What Are You Listening To Now? 6.0

Golden Earring: best of

After Barry Hay appeared during Ayreon's 2018 Graspop headliner gig, I decided to give these guys a bit more attention. To reduce Golden Earring down to "Radar Love" is a disservice to the band. They can write some kick-ass rock tunes.

I always did like "When The Bullet Hits The Bone".

Currently listening: Darren Korb: Transistor OST extended. Blank Canvas is less than a minute long, but it always gets me in the feels.

Last edited:
BlackPink - 뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU) - official version uploaded to Youtube on June 15 and 199,000,000 views in it's first 4 weeks.

Blackpink hit #1 with this on all major Korean music platforms. The music video for the song broke the record for most views in 24 hours by hitting 36.2M views for a K-pop group. The music video also became the 2nd most viewed music video in 24 hours across all genres. The music video also set records by becoming the fastest K-pop girl group music video to reach 100M views in a record time of 10 days.

The song was Blackpink’s first appearance on the Billboard Hot 100, debuting at #55. The song made Blackpink the second Kpop girl group to appear on the chart after Wonder Girls.

BlackPink - 뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU) - official version uploaded to Youtube on June 15 and 199,000,000 views in it's first 4 weeks.

Blackpink hit #1 with this on all major Korean music platforms. The music video for the song broke the record for most views in 24 hours by hitting 36.2M views for a K-pop group. The music video also became the 2nd most viewed music video in 24 hours across all genres. The music video also set records by becoming the fastest K-pop girl group music video to reach 100M views in a record time of 10 days.

The song was Blackpink’s first appearance on the Billboard Hot 100, debuting at #55. The song made Blackpink the second Kpop girl group to appear on the chart after Wonder Girls.

That's some intense stuff. The girls are beautiful and can move well in sync. But I'm so not a fan of the trap beat/EDM crossover and the amounts of vocal processing. I always jokingly refer to Ellie Goulding as a human SAPI voice, and this is even worse.

Back