Young Justice/Teen Titans (OOC)

Star won't be used to it, especially not the first time and quite possibly never comfortable with it. But honestly I've always found Batman/Nightwing/Robin's ability to know everything much more intrusive on every level than the mind readers. They not only seem to have ways of knowing shit that there should be little to no way of knowing.

They have to put effort into invading your privacy and more often than not do it just because they are intrusive bastards.
 
That is true, but they're slightly more dickish about it, whereas M'gann does it innocently, and is apologetic about it. Maybe not as bad, but it's something that to me is an integral part of the character, and the thing that I find the most appealing, I loved her in the second season because yes she had become much harder, but somewhere, deep down, was still that same little Martian Girl that just wanted to have friends and a family
 
And that to me makes it more acceptable. M'gann is the equivalent of the girl who walked in on you in the shower. Even if it's because her home doesn't have a nudity taboo that's one thing.

Batman and Friends install webcams in your toilet to make sure the carpet matches the drapes. Entirely different vibe.
 
Batman and Friends install webcams in your toilet to make sure the carpet matches the drapes. Entirely different vibe.

HAHAHA LMAO! That made me laugh out loud.

I have two cats -- Cleo hates shoulder rides and kisses, but Cheetara loves them. Cleo is elegant like a princess and more calm and collected, whereas Cheetara is either feisty and annoying as all fucking hell or vocal and cuddly. The only time Cleo ever meows at me is when I am in the kitchen and she thinks every opening of the fridge, cupboard, or package means I am getting salmon for her. Cheetara and I constantly meow back and forth to each other, and if I put my face close to here as I meow, she'll put her nose to my mouth and head boop me while purring. I usually then scoop her up in my arms and tell her how much of a pretty baby she is and pet her. Then I put her up on my shoulder and walk around the apartment until she gets bored and jumps off.
 
Sometimes Cheetara sits behind my head.
10404069_10202194879428505_3578269606684439693_n_zps35e765c1.jpg

Shoulder Lounge
10406841_10202036146300276_1727342305230104831_n_zps60bfd97a.jpg

It's the ciiiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiife!
10435414_10205543803254111_973203504552792293_n-Copy_zps5c0512ce.jpg

Cheetara thinks my phone is interesting.
10687095_10202023778191081_4769471976315984970_n-Copy_zpsca5f43e7.jpg

Sometimes she doesn't like it if I take a shit alone.
10334258_10202073255147974_5642843235189849608_n_zps757ce490.jpg

She sometimes thinks my lap is a bed.
10712942_10202125009681805_4726404629347811488_n-Copy_zps5c149e67.jpg

Cheetara and Cleo as babies.
10646877_10201789079163752_3453055641893997910_n-Copy_zpsf019e2e4.jpg

Almost all grown up.
10443614_10201970385776304_1689897782220208633_n-Copy_zps72e1ddd1.jpg
 
Character Application

Alright, I've been talking with Jeff about bringing in a version of Golden Eagle, since this is Titans/YJ, but they would be more like an actual version of Hawkman---just have to work out the kinks in continuity, both canon as well as our adjustments to it.

In the meantime, however, I submit the following:

Name: Beast Boy (aka Changeling)
(Image forthcoming)

Identity: Gar Logan
Age: 20
Birthday: Not a clue, canonically. Let's say...June 21 for the rp
Birthplace:Oceanside, CA but raised in Kenya and various places in Africa
Occupation: Trust-fund baby, former television actor, sometime student
Relationship status: Depressingly single

Character history:
As a child, Garfield contracted a rare illness called Sakutia and was cured by a serum extracted from a green monkey. This serum had the unintended effect of turning his skin and hair green and activated a metagene that gave him the ability to morph into any animal of his choice. All these animals remain a bright green in color, just as he is in human form.

