Quinn's Bar & Restaurant [OOC: Closed. PM for Invite.]

SortOfBeautiful

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Posts
902
Quinn's Bar & Restaurant [OOC: Need girls! PM for invite.]

quinns.jpg


Quinn's Bar & Restaurant.
Not accepting characters at this time, unless PMed by SortofBeautiful. PM for invite, if you're interested.

IC.



Overlooking Elliott Bay in Seattle, Washington, Quinn's Restaurant was built in 1957 on the corner of Pike Street and Broadway. The owners, brothers, Frank and Mark Quinn, passed on the restaurant to Frank's son in 1979 after he graduated college. James Quinn had gone to college for Business, but it was always known when growing up that he would take after his father and uncle's restaurant downtown in Seattle. It wasn't until ten years later that he met his wife, Mary, who now also manages the restaurant.

Well-known around the city to the locals and the tourists, word soon got around about Quinn's famous "local flavor"; seafood caught fresh right in the cold waters of the Puget Sound, wild cocktails, and 14 beers on tap. Quinn's Restaurant is now a favorite for amazing food, casual dining, breath-taking views of the salty Sound and beaches, live music, and friendly, energetic staff.

Over the years, staff at Quinn's Restaurant has come and gone. But then again, the restaurant business has never really been the typical workplace for one to retire. Some employees there now originally applied just to find temporary work while they got their life together, or pay off student loans. While some truly enjoy the work, and don't have the resume or ambition to work anywhere else.

So, this story will follow that staff of Quinn's Restaurant.

They are students, musicians, struggling entrepreneurs, mothers, etc. And while each of them are different in size, personality, and age, the Restaurant is the one place they are all brought together, no matter what they have going on in their life. Every night, drama is promised, as well as tears, and stress. All it takes is for one broken glass, one rude customer, or one argument with the boss to send everything downhill. Like a domino, one person's fall effects the rest.

Will the new staff be able to stand the busy weekends and teasing of the senior employees? With different personalities under one roof, can they all remain professional while on the clock? What happens when the aprons are off and restaurant is closed?

One thing's for sure...not one moment at Quinn's will be dull.


Rules:
1. All characters must be approved by SortofBeautiful before you can start posting in the IC thread. I have a right to decline anyone if I feel either the author or character will not work in this group, or if we are full.
2. Try and post at least once a week. If at any point you are away or unable to post, you must notify the GM in private, or in the OOC thread so the other writers are aware as well. This is a group story, so communication is important!
3. All posts must be at least 200 words. More would be wonderful. Writing only dialogue and action is simply not enough. Write your surroundings. Characters have thoughts, too. If not enough is happening in the story, be creative and make something happen.
4. Check the OOC often for possible news, updates, communication with other writers, and plotting.
5. This is obviously an open setting, so don't be afraid to get creative! I have ideas in mind that I will add, but everyone should feel comfortable adding your own twists and drama. All input and ideas are encouraged, so feel free to add suggestions in the OOC thread, or PM me if you have any questions.
6. All sex-related scenes that aren't related to what's going on with the group are allowed to be taken out of the thread, and made separately. You can post a link to the thread IC, if you'd like for others to read, but please make sure it is clear in character where your characters are, and what they are doing so everyone knows why you may have left the scene.
7. I will write the owners, Mary and James Quinn, and bring them in when I feel they are needed. If at any point you need to do something with them, please communicate that to me so I can make sure they are being used properly.

Restaurant Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8am to 11pm.
Friday-Sunday: 9am to 2am.

Happy hour (bar): - 3pm-7pm.
Back patio overlooking the Sound is closed from 10pm-closing.​


Quinn's Staff:

Management:
James Quinn.
Mary Quinn.
Joseph Quinn. (Owner's son, not management yet.)

Waiters/Waitress:
Brooke Bailey.
Avery James.

Hostess/Host:
Elizabeth Kessler.

Bartender:
Brian Pulaski.

Chefs:
Sidney Gunn.

Bus boy/Dishwasher:
Ryan Cruise.
Ethan Demas.

Other Characters:
Logan Masters.



Character Sheet:
Name:
Age: 18+
Hometown: (They can be from anywhere, originally.)
Occupation: Either at Quinn's, or if they're a customer, musician, etc...
Picture: Link only.
Personality: Be a descriptive as possible.
History: Brief background, anything that might help in getting to know them further.​


 
Last edited:
Profiles can be posted in this thread, so they can be linked to the opening post. Please let me know if you need any help, or have any questions!

See the OP for possible occupations, or other characters, such as customers, musicians, etc.
 
