Dangerous Duets ~ Incubus and his Muse (Closed for Veroe)

IC: Canaan Alexander

Once they got back out side he reached his Harley and looked back to her, "Do you want to sit in front and drive us home?"

Karena shook her head, "I enjoy curling up against you as we ride."

That made Canaan smile back at her. "Then climb on behind me, darling."

He enjoyed the feel of her snuggling in against his back with her arms wrapped around his torso. "Yeah we can take the guitar... Which one?"

He chuckled, "You would have several laying around. I'll have to play all of them to figure out which one really sings for me before heading over to Audra's."

With a smirk she pulled up and kissed his cheek over his shoulder.

He chuckled again, "C'mon, let's go." He brought the Harley to life and pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road again.

They were on the way home.

----------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

"Yeah, we have," He agreed softly before nodding to their food, "Shall we get started on our lunches before they get too cold?"

They opened the take out boxes as she told him, "Well since Percy knows about our daughter now... And she is grown..."

He was opening his bottle of green tea brow creased, "What are you getting at?"

"Do we really have to keep her away from us," She explained, "Perhaps we should reach out and try to bring her home."

He stopped what he was doing looking at her. "That's wishful thinking. We both know Persey is not the only one who'd love to hurt our daughter to settle an old grudge against either one or both of us. Compared to some of our enemies out there Perrsey in most ways is the least of our worries."
 
Karena curled close against his back as they headed home. She let everything from Tallos and the Cyclops vanish from her mind for now. With a purr near his ear at every red light. She did let her mind wander a little about the two of them and how safe and natural it felt having him around. Audra's was one of the few places she would venture outside of the Badlands frequently. She enjoyed the lethal nature of those that helped Audra keep it neutral ground. Not that the little flying over grown gnat of a resident could really kill anyone but it was a very determined when armed with toothpicks.

I don't know what all this is but... I am glad we are facing it together.

----------
Kishara bit her lip. She knew he was right as she absently scratched at her upper arm. Ancient history that had left his mark long ago. Solomon... Nearly her death and still a threat lost in the shadows of her travels. She was never sure how much Mathias really knew about him but she knew Sssenda would know his every move nearly before he even knew it so that was a plus and in her profession enemies we're more numerous than rain.

I know...

She took a bite of her food and shrugged.

In another lifetime we could been a happy family I think... Well as close to family as our respective kinds can handle.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

He chuckled again, "C'mon, let's go." He brought the Harley to life and pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road again.

They were on the way home.

He drove down Cannery row through the badlands to the residential neighborhood hidden within the industrial area that occupied most of the 'badlands'. They pulled up to an intersection and he stopped the motorcycle waiting for the traffic light to turn green.

He jumped a little as he felt her lean against his back and purr like a cat at a bowl full of cream into his ear.

The light turned green and Canaan took them down the street to her house, stopping the bike's engine and climbing off holding a hand to help Karena up from it also.

She took it saying, "I don't know what all this is but... I am glad we are facing it together."

Reminded of Tallos' words to him he nodded, "Where you go, I'll go. No way I'll let you face this alone."

The entered the house again and he headed back to the kitchen. "I'll get the beers. How about you pull down the first guitar you want me to try."

-------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

They began to eat and Mathias smiled at the easy familiar feeling between them doing this simple even mundane act.

Then Kishara had to go and ruin it. "In another lifetime we could been a happy family I think..."

His mouth puckered and he scowled to her like he'd just been sucking on a lemon at her words. Family was much too close to the idea of monogamy when there was still so many women in this world he hadn't fucked yet. Family meant actually having the buzzkills of actual children running around forcing him to change his fun free-wheeling irresponsible playboy lifestyle. Family meant so many things-none of them good as far as Mathias was concerned. He liked Kishara she was loads of fun and dynamite in the sack, but...their daughter was the product of an accident-that he did feel some responsibility for-but they weren't really family material-at least he wasn't. He'd be a terrible father. Kishara should be well aware of that fact after so many years they'd been fuckbuddies.

The only reason he consented to his 'marriage' to Persey was that the board twisted his arm and in the end he did agree that it was a good way to check any authoritarian impulses that had plagued her mother's era of leadership of the Dark Fey. That and neither one of them wanted a...a family out of any 'marriage'.

