Authors! Sign in here!

Mysticbonds debut story

Well my first story on Literotica got posted and the comments are rolling in. There are a couple vocal individuals that have taken issue with the subject matter I've chosen, (obviously they just like to antagonize others.) I've also had some very positive comments about how the readers enjoyed the story which is really nice to read. A little controversy never hurts a writer...

As a male nurse, if your little feelings get hurt easily then you better not work with some of the women I've worked with or they will eat you alive, (and not in the good way.)

I've got a couple of other stories I've had sitting around that I'll be posting and a couple that are in the works. One of these stories is rather lengthy and I'm challenged where to go with it, so I started a re-write by working on a broad-scoped outline to give me a greater overall view of the story.

Thanks Literotica, after being a member for years I finally got around to posting a story, now I'm on the site constantly posting on boards for people in my area and getting ideas from the story-suggestion board...

Bitten,
G.P. McCombs
 
Greetings and Salutations!

I've lurked around Literotica for some time, and only recently created a profile. One upon a time I had dreams of becoming a writer, but nothing I wrote was ever good enough for me, so never good enough to show anyone else. They were all good enough for the rubbish bin, and little more.

Dreams shelved.

Having read a number of stories here, I've dusted off that dream and started several stories, one of which I intend to submit soon, assuming I can find a willing editor. If not I'll submit it anyway, but it would be nice to have an extra set of eyes look it over.

Themes I've enjoyed reading so far are (in no particular order); anal, BDSM, erotic couples, erotic horror (except vampires and/or werewolves), group sex, incest, lesbian, mind control/non-reluctance and romance. The stories I've conjured from the muse so far would all tend to fall into one or more of those themes. However, incest is a predominate fantasy of mine, and has played heavily in everything I've written to date.

Thank you for allowing the pleasure of introducing myself.
1SB.
 
Best of luck to you in your endeavours. As you may see from my link, I've posted a fair number of stories out here. Let me know if I can be any help.

Words of advice - SPELL CHECK! If your program doesn't have it, cut and paste it into an E-Mail and check it there, as most E-Mail programs DO have spell check. When the appropriate corrections are made, then submit it. Problem 2 is changing tenses "He said" to "He says" in the middle of a story. Try to avoid that if you can.

BrettJ

Author / Working Hard / Sensualist
 
Welcome to Lit. After you submit a story to the web site and they've accepted it you'll have ample oppertunity for others to send feedback.
 
Quick question...

I posted my first story on Lit. on December 20th and so far it's had almost 18,000 views, with 106 votes with a rating of 3.31

How does this fair given the amount of time its been up?

I realize that 18,000 views doesn't mean it was actually read in its entirety, I'm just trying to gauge how well this topic was received given some of the feedback I received, some of which I deleted because it had nothing to do with the writing aspects of the story, but rather the content and the category in which it was placed.
 
Don't sweat the ratings system much - I am one of LIT's most-read authors (not bragging, stating fact) and I still get slammed on occasion. What I DO try to do is read the constructive criticism and also enjoy the positive feedback. If you have concerns, an editor might be of use and there are lots of volunteers out there.

BrettJ

Author / Creator / Sensualist
 
Thanks Brett, I appreciate it. I figure, I write what I like to write. It's not for everyone. And, being a male nurse, my skin is thick like buffalo....when you're a pony-tail-wearing male nurse your widdle feelings best not be worn on the sleeve....lol

In fact, all of the negative criticism was regarding the category I had placed my story in, and the subject matter. The positive criticism had to do with the actual telling of the story. Naturally, the negative critics didn't have any stories posted themselves....

Again thanks...I was curious about whether those stats were average, below average, etc....

Thanks for your time...

G.P. McCombs
 
Many of my critics aren't writers, but if they have valid points, they should be taken to heart. What used to annoy me was anonymous comments that just said things like "Sucked". I delete those as they have absolutely NO validity and help no one. Plus sometimes authors get "flamers" (people who post negative comments just for a perverse thrill) and those don't help.

BTW, 3.31 is a bit low but you're only beginning. Ratings can go up or down, depending on voters.

