Lost in You- the journey continues(closed)

babygurll1968

*sweet Innocence*
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Posts
8,157
*** This is the second part of the Megs/Danny story being advanced about 3 years forwards in their lifes. For those of you out there that had read the first We hope you enjoy the newest chapter in their lives.***


The high pitch squeal that resounded throughout the house was answered by an answering laugh. Both soft and feminine. A small body darted down the hallway,the long blonde hair flowing out behind the rocketing 3 year old. Her light blue eyes dancing with mischief as her mother followed close behind. They could have been twins with their porcelain features and china doll eyes.The mother laughed as she grabbed her wiggling daughter and hugged her close.

"Gotcha!" She laughed to the armful of energy. Mehgan James once known around the world as Mehgan Miller part of the singing Miller family. She hugged her almost 3 year old daughter Katy tightly,making the girl cry out in giggles.

Katy was the baby they had almost never had,a series of events in their past caused serious medical injuries to Mehgan and the loss of their first child. Katy had been a pleasant surprise just short of their first Anniversary. Mehgan let the rambling toddler go as they moved towards the front door. Danny would be coming in soon and Katy always met her daddy. She had him wrapped around her little chubby finger.

Mehgan stopped and opened her phone as it rang. She smiled when her mother,who she was raised to think was her sister spoke on the other end. Kat and Darryl were on a trip to Venice for a long overdue honeymoon. Mehgan leaned against the table in the foyer as she watched Katy looking out the window for her daddy.

"Hey Mom..whats up? Everything going good?" She said happily into the phone. "You sure...you sound funny?"Mehgan asked frowning slightly turning away from Katy.

Mehgan chewed her bottom lip knowing they had not had an easy time of things in their life and wanted the best for her mom. Kat's voice broke her revere. "Things are good. Rainy but good. Darryl wanted me to call,he..well he wants Danny to call his agent."

Mehgan felt her breath catch in her chest. Danny had become a songwriter after he retired 4 years ago,now the thought of him going back on the road and all the temptation he would be faced with."Mom...it's been 4 years."Mehgan said softly as she heard Danny's car pulling into the driveway.

"Listen Ill tell him. He just got home. Call me later?"She said as she hung up. Katy's high pitch squeal filled her ears to bursting. Mehgan walked over and opened the door letting her energetic toddler burst through towards her father. Mehgan leaned agaist the doorframe and watched as he scooped her up in his arms and let her plant sloppy kisses on his face. She smiled softly at the scene,trying to keep the anxiousness from her eyes.
 
Danny pulled into the long drive. It had been a long day in the studio with some new band who had scraped enough money together to hire him to produce their first album. With Darryl and Kat gone for who knew how long, the responsibilities of the studio lay on his shoulders.
Between the young men who were going to "rock the world" and their know it all manager, it had been a long day.
As he parked the car he saw the door burst open and the blonde maned whirlwind blew by her mother who leaned in the doorway.
Denny knelt and scooped the laughing, squealing child into his arms and spun around with her as she lavished his cheeks with kisses and sang "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" With the sweet sing song voice and sugary kisses, Danny felt his whole demeanor change. He closed his eyes and held the child to his chest, squeezing her too hard as she giggled. It was the moment in each day he held closest to his heart.
As he opened his eyes he focused on the woman in the door. Her blonde hair was shining and framed her beautiful face. Still very much the young woman who had changed his world.
He smiled as she watched them move toward her. His eyes never left hers as he marveled at the devotion she had shown him these past years.
At the door he put Katy down and she ran into the house, disappearing to the other room as Danny took Mehgan into his arms.
Without a word he kissed her softly, gently and with a need that was never sated.
"Hey baby." Was all he said.
 
Mehgan smiled at the picture of the two of them in front of her. Her life had changed i so many ways because of Danny and she cherished each moment of it. She returned his kiss and hugged him tightly as they walked into the house. She made him sit on the couch as she went into the kitchen to get him a drink before dinner. She could hear Katy telling him in her 3 year old language about her day. She laughed to herself at the mental image that projected.

She returned to the living room and slid onto the couch ext to the two of them and handed him his drink. She knew she had to tell him about the phone call from Kat.She called out for Addie..the live in nanny they hired after much searching and background checks.

