World of Warcraft players?

OnCloudSixty9

Literotica Guru
I'm female, 30, single (check my pic threads if you're curious). I'd love to eventually end up with someone who I could play wow with, and open to just friends of course too. With the expansion coming up soon I figured a lot of people might be coming back to it after a break. My main is a gnome hunter on wyrmrest accord named Lowlita :p If you play feel free to add my battle net at omgpwny#1661 !

I'm female, 30, single (check my pic threads if you're curious). I'd love to eventually end up with someone who I could play wow with, and open to just friends of course too. With the expansion coming up soon I figured a lot of people might be coming back to it after a break. My main is a gnome hunter on wyrmrest accord named Lowlita :p If you play feel free to add my battle net at omgpwny#1661 !

I just logged off for the night lol!
NE hunter on SWC - Setsuna

I'm looking forward to it. I've met a great group of people this expansion, made Legion so much enjoyable.
Hoping to ride that wave to the next.

I am with a guild I met on FetLife and they are fantastic people.. the right group definitely makes the game way more fun

This is true. Did you pre order your copies, did you get regular or digital deluxe?

My main is a gnome hunter on wyrmrest accord named Lowlita :p If you play feel free to add my battle net at omgpwny#1661 !

It is always good to make new friends. :) .Bnet request sent from Spleeneater#1783.
My mains are an orc warrior (Spleeneater) on Earthen Ring and an Alliance panda shaman on Skywall (named her Mistwoven before I knew that mistweaver was a thing, lol), but I am open to playing wherever/cross-server.

Excellently cute and punny name for your gnome, btw! ;)

This post is old as heck, but Im still playing wow on wyrmrest accord alliance with a freaking awesome guild I met on fetlife - if anyone plays and wants to hang out lemme know ^^

Currently playing on classic, might return to retail for new patch. Currently playing horde though.

Umm ...

oFaGBPw.gif

Seriously though, I used to play WoW faaaaar too much. Ally DH. Like a boss.

I'm currently off but I'm looking forward to Shadowlands. Are people positive about this expansion coming out?

Hard to say. Many I've heard from are excited over new story content, some quality changes, and new races etc but know that after a short while it will revert to more of the same grind fest its always been. Really depends on what they do with pvp as well as its hardly a factor now compared to past expacs

Umm ...

oFaGBPw.gif

Seriously though, I used to play WoW faaaaar too much. Ally DH. Like a boss.

I'm currently off but I'm looking forward to Shadowlands. Are people positive about this expansion coming out?

Hard to say. Many I've heard from are excited over new story content, some quality changes, and new races etc but know that after a short while it will revert to more of the same grind fest its always been. Really depends on what they do with pvp as well as its hardly a factor now compared to past expacs

Hmm ...

To be honest - and bringing out my hidden geek here - I don't care so much about new races, as such. I mean, what ... it leads to a 1% haste or crit chance?

The story is ... intriguing. Whether it holds up or not is a different question.

I used to be all about Mythic runs and raids. That doesn't seem to have been discussed yet.

Seems there's a lot of mystery in the air!

.. agree about the PVP. I was never a massive pro at it but it seemed to be pushed to the side. Same with arena!

BGs are why i keep playing. Haven't had a steady arena partner since Mists. New LFG is helpful to find groups but sometimes isnt worth the hassle as world quests and other content can give similar gear just at a much slower pace

Hmm ...

To be honest - and bringing out my hidden geek here - I don't care so much about new races, as such. I mean, what ... it leads to a 1% haste or crit chance?

The story is ... intriguing. Whether it holds up or not is a different question.

I used to be all about Mythic runs and raids. That doesn't seem to have been discussed yet.

Seems there's a lot of mystery in the air!

.. agree about the PVP. I was never a massive pro at it but it seemed to be pushed to the side. Same with arena!

Still on alliance / wyrmrest accord - have gotten into a bit of pvp but my guild and I do a bit of everything. Friend me at omgpwny#1661 <3

I miss my raiding days. I miss WoW. I was beta tester for the release. Played for many many years. I am sometimes tempted to give it a try again..

How do you feel about it now?