After his parents' death, Garfield was placed in custody of Nicholas Galtry, the attorney for his parents' estate. Although Galtry was the legal guardian, Gar spent much time in Africa recuperating from his illness and learning how to make the most of his new abilities. During this time, Galtry embezzled most of the funds from Gar's inheritance. When Gar was finally able to return to the US, Galtry plotted to kill the boy and have all the wealth for himself.

This plot was discovered and thwarted by Gar and some strangers he had met briefly overseas and again on the trip back home. The strangers turned out to be members of an adventuring group (mostly metahumans, but not all) known as the Doom Patrol under the leadership of Dr. Niles Caulder.

Gar was adopted by Elasti-Girl and Mento, aka Rita and Steve Dayton, and served as something of a team mascot--although he also helped on many adventures with them, becoming more of a group sidekick.

He also worked as an actor, playing the role of an alien in the TV series Space Trek 2022 (which, even in the fictional setting, was a thinly disguised pastiche of Star Trek and Space: 1999, and was cancelled following threats of legal action on the grounds of plagiarism). It was while working on the show that the Doom Patrol was captured by the Brotherhood of Evil and blown up, presumably to their deaths.

This was a final straw for Gar, who dropped fulltime into crimefighting and trying to show that he was okay in spite of having lost or been betrayed by every important adult to ever enter his life from the time he was about six until his mid teens. Using money from his brief showbiz career and a stipend from Steve Dayton's estate--who had not been present at the demise of the rest of the Doom Patrol, because of being treated for mental illness caused by his psychomatic helmet--he went to live in New York for a while, where he ran into Nightwing.

Now he has returned to California; allegedly to attend college, but also to help out Nightwing.

And have fun, too, of course.

Powers:
Gar can shapeshift into any living creature with the only alterations to their physical form being that he can always speak and the creature is always a bright, almost day-glo green in colour. Usually, he only adopts animal forms as it is hard both mentally and physically to assume sentient lifeforms (as in human-level consciousness). He can both shrink and grow and drops or gains mass as necessary, large gains in size or mass are not held as long as other forms but it's not known if smaller forms can be held for longer periods.

Skills:
Gar had a number of mentors in the Doom Patrol, and picked up a variety of skills from them during the close, hectic (if brief) time he was with them.

Niles Caulder prompted Gar to have an interest in science but without bogging himself down with the usual scientific method--he is bright and intuitive, often making what might seem like sizable jumps in reasoning when puzzling through a problem.

Rita and Steve were excellent teachers in how to conduct oneself in the public eye--acting, speaking, carriage and, to a small extent, style were things that he picked up from them. (Lessons not always remembered, however, as Gar has a tendency to be sophomoric and run on at the mouth.)

He is in excellent physical health and is a midrange martial artist, primarily boxing that he learned from Cliff Steele, aka Robotman, although he tends to instinctively use the greater strength, agility, and physical attacks (claws, teeth) that his animal forms grant him.

Lastly, being brought up amid a mix of different cultures has given Gar a good sense of how to fit in among many different cliques; he also speaks a number of African languages on the conversational level as well as Afrikaans and French, and can recognize others when he hears them being spoken.
 
Oh my last cat was a lap cat to the extreme. Couldn't get her out of your lap no matter what, have to lock the door when you got to toilet cus not only will she leap into your lap if you don't stop her she's also known to reach under the door and claw your feet as punishment for not bringing her in with you.
 
Hahaha these cats do that sometimes too. Especially if one is in the bathroom with you and the other is left out.
 
My cat does it all the time. If you sit down she's in your lap, unless she's busy. She's been known to knock controllers and phones out of your hand because hands are for petting kitties. She will steal food, loves screwdrives but will settle for either vodka or orange juice. She'll drink water out of your cup and it's sometimes boggling how she manages not to knock the glass over.

She'll cry at the door if you lock her out at night and it's mostly because if she gets hungry in the midle of the night she wants to be able to lick your eye lids till you wake the fuck up and feed her. Sand paper tongue on eyes. You do NOT sleep through that for long.
 