He was a Satyr, a kind of Fey that had a well known reputation for embracing the philosophy of sewing his wild oats.

She continued, "...Well as close to family as our respective kinds can handle."

"Another lifetime perhaps," He nodded though putting his lunch back down. Suddenly he was not certain he could keep anything down anymore.
 
A cruel injustice to our daughter to be born to parents who are incapable of family. Perhaps I am the only one who feels some level of guilt or remorse for this fact but still.

Whatever infernal deity who thought this a good idea should be cursed to endure Percy and... Solomon for all eternity

She sighed monogamy was a level of hell in her book but still having carried that child his child within her and how they were miserable excuses for parents it gnawed at her to near soul destroying levels. Her own food set aside she moved to get ready to go especially after realizing that she had mentioned Solomon out loud unless he stopped her.

---------

Kareena smiled and moved to take down a rather ornate Spanish guitar and waiting for him to come back into the living room.
f95701c4128a652c052a43abece31f7b.jpg


I think this one Canaan. I have always loved the sound from this one.

She smiled taking the beers so he could take the guitar carefully. Her eyes lit up at the idea of it making music again. Especially at his hands and soul for music. She watched in awe the soft smile never leaving her lips.

I do hope you like it.
 
Last edited:
IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

"Another lifetime perhaps," He nodded though putting his lunch back down. Suddenly he was not certain he could keep anything down anymore.

"A cruel injustice to our daughter to be born to parents who are incapable of family," She replied sadly, "Perhaps I am the only one who feels some level of guilt or remorse for this fact but still."

Mathias looked up guiltily at her words. His own father had been too distant and self-absorbed to be a parent to him and here he was committing the same sins. Even after acknowledging that fact he felt no real compulsion to change his ways. Satyrs it seemed were degenerate deadbeats through and through, himself included.

In response to Kish he sighed, "She deserves better than to have either of us in her life."

"Whatever infernal deity who thought this a good idea should be cursed to endure Percy and... Solomon for all eternity," She sighed putting aside her own food.

He nodded with her. In many ways Kishara was the perfect woman for him...in that she was okay with his faults-legion that they were-which in contrast his wife: Persey, grated over his shortcomings like sushi restaurant wasabi over a sharkskin grater.

Which reminded...He nodded towards the door, "Shall I ask Persey inside yet? We do have serious business to go over as heads of the Dark Fey."

--------------------------------X

IC: Canaan Alexander

They entered the house again and he headed back to the kitchen. "I'll get the beers. How about you pull down the first guitar you want me to try."

Canaan stepped out of the kitchen two bottles of Heineken in hand to see Karena walk into the living room carrying a beautiful Spanish style guitar in her arms. She held it out to him. "I think this one Canaan. I have always loved the sound from this one."

He took it and examined it closely. It looked solidly constructed. None of the strings were lax or weak. He strummed a chord over listening to its voice, to its soul. He played it again, and again, hearing what it had to tell him before looking up to her again. Listening to the song it wanted to sing for them.

"I do hope you like it."

In answer he let the guitar respond for him. It sung Tormenta de fuega in a strumming rapid voice. Canaan, his finger's were just its instrument. Its message his heart. He looked into her eyes as he played, giving the guitar its chance to serenade them with its song.

His fingers flew over the strings until the song was done and he smiled to her. "The question is: do you like it?"
 
Kareena closed her eyes leaning against the wall she had just taken the guitar carefully down from. A smile playing over her lips as he played. Only two others had ever played that guitar... Berto and his teacher and now Canaan. It seemed fitting and perfect for him.

I would love to hear you play that guitar forever

She whispered as her eyes slowly opened to look at him and watch him play. She felt so at peace. Like none of this other stuff... The dreams the creatures in the dreams. All of it was gone... No longer mattered in this moment.

So beautiful...

_________

Kishara shrugged and saw he wasn't stopping her and didn't even glance back.

I am sure she is still out there. I can tell her and do let Sssenda know what weekend it will be.

She hated feeling even remotely like she had a soul. Her mother warned her offspring and whoever fathered them... While bonded to her better than anyone else would also plague her with the most maddness of "feelings" as well. That was how her kind knew they found their "sex bond" as her mother called it. She needed a drink a fuck and more drink to kill this little bout of the bond to any other living thing. Or maybe to just leave town for a while.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

His fingers flew over the strings until the song was done and he smiled to her. "The question is: do you like it?"

