Since most of my friends are on this forum...

BeachMomma

Sweet n Innocent
and those who aren't on this forum perv my posts anyway, I'll post this here.

I won the prize. I get to go for a heart cath Monday. Yippee. </sarcasm>

I've been having chest pains. They're getting bad enough that....well, let's just say they're becoming problematic.

I'm sure BlueBomber will keep everybody up to date while he's waiting for me, and I hope to be back to my regular old self Monday night. With any luck at all, I'll have the procedure Monday morning, then be back to harassing, teasing, tormenting, and just being a general pain in the ass to Stickmann, err, I mean Fucker, Monday night.

All kidding aside, I'm a little worried. I'd sure appreciate all prayers, good thoughts, warm fuzzies, or whatever else your belief system allows. :)

I know I haven't posted much in the HT but I'd like to wish you well Beachmomma and I'll be thinking about you and hope everything goes well :heart:

you have them, beachmomma. my the procedure be boring and your recovery brief.

ed

Thanks, everybody. The good news is - it'll be done in *my* hospital. I'll be a VIP. :D The bad news is - it'll be done in MY hospital. Jesus. LOL I'm cranky when I don't feel good. Ya can't very well be cranky when people you know are working on you. LOL

The best news is - I know my hospital's heart center is among the best in the nation. We've been listed in the Top 100 of the nation for quite some time. I'll be in good hands. (I keep telling myself that.)

The weird part is - if I have to stay, I'll be on my own floor. LOL I've already picked out which nurses I want taking care of me. LOL (She promised me all the morphine she could give me. Ya gotta love that! hehehe)

Hey BeachLady!

This only gets you a small respite from the response I was preparing for dissing Pmann and myself in another thread. ;)

Kidding aside, My time here among the posts and posters has been brief, by both post count and the calendar. I have no illusions of deep, meaningful relationships or bonds of indestructible friendship being formed in a thumbnail of time such as this. Especially when, with the exception of a few posts where I have wrote from the heart (they’re out there, you just gotta find them), I post silly photos and and crack wise. But I have experienced the pleasure of getting to know some folks here a bit, through reading their posts and stories, and through some of the responses to posts, and their experiences that they’ve shared in those posts.

Like it or not, there is a community here and, by just participating and being active in this community, I think we find ourselves caring for folks here, and their well-being. We start to see beyond the avatars and the screen-names / handles. We become friends. Not necessarily in the traditional, real-world fashion, but in the way afforded by the interwebs, PMs, and participation in communities such as Lit.

The above preamble was in response to the first sentence in your thread opener. Lack of sleep and too much coffee are plausible contributors as well - I may go back and edit this away later.

I am sending good thoughts and well-wishes your way BeachMomma. Home court advantage aside, if the doctors, nurses, and staff know of even just half the goodness that resides inside you, I’m certain they will ensure you are well cared for, very comfortable, and come through this routine procedure unscathed.

tumblr_matar65IDd1rrn4vv.gif

Good luck, and may all your arteries be clear, and as clean as a whistle. :)

I wish you the best indeed. I hope that all goes well and that you're back to... Wait. I don't need a pain in my arse. Didn't you see my pic where I shoved a cactus up my arse? I'm still dealing with that mess.

So I wish this... May your heart cath be more pleasant than a cactus up the arse.

I would offer you my heart for a transplant, but it's shriveled and black.

So instead I'll just wish you the very best. You have my thoughts and well wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care!

Everything he said:

Hey BeachLady!

This only gets you a small respite from the response I was preparing for dissing Pmann and myself in another thread. ;)

Kidding aside, My time here among the posts and posters has been brief, by both post count and the calendar. I have no illusions of deep, meaningful relationships or bonds of indestructible friendship being formed in a thumbnail of time such as this. Especially when, with the exception of a few posts where I have wrote from the heart (they’re out there, you just gotta find them), I post silly photos and and crack wise. But I have experienced the pleasure of getting to know some folks here a bit, through reading their posts and stories, and through some of the responses to posts, and their experiences that they’ve shared in those posts.

Like it or not, there is a community here and, by just participating and being active in this community, I think we find ourselves caring for folks here, and their well-being. We start to see beyond the avatars and the screen-names / handles. We become friends. Not necessarily in the traditional, real-world fashion, but in the way afforded by the interwebs, PMs, and participation in communities such as Lit.

The above preamble was in response to the first sentence in your thread opener. Lack of sleep and too much coffee are plausible contributors as well - I may go back and edit this away later.

I am sending good thoughts and well-wishes your way BeachMomma. Home court advantage aside, if the doctors, nurses, and staff know of even just half the goodness that resides inside you, I’m certain they will ensure you are well cared for, very comfortable, and come through this routine procedure unscathed.

I'm not letting you change a word Emerson40. All the posts here on this thread can speak for many - but as usual you have put it just so well.