Sand paper tongue on eyes. You do NOT sleep through that for long.

HAHA. I'd imagine not.

BTW, instead of posting in response to each character separately, I'm going to wait until everyone as shown up and then post my responses to each one in the same post.
 
Honestly it would have been easier if we'd had the initial meeting someplace neutral and then our first meeting here happening officially AFTER we had clearance for this exact reason.
 
I was going to post, but I'm in early tomorrow morning so I'm going to have to leave it till tomorrow. Sorry for the delay guys
 
No matter where we meet, this would be the case, unless every character arrived at exactly the same moment.
 
Hmmm, just wondering how to introduce this at first :/.

Also can I ask a favour? That the first time M'gann uses telepathy to communicate with people, can they not act as if it's something they're used to? It happened in the last one I was in and I always loved it where M'gann unintentionally makes a slip up that pisses people off. Cause she means well :), she just doesn't understand all of Earth's customs :p

I can definitely see Nat being annoyed by this.

I'm thinking of giving her a metagenetic supergenius thing and a mild technopathy-- she'll think her brain's cluttered enough without My Favorite Martian poking Gusev Craters in it with her mind-fingers.

Might even grumble about installing a psychic firewall in her armor's helmet.
 
I was going to post, but I'm in early tomorrow morning so I'm going to have to leave it till tomorrow. Sorry for the delay guys

No worries, I haven't even gotten a bio up yet.

An oversight I hope to rectify after I get the dishes done-- wanna do it tonight in case the entire State of Maine loses heat tomorrow.
 
Steel

1120277-zzzzz.jpg

Civilian Life

1121073-vaporlock_4.jpg

Working at The Steelworks

Real Name: Natasha "Nat" Irons
Age: 18
Birthday: April 18th
Birthplace: Washington, DC

Skills

Nat possesses skills in engineering, high-level mathematics, and a vast array of sciences both practical and theoretical. She has a combination of hands-on experience, autodidactic self-tutelage, and instruction from her Uncle John Henry Irons that makes her one of the preeminent mechanists in the world.

She's still working on improving her combat skills, but she's no slouch. For instance, she's damn good with her uncle's signature hammer and she's a gifted brawler. Along with the enhancements provided by her armor (targeting, et cetera), this makes her quite a force to be reckoned with.

She has physical strength and conditioning on par with high-level athletes, partly from combat training and partly from working strenuously in metal fabrication in The Steelworks' machine shop.

She's not great at English Lit. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Gear/Equipment

91243-68366-natasha-irons.jpg

STEEL ARMOR MARK IV (Modified from dc.wikia.com)

Durability: While not on a par with Kryptonian or Martian invulnerability, the Mk. IV armor can withstand immense punishment.
Superhuman Strength: The armor can exert multiple tens of tons of force, and this is multiplied considerably when the armor is enlarged.
Flight: It can provide flight based on one of two methods. The first is from thrusters housed in the boots, capable of providing highly-agile flight at 700+ mph. The second is the ability to generate a limited anti-gravitational field, used in emergencies should the thrusters fail for any reason, or if she requires a more stealthy form of flight.
Computerized Control Systems: It has an on-board limited artificial intelligence that coordinates most of the armor's systems and feeds information to the wearer. The control system also allows the armor a degree of autonomous function. The control system also operates as a firewall, preventing external forces from taking control of the armor. This function extends to the wearer via the cybernetic interface preventing mind control. An extension of this function was that the system could analyze and control computer systems to which it's linked.
Sensorium: The armor is designed to mimic Superman's vision and hearing. It is able to perceive the entire electromagnetic spectrum and an expanded range of sound frequencies. In addition, it has radiation and movement detectors as well as the ability to track people through their "bio-signature."
Energy System: While its main power source is an array of solar cells, it's also able to convert various sources of electricity and other power to replenish its energy reserves.
Life Support: It has internal reserves of water, energy, and air. It is also equipped with a filtration/recycling system and a system to control its internal temperature.
Size Alteration: Utilizing dwarfstar mass-transference technology, it has the ability to increase in size, usually up to a limit of 60 feet in height, but in rare, brief, desperate times it can enlarge to skyscraper height. If Steel is carrying her hammer, it will increase in size proportionately to the armor.
Wrist Cannons: It has sonic emitters and plasma cannons mounted in the wrists of its gauntlets, as well as adjustable-spectrum photon emitters (lasers, et cetera).

