Young Justice/Teen Titans (OOC)

I want to do a somewhat different take on the character, I liked the season 2 stuff, especially when he did the whole heel thing. His origin story is one of the more interesting in comics. Shame that he's not used more.

a2369475-36e2-4a50-8a92-b87c3707ffdc_zps9f9b3065.png


Code Name: Leviathan
Real Name: Kaldur'ahm
Age: 21
Personality: Despite possessing many of the traits embodied by the Young Justice cartoon counterpart. This Kaldur'ahm was essentially raised by Black Manta having never become "Aqualad". He's still very much the same in terms of temperament and overall appearance, but the compass is very much different, a bit more "dark & troubled" as you might imagine. This time, it's all for keeps. There is no acting.

Gear and Equipment:
-Manta Suit (augmenting his already impressive physical attributes)
His manta helmet is resistant to telepathy. Similar to what we've seen so far, the helmet can produce projectiles and heat beams.


Powers and Abilities:


As an Atlantean/Human hybrid, Kaldur has the physiology of a being adapted to living under the crushing depths of the earth’s oceans. These adaptions grant him superhuman strength, speed and durability that are most effective in the ocean but diminished somewhat on dry land.
He has proven to be quite strong and durable; he is capable of holding his own against physical powerhouses like Superboy (with extreme effort) for moments and has been able to weather heavy blows from similar sources with little harm. He has also proven to be quite resistant to drugs and toxins due a certain amount of toxins (much like those found in jellyfish) that can be found flowing through his system.

Kaldur’s hybrid nature also grants him the ability to live and breathe comfortably both on land and in the sea. He can breathe water (through the gills located on his neck) as easily as he can air, and can swim and maneuver through the water in a manner that would make sharks and other sea life envious. Unfortunately, his genetic enhancements make him exceptionally vulnerable to dehydration from sources of extreme heat.

Additionally, he's able to construct or "bend" water for a variety of uses.

Origin/Backstory: His origin is changed somewhat from source material. For the most part he was born in Atlantis and was trained in the conscription army until he was discharged(due to security concerns) the event that allowed him to become Aqualad never transpired and he eventually he came in contact with his biological father(David Ray), whom he had defected, eventually becoming a successor to Black Manta's illicit maritime empire. Sometime in Atlantis was experimented on by xebellian rogue scientists, which explains his luminescent serpent-like tattoo's and his secondary ability to generate electricity.

Tell me if this works for you.
 
Last edited:
Sf33soe-sean.jpg


Name: Micheal 'Star' Lee
Personality: Micheal is a naturally gifted athlete performing performing well in basketball, football, wrestling and martial arts. As a result of his natural talents he's a bit lazy but always willing to help a friend. He's quick to friendship, and slow to anger but when he's genuinely angry he's a sight to behold.

Gear and Equipment: An Nth Metal necklace. He's trained with several martial arts weapons including the Chinese Broad Sword, Katana, nunchucks, Bo-staff, hook swords and kunai. However the only thing he carries with any consistency are a dozen kunai preferring to assess each situation and arm up appropriately.

Powers: His extensive training in martial arts, and Nth Metal necklace allow him to perform what he refers to as ninja tricks. By gathering energy in his feet he can achieve super human speed. Up to forty miles per hour sustained, (By comparison Usain Bolt clocks in around 23 mph) and in extremely short bursts he can reach 100 mph, he primarily uses it to perform the Flash Step.

Flashstep.gif


He can use a variant to walk on water or up walls. However his greatest strength comes from his unique Martial Art. It's a blend of traditional wrestling and Kapu Kuʻialua, a Hawaiian martial art based on bone breaking, joint locks, throws, pressure point manipulation, strikes, and use of various weapons. He uses his ability to stick to walls to stick to people making him extremely difficult to escape.

(Think Spiderman if he decided correctly that his powers would really work better for chain wrestling than strikes.)
 
Interesting line up. I'm looking forward to starting.

Sean, I'm not familiar with your choice, is he an original creation?

P.S.
Once I get settled into Tigress, I wouldn't mind introducing Supergirl as a second character.
 
I first posted this in the SRP, but technically it belongs here in the ORP, so I am posting it here to see if it appeals to potential co-writers.