BrettJ

Author / Creator / Sensualist
 
I thought a thread wherein the authors that post or lurk at the board introduce themselves and their preferred story categories, it would be helpful to those seeking story writers.

What say you, sexy lit authors?

:D

Hello all. I suppose I may be your newest member. (Unless anyone signed up today! lol)

For now, I shall call myself Lips. Perhaps after I get to know others more I may share more. :)

I'll admit that I am not new to Literotica. I've enjoyed many of the stories I have read here, and honestly have not enjoyed a great majority of them. That is why I am here. I am hoping to have some submissions of my own ready for the 2011 Valentine's Day contest that will be starting later this month. (I've kept up with Lit's holiday contest in years past.)

I really don't think I have any "no no"s concerning Lit's categories. I suppose, for maybe obvious reasons, I wouldn't submit in the Non English category since I don't know any other language well to write in it! Perhaps not in Non Erotic, too, unless something nonsexual comes to me like a prequel to a long tale.

Favorites would have to lean more towards Incest, Lesbian, and perhaps Interracial depending on how others define "interracial". After all, it's not as black and white as "black and white". Sorry for the pun! lol I am part Cherokee, Creole, and a bit a white mixed in there. So, my conception was an "interracial tale". ;) I would enjoy opening others' minds in how they perceive the term race.

I am also interested in the possibility of offering tailor made tales to those that have requested them here. But, please understand, if your idea/kink and mine don't mesh please don't get upset if I say I cannot/will not write it. Also, understand that I may not be able to finish your story in a day or even a week if I have another project I am working on (as well as that thing called REAL LIFE) taking over!

I look forward to my time here and getting to know you all. :)
 
Hi "LIPS" and wel-cum to the site. If I may offer one suggestion - don't write for others, write for yourself and a readership will find you. That's been my experience so far.

Best of luck and enjoy authoring erotica, I know I do.

BrettJ

Author / Creator / Sensualist
 
Welcome LIPS, from newbie to another. Like you I've spent plenty of time on Lit before I ever decided to submit. As a sidebar, its refreshing to have a slightly different perspective on the definition of inter-racial.....

G.P.
 
Happy to say I am back in a creative vein and have just submitted a new, fun incesty story, my first for 2011. Should be posted in a few days.

Hope everyone is enjoying the year so far!

BrettJ

Author / Creator / Sensualist
 
Just posted my second story, quite a bit more reserved than my first, but I'm rather happy with it, inspired by time spent with my wife this morning. Hopefully it will be approved soon.

Following Brett's example, I place the link to my stories on my profile.

Brett, I'm willing to listen to any advice you have to share....
 
Good luck Mystic. My best advice is be careful and diligent - use spellcheck. Don't use the "You / I" story style, most find it boring unless you are the character. DON'T overthink it, I believe erotica should have a degree of spontaneity. If you're not sure, find an editor.

Keep writing, it gets easier over time.

BrettJ

Author / Creator / Sensualist
 
My name is Evelyn but my friends call me E.T. I would love to help out with story ideas or develop an idea into a story. Feel free to buzz me on Yahoo my id is the same there as it is here.

I look forward to hearing from you.

E.T.
 
I've just experienced something that I haven't warned you Authors about and given what Mystic asked about earlier, it's relevant.

Two of my newer stories had ratings of 4.6 and 4.5, more than enough to garner me a Red H. This indicates a "Hot" rating. Since last night, those ratings have dropped drastically.

Usually, this is an indication of "flamers" - people that intentionally give your story a low rating just because they are pinheaded jerks with nothing better to do.

If you know the piece you wrote was good, don't sweat it. Unless someone takes the time to give me real, honest constructive criticism, as much as it annoys, I don't sweat it too much. I still have a good readership and still get mail saying how much people like my work. I am still in the list of LIT's most-read authors. So folks, do your best and keep at it. It does pay off in the long run.

BrettJ

Author / Annoyed but Living with It / Sensualist
 
Usually, this is an indication of "flamers" - people that intentionally give your story a low rating just because they are pinheaded jerks with nothing better to do.