BeachMomma, if on the road to Monday you are feeling a little cranky, please keep posting - I want to to see how much stick a Fucker can take. :D

In this corner of Lit there are indeed many caring folk who would all reach out with love and support. You do have a collection of very fine friends around you.

Hello BeachMomma,

I don't know you, but I will be happy to give you a mention in my prayers for a few days.

Thanks everybody. I would give a better reply but our fios went out a few days ago. I have to lit from my phone. I do have to respond to a few things though. Hehe

Em, you sweet talker! Your post brought a year to my eye - the good kind. I think you already know that I diss with all the love in my heart. You're both just so much fun to pick on; I can't resist. :devil:

Stickmann, I'm having a heart cath, sugar. This cactus of which you speak is known in the medical world as a colonoscopy. ;). I'll leave anal cacti gouging to you. That is your special talent, after all. :D.

I had to work this weekend. There's no rest for the wicked. I had another bout of symptoms on the job. Awesome. I'd managed to keep it quiet at work until that happened (no small feat considering the hospital grapevine). News of the upcoming cath convinced the house supervisor not to call a rapid response. The cath is a good thing. This thing won't go away no matter how much I will it to.

I'm glad I'm working this weekend. I don't have time to think about it. I do NOT like being on the other side of the hospital bed. That shit ain't for sissies. Oh, the irony of my "episode" - I'd just finished leading interventions for a patient - we forestalled a rapid response on him and managed to keep him out of ICU. Not ten minutes later, my coworkers debated calling a rapid response for me. They said that color grey really doesn't look good on me. :rolleyes: I'm sure I'll rock the hospital gown look though. :D

Hey everyone just popping in to say everything went well. She's recovering right now and should be leaving soon.

On a side note, Hospitals really should have a bar in them. I mean c'mon you can get the best drugs here but can't get a drink sheesh. It would make a trip to the hospital a little more enjoyable. Specially for people that don't like the wretched place.

Have a good day everyone.

Thanks for the update Mr Beach,

Glad to hear all went well. Please pass along the well wishes of everyone here.

I agree with you about the bar, but I suspect there is concern over the "cocktails" that would be concocted when sipping a beverage with one hand while pulling your drug-spiked IV drip with the other. That, and that's where a good number of new "dads" would probably be found shortly after delivery, celebrating their new arrival with a frosty pitcher and playoff game.

Oh and one more thing.

She's happy cause she has a hot looking male nurse. His hot tight ass and the way he serves graham crackers has her drooling and I thought it was just the meds. She's gonna bring him home for a pet. Great, another mouth to feed, gotta love these hospital gowns she can flash her ass or whatever "accidentally" for the said hot nurse.

Hi everybody! Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. It worked because I got a glowing report. I have to stay on bed rest a while longer and he's ordered IV potassium replacement so I get to stick around for that too. I absolutely REFUSE to let one of my coworkers give me a bedpan, so let me just say that the bed rest won't be over one second too soon.

The hot male nurse? Holy shit! Drool worthy, ladies! We might have to consider a sexy scrubs thread. I'd enter his pic. Hehehe

One more thing. $50 for the first person who sneaks me a nicotine patch. $200 for a real honest to god cig! (Lectures cost ya $50 tho.)

Wonder if I've wasted enough time by now that I can go pee? "Oh nuuuurrrrrse! Wanna check my groin?" *batting eyelashes and showing cleavage*

Hi everybody! Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. It worked because I got a glowing report. I have to stay on bed rest a while longer and he's ordered IV potassium replacement so I get to stick around for that too. I absolutely REFUSE to let one of my coworkers give me a bedpan, so let me just say that the bed rest won't be over one second too soon.

The hot male nurse? Holy shit! Drool worthy, ladies! We might have to consider a sexy scrubs thread. I'd enter his pic. Hehehe

One more thing. $50 for the first person who sneaks me a nicotine patch. $200 for a real honest to god cig! (Lectures cost ya $50 tho.)

Wonder if I've wasted enough time by now that I can go pee? "Oh nuuuurrrrrse! Wanna check my groin?" *batting eyelashes and showing cleavage*

That is excellent news! :rose: Rest and get better soon - and thanks for the update.

Only if I can smoke while being lectured. :)

Okay so 'fess up... how many things have you knocked onto the floor just to see Nurse Hot Stuff bend over and pick it up? I'm pretty sure if I thought of it, you've already done it. :D

So glad to hear you are doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :rose:

Hey everyone just popping in to say everything went well. She's recovering right now and should be leaving soon.

On a side note, Hospitals really should have a bar in them. I mean c'mon you can get the best drugs here but can't get a drink sheesh. It would make a trip to the hospital a little more enjoyable. Specially for people that don't like the wretched place.

Have a good day everyone.

You may want to consider a hip flask. If anyone asks you can tell them it is cough medicine. To make the cough medicine more plausible try filling it with Jagermeister that garbage smells and tastes like Vick's 44 any way.

Mike

Back