I've been doing YJ/TT threads on and off for over eight years, but I would like to have an RP with a group of talented, dedicated writers that we can keep going for a long time. I've used a number of different settings for my previous RPs, but this one may be a little different. I am, of course, open to suggestions for what potential co-writers would want to see and what would draw their interest.

Unlike my last few versions and the YJ cartoon, I want to have our team of heroes be separate from the Justice League -- they don't take orders from Batman or any of the League. Dick Grayson is no longer on speaking terms with Batman, ditched his Robin mantle, and headed out to Los Angeles. He created a new superhero identity as Nightwing, and threw himself into fighting the gangs and crimelords in LA. Until he forms a team with other young heroes and has friends again, he has practically no social life. Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) broke his heart and Batman crushed his soul, so he left Gotham behind and has kept to himself since arriving in California.

I will also be playing Superboy and perhaps a younger version of Hal Jordan. I have an overall idea for the world, which has not yet seen a Green Lantern on Earth. I am working out some details and will share more soon, I just wanted to get this going to try and garner interest.

Miss Martian, Beast Boy, and the other Robin characters are currently on hold for other writers until we work out exactly who they will be playing. Other than myself, we currently have Sean Renaud, Remec, and Tight_n_Ready as active writers.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Here are some of the important things to know about my version of the DC Universe:

  • Magic exists, but it has more of a scientific basis: A huge meteor shower rained down over the Mediterranean Sea thousands of years ago, and these space rocks eventually made their way onto the shores of northern Africa and southern Europe. The material emitted an alien radiation that altered the brains of a small percentage of the humans who encountered them, allowing them to harness elemental and physic energies. They were the first magic-wielders of Earth, and became the gods and demons of mythology.

  • They learned to create structures and artificial environments within pocket dimensions, such as Atlantis, Themyscira, and a Hell-like prison for demons known as the Abyss.

  • The space rock was broken down and refined into a material that was used to form powerful magical artifacts (Nth metal), such as the Helmet of Nabu and the Wings of Khufu.

  • The demon lord Trigon began killing off the magical bloodlines to absorb their power, forcing some of the pocket dimensions to close themselves off to protect their citizens. Those who remained to fight Trigon were able to drag him into the Abyss, but at the cost of their own lives. After this event, there were only a handful of people left with any magical ability, and the powers of these few bloodlines weakened over the generations to the point that magic was impossible without constant exposure to Nth metal.

  • In 1928, a team of archeologists uncovered a tomb filled with magical artifacts in Bialya, including the Helmet of Nabu and the Wings of Khufu. The items had been locked away many centuries prior, though it was unknown who. The archeologists used the artifacts to become superheroes, and others joined them, fighting crime throughout the 1930s as the Justice Society of America.

  • The JSA were dragged into World War II in early 1942, and most of them died in 1945 during their final battle with the Spears of Destiny, a Nazi-allied team of supervillains led by Wotan and Vandal Savage.

  • A new surge of heroes and villains emerged in the summer of 2005 as a result of a prototype particle accelerator malfunctioning at S.T.A.R. Labs in Metropolis, Delaware. It caused an explosion and a massive storm of electrically-charged particles to spread out over the eastern United States, giving rise to thousands of new metahumans. J'onn J'onzz -- an alien secretly observing humanity -- felt obligated to aid the new heroes rising up, and appeared as the Martian Manhunter.

  • The Metahuman Crisis caused pocket dimenions such as Atlantis and Themyscira to rejoin the world.

  • In 2007, Martian Manhunter, Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman joined together to form the Justice League of America. They were soon joined by Black Canary, Shazam, and Zatara, boosting the team to ten members.
  • In 2008, the Justice League was granted a U.N. charter and built the Hall of Justice in Washington D.C. as their official headquarters.

  • In January 2015, Dick Grayson had a falling out with Batman and Batgirl, leaving Gotham behind for Los Angeles and becoming Nightwing.

