Princess is just a tilte but not protection (closed)

Adeline04

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Posts
337
Princess is just a title but not protection (closed)

Adinia was a strong headed girl, she always knew what she wanted and not, thou her family did always come first. She knew her duty, like her Mother and Sisters to stand strong at her father side to help keep the lands safe of something a normal soul couldn’t even start to understand. So many things could make a kingdom fall or rise and the King would always need a strong woman at his side, a strong son to keep it going after he is long no more and daughters to bind others to his kingdom.

Adinia heard of so many woman from her ancestors, she didn’t take things for just simple and easy, she knew for every second she was free to do what she wanted and her father keep her home lands safe, she had to pay a price a price someday. Thou as long as that day hasn’t come she would just enjoy life as a Princess.

----------

Adinia sat there going over some books that told about all the men and women before, now. She sat there in her favourite dress it being a very light cloth not to heavy. It was a dark green colour with a bit of a touch of brown to it. Her brow Hair was lightly curly and longer then her shoulders and Emerald green eyes. Her skin was so soft like the velvet she loved to wear and not to pale but just the right colour. She never wanted too much attention from others. She wasn’t a very tall girl but she always knew how to help herself.

She sat there thinking of what she could do today; she looked out over the lands, watching nature’s show its self from its beautiful self. She thought about going out to lie in grass and just listen to Mother Nature whisper and sing, feel the grass caress her skin it touched and the animals around her and play. She knew her father wouldn’t let her since she was only safe behind the walls, not even in the village she was aloud to go most of the time as she was the oldest of his daughters therefore the first he could wed off.

Adinia made her way to her father thinking for some reason to let her go out with some of his knight’s maybe she just had to get out of these walls or she would go mad. Finding her father she smiled and tried to be cute and sweet as she knew he could only hard say no to that.

“Hi father…..I need to go to the village and maybe father I ….umm need new paints and cloths so I may work on my art and such I don’t have anything any more!”

She gave him a soft kiss on his cheek as she waited for him to answer as he was reading something. He looked up at her and smiled some.

“Child can't you just send one of your servants to do such things for yourself….You know I don’t like you going out to far and to long as many would love to get you in their hands to use you against me …”

Her father was very protective over her but she knew just how to get him to say yes.

“But daddy none of my servant has such a good eye on the paints and such that I need only I can do such things…and I don’t want to go alone let me take a half army if you feel better.”

He sighed rubbing his forehead he then called a guard to him telling him to set a guard team together to protect his daughter she had to go out. The guard ran off to do so as Adinia smiled giving her father another kiss to the cheek smiling and ran off as she calls back to him.

“Thank you Father!!”


After some time she came to the village with many strong men guarding her. She wasn’t sure how she was going to find the right paint or how she could slip form her guards, which had the command to serve for her safety. Therefore she looked at each one carefully not to make a mistake but also carefully not to become interest for the wrong one. She then told the men that she wasn’t going to find the paint here that they needed to take her to the next village.

She sat in her carriage as the guards were riding around it she still tried to think of y reason why she need to get out in the forest so she might be able to enjoy the freedom and if it was just for a second.

“Hector I'm getting a little sick can you stop for a second I need to get out..!”

He knew he shouldn’t but he also knew her very well she would find an other way if he just didn’t stop the carriage now. He held the carriage as he then opened the door looking right at her and said.

“Ok Princess Adinia but stay close and always make sure that one of use is around you. Please for the sake of your Father ok!”

She smiled and nodded as she then slowly made her way into the forest what she didn’t know that there were some that wanted to jump her carriage thou now that she had held it herself they had it easier as they waited for her to get more in the forest before they would jump her and her guards. Not all guards were with her most waited at the carriage for her to come back.

It was then that men jumped her guards knocking them out or even killing them as she screamed and started to run thou she didn’t run in the direction of the carriage as the men moved so to make her run deeper into the forest.
 
Last edited:
A top secret branch of the American military was set up to attempt to open wormholes, or portals to other dimensions in order to expand their supply of resources for growth. A natural tear in the fabric of reality was discovered near New York, New York boosting the branch's success of being able to harness dimensional travel. After a few months a facility was built which would allow them to travel back and forth in the tunnel. Two probes were successful at finding a stable point to run the first travel trial between the current dimension and another. The dimension was had been discovered lead to a prehistoric world finding with many dangerous creatures..