I guess I should count myself lucky then since I was exposed to these (probably the same,) people. They even stated that they had voted just to lower my rating. I welcome criticism that is relevant, makes me a better writer, (as it does for all of us,) but these people clearly have no purpose other than trying to drag others down.

I had contacted Lit about such people because some of the comments were profane and personally abusive to readers who had posted they enjoyed the story, but there appears to be no other recourse than to delete the abusive posts.

G.P.
 
Delete the comments - you never know if more people will vote, read the positive comments and vote according, thus upping your rating again, I have had that happen. There is someone on one of my threads I am fairly sure IS a flamer, not much you can do.

BrettJ

Author / Bothered / Sensualist
 
Hi, all! Thought I would backtrack and finally introduce myself over here in the "intro" thread...better late than never, right?

I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary on January 12, 2011...one year ago was when I submitted my very first story. I didn't discover the Forum until October, and I crept around for awhile before I started posting on the threads. I've met some awesome friends and authors here on Lit! I'm learning to have thicker skin, and to ignore the trolls and the, um, graphic pm's that I sometimes receive...but all in all, I'm glad to have found a place where I feel like I belong! A belated Happy New Year to everyone!
 
Wel-cum to the threads ELLA. I hope writing brings you the joy it does to others. Stop by any old time.

BrettJ

Writer / Working / Sensualist
 
Hey Ella!

Welcome to the AH thread, I'm very new here myself, nice to see a familiar name....
(Ella is part of the Pennsylvania thread I joined just prior to joining AH...)

G.P.
 
I am not new to lit, or writing but new to the forums!

Hi all

I have been vissiting literotica since 2000 or so and started reading the stories specifically but not exclusively the bi stories as I was curious about gay sex and my bf wanted a possible three some.

After reading the stories I discovered the chatroom Tehre I met some wierd people but a few were genuine and as a result of that I had my first bi (gay) experience with Jane.

After a while I decided to help other bi curious females to write a true story of my first time but I only submitted the first half. (sweet is the night)

It took a while for me to post the second half being less rosey..

However I have written various stories all are 'lesbian' though some are under other categories..

Not written for a few years and found a half completed story that I want to finish if I cam so came to lit this morning looking for resources for authors and found these forums...

Think this is my fourth post so far!!

Well please enjoy my offerings and maybe I will finish "A case of motherly love" the working title of my new story!

Miranda

Edit:

Thought I should mention, whilst I am these days mostly straight (opportunities with females seem to be thin on the ground for now) my stories are generally lesbian based - guess I use stories to explore my 'gay' fantasies/thoughts
 
Last edited:
Wel-cum back to LIT and wel-cum to the Forums SMALLNCUTE / MIRANDA. I am no stranger to LIT, having been on the Forums for ages, submitted Story 281 last night and I am a CM on the Chat part of LIT. If there is ever anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask me.

BrettJ

Creator / Awake / Sensualist
 
Delete the comments - you never know if more people will vote, read the positive comments and vote according, thus upping your rating again, I have had that happen. There is someone on one of my threads I am fairly sure IS a flamer, not much you can do.

BrettJ

Author / Bothered / Sensualist

Does the voting system take into account law of averages?


I was once told that if you write a story that gets mostly votes of 3-5 but a couple of people score 1 they are ignored as being outside the 'norm'

Just wondered.

Though to be fair if only 30 people have voted a couple of '1' or '2' s will get your score low but if your votes are 100 or more then statistically they will ahve less significance

Miranda
 
I have mentioned this before, but yes, voting system is based on averages. If a lot of people give your work a 5, but more give it a 4 or less, it will drop the rating. There are people out here who are flamers (not in the gay sense) who take particular joy in voting low on some work just to drop the rating. I've experienced them again recently, but as I am still rated high in LIT's most-read authors, although it annoys me, not much I can do. I know my stuff is good and hell, I get PAID to write for a company, so must be doing something right. Even as I send this, I'm taking a momentary break from writing.

Do the best you can and readers will find you. BTW, one small correction (I can be nit-picky at times). In your profile, the proper spelling for shoes is "SOLED" not "SOULED".

As I said, anything I can do to help, ask away.

BrettJ

Writer / Working / Sensualist
 
Back
Top