((Can I claim Firsties Here? Woop Woop))

*Name:* Brian Pulaski

*Age:*
29

*Hometown:* Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin

*Occupation:*
Bartender (For "years" .. appx 4 or 5)

*Picture:*
Second Try on the picture link


*Personality:*
Some people pour drinks and pull taps; Brian looks like he was born to stand behind a bar. He is confidently quiet, unafraid to jump in with a bit of quick wit, to instigate a little trouble, and even to chat up a girl or two that crosses his line of sight. Nobody would call him a braggart though, and he rarely talks about himself. Instead, he is quick to focus on the customers -- willing to welcome anyone while mixing & pouring, or listen to what they have to say, and can make just about anything someone wants to throw at him to put in a glass taste like they are in a much more expensive place than Quinn’s is.

Brian is a guy’s guy too. On his off days, you can find him hiking in the mountains or taking his kayak out on the water, rain or shine. He tends to arrive on his bike, or choosing to take a long walk from his studio to Quinns, which just accents his strong lean frame. He can keep up with any sports talk that bounce across the bar, and about the only thing he appears to be completely committed to is his beloved Packers.
He gets over the top judgmental about girls who are too grabby and too slutty around the bar area. He gets just as much of an attitude for those guys who want to be egotistical douchebags to women as well. Most of the time he’ll let people alone if they aren’t making an ass out of themselves, but part of his job is separating those customers who are good to him and those who aren’t good to anyone.

Still, he remains aloof. He rarely lets a drunk customer hit on him to the point where he shows any interest in them. He hasn’t had a steady girlfriend in the years he worked at l. He’s been known to take a girl home or two, Rumor was for a bit that he had some girl he shacked up with that he didn’t talk about, but noone ever seen this rumored woman. It’s part of the odd mystery about him.

*History:* Brian looks like he was born to stand behind a bar, because he was practically raised there. In a more open minded bar scene of Wisconsin, he spent most nights behind the bar his mom tended doing his homework, playing, and sleeping until closing. He learned bartending before he was old enough to sit on a bar stool. It all just came easy to him. He took some business management courses, but jobs were slim. He realized that if he didn’t do something he was going to get stuck behind the same bar his mom sent most her adult life.

So when his college girlfriend suggested they make a move to Portland when she got a corporate job, he jumped on it. He worked in a warehouse to round out their income, but her pay was enough for them to live easily. Quickly he learned his love for the outdoors and lived a simple life with her. Until the day he came home to find a musclebound douchebag riding her like a racehorse.

He got out of there as fast her could. Since he had little money of his own, the best he could do was to find his way to Seattle. While it wasn’t the dingy old bars of his youth, he felt the only smart thing to do is go back to what he knew … and he knew how to tend bar.
 
Last edited:
Haha, you're a fast one! He's going to be a great addition. :)

By the way, your picture link doesn't seem to be working.
 
D'oh! I'm still working out the kinks of my character. You'll LOVE her! Cuz I sayz so. =P
 
Take your time. I was going to get this up tomorrow, but since some people had theirs ready, I thought it wouldn't hurt. :) Can't wait to see her!
 
Link is fixed ... I hope.
Besides, you girls like more of the strong awesome guy ... not the ones that are good with computers. :)
 
Name: Brooke Bailey.
Age: Twenty-three.
Hometown: Seattle, WA
Occupation: Full-time waitress (for 4 years now).
Picture: http://i.minus.com/iv3K2iZchXSB9.gif

Personality:

Although she doesn't mean it, Brooke may seem like the only person who gets herself in the most awkward situations imaginable. Talkative, a little too much, and quirky in her own way, Brooke can ramble off even the most patient monk's ear. The slight scratch to her voice and tone, however, gives her the laid-back voice fit for plenty of talking. Now if it was anything high pitched, she'd probably wouldn't even want to listen to herself. Her laugh, addicting, especially with the occasional snort, and her smile, that she often decorates with a scrunched up nose tend to leave people she speaks to, in an easy and relaxed mood. Whoever said a little laughter here and there wasn't good for the heart? Accommodating and witty, Brooke can survive the worst customer situation, as for her body movements being agile and smooth? Forget about it, she's as klutzy as they come, maybe even more so-- it's as if her limbs do not cooperate with the world around her. There's always a doorknob to bump into, a chair, tray or glass to knock over, there's always that friendly but accidental smack in the face, boob, chest, and an occasional elbow in the stomach. Those who've known Brooke the longest, nicknamed her a walking danger to the innocent, something silly to excuse her klutziness.

Frisky in bed, Brooke plays the role of a hungry girlfriend quite well, but there was always the problem of her relationships lasting only two to three months. Easily bored, and prone to chasing than being chased, unfortunately, she tends to get left blindsided by the actual chase and the excitement of a new relationship. She often overlooks the flaws that would not work for her in the long-term. Not necessarily naive, maybe a bit optimistic and gullible, Brooke has temporarily given up in her search and is just taking it one day at a time. Although, her natural charm and flirtatious behavior might give others the wrong impression.