She leaned against the wall and smiled as he had played, but otherwise hadn't said a word. She was absorbing it as he played. When his fingers had stopped and he asked whether she liked it.

Her eyes opened slowly and she smiled back at him saying softly, heartfeltly, "I would love to hear you play that guitar forever."

He nodded smiling down appreciatively, "It is a very good guitar. You've obviously kept it up as beloved keepsake." He hefted it almost reverently in his hands, "Thank you for entrusting it to me, Karena."

She smiled then musing, ..."So beautiful."

He chuckled stepping up to her. Pulling her in close against his hard body. He looked into those deep soulful eyes, "Not half as beautiful as you."

----------------------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

Which reminded...He nodded towards the door, "Shall I ask Persey inside yet? We do have serious business to go over as heads of the Dark Fey."

Kishara shrugged and saw he wasn't stopping her and didn't even glance back. "I am sure she is still out there. I can tell her and do let Sssenda know what weekend it will be."

"Wait, Kish," He said stopping her, "I feel like we need to talk this out. We need to take some time to talk about our daughter and us at least once and...no sex"-He stopped and at her look shrugged-"Okay...okay, before sex....just for a few minutes before the sex."

She really did know Mathias far too well.
 
Karena curled into his embrace with a smile. The effects of the music still resting in her eyes. An almost shimmery faint fog to them as she stared into his that slowly faded.

Canaan...

An arm slithering around his waist and one resting on his chest as she got lost in his eyes. Slowly leaning a little closer she looked into his eyes more and more yet also watching his face and lips.

I.. could... give you the tour of.... The studio... and the other instruments... preserved
.. around the house.

Not that she wanted to leave his arms or this moment the words just slipped from her half focused mind.

Or... The.. beers
________

Kishara paused and glanced back at him and raised a brow at no sex she knew him better than that. He had some "anger issues" as well with some of her favorite designers as well.

Like I said just get word to Sssenda and I will try to be careful with any of Mr Armani that you wear.

She winked with a smile as she made sure she looked perfectly sated and very pleased.

Oh hello Percy... He's ready for that meeting now. How's that cute little brother of yours?

She slipped from the building with a smile to her waiting limo.

I gather I should prepare for a call from the satyr?

Sssenda smirked.

Up security monitoring our daughter. It would seem Percy knows about her.

Kishara's level of evil smile quickly cooling into a deep thought expression for a moment.

We have been careful of her how did the bitch...


Sssenda hissed.

I will find out how she learned of her and end that bitch myself if she so much as gets a papercut in front of someone we don't know.

Easy my friend no killing house leaders you know the rules unless we are officially hired. There is no profit wasting your skills like that plus I am fairly certain she goes after our daughter that will give Mathias the push he needs to do it himself in the guise of political coup.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

He chuckled stepping up to her. Pulling her in close against his hard body. He looked into those deep soulful eyes, "Not half as beautiful as you."

"Canaan..." She said curling into his embrace, her arms snaking around to rest on his chest so she can look up into his eyes, "I.. could... give you the tour of.... The studio... and the other instruments... preserved.. around the house."

"Maybe we could just sit and enjoy eachother's company..." He smiled with a hand stroking her cheek. They had done plenty of enjoying eachother's company in the twenty-four hours since he'd shown up at her door, "...Or maybe just enjoy the beers."

She agreed, "Or... The.. beers."

He sat down onto the couch pulling her to sit right next to him with their beers in hand. He leaned over and kissed her. "I want you to know, I won't let anything happen to you," He said emotionally-meaning every word, "I swear it Karena."

-----------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos and Persephone Alexander

"Wait, Kish," He said stopping her, "I feel like we need to talk this out. We need to take some time to talk about our daughter and us at least once and...no sex"-He stopped and at her look shrugged-"Okay...okay, before sex....just for a few minutes before the sex."

She really did know Mathias far too well.

"Like I said just get word to Sssenda and I will try to be careful with any of Mr Armani that you wear." She winked with a smile as she made sure she looked perfectly sated and very pleased.

She left greeting Persey as coolly as ever and walked out of the office. He knew Kishara would take steps to protect their daughter from any retribution Persey may take against her.

Persey stormed in then glaring at him. She plopped his daughters book hard down on the surface of his desk. "I was waiting on you and that bitch to be done for forty-five minutes."