DerekRhinehart was born in the year 2078. Strict population controls had been in place to where families could only have one child. However his parents broke the law by having two children and both was taken away, placed in an orphanage. Despite the dire conditions, Derek remained happy and always had an eagerness to learn all he could. Feeling the need to get away from the static situation of the orphanage, he enrolled into the military at the age of 17, the earliest they allowed. He was hand-picked as a scout for the top secret program, nicknamed Line Runner. He spent most of his time learning everything he could about the job, improving his skills as much as he could. His dream of exploring finally came true when the Rift was discovered, becoming the first to volunteer for the maiden voyage through the Rift.

-----------------------------------------
March 5, 3008

Derek took a deep breathe as he looked at the glowing green pool of energy ringed by a metal circle at the end of a very long walkway. Though he was only a short distance from it, the pool looked very large to him. He was going to be the first human to go through the portal and he only had a vague clue of what to expect. The air was supposed to be clear of pollutants, and a much cleaner world overall. He shook his head for a moment and turned to go through the supplies that had been packed for him to take.

A battery-powered quad was the standard for exploration missions like his. The quad was built light, able to carry two passengers if needed. Attached to the quad was small trailer with enough supplies for a week. MREs, a two man tent, hammock, three uniforms, two flashlights with multi-colored lenses, spare battery for the quad, a solar-powered battery charger, various tools, and a portable radio were stashed away neatly inside. Painted on the side of the small trailer and front left bumper was the Line Runner's symbol, a red sword within a light brown circular gear.

With everything was in order, he double-checked his personal equipment. His uniform was a digitized pattern of multiple shades of green on the top and pants. A small palm-size computer was in his right breast pocket while the rest of his other pockets were empty. He wore brown-colored body armor which was woven with materials which could turn aside any bladed implements and stop any caliber bullet up to a 7.62 round. His standard issue side-arm was a sonic pulse pistol, housed on his right hip in a jet black holster. An electronic pulse rifle was slung across his back, equipped with a black vinyl sling. Hanging from his waist was a sheathed ten-inch combat knife with a titanium-carbon steel mixture blade, and two pulse grenades. A full camelbak of water was slung over his back, the drinking tube clipped to the front of his vest.

"Everything is set for you to move out Sgt. Rhinehart."
"Roger, moving out."

He took a sip of water as he tapped the comm-piece in his ear to turn it off. He took another deep breathe as he climbed onto the quad, feeling a mixture of dread and excitement at what he would find beyond the portal. It would be interesting to feel what actual wind would feel like blowing his short brown hair. He gunned the engine and moved forward towards the portal slowly, it's surface barely rippling. The quad had just made it into the portal when the entire system surged with an energy spike. Physically, nothing happened that John noticed, but the surge had caused the rip to shift into a completely different dimension for several seconds. The passage was successful for Derek and his equipment, but he was cut off as the rip resettled itself to the right dimension.

--------------

The first thing Derek noticed was the smell and taste of clean air. The sound and feel of the wind was soft as it blew past him. He stopped the quad where he was, sitting somewhere in a forest. Sunlight shone down through the canopy, feeling warm on his face. He pulled his Kevlar off of his head as he looked around carefully with his brown eyes. He was silent as he listened to the various sounds of the forest, trying to take it all in. He turned his comm-piece on, but only heard dead silence. He frowned as he spoke softly.

"Where is the probe?"

He was about to set off in a random direction when the sound of a woman's scream caught his attention. He picked up his rifle as Adinia came running in view towards him through the trees. It took him a moment to see them men running after her, swords and knives out. He wasn't sure what was going on, but right now didn't seem the best time for questions yet.

Instead, he lifted his rifle and fired at each of the men carefully as he spotted them. The leather armor and unarmored flesh were no match for the hypersonic shots, heads and chests exploding apart in red mists. Once he lowered the rifle, he put it back on safe and refslung it on his back.

"I think I got all of them ma'am. Are you ok?"
 
Adinia was looking back at her followers as she tried to run threw the forest without falling or getting caught by the men and the branches. She then looked forward seeing something between the trees she wanted to turn and run in a different direction not sure if it was dangerous who or what was standing there.

She kept running as the trees wouldn’t allow her to change the direction right away and thought maybe she could just run past it, thou as she gets closer she sees a man wearing strange things and as he then held up what she first thought was a weird stick. She thought to herself oh no not a freak that thinks he can do magic or something, thou as Derek started shooting she screamed and dropped to the ground holding her ears.