"Addie,please take katy outside for a bit. I need to talk to Danny for awhile."She told the young woman while still looking at Danny. She heard the pouting sounds coming from katy until Addie told her they would go to the pond and feed her duckie. Katy quickly forgot about her daddy and mummy and took Addie's hand chattering as they left the room.
 
Danny reluctantly gave Katy up to Addie. He watched as they left to see the ducks. He swirled the in the high ball glass and looked at Mehgan over the rim as he took a sip. He knew the look in her eyes and already he dreaded what might be coming.
"What is it Megs?" He asked her as he touched her cheek. "Am I going to need another drink?"
This woman was the closest thing to heaven he had ever known and now she kept him on the straight and narrow. Times like these were when he knew something was up. Her business attitude came out and she was take charge.
He waited as she gathered her thoughts.
 
Mehgan chewed her bottom lip and shook her head slowly. "No..Kat called as you were pulling in."She said softly and stood up pacing over to the fireplace and turning to look at him. She took a deep breath and felt her chest tighten as she spoke the next words.

"Darryl wants you to call Mart again. Said it was time for you to make a comeback."She said softly lowerig her eyes. "Danny...let me say this before you answer."She said quickly pacing back and forth.

"We went through so much over the years,I know music is in our lives. I am just afraid if you go back on the road....well,things will go back to the way they were."She felt the tear slide down her cheek.

"If it is something you want to do,you know I will be there for you. I just wanted you to know how afraid I am of the idea."She said softly looking over at him with her large tear filled eyes.
 
Danny listened to her. The fear was apparent in her eyes. After today he had thought about a comeback knowing that the music business had taken a turn for the worse. Listening to the kids in the studio today he wondered if he would even want to come back.
"Evidently Mart and Darryl have been talking." Danny stood and took his glass to the sink in the wet bar. He rinsed it and filled it with ice water.
He and Mart spoke weekly still as Mart handled the business end of Danny an Mehgan's production companies and assets.
Danny sipped the cold water and thought about it all. He looked out the french doors at the little girl who had brought such joy to their lives. The one who he needed every day and whenever the stray evening passed that Danny and Megs got away for the night, he missed more than air, he wondered how he could go on the road and not have her clinging to him each day.
And then there was Mehgan. Before she had been with him, but now, with the baby, there was no way she would be on the road all the time with him.
Glancing back at the love of his life he tilted his head.
"What do you want Mehgan?"
 
Mehgan walked over to him,wrapping her arms around his waist. She lay her head against his back."Danny..whatever you want. I will be supportive and if I cant be with you on the road I will be with you here."She said as she raised her hand and lay it across his heart.

She stood there with her hand across his heart as she peered over his shoulder to the small bundle of energy chasing the nanny across the lawn. "Danny,let's not talk anymore about it tonight. Make your decision tomorrow but tonight lets just be us."
 
He nodded as he felt Mehgan's touch. He felt his heart pound against her hand as he looked out at Katy chasing across the lush green lawn. His heart lurched as he watched. So much like him, yet so much her mother.
He watched Addie as well. She had been a blessing for sure. They had interviewed many possibilities, but Addie had won their hearts. And she had no records or issues at all with her background. She loved Katy. That was apparent.

"Okay, baby, tomorrow I'll call him. See what he is thinking." He turned and held her a moment. "Always tomorrow." He closed his eyes tight. He heard Katy squeal and jerked his head to see the little girl as she tumbled across the grass. After a second she was up and running again, unscathed as he shook his head and laughed.

"Lets find something to eat." He told Mehgan. "I'm starved."
 
Mehgan hugged him and nodded. She raised her head to watch her daughter scream bloody murder one second then forget her owie in the next breath. She took Danny's hand and led him into the kitchen. They had Addie to help with Katy but that was all. Mehgan did all the housework and stuff herself.She didnt trust many people to come into their hiome with the past events. It had been hard deciding to move 100 miles away from Kat and Darryl but it had proven to be a good choice.

Their house overlooked the ocean in the back and was fenced off in the front by large shrubs and stone walls. The security system was the best money could afford and she felt safe here now. The only way people could take photos of them was if they had a plane. When they went out in public they didnt mind the press,they greeted them each time but after a time even that died off somewhat. They had had Katy almost a month before anyone outside of family knew about her.

Mehgan leaned against the counter as she made Danny a quick philly cheese sandwich and salad. She smiled looking at him. He had aged somewhat but his rugged youthfulness was still there. She loved him more each day and knew whatever he chose she would be there for him. She jumped when katy came barging into the kitchen with a handful of flowers.

