It Started in the Shower (closed for fulmineo)

Jace returned his sister's case. Then he took her hand and followed her down the stairs. "Always, little sister."
 
Dinner that night was a subdued affair. Lexie could barely eat, still working out how to break the news. Finally, she decided to just be blunt.

"Mom... Dad... I'm pregnant."

Mom's response was to spit her wine across the table.
 
Jace's spoon froze halfway to his mouth. He was shocked at the way his sister had dropped the bomb. His mom spit out her wine and his dad had dropped his spoon. His face was already turning red. He was trying to spit some words out but he just couldn't quite get the words out.

"And the baby's mine" Jace added.
 
Mom stared at the both of them a moment. Then she gave a high laugh and shook her head. "That's not funny, you two. Quit joking around."
 
Jace stared into his mother's eyes and spoke. "Mom. I'm being very, very serious. Lexxi's baby is also my baby." Jace said.

He folded his arms in front of him, waiting for the reaction he knew was coming.
 
Dad blew up first. "That is disgusting! How could you two do this to the family? To each other? You vile, disgusting... you're no children of mine!"

Mom was tearing up, clutching her napkin to her face. "Wh-why? Why would you... do this?"

Lexie started to cry.
 
Jace, instead of turning into some meek pitiful thing, He stands up to his father.

"Father!" He exclaims getting up and out of his seat, rushing to his sister. "How can you say this is disgusting? It is the most perfect union." Jace states. He looks his Father right in the eye.
 
"It's unnatural and disgusting!" he roared back. "And first thing in the morning, Lexie, I'm taking you to the clinic! We're going to get this mess taken care of... and you two are going into some serious therapy."

That seemed to goad Lexie out of crying, and she glared at their father, eyes flashing. "No!"
 
"I cannot allow that Father! You will not harm our child!" Jace yelled back. He grabbed his sister's hand and pulled her to her feet. " Lexxi, go call us a cab. We're getting the hell out of here, away from this monster." Jace said coldly.
 
She nodded and hurried off to find her cell phone. She was still shaky, but she managed to get a cab called, and hurried to pack her things.

"Get the hell back here!" Dad shouted. "If you two leave, you are disowned from this family! Do you hear me?"
 
Jace glared at his parents. His face turned red and his hands were balled up in a fist. "Fine then. Disown us, we don't need you, or this family!" Jace yelled. He went off in search of his sister, hoping to help her pack some things before their cab arrived. On his way out he glared at his parents one last time.

"You will never see your grandchild." He said simply.
 
Dad cursed at them the entire time they left the house. Lexie collapsed into the back seat of the cab, on the verge of tears.

"I"m sorry... I should have broken it to them more gently..."
 
"Father would have reacted badly no matter how you break the news." Jace replied. He took her hand in his and kissed it gently. "Let's just get to this hotel and then we can figure out how to continue our new lives together from there." He suggested.
 
Timeskip...

Months passed. Lexie and Jace managed to move from the hotel to a small apartment, each of them working to ensure they had a place for the baby. In their new city no one knew they were brother and sister... they just assumed they were a young couple.

Lexie knew she wouldn't be able to work much longer. She came home and lowered herself into a chair, sighing. Carrying a baby was a lot harder work than she realized.
 
Jace came home after a long day of work, made even longer by the fact that he was eager to get home to Lexxi and their baby. He was worried about their health and how she was faring, what with being pregnant and still having to work.

"Lexxi, I'm home!" Jace called. "How was your day?" He walked around their tiny apartment looking for her.
 
"Loooooooong," she groaned. "Feet hurt..." She wanted to add "I need a footrub" but felt guilty imposing on him. "How was your day?"
 
"It sucked. Lots of paperwork. Nothing very interesting." Jace informed her. He walked over to her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Wow, your feet hurt huh?" Jace said. "Want a foot rub?" He asked, kneeling before her.
 
Jace kneeled before his sister and took off her shoes. He started to rub her feet slowly. He looked up into her eyes as he massaged her.

"How does that feel?" He asks gently.
 
Back
Top