She shivered with her whole body scared to death what was that for a sound and how did he make it. She looked behind her then remembering the men following her she got scared they might grab her now, but when she looked back to where they should have been and none of them were there anymore. She gasped breathing quickly turning back fast again to look at Derek.

She had tears running down her cheeks still holding her ears some, seeing him step closer she scooted back some as she just watched him. She couldn’t believe it, who was that and what the hell did he do to those men and what would he do with her now.

Derek then told her he got all of them and asked her if she was ok. She stood up walking slowly away from him backwards. She didn’t trust him what if he was a sorcerer of some kind or even worse.

“Please don’t hurt me…. My father is the King of this kingdom he will pay a lot to have me back… but if you hurt me he will have your head… I’m warning you stranger…”

Her eyes scattered over him he looked so funny in some way she had never seen someone like him before. She wasn’t looking were she was going as she was to afraid to turn her back to him as she then stepped on a stone which made her twist her ankle and fall back to the ground. She cried out some and grabbed her ankle; she wasn’t sure what to do now as her ankle hurt so much she knew she wouldn’t be able to run if she had to. She hears Hectors voice very quiet calling for her thou she couldn’t call back as her heart beaded so fast thou her eyes couldn’t let Derek out of her sight.

--------------------

Meanwhile her guards that had waited at the carriage heard her scream and all but two ran off in the direction they heard her and the guards that were knocked out by the men that had run after her were awake again and got to their feet as the others came along as well. Hector rubbed his head some as he had gotten a log hit against his head.

“GO! Find the princess and make sure who ever hurt's her dies for this!!!”

She yelled at the others as he himself made his way to search for her as well. They heard the weird sounds and ducked stopping they all looked at Hector as if asking what they should do and what that was.

“Careful! But we have to keep searching the King will have our heads if we don’t find her!”

They then started to make there way searching and calling for her as if trying to tell the person or thing that made the sound that they were no harm to her and that they only wanted to protect her.
 
He gave a little shake of his head as she begged him not to hurt him as she backed away from him. Normally someone who was saved from men chasing them would thank him for saving him, but she was doing the opposite. And when she spoke of her father being a kingdom, it made him wonder exactly when he had ended up. Perhaps this king could help him out, after all he did save the girl. He tsked softly when he saw her trip and fall back on her ass.

"I had no plans on hurting you. I was just doing my job, protecting others like the soldier I am."

He maneuvered the quad and trailer so that he pulled up next to her, the machine silent as it moved. He reached back behind him, patting the edge of the wide back for a moment.

"You can sit here so I can get you back to where you came from. Take my hand and I'll help you on."

He held his hand out to her, helping her so she could sit side saddle. He had heard the men in the distance, calling out a name. It would only make since that they were looking for her.

"Adina? Pretty name. So, where can I take you? And be careful of the tire."
 
Adinia looked at him sitting on this strange thing that seemed to be his horse thou it was missing a head and feet. He said he was a soldier and was here to protect that calmed her a bit.

He was stood next to her with his strange horse as she hesitated at first to take his hand but now she was getting curios what or who he was. He then told her she could sit with him and he would help her get back were she came from. She looked around once before she then nodded and took his hand.

She got up with his help and sat behind him, she looked around first in the thing she sat on and was a little worried but then looked at him and asked.

“Why does your horse have no head and no feet?!”

Sitting behind him she couldn’t help but look him over her finger tips running over his clothing and the black stick that made those noises and then over his neck ever so slightly as if to see if he was really human or so. She wrapped her arms around him slightly as she then heard her guards call out for her louder it was then that Derek heard them now to.

He then told her, her name was pretty which made her smile no one really ever told her that before. Then he asked where he should take her and that she should be careful of the tire. She tilted her head some as she then said.

“Thank you it’s actually Princess Adinia… umm and what is a ..t..Tire?! And it would be best that you take me back to my guard’s maybe…. “

She said as she then pointed in the direction she had come from hoping they didn’t drift off to much in the wrong direction.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hector was getting really pissed off as he couldn’t find her and now she wasn’t making any noises any more after this weird sound had came. He couldn’t believe he fell for her trick again or at least hoping it was a trick as she always tried to slip away so that she was a few seconds free of all and then she gets in trouble then he gets almost his head cut off cause he didn’t keep her in his eye sight.

He wasn’t sure what to do if he didn’t find her just never go back go back and tell the men to all say they were jumped and she was taken.

“Adinia!!!”

He called out once again as he sighed the other men also calling out as he then sees something between the trees coming their way. She told the others to stop and stand their ground if it wasn’t her. He tried to look harder as what was coming one guard that stood closer to whatever was coming gasped and started to walk backwards.