I still enjoy parts of the game but the elitist have ruined raids for me so I always wait till the next expansion and go back and run the raids. I hope Shadow Lands does something different as I didn't think BFA was than much fun where as Legion was a lot of fun for me.

I picked up WoW the day it hit the market. At the time I was pulling double duty as an instructor and network administrator at a school and was positively enthralled by the opening cinematic teaser where a dwarf wearing a fur coat and his pet bear were coming out of a snowstorm. At least at that time in the trade, it was widely acknowledged that hair and snow were the two most difficult things to render. And here these people from Blizzard were leading with that! They must have needed a wheelbarrow when they got up from their desks!

I had... ah... something of a battle with my beloved bride the weekend I spent thirty-six hours in Alterac Valley (in the same battle). Nineteen of it on that stupid "who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put a bridge here" bridge. Logged off, shut down, unplugged my computer, and shoved it in a closet sometime just prior to Burning Crusade being released.

A while later, a friend and colleague who had known I had played kept bringing it up in the presence of students, in an attempt to lure me back and get a guild of students and teachers from the college going.

In my best paladin manner, I scooped up the side of a computer case I had open to use as a shield and a nearby hammer and chased his ass outta my classroom...

...right into the director of the campus. Who, obviously, wanted to know what was going on. And when my not-friend explained thought it was a wonderful idea, since he played too. And got his boss involved, since he played as well.

Et tu, Brutae?

I was stalwart, however. And categorically refused to imperil my domestic bliss by getting sucked back in, so that I could spend my time away from work with my wife that put up with enough of my shenanigans.

Until those bastards did something so underhanded, so deceitful, so incredibly manipulative...

They gave my wife her own copy!

Revenge, however, is sweet as I gave each of their spouses their own copy for Christmas. That showed those fuckers!

And, alright. It was pretty cool running a character with my wife running a character and showing her Azaroth that I'd already explored and then discovering Outlands with her by my side.

But, those bastards fuckery was not yet complete. Oh, no.

There I was, just a lowly instructor, sucked back into a game by my supervisor and his supervisor in collusion with a co-worker that didn't know when to keep his mouth shut. So, who got stuck as guild master for our campus guild? <<<insert Q-bert imitation here>>>

The thing is, it's awfully difficult to go running around carefree and just exploring with the woman you love running a character beside you when you are constantly having to pause to herd cats.

So, she came up with the idea to create characters on the Horde side that no one knew about (this was before the battle.net friend tracker).

And, it worked! We would spend an hour or two each evening running the school guild on the Alliance side and then say good night, log off, and log back in on the Horde side to spend some time just the two of us.

Then, one fine evening we came riding out into Arathi Highlands to see a group of familiar names flagged up.

In my defense, I was NOT the first to go plunging down the hill cackling like a madwoman!

But, yes. I did rather cheerfully follow after.

And it was my idea to retreat from the corpses to a far corner and wait awhile before riding back out to find that, just as I had expected, they had called reinforcements that were riding around, flagged up. And most likely flooding the guild chat with smack talk.

And again with an even larger group.

And again until probably every guild member currently online was there. And probably phones were ringing. Ours did. We ignored it.

However, again in my defense, it was not me who came up with the idea to go see if we could find them again the next night and the night after that.

It was no real surprise the night one of my brighter students put two and two together and a level one whispered (in chat), "Mr. G? Is that you?"

More and more figured it out and came over. Until eventually we were outed during a guild meeting in the breakroom when one of us hooted "there weren't sixty of us! There were only ten!"

And the director's head swiveled like a tank turret right to me.

I shrugged and said, "your boss is Alliance. Tell me you haven't had thoughts of switching to Horde."

And so my wife and I became co-guild masters to two school guilds on both sides of the faction line.

Life, however, is not without its trials and tribulations. And the Lich King expansion hadn't quite run it's full course when I was laid low with health issues that not only cost my job but pretty much turned me into a couch worm between visits to white-jacketed menaces that might as well have flown south for the winter.

Not long after, my wife's health issues caught up with her, also costing her job, but not quite laying her out just yet. But, it wasn't as much fun for her to run the characters she had created to run with me and eventually drifted away from the guilds and the server where people kept asking about me to another where no one knew us.