"Is that a note of jealousy I hear...I didn't think you cared," He sneered as he lifted his chair back upright to sit in.

Persey ground her teeth unwilling to give him any satisfaction. "Jealous?" She laughed at the utter ridiculousness of the word. "Why would I possibly get jealous of you and that pathetic amateur? Neither one of us wanted to get married. Neither one of us even likes the other. So I have no objection over you wasting your time with that woman."

He sat down and his sneer became more infuriating. "Afraid you can't compete with Kishara?"

"What," She snapped, "You know I can fuck circles around that talentless hack."

He leaned back in his cheer that intolerable sneer becoming a full-blown smirk, "Care to put your money where your mouth is?"

She glowered at him realizing that in this exchange in their constant war he was clearly the one with the upper hand...she could raise the ante and call his bluff, but even that would be a concession to the insufferable bastard.

Damn him.

She pulled up another chair and told him, "Let's just get on with the report from the board."

His smirk could be felt a hundred miles away. God damn him to hell!
 
She snuggled against him with a smile taking a beer her eyes closing listening to the melody of his heartbeat.

We can both help and protect each other.

Drinking her beer she let those words from his play over and over in her mind. Could he protect her from who and whatever those things were in her dreams? Why were those creatures invading her dreams.

I haven't really tried to let anyone anywhere near close since he died. This... This is nice.

Turning her head she shifted a little to press a soft kiss to his cheek or lips she didn't care just enjoying the tenderness of the moment.

But enough of a of that. I don't want to think about those creatures.

_______

Sssenda placed a couple of calls as they drove back to the villa.

She won't be happy with the changing of the guard so to speak but he is the best for the job for now.

Kishara nodded and tapped the glass.

Audra bar.

The driver nodded and made a quick lane switch and turned onto the side road and parked in front of the building to let Ssenda and Kishara out.

Return in an hour.

Sssenda nodded to the driver. Go pick up the wine restock for the house bar.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

He sat down onto the couch pulling her to sit right next to him with their beers in hand. He leaned over and kissed her. "I want you to know, I won't let anything happen to you," He said emotionally-meaning every word, "I swear it Karena."

She snuggled against him with a smile taking a beer her eyes closing listening to the melody of his heartbeat. "We can both help and protect each other."

Canaan smiled at that arm wrapping protectively around her. "Damn right, we will." He clinked his beer bottle against hers in a 'cheers' gesture.

They drank from the beers in silence for the next few moments, just soaking in the other's nearness, and the growing connection between them. Karena murmured against his chest, "I haven't really tried to let anyone anywhere near close since he died." She lifted her head and pressed a kiss to his cheek, "This....This is nice."

He gave her a kiss on her forehead, "It is, isn't it?"

He wanted to do so much more, say so much more. He had lost Naomi. He was terrified of losing Karena too. He would do anything to stop anything as bad as what happened to her or worse from happening to Karena too.

"But enough of a of that," She said lifting up from him, "I don't want to think about those creatures."

"Me either," He replied with a shudder. He would protect her. He would, "What do you think we should do? Sooner or later my sister will expect me to drag you over to the dark fey to join up..."

He didn't want to do that but Persey had a way with him of getting what she wanted never mind his feelings on the subject.

"....Maybe we could run," He suggested, "Maybe the answer to all our problems is to just go away, to get away as far as possible. What do you think?"
 
I have endured both sides trying to recruit and I have heard Audra tell both sides to leave me alone as I am a resident of the Badlands and therefore off limits. Is your sister insane enough to go against Audra with Cranky sword lurking around? Hell Tallos won't even cross Audra nor will the cyclops.

She laughed.

For some old tavern owner everyone seems to have a level of heslthy fear or respect for that woman then again the head bouncer looks like she is always ready to fight.

She fell silent though thinking about his words.

Running would remove your sister and the spirit speaker from being issues but would it really stop whatever our nightmares are?

Shrugging.

If it were that simple Tallos would have said something. However I do have that video shoot but I don't know if you could get away due to your sister so...

She sighed thinking about it.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

"Me either," He replied with a shudder. He would protect her. He would, "What do you think we should do? Sooner or later my sister will expect me to drag you over to the dark fey to join up..."

He didn't want to do that but Persey had a way with him of getting what she wanted never mind his feelings on the subject.