31N37VjbgjL.jpg

KINETIC HAMMER - "LUCY" (modified from dc.wikia.com)

Steel's current hammer has the ability to electrogravitically increase its kinetic energy and inertial force the farther it is thrown. At a distance up to 20 yards, it can stop a car, at 30 yards a truck, at 60 yards a tank, and at distances greater than 60 yards its destructive capacity rivals that of Superman.
Programmable Flight: The hammer can stop in mid-air and be called back into her hands.
Voice Controlled: When Steel says "STOP," the hammer will stop in mid-air. When she says "RETURN," the hammer will fly right back into her hands.
Electromagnetic Sensors: The hammer has sensors in it to measure electromagnetic energy.
Electromagnetism: The hammer can create several electromagnetic effects such as an EMP to disrupt electronic devices in Steel's vicinity. It can also lock itself in place relative to the Earth's magnetic field, making it virtually impossible to move. When not using the hammer, Steel can magnetically attach it to her back.

Natasha also owns a storage pod filled with the equipment she needs to maintain her armor and hammer, and to work on other technology and inventions.

Powers/Abilities

In addition to her advanced education, Natasha possesses a metagenetically enhanced intelligence and a low-level technopathy and mechanopsychometry. These enable her to interact psionically with computers to an extremely limited degree and to understand almost any machine's principles in record-breaking time given sufficient proximity.

Background

Natasha Irons was born in Washington, DC, in 1997 and when her father Clay revealed his criminal tendencies, she and her brother Jemahl went to live with their grandmother, Bess. She worked hard in school, in particular excelling at the maths and sciences.

Meanwhile, her uncle John Henry Irons had moved to nearby Metropolis, Delaware-- having fallen out of love with working for the military-industrial complex and the corporate giant AmerTek, John had taken construction work on the high steel of The City of Tomorrow. An accident atop a half-constructed skyscraper forced John to sacrifice himself to save a coworker's life, falling dozens of stories-- before he was caught by Superman.

"I owe you my life," he told the alien hero.

"Then make it count for something," Superman replied.


A changed man, John Henry Irons put his advanced weapons knowledge to use in assembling a suit of armor honoring both The Man of Steel and John's own namesake, folk-hero John Henry. He served briefly but with distinction as a hero named Steel, but after the particle accelerator melted down in 2005, he was badly injured in a fight with The Shaggy Man, practically losing a hand.

He retired from the hero life, and put his resources to use founding The Steelworks, a think-tank intended to fill the void left by the disgraced S.T.A.R.Labs and advance human thinking to meet the new challenges of the metahuman era. He recruited young individuals both metagenetic and baseline whose mindsets gave them a predisposition for research, study, and invention. Among these students was his own niece, Natasha, whose natural intelligence had only been enhanced, and further augmented by a new super-instinctive understanding of technology and machines.

When Nat's father Clay emerged from the woodwork as the supervillain Crash, revealing that he, too, had been given metahuman abilities, Nat demanded that her uncle train her to be a superhero that she might protect herself and others from her dad. Reluctantly, John relented, and trained her in the same techniques he'd used in the field.

In the course of her studies, Natasha learned how to build her own armor inspired by her uncle's, and as a rite of passage he bequeathed her the kinetic hammer he'd made legendary in even his very short career.

In 2015, Natasha was recruited by Nightwing to a new superhero team, and she departed The Steelworks and her uncle, promising to keep in touch.
 
