Storing Toys and Tools

Joined
Jul 8, 2016
Posts
6
Hello there lovelies. I've been looking around the forums for a few months now but haven't really seen anything on this topic (maybe I'm just not good at looking)
Anywho, I was just wondering on how some of you might store your toys and tools so that they are hidden, but kept clean. For example, since I don't have a closet or really any drawers big enough to store my small collection, and since I still live at home so I can't exactly have them out in the open, I store everything in a drawstring bag that I keep in the corner of the room. This produces a bit of a problem as misc. particles get all over them all the time (dirt, hair, dust, etc.) And while I clean them before and after each use, it's still bothersome to have to consistently pick each speck of dirt off my plugs before use, only to have them be worse the next time I take them out.
At some point I'd like to build a box that'll have to be opened a certain way to get to them, but at the time I don't have the means, nor the space to do so.

Thank you in advance, and sorry for the lengthy post
Much love~
 
in your situation you could keep each one in a plastic bag and get a small suitcase or Jim bag to put those in and keep that in the corner. You could even put a small lock on it.
 
We store ours in a large, divided tackle box on the shelf in the closet.

This is with model trains, but you get the idea.
http://www.gp30.com/planobox/

Then you could put the box in a suitcase or gym bag as Sissy suggested.
 
We are using a wood "hope" chest, for lack of a better description. We had it made years ago to store sweaters in but we re purposed it ;-)
 
It would depend on how many toys you need to store...I only have a handful, so right now I'm using a Joyboxx. It's built to be pretty sanitary - it has vents so stuff in there will dry out if it's accidentally forgotten or left over night and it comes with a tray you can use to let your toys dry after you wash them. I love mine- I keep it under my bed. You can read more about it at the website.

And I recently pledged to this Kickstarter for something even better- a toybox that uses UV light to sanitize your toys (or anything else you put in there really). It even charges them as it cleans, so I think it's way worth the cost. Here's the link to that, if you're curious.

Both are pretty nondescript looking and lock for security. But if you have a lot of big toys, then these probably won't be enough.
 
Back
Top