History:

From the second she came into the world, Brooke bailey was a force to be reckoned with. Born a month early, Brooke easily took the attention away from her older brother who was eight at the time. No matter where they were, she charmed other people, and fought to be the center of everything. She wasn't happy unless the spotlight was on her. It didn't take long for the young child to learn that if she whined, or complained, she usually got whatever she wanted. And that attitude stayed with her for many years until her parents split up.

Brooke's father found what Brooke considered to be a younger, and 'perkier' version of her mom, and the teenager couldn't stand to be around her dad or new step-mom any longer. She felt she was lied to her whole life about love, marriage, and family, and she held no more respect for her father. It was then that Brooke looked back to realize that the dad she grew up with only showed her love through his bank account, rather than his actions. And...okay, yes, so she also grew jealous of the lack of attention from her father with his new wife in the picture now. And now she knew how her brother felt when she was born.

Too proud to live with either of her parents, Brooke moved in with her older brother in downtown Seattle on one condition from him; she stop living off dad's money, and get a job.

Quinn's Restaurant was the only job that Brooke applied for, and she was hired instantly at the time since they were desperate for a dishwasher. But the spoiled teenager had never been good at cleaning anything, so it didn't take long for Mr. and Mrs. Quinn to see that Brooke ran her mouth faster than she washed the dishes, so they instantly moved her up to a waitress four years ago.
 
Got some faaaaast ones in here, for sure! Okay, I can play too..*the most he can do at this point is...CLAIM the(or one of??) (PART-TIME) BUS BOY position, for his...colorful character! Rest one and all assured, there shan't be disappointment...**gulp*


;)
 
I actually like guys that are computer savvy, like the outdoors, have a sense of humor and body aware enough to be able to make me unbalanced and THEN throw me over his shoulder. =D Mwahahahahahha!
 
Name: Avery James

Age: 23

Hometown: Winston Salem, North Carolina

Occupation: Part-time bartender/waitress (3 months). Full-time mother

Picture: Avery


Personality: Quiet loner is probably the best way to describe Avery James. She is your quintessential shy girl who is happier tucked away in the corner of a room, completely ignored by everyone, rather than being in the center of the action. This has to do, however, with the abuse she’s suffered in recent years, abuse that has left her with little self-esteem and a desire to be invisible. Underneath the terrified exterior, however, Avery is a fiercely protective mother who will do anything to keep her child safe. She is soft-hearted and wants nothing more than to do what is right, even if that means sacrificing what she wants or needs.

While many people seek adventure and excitement in their lives, Avery just wants to have a place to call home, a place where she can feel safe and secure and loved. This desire has led her to make quite a few bad choices in her life. But these bad choices have not broken her spirit, not entirely. She still longs for a home and won’t rest until she finds a place where she and her son can set down roots.

It takes some time for Avery to warm up to people, even as a little girl she was not very outgoing. But, after awhile, she opens up and allows people to see the softer side of her. The side where she’s quick to laugh at corny jokes – sometimes so hard that she snorts – the side that loves music and dancing to any song that comes onto the radio.

When it comes to customers at Quinn’s, Avery is quiet and observant. She doesn’t let the overly flirtatious men pull her into a conversation, all too aware of where that sort of flirtation can lead. She hasn’t had a boyfriend since leaving her husband and she’s in no rush to meet a man. Sometimes, though, she gets lonely and would like to find someone who makes her feel special and who loves her the way a man should love a woman.

History: A house, it’s a pretty basic concept: a solid foundation, four walls, a few windows and a door. Houses aren’t supposed to have wheels, they aren’t supposed to move from place to place every few months. But, growing up, Avery didn’t know any different. She didn’t know what it was like to have friends, to have stability in her life. As the daughter of musicians who believed that Woodstock should never have ended, Avery was no stranger to finding her parents high as a kite or passed out in a drunken stupor.

When she was little it had all seemed like fun. Living in a house with wheels, parents who didn’t believe in rules or discipline, never having to go to school, it had all been a child’s dream. But, Avery grew out of it and she began to long for stability and structure.

Then she met Dean. Dean Cranston was everything that Avery could hope for in a man. He had a steady job, owned his own home – which, to Avery’s delight, was a modest ranch style that did not have wheels – and he worshiped the ground that Avery walked on. Theirs was a whirlwind romance, she was nineteen and in search of a place to call home, he was twenty-seven and a mortgage broker. They met in the café where Avery worked and, after a few short months, were engaged.

A fairytale, that was the best way Avery could describe those first few years together. Everything was perfect. Until Dean started to drink. It had all started so innocently, a beer after work became a couple of beers, then more and more until Avery had to carry him to bed each night because he was too drunk to walk. When Avery told him she was pregnant, Dean hit her for the first time. He apologized afterwards, he always apologized after the alcohol had worn off, and like a fool Avery believed, each time, that he truly meant what he said.