Hector gripped his sword even tighter as he watched it come closer. One guard turned and started to run in the direction of the carriage as he screamed.

“It’s a dragon or a beast RUN!”

Hector shook his head knowing where to put him when they get back to the castle as he waited some of the others stood their ground but did take a few steps back, as he then called out very loud so what or who ever it was could hear him.

“Stop in the name of your King…. !”
 
He stayed still for a few moments as he let her explore his uniform, the fabric smooth beneath her fingertips. He smiled a little as he felt her fingertips on the back of his neck for a moment before glancing back at her questions.

"Those are all questions I can answer later, if I get the chance. As far as the tire..."

He shifted and reached down, tapping the black rubber of the tire her legs were resting against.

"This is a tire. And I would suggest lifting your legs and holding your dress so it doesn't get torn off."

He gave a nod for a moment before reaching and positioning her right arm around his waist so she could hold on if she wanted, leaving her other hand free to hold her dress away. Once that was done, he put both hands on the handlebars and hit the throttle. There was a soft hum as the quad began to move forward, picking up speed. He didn't go too fast to help keep her balanced, but they did bounce a little over tree roots and small rocks on the ground.

Their path brought them out into a small clearing in view of the carriage as the guard shouted for them to stop. Seeing only swords drawn, Derek continued till he was just a few feet short of the road.

"I don't have a king myself, but I thought you might like this one back."

He smiled and helped the princess down so that the guards would be a little more at ease. After that, he took a moment to show his empty hands before sitting up as he rested them in his lap.
 
Adinia nodded as she understood at least what he wanted from her as he took her hand around his waist she smiled ever so softly as her other hand held her dress and her legs shifted themselves so they wouldn’t get in the way of the tire.

She gasped and griped tightly to him as he drove off, something like this she only knew it from a carriage but not this bumpy at least. She pressed herself to him as she tried not to get in the tire as she saw it move like the wheels on a carriage. She closed her eyes trying to keep her balance.

He then stopped and she heard her guards she had almost laughed as he then told them he didn’t have a king but they might want her back. He helped her down and she looked at Hector and almost cried. Hector ran over taking her in his arms and quickly taking her away from Derek.

“Wait Hector he saved me…”

She said as she held onto hector as her ankle still hurt, as she then added.

“Who are you? What is the name of my savior?!”

She looked at him now without fear as her eyes ran over him and the guards standing down some as they hear that the stranger had saved their princess which saved their heads from the king.
 
He gave a little smile at her calling him a savior and shook his head for a moment.

"I'm no savior ma'am. It's all part of the job. My name is Derek, Derek Rhinehart."

He thought for a moment of just exactly how much more he should say, but he wasn't sure how much he should tell. This wasn't exactly where he was suppose to end up and the handbook certainly didn't dictate how he was supposed to handle locals.

"I just happened to end up in the area and it would have been wrong for me to let a woman get ganged up on like that."

He thought for a moment before climbing off of the quad and walking to the trailer. Aftera moment of searching, he pulled up a small computer in the shape of a book. Turning it on, pulled up a small antenna. The screen flash for a moment and then showed a radar on the screen. He frowned for a moment before turning the computer off and put it back among the tools.

Realizing he was probably being rude, he looked back towards Adina and her guards.

"Sorry about that. I had lost something important earlier, but there don't seem to be any sign of it now."
 
She let his name go threw her mind some, she had never heard a name like his before. She smiled and watched him she put her hand on Hectors chest so he puts her back down, while she watched him.

He went to the back side of his weird horse and pulled a book out but then also something out of the book which not only made her head tilt some but the guards all as well. Hector stepped forward holding out a hand to him.

“Then as it seems you have saved our Princess I may thank you in the name of our King!”

He stopped for a second hesitating some not sure, if it was such a good idea but then added.

“Please come back with us so that the King himself may thank you for saving his daughter Princess Adinia”

Adinia nodded some so she would be able to get to know him some more as she just needed to know more of him he had something on him she just couldn’t let go. She then looked at Hector and then back at Derek but before she could say something Hector turned to her and then grabbed her arm some and saying.

“And you Princess Adinia will ride in your carriage back and stay in it till we get back to the castle and if your sick again then hold her head out some but we will not stop till we get back to your Father your not going to trick me again…. And Next time Princess please send one of your servants to get your paints or whatever you shall need..”