"I have endured both sides trying to recruit and I have heard Audra tell both sides to leave me alone as I am a resident of the Badlands and therefore off limits." She told him, "Is your sister insane enough to go against Audra with Cranky sword lurking around? Hell Tallos won't even cross Audra nor will the cyclops."

"Well..." He shrugged, "...I know she's been looking for ways to do that." She hadn't found one, of course. "But that's only protection as long as you stay in the badlands or as long as Audra can find out what happens to you."

"....Maybe we could run," He suggested, "Maybe the answer to all our problems is to just go away, to get away as far as possible. What do you think?"

She looked like she was thinking about it and then suddenly let out a laugh, "For some old tavern owner everyone seems to have a level of healthy fear or respect for that woman then again the head bouncer looks like she is always ready to fight."

"If you think she's just a tavern keeper then you haven't been paying good enough attention, Karena," He replied, "Why does no one absolutely no one in either Fey crosses her directly? I don't know why exactly either, but I do know you don't earn that kind of reverence or fear by just serving people drinks."

There was a long pause before she shook herself saying, "Running would remove your sister and the spirit speaker from being issues, but would it really stop whatever our nightmares are?"

He looked down and nodded, "No, it probably wouldn't, but I feel like we've exhausted all the avenues we can go down to find a way to stop them."

"If it were that simple Tallos would have said something. However I do have that video shoot but I don't know if you could get away due to your sister so..." She shrugged with a soft sigh.

He got up and held out his hand for her, "Let's go to Audra's. I'll play a few songs. You can dance. Maybe we need to step away from the problem to see a path forward clear to solving it?"
 
That sounds like a wonderful idea Canaan.

Standing and taking his hand she smiled and leaning in kissing his cheek. She rested her hand on his cheek staring into his eyes. She felt safe with him and that was both wonderful and frightening. Only one other person had made her feel this safe and he was dead. It was nice to feel this way again.

Let's go... She has instruments there. Then maybe I can show you my favorite diner here in the Badlands.

She moved to lead the way to the door grabbing her purse on the way.

Plus we could ask her a few questions maybe as well.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

He got up and held out his hand for her, "Let's go to Audra's. I'll play a few songs. You can dance. Maybe we need to step away from the problem to see a path forward clear to solving it?"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea Canaan." Karena said rising to her feet from the couch cushions. She leaned in and kissed him warmly on the cheek. He pressed into the hand she left caressing it.

"Which guitar would you like me to use," He asked pointing to the one he'd been handed before, "That one again?"

"Let's go... She has instruments there," She told him, "Then maybe I can show you my favorite diner here in the Badlands."

He got up to his own feet nodding, "Sounds good, let's go."

She moved to lead the way to the door grabbing her purse on the way. "Plus we could ask her a few questions maybe as well."

"Good idea. She's been around forever. She might at least give us some good advice on how to deal with these bad dreams." Canaan grabbed his leather jacket pulling it on as he followed her out the door.

They climbed onto his father's Harley and with roar of the bike's engine rushed off onto the streets. The badlands was a thin sparsely populated area of town but as the rode they soon crossed over into busier portions of the city. Audra's bar was an old warehouse nestled equally between the areas of the city controlled by the two Fey factions. It was once a previously industrial district full of factories and warehouses that had become increasingly regentrified into artisanal shops, distilleries, restaurants, and hipster fashion boutiques, but Audra's remained a steadfast mainstay of the entire area, its beating heart attracting as many humans as Fey to it completely clueless about the nature of the person drinking a beer next to them.

When they reached it was just opening its doors for another night's business. He could see Audra's bouncers and enforcers of her self-imposed neutrality take position at the doors inside. Canaan pulled the bike to a stop and looked back at Karena, "Ready?"
 
Andrina stood back by the bar watching over those filtering in and snarled low when a fairly tall creature cloaked in white as it grinned at her.

Callinor...

Audra's voice boomed out.

You know the rules... And your hive priests know the punishment for breaking them as do the Lilith and Castali. Do not cross me... It is my words that allow a hive in this town.

The creature quickly turned sharp bowing low seeing one of his brethren standing next to Audra.