It wasn’t until her son was two years old that Avery finally decided that enough was enough. Dean’s abuse had grown to the point where she could no longer leave the house, the bruises were too obvious despite the makeup. And so, she packed up her things and her son’s and left while Dean was at work. She hopped onto the first bus she saw and never looked back.

Ashamed and afraid of her past, Avery keeps her marriage and her son a secret from most of the people she works with.
 
Last edited:
Get that bus boy submitted, Lach. ;)

Artic, the pic works now, thanks for changing it.

Suga, the profile looks great. For now, I'm going to put her in the waitress category, unless at some point she needs to be move to bartender. With what I have planned for the first night, she might be moved back and forth between the two. :) Oh, and your picture doesn't seem to be working for me either. Unless it's just my computer...
 
Then, yep! It's definitely my retarded computer.

Oops! Google Chrome could not find trendsbreaker.com

That's the message I got. Fucking chrome.

Also, if you guys could put in your bio how long your character has been working at Quinn's, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)
 
Tara Seong

Name: Tara Seong (Hye Yoon Seong)
Age: 24
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Occupation: Musician & Part Time Bartender (6 months at Quinn's)
 
Last edited:
Ha! I had to recreate my character after I read what everyone posted. Hope this works! =)
 
Name: Rhys Blackwood

Age: 30

Hometown: Everet Washington

Occupation: Sous Chef (One year)

Picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredalden/5577518470/

Personality: Rhys is thoughtful and somewhat aloof. It isn’t that he doesn’t like people or even socializing per se, but he spends so much time in his own head, thinking and observing that people who don’t know him might get the wrong impression. His personal style is a moderately “biker bad-ass”, which combined with his towering 6’6” frame adds a heavy layer of intimidation that only makes his apparent standoffishness worse. Beneath his shell of mystery and contemplation lies a heart that would easily bleed for a stranger. His primary motivation is to feel accepted and faun over anyone (particularly a attractive female) who strokes his ego. He has deep, passionate emotions that spill out under duress. An overseer who pushes JUST the wrong button will get an earful and anyone trying to harm a co-worker or customer will be bounced out with several welts and bruises. He is an expert with a chef’s knife, hacking vegetables into precise morsels in an eye-blink. But his greatest talent is with sauces. What Rhys can do with a simple roux and a well-stoked spice rack is pure magic.

History: Rhys grew up in a single-parent home. He never knew his dad but his mother insists he was the result of a one-night fling with a professional wrestler. His mom was overly lenient and Rhys got into many fights and dabbled in pot, liquor and hard drugs. Despite his delinquent lifestyle he managed to pull off rather high grades and went of the college where he majored in Philosophy. After graduating he experienced an existential crisis. He bought a motorcycle and lived on the road reading Nietzsche and works on existential nihilism. He travelled from town to town, gravitating to civic and college libraries, which served as places to read and wash up. He took odd jobs and was reasonably satisfied with his life until his mother’s death a year and a half ago. He had not contacted home in a couple of months and in the meantime his mom had contracted stage 4 lung cancer. After burying his mother Rhys settled down in Seattle, sought a job and closed the door on yet another chapter of his life.
 
So many new hires...fresh meat for Brooke to mess with. *Rubs hands together*

Thanks for getting everything in so quickly! I'm hoping for 2-3 more profiles...but if you guys know anyone, preferably male, who is interested, please have them message me or submit a profile if you think they can abide by the rules.

I have a few girls that want in, but I want to make sure the numbers are as even as possible. Thanks! :)
 
Hmm...well, someone asked me to take an interest in the thread, so I think I might throw a lot in. I'll guess I'll go with the dishwasher. :p
 
Last edited:
I'm working on a couple ideas. So let's see what I can come up with.
 
Crazy? I can do crazy. Normal ain't no fun anyway. :p

**Cheers**

Yes!!! Currently, as you can see, we have awesome people who are mostly quiet. If I had to throw around hats. The hats would be the following: hero in waiting, true love's desire, damsel in distress, bard and Templar/monk.

:cool: ;)
 
**Cheers**

Yes!!! Currently, as you can see, we have awesome people who are mostly quiet. If I had to throw around hats. The hats would be the following: hero in waiting, true love's desire, damsel in distress, bard and Templar/monk.

:cool: ;)

Hmmm. How about the 'I need my meds to keep the dog from telling me to kill people crazy'?

That's a joke...mostly. I'll think of something interesting enough without going off the deep end.
 
Ya know. I could have been a psychic. Hahahah! Hippy tie dye and crazy color hair and tarot cards. Woo! Maybe next time.
 
Back
Top