He sighed as he helped her in the carriage not really waiting for Derek to say yes or no to the invite back to the castle. Adinia sighed some as she got in the carriage not able to blame him as she never had made it easy for him thou she looked out of the carriage once looking to Derek smiling she waved to him.

“Please do take the invite ill show you our home and introduce you to my Father the King D…. Derek!”
 
When Hector reached his hand out, Derek took it and gave a hearty handshake for a moment before letting go. Hearing the praise and then the invite, he paused for a moment in answering.

"Of course.."

Though his reply seemed to have went unnoticed for the time being as the guard shuffled the princess into her carriage. It would have been rude for him to turn the invite down, so naturally he was going to go. After all, it would help him explore this new world more and get some more answers as well.

He chuckled and waved back to Adrina as she leaned out to wave at him. He got back on the quad as they began to pull away, starting it up. He soon pulled in a little bit behind the carriage, keeping pace with it. It also let him enjoy the new countryside as they went along, nature as he never got to experince from the future. He did also find the princess rather cute, even if she was so much younger than him.
 
Adinia looked once in a while back if Derek was sill there as she thought about how his clothing felt and what he had with him. That weird stick of his with that sound she had never heard of was so weird hard and cold. What also went threw her mind was the thought of how good looking Derek was, thou she wasn’t sure how her Father would react to him.

What she knew was that he was going to get really mad at her once again and at Hector for letting, her get out and wonder off to get in trouble. He would also thank Derek no matter what he thought of him. He would also probly offer him a place to stay for the night food for his belly and women for his bed if he so wished it but none of his daughters or his wife of course. He would show himself very grateful to Derek would probly thou try and get rid of him quickly or want to keep him very close as not sure how dangerous he might get or be to his kingdom.

She could here some of the guards that rode next to the carriage speak with the ones on the carriage for its safety and all. They asked each other about what he looked like what he had with him why his horse had no head and no feet but as fast as their horses rode and what that was for a sound. They also spoke about the brat Adinia that she would get them all killed one day if she didn’t stop being so stubborn.

Adinia wasn’t that old 20 years or so but old enough to know what she wanted and how to get what she wanted. Her father has already tried to wed her off three times and each time to some man older younger and all but she always could get herself out of it as she wanted to fall in love and not just have to learn to love someone. Her father didn’t understand that and wouldn’t let that happen, she knew it but as long as she could get away with it she would but her younger, sisters were getting older as well. She would have to wed soon thou or just be given to a man, in the kingdom as a normal bride. then the next oldest sister would have to win the hand a new kingdom for her father.


The carriage drove threw the one village at the feet of the castle as the people gasped and looked watching Derek getting scared and wondering what and who he was, also what he had under him as a normal horse it wasn’t. They finally got to the castle, Adinia jumped out almost faster then the guard could open the carriage door almost falling again with her ankle still being sore but she didn’t care. She made her way over to Derek as Hector tried to hold her back and tell her to go inside and find her Father and tell him what she did or he would and had to cause of all that had happened.

Adinia looked at him and wanted to yell but didn’t looked at Derek once more and then made her way in the castle slowly as some servants came running out to help her one which was the head of the servants for Adinia looked at Hector head shaking while she side. Hector just turned around, as he knew just what she wanted to say anyways and didn’t have a mind for it right now, as he then told the other guards what to do and gave his horse to an other servant.

Hector walked over to Derek as he then said.

“Well Sir Derek you may put your h…Horse somewhere on the side and follow me to the King so he may be able to thank you for your service.”

Hector went and waited at the door till Derek came along making his way then to the royal hall where the King should be and Adinia hopefully already telling him what she did and why a strange had to save her since she tricked out her guards again. While they made their way in he spoke one last time to Derek.

“I also want to say how sorry I am for the behavior of Princess Adinia she can be…well sometimes… Okay most times very stubborn”

Hector didn’t say anything else till they got to the hall where he then introduced him to the King and why he was here.
 
As Derek drove a long, he couldn't help but notice the odd looks the people gave him as he passed by. It also didn't surprise him since he was a total oddity in this world, with strange gadgets. He also noticed some things that was foreign to him. He had noticed a few workers in some of the fields wearing steel collars, making him think they were prisoners working the fields. Slavery had not existed where he came from, so the closet thing he could equate it to was prison.

It was just another list of things he would have to ask about when he got the chance. That was the other problem he knew he would have to deal with. All the questions. If he said the wrong thing, it would probably meant death for him or worse. He shivered for a moment, but smiled and nodded to everyone he passed by.