It is now six months later. In recent weeks, Nightwing has been investigating a mysterious organization known as Project Cadmus, and has pinpointed it to a secret facility out in the Mojave Desert. Not wanting to involve Batman or the Justice League, but needing a team to help him infiltrate the building, he has reached out to some of his former acquaintances, who have agreed to come out to L.A. and meet with him. They also bring a few heroes Dick has never met before, and a new team is born.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nightwing

Nightwing_Young_Justice.jpg


Real Name: Richard “Dick” Grayson
Age: 19
Birthday: June 22nd
Birthplace: Gotham City, New Jersey

Skills

Dick possesses the peak athletic strength and endurance of a man who regularly engages in extensive physical exercise. His martial arts skills rival those of Batman, and he was rigorously trained by his mentor in everything from escapology to criminology, fencing, stealth, disguise, and numerous other combat/non-combat disciplines. He is fluent in a number of languages and had the finest education as Bruce Wayne's ward.

Gear/Equipment

Dick has a number of gadgets in his utility belt, including shuriken that explode on contact, a pen that shoots out a tiny tracking device that sticks to any surface, and several dozen modified batarangs (called wingblades) along with de-cel jumplines and gas capsules to reach the tops of buildings.

He has a state-of-the-art motorcycle complete with an onboard computer and built in wifi, as well as a helmet that connects wirelessly to the computer with audio and video feedback and communications capabilities. The helmet also has nightvision and a heads-up display on the inside of the visor.

His costume is made of a version of the Nomex fire-resistant, triple-weave Kevlar-lined material. It is an excellent protection against damage, and also insulated against electricity. The suit he wears is also fireproof, and his mask is held in place with spirit gum.

Powers/Abilities

Dick has no superhuman powers, and relies solely on technology and his own wits.

Background

When Dick was nine, his parents were killed by Tony Zucco, a gangster who demanded protection money from Haly's Circus, where the Graysons performed. When Mr. Haly refused, Zucco murdered his star performers.

Bruce Wayne had been good friends with John and Mary Grayson and had been named as Dick's godfather, so the boy came live at Wayne Manor. It was only a matter of time before the boy discovered Wayne was Batman, and soon he too was learning to fight crime and took on the alias of Robin.

During his years as the Dark Knight's sidekick and apprentice, Dick met many other heroes, and even started a relationship with Batgirl (Barbara Gordon). They dated on and off for a few years, until Dick left for Los Angeles.



Superboy
Superboy_zpsa086658d.png

Real Name: Conner Kent
Age: Appears 18
Birthday: March 1st
Birthplace: Project Cadmus facility

Gear/Equipment/Abilities

Being a Kryptonian/Human hybrid, Conner can absorb solar energy through his cells to super charge his physical capabilities, although he is nowhere near as powerful as Superman. Superboy's powers will improve with experience, though at first, his abilities include enhanced strength, speed, and stamina. Eventually he will learn to use his solar energy more efficiently to attain greater strength and even fly. He does not have any vision powers, but he does have heightened senses and an accelerated healing factor that keeps him from aging.

Background

Conner was born in a test tube, cloned from Superman's DNA and an anonymous human donor. He was force-grown rapidly, aging from infancy to adulthood in about four months. Dubbilex and the other genomorphs helped him mature through psychic lessons and implanted images and sounds, but he had never been out of the lab prior to his liberation by Nightwing and the others.



Green Lantern

gl1_zpsb32448db.png


Real Name: Harold "Hal" Jordan
Age: 21
Birthday: May 18th
Birthplace: Miami, Florida

Gear/Equipment/Abilities

The Green Lantern power ring allows Hal to project blasts of green energy or hard-light constructs that can be used as weapons and other objects. It also gives him the ability to fly and when synced with the battery cell, it can access a subspace communications and information network reserved for Green Lanterns.

Background

Hal knew he wanted to be a pilot from the time he could walk. He studied hard and finished high school early, earning himself entrance to the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado when he was still seventeen. Shortly after his twenty-first birthday, Hal graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, and before he knew it, he was enrolled in an advanced flight training course at Edwards Air Force Base near Los Angeles. Little did he know that a little green ring would soon change his life forever.

Connor's "anonymous" donor was Luthor.
 
I'm contemplating making an iron-man like character for the team. I retract that.
 
Last edited:
Connor's "anonymous" donor was Luthor.

Yeah, but that wasn't revealed until later on, presumably at this step the only person who knows that is Luthor.

