'm putting way too much thought into that

:: grins :: No such thing as too much thought into a beloved character, I think.

After all, I figured out Rose McCrimmon's LDoK ancestry back to like a thousand years ago, so. :: grins wider ::

They do tend to get away from us, don't they?

OkDxh5h.jpg

Good night, everyone.

Last edited:
You were on YIM and didn't buzz me :(

::Stomps foot.::

Furiously even.

::Stomps foot. TWICE!::

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm on yim.. for a while at least. if you desire to do anything with/to me.. :D

"Erm."

:: rubs behind one ear, tries to look innocent, squints dark brown eyes behind glasses, glances at Lunaramblings ::

"Would you believe... Large Home Appliance Worship?"

*looks at the fan-worked trailer skeptically* still not sure I'm going to like Eleven... but ah well... *sniffles* even that one line (Hello, Rose.) 'Run for your life!' makes me miss Nine so..

and I declare that peace offering to be one of the best cheery Doctor Who/Torchwood vids ever ^_^ it made me giggle.

*points at the Doctor* omfg! .... I demand to go on an ADVENTURE!!!!

"Would you believe... Large Home Appliance Worship?"

and by 'Large Home Appliance' she means TARDIS.

Adventure.

Now.

Let's do this!

Last edited:
I will get the candles and the prayer book....

Thank you, Lunar, that'll be lovely. :: grins! ::

*looks at the fan-worked trailer skeptically* still not sure I'm going to like Eleven... but ah well... *sniffles* even that one line (Hello, Rose.) 'Run for your life!' makes me miss Nine so..

:: thumps her heart :: Alas, poor Nine. We hardly knew ye.

and I declare that peace offering to be one of the best cheery Doctor Who/Torchwood vids ever ^_^ it made me giggle.

I love the shot where the lyrics are like, "maybe I'm a little drunk," and Jack is watching John just devour this gallon of vodka... the look on Jack's face is priceless!

*points at the Doctor* omfg! .... I demand to go on an ADVENTURE!!!!

:: adjusts her glasses :: "I think you'll find, Yoo-Em, that as he's appended the 'Who' appellation to his nom de Lit, rather than going by the more canonical 'The Doctor,' and that his location is 'TARDIS' rather than 'The TARDIS,' this must be the alternate-reality human version played by Peter 'Grand Moff Tarkin' Cushing." :: grins :: "Still, tho', any friend of The Clever Blue Box is a friend of ours, and I hope you're enjoying what we've done so far?"

and by 'Large Home Appliance' she means TARDIS.

Adventure.

Now.

Let's do this!

WOO!

...that's really, really interesting, UM. So there's basically a collective memory loss regarding Donna, everyone thinks she's been retconned?

Would The Doctor pick up on it, being that he can sense timelines and things? Like a paradox itching behind his eyes? I imagine that Jenny would be more vulnerable to such things, being less aware of such things.

T'Pol's got a tightly-trained memory, but like Spock is no less vulnerable to changes in the timeline than anyone else...

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that the Doctor would be distinctly aware of something.

Be it as low as just certain things are a bit off.... to as high as completely remembering and freaking out about her disappearance....

that is entirely up to you. For Wilf's part, I think the only reason he retained his memory of having a granddaughter for the short amount he has is because he was so worried about her at the time. I was trying to make it where one could tell that as the seconds ticked past he was forgetting more and more until all he's left with is this sense of panic.

But, she is okay at the moment so..that's nice

I'm pretty sure that the Doctor would be distinctly aware of something.

Be it as low as just certain things are a bit off.... to as high as completely remembering and freaking out about her disappearance....

that is entirely up to you. For Wilf's part, I think the only reason he retained his memory of having a granddaughter for the short amount he has is because he was so worried about her at the time. I was trying to make it where one could tell that as the seconds ticked past he was forgetting more and more until all he's left with is this sense of panic.

But, she is okay at the moment so..that's nice

I have to admit to a certain amount of delight and bewilderment at this shimmering otherworldly sphinx of a character. And when I realised that the trees were silver and the sky was orange my jaw about fell off of my face.

That was gorgeous, UM. I'll do my best to have Gwen talk Wilf down. I've got a lot going on this weekend but I'll try to make that happen quickish.

Okay.

For what it's worth, this user has The Eleventh Hour on YouTube, for as long as it'll last.

Good luck.

I love you all.

He's amazing.

He's no Ten. Not by a long chalk.

But he'll do. He'll do.

Also, spoiler warning? He sends a complex computer programme via text message. Yeah, I wrote that. Two years ago.

WOOHOO!

Back