As they came to a stop in the courtyard, he pulled up just behind the carriage. He didn't get off yet, waiting till he was told where he could park. He gave a little smile to Adina for a moment before watching her be led off to be taken care of.

"No problem. Give me a moment and I'll follow you in."

Spotting a little opening between the stables and the wall, he carefully pulled the quad and trailer in so that it was out of the way. He rejoined Hector, keeping his rifle slung on his back, but the clip was removed and chamber clear. He gave a little chuckle for a moment at the comment about Adina.

"Perhaps all she needs is a firm hand to guide her. No one is really too old for a spanking."

He gave a smile to some of the servants they passed, whispering among themselves at the strangely dressed stranger.
 
Adinia sat next to her father in a chair as Hector and Derek came in her father gave her a look as if saying we will talk about this later. Hector walked up with Derek till right before the stairs that lead up to the Kings chair and held out a hand before Derek as if telling him not any closer.

“King Henry the first, Son of Herald the second father to Princess Adinia, Matilda, Stephania and Elisabeth……This is the savior from Princess Adinia… “

Hector stopped for a second, looked at Adinia, then back to the king, and added.

“Derek Rhinehart son of…well Lord I can’t say as you can see Sir Derek is not from these lands “

Hector bowed and stepped then back letting Derek so to say standing there alone. Adinia watched Derek and her father as if hoping for something to happen. Her father looked at Hector with a look he knew he was going to hear more about this later and then back to Derek.

“Well I hear you saved my daughter from some of the wild rogue I thank you Sir … Derek but please do tell me from which Kingdom you come from as I can not say which from your clothing…. Who is your King I will make sure of it that he gives you also a token of gratitude for saving my Daughter….”

He couldn’t help but look Derek over still not sure if this all was such a good idea as he then added.

“Before you have leave you may stay here if you wish may eat drink and sleep and have also a servant to warm thy bed if also wished…”

Adinia then added quickly to that.

§I could show him around your Kingdom father so I may also thank him for saving me as I have not had the chance to …”

She looked at her father and then to Derek as he did the same as well adding.

“If that is what Sir Derek also wishes then may be it but Daughter you will come to me later and we shall talk about this also.”
 
He wasn't exactly sure of what protocol to use when addressing the king, so Derek lapsed into a at ease position where Hector had indicated at the foot of the stairs. He crossed his hands together at the small of his back and his feet slightly apart. He gave a little smile for a moment at the thanking.

"I was only doing what was right sir. And just happened to be in the right place at the right time."

He lapsed into silence for a moment as he tried best on how to explain where he was from. Judging from the look of things, saying he was from the future would have probably gotten him laughed at or even worse. He knew he would probably have to tread carefully on his answers.

"Well, sir, I will do my best to rely your thanks to my king. I am a sargent from the United States Army, hailing from across the ocean. I was just out tracking something that was lost a few days ago..."

It was a long shot on getting believed, since he really had no clue of the land's layout yet. He smiled for a moment at Adina's offer.

"I wouldn't mind having a guided tour of the kingdom. Thank you for the offer."

He did wonder for a moment if he would meet the rest of the royal family, but that was something to worry about later. He still needed to figure out how he was going to eat, sleep, or even get some form of currency for however long it took him to find the beacon, if the thing even still worked.
 
Adinia smiled and nodded some as her father sighed some knowing his daughter she would probly try something to get in trouble once again. Thou it always turned out ok or right at the end, she were often in trouble before that.

He waved his hand in the air as he then said to Adinia.

“Then you can also show him the room he may lay in and sleep for the night some nights to that if he wishes and please Daughter make it to dinner today and also bring Sir Derek with you. Your mother would like to see all her daughters eat together.”

Adinia stood up and kissed her father on the cheek as his eyes held to Derek as if telling him not to touch her that she wasn’t for him for the taking she was promised to another. She then walked slowly down to Derek as her ankle was bonded up but it still hurt a bit she then hooked her arm in his as she said to him pulling him slightly to follow.

“Sooo Sir Derek…what would you like to see first?!”

Her father watched them leave as he still wondered about what he said not sure, if he was lying or telling the truth but today wasn’t the place to think in bad thoughts as he did save Adinia. He called to a servant and whispered something in his ear as he then ran off to follow them so they wouldn’t notice or at least Adinia to keep them in eye and tell the King about everything.
 
He watched Adina hobble a little over to him before taking his arm in hers. He didn't think that her walking around so much would be good for her, but he wasn't the one in charge. He gave a bow of the head to the king for a moment before smiling to Adina.