"Mummy....pretties for you.'She cried out hugging Mehgans knees. Mehgan reached down and lifted the girl into her arms. She laughed as Katy stuck her thumb ito her mouth,a sure sign she was almost ready for bedtime.
 
Danny laughed as Katy thrust the flowers at her mommy. She stuck her thumb in her mouth and he frowned a little. "Come on big girl, you don't need that thumb." He pried it out and handed her a bite of the cheesy meat from his sandwich which she took greedily and smiled at him.
"Addie, you hungry?" He asked the nanny. She said she would find something later. He finished the sandwich and salad as they all sat around the table. Danny shared bites with Katy as she rubbed her eyes.
They finished up and Danny stood with the sleepy baby in his arms. "I got this, Addie. Have a good night." He turned and left Mehgan and Addie in the kitchen. He needed to be the daddy right now. Even if Katy didn't need it, he did.
He carried her to the bathroom and started a warm bath. He used the baby shampoo and made a few bubbles with it and then slipped Katy into the water. She loved a good warm bath and immediately relaxed. The lavendar scented wash made the room smell wonderful and Katy told him all about the things she wanted to do.
He agreed and washed her hair, massaging her scalp. He rinsed her and wrapped her in a fluffy towel, helped her brush her teeth and carried her to her little nursery. She picked out and pulled on a silky gown then climbed into her little round bed to cuddle her teddy.
"Sing me, Daddy." She told him trying to keep her eyes open.
Danny smiled and sat on the floor next to the bed. He hummed a little as he stroked her hair and started the song she loved so much....
"I got sunshine on a cloudy day...."
Before long the little girl was breathing steadily and sleeping soundly. He leaned over and kissed her gently, got up and turned on the monitor before leaving the room and pulling the door closed.
He padded down the hall and went into the grand master suite, clicked on the television and stretched across the bed to watch.
He landed on a show about celebrities no longer in the public eye and what they were doing now. He watched friends of his being interviewed, clips of them in the past, fame and fortune had passed most of them by. Some of it made him sad as he watched, the light of the tv flickering across him as he stared at it.
Why?
Why would this come up now?
He had so many songs recorded, so many tracks waiting. Should he? Was it time to share his latest thoughts and desires with the public?
Laying there he waited.
 
Mehgan sat and talked to Addie for awhile,giving Danny his private time with Katy. She was fond of the young woman sitting with her and was grateful they had found her. She was everything they wanted in a nany and more. She almost seemed like a sister to her.Addie finally excused herself and went to her part of the house for the night.

Mehgan stood and cleaned up the few dishes before setting the alarms and heading upstairs. She peeked in on Katy and smiled at the sleepig whirlwind. It still amazed her that they had produced this small person and thanked everyday for her.She walked quietly over and tucked the blanket up around her and noticed she had slid the thumb back into her mouth. She laughed to herself and knew Danny would try to get her to stop if he saw it.

She left the room and walked across hall to the master bedroom,she pushed open the door and saw Danny stretched out on the bed. He was watching the television and frowning,he seemed so deep i thought. SHe walked over and crawled onto the bed to snuggle next to him. Her head on his chest and her hand laying across his lap. "A penny for your thoughts."She said softly raising her eyes to look up at him.
 
"Well, that'll cost about a nickel." He smiled as she crawled to him.
He curled his arm around her and felt the familiarity of her head on his chest, her hand across his lap.
Glancing back at the screen he saw pictures of himself in the band in which he had launched as a teenager. Pictures of them smiling, laughing, performing..... Then the interviews with them all now, with the one glaring exception. Mart had been contacted many times to do such an interview, but Danny had never agreed to doing it.
Unfortunately 5 years later, Danny still did not talk to the guys he had grown up with. The emotions there were still raw. Growing up in a famous family, he had always been very aware of owning his own creations, names, copyrights. He had never agreed to selling his royalties and even owned the name of the band. When he quit, he took those rights with him, leaving his friends without a way to prosper from what they had always done. He had made concessions to them, but they wanted it all. The interviews all managed to get in the idea Danny had been selfish, angry and a traitor to his friends and then most was blamed on his involvement with Mehgan.
He turned the television off, sighed and leaned to her. "Hate that stuff." He said. "What the hell are they thinking?" He wondered out loud. "Think Mart is having money problems?" He asked, ready to pull out his checkbook.
 