Perhapsss the... Mussse will grace us with sssong and dance from her ssstudent... Or friend Caanan.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

When they reached it was just opening its doors for another night's business. He could see Audra's bouncers and enforcers of her self-imposed neutrality take position at the doors inside. Canaan pulled the bike to a stop and looked back at Karena, "Ready?"

He and Karena walked up to the door, nodding at the bouncers there. Together they stepped through to see the bar's owner warning a Hive of all things not make trouble in her place.

Audra's bar had just opened up and they were the first ones in. He walked up to her at the bar and asked her for two beers. Taking one of the stools next to where Karena sat.

"The two of us were wondering if you could help us," He asked her, "Something's been happening to us...something that we can't explain...something in our dreams...somehow they're connected. I'm taking part in her dreams for some reason neither of us can really explain. "

He took the bottle of beer she offered and looked to Karena beside him and then back to Audra. "You're the last person in the city we thought could give us some answers about this."
 
Walk with me.

She gestured them to one of the private areas and nodded to her bodyguard who took up blockade to prevent anyone from disturbing them.

I am most curious as neither of you have dream powers. This is most interesting. Tell me everything child.

She smiled that motherly smile she reserved for a select few. The two of them were two of her favorite people. She sipped her tea listening intently curious what her little spell has revealed.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

He took the bottle of beer she offered and looked to Karena beside him and then back to Audra. "You're the last person in the city we thought could give us some answers about this."

"Walk with me," She told him gesturing over to one of the private areas of the bar reserved for VIPs.

Canaan looked to Karena before getting up from the bar and following after her to the VIP area where Ssenda stepped in front of to keep anyone else in the bar from butting in on them.

"Okay," He said taking the seat Audra indicated beside Karena, "We're alone...you can talk to us now."

"I am most curious as neither of you have dream powers. This is most interesting," She replied, "Tell me everything, child."

"Well..." He looked to Karena, "...We've basically only learned what we've already told you at the bar...something, somehow, has linked the two of us together for something-we don't know why....you know now that I think about it...I realize, we really don't have very much information at all on what is going on."
 
Karena explained to her everything they had seen in the dreams as Audra listened in deep contemplation.

Everything and everyone you described has existed. The woman however died imprisoned centuries ago. The shadowy creatures exist still allegedly but have not been seen for a very long time that I know of though. As for Canaan rescuing you in the dreams that does seem to symbolize a couple of things. A bond between the two of you perhaps or an unspoken instinct that you two are capable of feeding off of each other safely.

Two people feeders safe together... that's really neat. I didn't know that was possible? And why is nice music lady having bad dreams?

A tiny voice seemed to come from a floating bowl of candies and snacks. Karena reached for the bowl to reveal the tiny flyer.

Hello Gino


The little creature flew over and kissed her cheek then flew over to Canaan and puffed up staring at him studying him.

You better be good to music lady or else pretty boy. You might wake up with a troll nose and baboons eyebrows. Got It?


Aura simply smiled at her old friend in all of his 2 postage stamp tall height while Karena stifled a chuckle behind a humor him smile to Canaan.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

"Well..." He looked to Karena, "...We've basically only learned what we've already told you at the bar...something, somehow, has linked the two of us together for something-we don't know why....you know now that I think about it...I realize, we really don't have very much information at all on what is going on."

He listened nodding his head as Karena described in detail what they've been through so far. When she began talking about their shared nightmares and the frightening creatures chasing after them within them his hand reached over to hers to squeeze it in a show of emotional support.

"So, do you have any idea what is happening to us," He asked her.

Audra listened to it all and in the end she merely said, "Everything and everyone you described has existed."

That brought Canaan up short, "I wasn't the best of students as a kid, but I don't recall any variety of Fey like the creatures in these dreams...nightmares really...most Fey have a weakness or a blindspot, but those shadow creatures...and the woman...they were frighteningly relentless and unstoppable."

"The woman however died imprisoned centuries ago," Audra explained, "The shadowy creatures exist still allegedly but have not been seen for a very long time that I know of though."

"I hope we don't cross them ever again," He said with a shiver, "Especially that woman."

Audra shifted her gaze to focus back on Karena from Canaan. "As for Canaan rescuing you in the dreams that does seem to symbolize a couple of things. A bond between the two of you perhaps or an unspoken instinct that you two are capable of feeding off of each other safely."

He gave another squeeze to Karena's hand at her words looking over to her warmly.