"Since I am just the guest here, I think it's best if you show the way for me. I think I would get us lost."

He walked along beside her, doing his best to make sure he didn't add to her hurt ankle. He had also planned on being on his best behavior, cause he figured that he was going to be watched the entire time.

"I would like to see everything you could possibly show me. Just try not to over do it with your hurt ankle."
 
Adinia smiled as she leaned against him some and then said.

“Well at least I can lean against you if I need help and your strong enough I guess at least “

She tried to sound if she hadn’t really noticed his body shape. At least what she could see of it with all the clothing on it. She made her way with him to the room he would be staying in first.

Showing him the rooms that came along before his, as the servant tried to follow without them noticing and if they would turn around he would try to do as if he was doing something he but not following them. Adinia couldn’t help but ask him once again as he never did answer her question back in the forest.

“Derek..?! Will you tell me now why your horse has no head and no feet it was not normal sitting with you on it as it ran it felt funny…”

She looked slightly up to him being a bit shorter then he was. She had this question look to her face as she started to think of other things she wanted to ask him.

“Are you taken?! And what was it that you’re searching for…..”

She just couldn’t stop the thoughts and question came so fast to her mind thou as they came to his room she opened the door and walked with him in it closing the doors right behind them as she then turned to look at Derek and watch him for a second as she leaned against the door some.

“And why are your cloths so funny?”
 
He gave a little laugh for a moment at her inquisiveness. He stood in front of her for a moment as the questions spilled from her pretty lips, smiling.

"So many questions and we only just met."

He lifted a finger and placed it against her lips for a moment to quiet her for a moment.

"Shh..all in due time."

He grinned once more as he turned from her, moving to take in the room. He reached out for a moment to touch the silk covering of the bed. It looked a lot more comfortable than what he was normally used to.

"That's not a horse, but a mechanical vehicle. It's called a quad and just a little more sturdy than a horse. It requires a form of fuel, but not as often as a horse."

He turned around to face her, sitting back on the bed. He closed his eyes for a moment at the soft give of the material, looking forward to sleeping in it later. He opened his eyes once more as he looked over at the princess.

"I'm currently single and haven't really had anyone special, if that's what you mean."

He stood up once more, moving over to look out the window.

"As far as what I'm looking for, it's not really something I can divulge information about, sorry."

He looked down a his uniform for a moment, pulling off a stray leaf that had gotten caught inside his blouse cuff.

"My uiform isn't strange, it's made of cotton nylon. A common material where I'm from."
 
Her eyes held him as his finger went to her lips she wanted to ask much more but for some reason she just didn’t and listened to him. She watched him look and touch everything as if seeing and feeling it for the first time she smiled at the thought of him never had seen these things before was he so low in the chain of command that he wasn’t even aloud to sleep in the castle like the guards that live here she thought to herself.

She also listened to him talk about his horse which wasn’t a horse what also made her head tilt a bit to the side not sure, if she really understood what he was telling her.

Hearing he wasn’t taken for made her almost smile even more there was something about him she just couldn’t leave alone. Everyone had always told her that she should be careful some day she would get in over her head and regret what she had done, but till now everything always worked out for her and till then she wouldn’t stop her feisty ways.


“Ok that means your horse is not living but does live…. “

She says softly almost to herself more then asking him. She then watched him move from the bed to the window, as he then told her he couldn’t tell her what he what searching for.

“But if you can’t tell one then how do you think to finding it?!”

She then went to walk over to him as she then tripped falling again course of her ankle as she gave a slight cry out and then directly saying loud enough for the servant that might be listening that she was ok. She stayed sitting on the floor rubbing her ankle for a second as she then asked him.

“Cotton nylon…..and that stick of yours that makes this awful sound?!”
 
He gave a little smile at her continued questions. She was acting almost like a kid in a candy store, grasping at everything she could.

"I'll know because I have the information I need to find it here."

He tapped his temple for a moment. He shook his head gently for a moment when she fell to the floor.

"I told you to be carefully. I hope you don't plan on running for a few days."

He chuckled softly, but moved over to her. He lifted her up carefully from the floor before sitting her down on the bed. He sat beside her as he reached back and tapped his rifle with one hand.

"It's called a rifle and takes a bit of training to use properly. Most of the equipment I carry requires training as well."

He reached down to her twisted ankle for a moment, gently moving his fingers along it.

"I've a bit of medical training, so as far as I can tell...you've only sprained it so you should be fine."
 