Eventually one duck smarter than the others figured out what was going on with me well enough to at least get me able to get up and do some things. And my delicate bride knew best just how to play me to get me to start playing again with her on her new server, without all the others.

I wasn't as good anymore, having lost quite a bit of motor function (and no little cognition and focus). But, it was alright as I played with her, her son, one friend of ours that kept in touch, and (eventually) her son's wife during much shorter bursts of play before I would have to stop and rest as we explored new expansions.

On October 4th, 2017, my wife logged off after taking the last of her characters to the Darkmoon Faire to do the profession quests that she was going to bother with after I'd had to log off earlier, hurting too much to keep playing. Yawning sleepily as she mentioned what she wanted for us to do together the next time I was able to play.

In the evening of October 5th, when I tried to wake her because she hadn't eaten, having "slept" the day away, I discovered that she was not just sleeping but had gone on to check out the next great adventure without me in her sleep.

On October 7th, I posted about her death on the WoW forums.

On October 9th, someone found my post there and (without my knowledge) did a youtube recording of it.

On October 21st, what would have been her sixty-first birthday, her son and his wife and that friend of ours came to visit and brought their computers for a LAN party. We put on Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World as we rode around collecting Candy Buckets for the Halloween festivities, the way we had celebrated her birthday for years (mine being the bonfires in summer).

I couldn't play anymore. I tried a couple of times, while the kids were visiting. But, it just hurt too much and I would end up canceling my subscription once more after they left.

That friend of ours contacted me for the first time in almost a year a few weeks ago on my birthday. And during the conversation mentioned there is a new expansion coming out.

I just don't see the point in getting it. Not for me.

But, I'm glad that WoW is still there. That there are people who are still playing it. It held a lot of fond memories for me.

Thank you for this thread. For reminding me and allowing me a trip down memory lane this morning. I wish all of you still playing as much joy as Azeroth brought us over the years.

I miss my raiding days. I miss WoW. I was beta tester for the release. Played for many many years. I am sometimes tempted to give it a try again..

How do you feel about it now?

Honestly I love it now and have adored this expansion .. but I am a relaxed and casual player. I mostly like collecting pets, leveling, and just hanging out doing whatever bs my guild wants to get into. If you ever want to check it out again let me know and I'll send you a referral and teach you my Zen ways šŸ˜

I picked up WoW the day it hit the market. At the time I was pulling double duty as an instructor and network administrator at a school and was positively enthralled by the opening cinematic teaser where a dwarf wearing a fur coat and his pet bear were coming out of a snowstorm. At least at that time in the trade, it was widely acknowledged that hair and snow were the two most difficult things to render. And here these people from Blizzard were leading with that! They must have needed a wheelbarrow when they got up from their desks!

I had... ah... something of a battle with my beloved bride the weekend I spent thirty-six hours in Alterac Valley (in the same battle). Nineteen of it on that stupid "who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put a bridge here" bridge. Logged off, shut down, unplugged my computer, and shoved it in a closet sometime just prior to Burning Crusade being released.

A while later, a friend and colleague who had known I had played kept bringing it up in the presence of students, in an attempt to lure me back and get a guild of students and teachers from the college going.

In my best paladin manner, I scooped up the side of a computer case I had open to use as a shield and a nearby hammer and chased his ass outta my classroom...

...right into the director of the campus. Who, obviously, wanted to know what was going on. And when my not-friend explained thought it was a wonderful idea, since he played too. And got his boss involved, since he played as well.

Et tu, Brutae?

I was stalwart, however. And categorically refused to imperil my domestic bliss by getting sucked back in, so that I could spend my time away from work with my wife that put up with enough of my shenanigans.

Until those bastards did something so underhanded, so deceitful, so incredibly manipulative...

They gave my wife her own copy!

Revenge, however, is sweet as I gave each of their spouses their own copy for Christmas. That showed those fuckers!

And, alright. It was pretty cool running a character with my wife running a character and showing her Azaroth that I'd already explored and then discovering Outlands with her by my side.

But, those bastards fuckery was not yet complete. Oh, no.