Mehgan listened to the reporters and Danny's old bandmates trash his name and then blame her. She felt her heart catch when he spoke and turned the television off. She sat up next to him,her eyes meeting his."Danny,you did what you wanted to do..needed to do."She said softly touching his cheek.

"What is said since then is their inability to go on alone,they depended too much on you and your name. I was their easy way out for the blame. I dont want you to ever feel like you made a mistake."She said sliding off the bed and reaching for her cell phone.

Handing it to him she gave him her dazzling smile but something was shadowed behind it. "Here..call Mart now. Find things out so you can relax.I am going to take a bath."She said leaning over to kiss him softly. "I love you,Danny."She said as she moved across the room and shut the bathroom door behind her softly giving him privacy to make the call she knew he couldnt put off any longer.
 
Danny took the phone and watched Mehgan walk away. He dialed Mart, waiting as his old friend finally picked up. "Hello Danny." He heard the familiar voice. "So what is this about?" Danny asked him point blank. Mart was a little taken aback. Over the years, Danny had stopped being subtle about many things.
"Danny, there is just so much going on." "Is it money, Mart? I mean, I can't imagine it, but if you need money why don't you just ask me?" Mart smiled. He was paid more than enough from Danny and from Danny's father's estate. "Danny, it isn't money and you know it." He took a moment. "The market is right." He told him. I get offers every day asking fro you to be on a talk show, tell your side....To come back." He waited. "Danny, your retiring, the way you did, I mean, just up and walked away, it did more for your career than staying ever could have." The words were true and Danny knew it. A better marketing ploy could not have been made than to have Danny end his career to be a stay at home father.
"Danny, I know you have new stuff recorded already. Darryl says you have enough for 2 solid albums." "So?" "So, why don't you want to share it?" Danny twisted sideways in the huge bed. "Because I have other priorities now. The road is not in my plans. I won't leave Megs and Katy here while I go out on the road and they sure as hell aren't coming with me. I won't raise Katy on a tour bus."
Mart heard Danny's impassioned words. He knew what he meant. He was, after all, Katy's godfather. "So that's it then?" Mart asked. "Danny James just ends. He sits in a studio, trying to make new bands sound good enough to release music to the public, knowing they suck and haven't got a chance in hell." Danny shook his head. "How long, Danny? How long before you start telling them how bad they are or worse, giving your music away in hopes they can get a little success?"
Danny grew quiet. Mart knew he would never give away his music. It was his way of riling him up. "Not working, Mart." Danny told him.
He heard Mehgan singing in the bathroom, the water splashing gently. "Think about it, Danny. There is a standing offer for a real interview with Brenda Barrett." Brenda Barrett. There was a name from the past. Danny had been interviewed by her many years ago for one of her specials that ran before an award show. He remembered she had come to his house, the pool house at Sharon's, and interviewed him. It was a good interview. Questions that the fans had begged to know. She had made it easy and he always thought she was a good interviewer.
"I'll think about it." "Danny, she wants to interview you and Megs. A whole hour of just the two of you. In depth." "I'll think about it." "You could record your stuff and use the interview as a launch." "Bye, Mart." Danny hung up as Mart continued to plan. As the phone clicked off, Mart smiled. He had his attention, at last.
 
Mehgan sung softly to herself,she knew she was trying to drown out Danny's conversation. She washed herself slowly knowing she still looked young for her age,the past scars healed and almost none seeable. She stepped out of the shower and twisted her long hair up in a towel. Pulling her robe on she stood in front of the floor length mirror and stared at herself.

She sometimes knew Danny missed the road,the crowds. She didn't want the world to think she made him leave. She never told him he had to stay home but after everything they had been through she had let him make his own decisions. Katy made him more of a hands on family man. They had lost one child,and almost Mehgan. Katy was the odd breaker coming at a time when it was needed. Katy was Mehgan's world along with Danny and she would do anything for them.

She turned when she heard the quiet on the other side of the door,walking softly over to it she opened it. She watched Danny sitting on the bed,his profile told her he was deep in thought. She moved over to him and crawled onto the bed to kneel behind him. Her small hands began to massage his tight shoulder muscles. She leaned over and placed a soft kiss on the skin.