She smiled some wrapping her arms around his neck as he picked her up setting her then on the bed. She watched him very closely as he looked over her ankle, lifted her leg some putting it on his lap as if to give him a better look at it. His fingers gently ran over her ankle as he then told her it should be fine.

“A Rifle and why does it make such a noise and why did the men disappear or only parts of them…. It is magic or something?!”

She leaned back some as she nibbled her lips trying to figure out which question to ask now as she then smiled saying.

“And you have no wife or children…..are there women from were you come from?!”

She said and sat back up straight so that she then could let her hand gently go over his uniform once again. She left her leg lying over his lap while she then even leaned over to smell his uniform or him.

“Do they all wear something like this from were you come from or are you something special…. Like a lord or maybe even higher?!”

She just couldn’t stop touching him as her hand gently wondered over his uniform and him.
 
He gave a laugh for a moment and shook his head when she called his rifle magic.

"No, it's not magic. It's just science and would take longer to explain than we probably have time for."

He left her foot on his lap as she reached out to touch at his uniform.

"Yes, there are women from where I am from. No, I don't have wife or children currently."

After a few moments, he took her hand gently before slipping off the bed to stand.

"Come on, I think we better continue the tour or your father will start to get the wrong impression. Who knows what the little spy is going to tell him if we linger too long."

It didn't really fool him that the servant was trying to follow them. The guy was an amatur at the skill. He reached out and pulled her to her feet gentlybefore opening the door.

"After you."
 
Sighed some as he then stood up talking about her father once more but she thought she might have time later to ask more about him. She stood up walking out the door as he opens it she then showed him around the castle the important rooms he might need while he stays here.

“If you need anything to eat then you just have to call for Henrieta, she can bring you something to eat or to drink if your water or wine…”

She then showed him out to her little garden where she also loved to be as it was always very quiet there and no one every bothered her there she could go on with her arts and readings.

One of her servants came running towards her.

“Princess….Princess!!! Princess Adinia!”

She came up to them as she tried to catch her breath form running and searching for her. She then hesitated for a second as she looked over Derek and then back to Adinia.

“Princess your Mother Queen is calling for you to get dressed for dinner…. !”

Adinia sighed some as she shook her head she then nodded and smiled waving her hand some as she then says.

“Go I be there in a few I'm only going to bring Derek back to his room so he might get ready as well and then ill be in my room waiting for your service to dress me….!”

Her servant nodded some as if just hoping she was really going to do that this time and not like most time get lost somewhere in the castle that no one can find her till after dinner. Adinia watched till her servant was gone and then looked up to Derek.

“You will join us for dinner wont you?! I would ever so much like it if you did…and it would help my father ease up a bit “

She hooked her arm around his arm again gripping at his arm slightly holding him as she then went to show him back in his room.
 
He smiled, but was quiet as she continued to show him around. It would have be rude for him to really interrupt just yet. He chuckled for a moment when the servant came running up, just to make sure the princess would be at dinner.

"Of course I'll be there. I've really don't have any other pressing plans for the time being."

He laid his hand gently over hers as he helped support her all the way back to his room. He opened the door before pulling from her gently.

"I shall see you at dinner then."

He smiled for a moment before giving a little bow to her. He figured it would do to have some formality with things.
 
Adinia smiled and bowed slightly herself back at him as she then made her way to her room. She got to her room and her servants waited for her already had picking out some dresses for her to choose from.

She sat down on the bed edge as she looked at them and smiled some which color should I wear to dinner Sarah. She asked her favorite servant she was almost like a friend to her then a servant she was at least one of only a few that understood her.

Sarah smiled some kneeling before her to take off her shoes and look at her ankle once more.

“Well Princess Adinia I would probly take the color that suits your eyes the best….”

Adinia ran her hand over the dresses as she thought about which one to wear as Derek kept falling in her thoughts. What was it about him other then the strange things he had with him that made him so interesting for her? He was very good looking of what she could see of him maybe because he wasn’t like any man she had ever meat before.

She then decided to take the dress her mother always loved on her something so simple but also very pretty which showed off her very female like shape that her body had. She made her way to the dinning room as she sent off a servant to see Derek to the dinning room as she wasn’t sure if she had really showed him the way and if he would find it from his room.

She sat down at the table making sure Derek would be sitting next to her as she spoke with her little sisters and mother as her father came in and joined they all were laughing some and speaking all waiting for Derek to arrive so they may all eat together.
 
Back
Top