Last edited:
Awesome character, Chas. I just have a few questions:

You make it sound as if she's been strenuously fabricating metal for a while, even though she just turned 18 a month ago. In this world, there may be underage crime-fighters that can get around labor laws, but I don't think a legit job would let an underage girl work in a hazardous environment, lol. I guess that wasn't really a question, just pointing something out, lol.

If the suit can gain mass and enlarge, does her physical body inside grow as well? If her suit was damaged or ripped off her, would she be stuck at potentially skyscraper height? And what if she sneezes -- does she release super-sized germs? If, lets say, cannibals managed to kill her in giant form, would she stay that big long enough for them to turn her into a huge feast? LOL.

I like the hammer, but does she keep in mind that throwing it longer distances could harm innocents if they veer too close to its intended target? If the hammer can hit with the force of Superman, it could also potentially kill the target if they are not durable enough to withstand it.
 
Ok guys, something has come up, I'm probably not going to be able to post for a little while, about a week I think.

I still want to be involved with this, but that said I think it might be better if I don't join up with the team until after that period has finished, seeing as a fair few people have already posted, that allows you to get into the action thread and I can just join up later :).

Sound good?
 
Awesome character, Chas. I just have a few questions:

You make it sound as if she's been strenuously fabricating metal for a while, even though she just turned 18 a month ago. In this world, there may be underage crime-fighters that can get around labor laws, but I don't think a legit job would let an underage girl work in a hazardous environment, lol. I guess that wasn't really a question, just pointing something out, lol.

The Steelworks is nonprofit, it's kind of like an Xavier School, it's all very freeform and trying out new ideas. Nat was more of a student there than an employee, and taking metal shop classes is pretty normal among high schoolers-- plus it's a hobby of hers.

If the suit can gain mass and enlarge, does her physical body inside grow as well? If her suit was damaged or ripped off her, would she be stuck at potentially skyscraper height? And what if she sneezes -- does she release super-sized germs? If, lets say, cannibals managed to kill her in giant form, would she stay that big long enough for them to turn her into a huge feast? LOL.

Yes, the physical body would grow as well. Presumably when deprived of the mass-transference technology, the excess mass would bleed back to the white dwarf star it had been siphoned off of, and both she and the armor would return to normal size fairly rapidly. If she sneezes at super-size, any germs would be caught by her armor's filter which is also proportionately enlarged.

Your vision of a "Robinson Crusoe"/"Gulliver's Travels" crossover possibly merits further psychoanalysis, but no.

I like the hammer, but does she keep in mind that throwing it longer distances could harm innocents if they veer too close to its intended target? If the hammer can hit with the force of Superman, it could also potentially kill the target if they are not durable enough to withstand it.

Yes she keeps this in mind. She's trained extensively with the hammer before John Henry entrusted her with it on the permanent. She's gifted in calculations of mass and vector and force, trigonometry and physics, she'd do the math, not to mention the hammer's linked to her targeting HUD which would also represent the calculations for her. She'd be able to decelerate the hammer or stop it entirely before it pulped a squishy.
 
Last edited:
Ok guys, something has come up, I'm probably not going to be able to post for a little while, about a week I think.

I still want to be involved with this, but that said I think it might be better if I don't join up with the team until after that period has finished, seeing as a fair few people have already posted, that allows you to get into the action thread and I can just join up later :).

Sound good?

Best of luck, dearie-duck.

Looking forward to your return.
 
Yeah, I know schools have metal shops, but when you said strenuously fabricating, I pictured something similar to a metal worker sweating profusely in a steel mill or something.

And Tighty, that's perfectly fine :). If you're not back when we leave for Project Cadmus, M'gann can always join us after.
 
I think that third picture of Natasha/Steel in her full 'costume'...looks completely BAD ASS!

Is she in the 52 Universe too? Forgive my asking since I know not....(I haven't had much reading of her uncle's exploits....since pre-52 days!)
 
Back
Top