is there a way to respond to comments on a published story?

Freakyshygirl

Virgin
Joined
Jan 1, 2018
Posts
5
Hi all!

You were very kind in helping me out with my previous question, on story length.

Ive had my first story published and just submitted the second one (I sort of split it into a 'his' and 'hers' version which cut down the length but also I think works better than having two different perspectives in the same story). Ive had a couple of comments already and they have been friendly which is awesome, but someone has asked a question and I dont know if I can answer questions in the comment section, even if I wanted to. Is that possible or something that isnt done? Im still figuring this whole website out from an author's perspective.

Thanks again!
 
It depends on if they posted anonymously. Which I'm going to assume they didn't.

When a member comments on a story, you will notice their name is BLUE. Click on that and it will take you to their member page. From there, select the tab marked "contact". You can type a message in there and it will be sent to the email they used to join.

The other alternative is to post your answer in your own comment to the same story.

That's all I can think of.
 
You can't actually "reply" to a comment the way you can on Facebook say. I usually just write my own comment with a header relating to the question. Look at the comments on any of my stories and you'll see an example of two.
 
What Chloe said.

I have replied to Anonymous comments by posting my own comment to my story in reply. I've seen other authors do this too.

If the author is not anonymous you can send that author a message by going to the author's public profile page and clicking on contact, or sending them a private message if they have an author profile.
 
What Chloe said.

I have replied to Anonymous comments by posting my own comment to my story in reply. I've seen other authors do this too.

If the author is not anonymous you can send that author a message by going to the author's public profile page and clicking on contact, or sending them a private message if they have an author profile.

Mostly I'll reply publicly via a comment if they commented and if they contacted me via the feedback form with an email I'll reply that way.

That said, I have a Chloetzang email address specifically for Literotica emails.
 
If you are going to try to send a message to the person who left the comment, send a quick message to see if they are reading the email associated with their account. Many people do not.
 
As has been said, do your own comment in the 'comments section' of the story, or click on the commenter's name - if it's not anonymous, and use the 'contact' button.

I try to refer back to the original comment, tell them I'm replying to it. If I'm using the contact button, I copy and paste their own comment - to remind them what they said.

I do this because in the past, there were times I wrote several comments on several stories, and then a week later got a thank you. The email had no identification as to which author or which story, and the return address did not include the Lit name.

And, to be honest, I couldn't remember which stories I commented on.

So I make sure to remind them what they said, and what story they commented on.
 
Back
Top