"Two people feeders safe together... that's really neat." A small voice announced from the table's surface. "I didn't know that was possible? And why is nice music lady having bad dreams?"

Karena used her free hand to move over a bowl on the table. "Hello Gino."

The little creature flew over and kissed her cheek then flew over to Canaan and puffed up staring at him studying him.

Canaan regarded the little creature skeptically, "Uh, hello."

"You better be good to music lady or else pretty boy," He groused, "You might wake up with a troll nose and baboons eyebrows. Got It?"

Audra and Karena both seemed to find this humorous.

"I intend to treat Karena better than good, Imp." He said with a bemused grin before turning back to Audra, "This woman...who was she?"
 
She was the niece of the royal family sorceress a lifetime or more ago. It was never clear if the shadow beings corrupted her or if she created or simply found and cared for them. She sought to fin the perfected mixing of bloods to create more she felt would be like her. She was always called an unusual mix. It made her different... dark even in the eyes of those that would be the dark Fey. She was imprisoned for going after a member of the royal family.

Audra's words seemed to elicit a growl from her bodyguard and little Gino plugging his little ears and trying to hide. Karena noted the reactions but said nothing simply holding the pocket on her shirt open for Gino to hide.

Dark even to their standards... interesting. But if she is dead then why is she in the nightmares? Those shadow beings the claws and all that is the most frightening to me. So many of them. Then again she seemed to think I could do something screaming now at me over and over.

She shook her head and curled closer against Canaan
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

"I intend to treat Karena better than good, Imp." He said with a bemused grin before turning back to Audra, "This woman...who was she?"

"She was the niece of the royal family sorceress a lifetime or more ago." Audra supplied, "It was never clear if the shadow beings corrupted her or if she created or simply found and cared for them."

Canaan leaned in asking, "What did she want?

"She sought to find the perfected mixing of bloods to create more she felt would be like her. She was always called an unusual mix," She explained, "It made her different... dark even in the eyes of those that would be the dark Fey. She was imprisoned for going after a member of the royal family."

Canaan leaned back in the boot shaking his head, "Too dark for the Dark Fey. That's saying something. Some of the Dark Fey are real nasty characters."

The imp had hidden in Karena's pocket at the mere mention of this woman. Karena was generously holding open for it to take shelter in. She said, "Dark even to their standards... interesting. But if she is dead then why is she in the nightmares?"

Canaan raised his arm wrapping it around her shoulder, "That's the million dollar question."

"Those shadow beings the claws and all that is the most frightening to me. So many of them." She shivered nuzzling into Canaan side for shelter, "Then again she seemed to think I could do something screaming now at me over and over."

His arm tightened around Karena protectively as he asked Audra, "So nothing you've told us explains why we're dreaming the same dreams or how we're dreaming of this woman or the shadow creatures?"
 
That will take research on my part. My guess would be your being dark Fey but why she is going after Karena's dreams I don't know. No one knows her lineage so it is hard to say.

Audra sank into thought for a moment.

Perhaps A blood test could reveal your parentage.

Andrina tensed a little at that but she wasn't sure why luckily there were plenty of reasons in the club

Karena thought about this for a long while.

Not sure I want to know who I am from.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

His arm tightened around Karena protectively as he asked Audra, "So nothing you've told us explains why we're dreaming the same dreams or how we're dreaming of this woman or the shadow creatures?"

"That will take research on my part." Audra nodded, "My guess would be your being dark Fey, but why she is going after Karena's dreams I don't know. No one knows her lineage so it is hard to say."

"That's right," Canaan put in looking over to Karena, "On my mother's side my genealogy is well documented for more than seven generations. Even my father was a human member of my mother's harem of thralls. So I have a pretty good idea of my heritage. So it's something foreign to me but Karena has no idea of who her parents were, do you?"

"Perhaps A blood test could reveal your parentage," Audra put in sitting back in thought.

Canaan noted Audra's bodyguard tense for a moment. His sister always said to watch an opponent's staff when at the negotiating table. He was about to ask what it was over when Karena spoke up.

"Not sure I want to know who I am from," She slowly said.

Canaan turned back to his lover wrapping an arm around her, "As I said this is something foreign to me, but I can feel for you and how you must feel afraid of finding out."

He nodded to the stage and the piano standing atop it. "How about we take a short break from this stuff for a while?"
 
Back
Top