Technically my character isn't supposed to know his necklace is Nth Metal, he thinks it's just a family heirloom.
 
tumblr_n46z8c159v1qm14y4o1_500_zps16694366.jpg


Real Name: Marie Lacroix
Code Name: Jinx
Age: Appears in her early-to-mid twenties. Age unknown

Personality: Marie is a very ambitious go-getter with a slightly mean streak. She's feared by many for her probability-based vodoo powers. She has a reputation as being someone not to cross due to her "bitchiness", but she admittedly has a fondness for cripples, bastards and broken things. There are some unseen layers to this otherwise troubled woman. Additionally, she operates an antique shop in Louisiana and seems to be quite the intrepid businesswoman.

Powers and Abilities: Marie has the ability of Probability Control, or manipulation over luck or sometimes bad luck, in Jinx's case-bad luck. Jinx is described as an enchanting sorceress who wields the power of bad luck, which manifests as purple, lightning-like energy blasts/waves fired from her hands. Her powers come from the Orisha's(Vodoo gods), whom she made a pact with. She is what some would call a harmonixer. Meaning she is a living vessel for the gods themselves. A burden she's been all too familiar with since being offered up in a ritual by her occult worshiping parents.

Other than her obvious sorcery based abilites, she is an exceptional gymnast and capable hand-to-hand fighter.
 
Last edited:
Probability control. God that makes me want to bring back my Action Man character.
 
Here are some of the important things to know about my version of the DC Universe:

  • Magic exists, but it has more of a scientific basis: A huge meteor shower rained down over the Mediterranean Sea thousands of years ago, and these space rocks eventually made their way onto the shores of northern Africa and southern Europe. The material emitted an alien radiation that altered the brains of a small percentage of the humans who encountered them, allowing them to harness elemental and physic energies. They were the first magic-wielders of Earth, and became the gods and demons of mythology.

  • The demon lord Trigon began killing off the magical bloodlines to absorb their power, forcing some of the pocket dimensions to close themselves off to protect their citizens. Those who remained to fight Trigon were able to drag him into the Abyss, but at the cost of their own lives. After this event, there were only a handful of people left with any magical ability, and the powers of these few bloodlines weakened over the generations to the point that magic was impossible without constant exposure to Nth metal.
Nubian, How are you going to reconcile her sorcery with the low magic continuity?
 
Nubian, How are you going to reconcile her sorcery with the low magic continuity?

Oooh, that's a good question. I don't mind rewriting the character. I left out the backstory portion because I didn't know how to initially approach the character with magic circumstances and all. It's entirely possible she has a connection to trigon as her parents were occultist, but I liked the vodoo angle. I'll wait for gamemasters word before I make any changers to the character.
 
Last edited:
Nubian, How are you going to reconcile her sorcery with the low magic continuity?

Honestly the quick fix (and I almost took it for Star) was just, it's not magic/Chakra/Ki. It's skill based meta human. Scarlet Witch is a mutant, Storm is a mutant, metagenes have always done what they fucking please because they fucking please.
 
Nubian, does this mean you're putting in Jinx instead of your Iron Man character?

Because I was really starting to like my Natasha Irons idea, I would love keeping her in play.
 
Nubian, does this mean you're putting in Jinx instead of your Iron Man character?

Because I was really starting to like my Natasha Irons idea, I would love keeping her in play.

The ironman character I had in mind was a guy, then I realized there were characters that already fit the bill. I want to keep jinx around more as an NPC to interact with. I like the whole antique shop idea, people can come by from time to time to purchase rare artifacts and such. From a story standpoint, you can do a lot with that.
 
Also, Nubian, if Jinx is a magic-user linked to Trigon, maybe she is Raven in this universe, and just doesn't know it yet?

If you don't love the idea, I can play Raven as a separate character, but I thought that was an interesting concept to toss out there.
 
The ironman character I had in mind was a guy, then I realized there were characters that already fit the bill. I want to keep jinx around more as an NPC to interact with. I like the whole antique shop idea, people can come by from time to time to purchase rare artifacts and such. From a story standpoint, you can do a lot with that.

Oh, we have a tech character already?

Drat.

Hm. :: squints at the list :: Hmmmmm.
 
Nightwing is the closest thing we have to a tech character so far.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

He's equipped with tech, and I'm sure he's capable of doing maintenance on it, but that's not quite the same as having a straight-up engineer.

And while we have physically powerful characters and energy-casters already, we don't have any giant-size-changers, and that throwing-hammer is fairly unique.
 
Back
Top