There I was, just a lowly instructor, sucked back into a game by my supervisor and his supervisor in collusion with a co-worker that didn't know when to keep his mouth shut. So, who got stuck as guild master for our campus guild? <<<insert Q-bert imitation here>>>

The thing is, it's awfully difficult to go running around carefree and just exploring with the woman you love running a character beside you when you are constantly having to pause to herd cats.

So, she came up with the idea to create characters on the Horde side that no one knew about (this was before the battle.net friend tracker).

And, it worked! We would spend an hour or two each evening running the school guild on the Alliance side and then say good night, log off, and log back in on the Horde side to spend some time just the two of us.

Then, one fine evening we came riding out into Arathi Highlands to see a group of familiar names flagged up.

In my defense, I was NOT the first to go plunging down the hill cackling like a madwoman!

But, yes. I did rather cheerfully follow after.

And it was my idea to retreat from the corpses to a far corner and wait awhile before riding back out to find that, just as I had expected, they had called reinforcements that were riding around, flagged up. And most likely flooding the guild chat with smack talk.

And again with an even larger group.

And again until probably every guild member currently online was there. And probably phones were ringing. Ours did. We ignored it.

However, again in my defense, it was not me who came up with the idea to go see if we could find them again the next night and the night after that.

It was no real surprise the night one of my brighter students put two and two together and a level one whispered (in chat), "Mr. G? Is that you?"

More and more figured it out and came over. Until eventually we were outed during a guild meeting in the breakroom when one of us hooted "there weren't sixty of us! There were only ten!"

And the director's head swiveled like a tank turret right to me.

I shrugged and said, "your boss is Alliance. Tell me you haven't had thoughts of switching to Horde."

And so my wife and I became co-guild masters to two school guilds on both sides of the faction line.

Life, however, is not without its trials and tribulations. And the Lich King expansion hadn't quite run it's full course when I was laid low with health issues that not only cost my job but pretty much turned me into a couch worm between visits to white-jacketed menaces that might as well have flown south for the winter.

Not long after, my wife's health issues caught up with her, also costing her job, but not quite laying her out just yet. But, it wasn't as much fun for her to run the characters she had created to run with me and eventually drifted away from the guilds and the server where people kept asking about me to another where no one knew us.

Eventually one duck smarter than the others figured out what was going on with me well enough to at least get me able to get up and do some things. And my delicate bride knew best just how to play me to get me to start playing again with her on her new server, without all the others.

I wasn't as good anymore, having lost quite a bit of motor function (and no little cognition and focus). But, it was alright as I played with her, her son, one friend of ours that kept in touch, and (eventually) her son's wife during much shorter bursts of play before I would have to stop and rest as we explored new expansions.

On October 4th, 2017, my wife logged off after taking the last of her characters to the Darkmoon Faire to do the profession quests that she was going to bother with after I'd had to log off earlier, hurting too much to keep playing. Yawning sleepily as she mentioned what she wanted for us to do together the next time I was able to play.

In the evening of October 5th, when I tried to wake her because she hadn't eaten, having "slept" the day away, I discovered that she was not just sleeping but had gone on to check out the next great adventure without me in her sleep.

On October 7th, I posted about her death on the WoW forums.

On October 9th, someone found my post there and (without my knowledge) did a youtube recording of it.

On October 21st, what would have been her sixty-first birthday, her son and his wife and that friend of ours came to visit and brought their computers for a LAN party. We put on Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World as we rode around collecting Candy Buckets for the Halloween festivities, the way we had celebrated her birthday for years (mine being the bonfires in summer).

I couldn't play anymore. I tried a couple of times, while the kids were visiting. But, it just hurt too much and I would end up canceling my subscription once more after they left.

That friend of ours contacted me for the first time in almost a year a few weeks ago on my birthday. And during the conversation mentioned there is a new expansion coming out.

I just don't see the point in getting it. Not for me.

But, I'm glad that WoW is still there. That there are people who are still playing it. It held a lot of fond memories for me.

Thank you for this thread. For reminding me and allowing me a trip down memory lane this morning. I wish all of you still playing as much joy as Azeroth brought us over the years.
I'm so glad I took the time to read this .. what a beautiful story that honestly left me in tears.

Back