"Talk to me,Danny."She whispered against his warm flesh. Her head moved to rest her chin on his shoulder lightly. "What does your heart want. I dont want you to feel obligated to anyone but yourself. Your decision is yours. I will always be there."She said softly,her breath washing over his skin as one hand reached for his and squeezed it tightly.
 
Mehgan's touch brought Danny back to the moment. He had been thinking about what Mart had said. No, he would never give away his music. His shrewd business background would not allow it, but he did miss the crowds sometimes. He missed the exchange of feelings with them when he performed. He missed making people sing and dance and laugh and cry. He missed the power.
Her hand in his made him feel complete.
"He has talked with Brenda Barrett. She wants to do an hour on just us." He let the silence hang between them, squeezing her hand.
"Talk to me,Danny."
He felt her lips on his back.
"What does your heart want. I dont want you to feel obligated to anyone but yourself. Your decision is yours. I will always be there."
"I don't know what I want, Megs. I thought I was good with all this." He rolled over and laid out on his back. "In the studio today I had to sit there and listen to some very mediocre kids try to make music. And the sad part is, they think they're good. No one will tell them they aren't doing the right thing for them." He shook his head. "And it isn't my place. But, I sit here on enough songs for 2 albums and I don't have the desire to put them out." He sighed. "I don't want to be gone anymore, Megs. I don't want to be away from you and Katy." He thought about Brenda Barrett once more. Maybe the interview. A chance to answer the questions left hanging at least. To tell his side.
He heard the baby monitor static and Katy's baby voice talking in her sleep...laughing. Danny looked at Megs and laughed hard. How could he miss moments like this?
 
Mehgan curled up against Danny,Katy's baby giggles brought a smile to her lips. One hand rested on Danny's chest,the other still wrapped tightly in his hand. "Maybe..this is just an idea..Do the interview. Only thing is I dont want Katy in it too much. If the interview is good enough..how about doing one last local show."She said softly against his shoulder,her hair falling free to drape wet over his arm.

"Sing your new songs there,then put them to one last big album. Maybe the retirement show you never had."She said raising her head to look up at him. Her large eyes filled with so much love for him,she knew he may need to do this for total closure.

She sat up and let the robe fall open slightly off her shoulders,her grin changing to something more seductive. Her hand slid across his chest kneading deeply. Leaning up and over him she slid her lips across his chin,nipping it. "I think I still have the looks to be a good groupie for you."She said laughing sexily as she moved her body across his. The only thing between them was the thickness of her robe and his jeans.
 
Danny smiled as his wife moved seductively over him. Her hand on his chest was warm, inviting. He dropped his own hands to her waist, assisting her as she slid across him.
"I think I still have the looks to be a good groupie for you."
"It never was about the looks with groupies, sweetheart." He teased her. Her eyes watching his stopped him. He sighed. "You are so beautiful." Remembering her years ago he confirmed his feelings. "I think you are more beautiful now than the day we met." He felt her lean over him and he pulled her by the back of the head down to him. He offered her a sweet, deep kiss and she returned it to him.
Suddenly, there was no more worry or questions. Danny and Megs were doing what always calmed them. They were making love.
 
Last edited:
Mehgan retuned Danny's kiss deeply passionately. Her hands trailed over his chest,now more urgently. She suddenly felt like she had to have him,not pleasantries. She reached for his waistband and yanked his button open. The zipper followed quickly,her own body twisting until the robe fell free of her body to cover his thighs.

"Danny..I need you...now."She whispered against his lips as she nibbled on the bottom one. Her body was a flame of heat. Her core a wet hot haven needing him to fill her.

She rubbed along him,her moans filling the room. Her body slid down his and she slid his pants down around his knees. Her mouth was all over him,licking and kissing the skin around his hardness. Her hand reached under and lifted his full sac. Her tongue brushed across the tip of his cock,sighing as his essence coated her tongue. The taste of him sent her into a frenzy. She pulled him deep into her throat in one fluid move.

He struck the back of her throat and she relaxed the muscles there. His seemed to swell within the heated cavern of her mouth. Her hand stroked up and down as she sucked him quickly. Urgently. Her other hand moved from his sac to stroke her own harden nub,her moans grew louder.
 
Danny knew from the look in her eye that Mehgan was going to take what she wanted. Times like these amazed him. Her need and hunger was often overwhelming and he took the ride with her knowing he would take his time later. He felt her take his pants down and watched as she bent to him.
The instant she opened her mouth around his cock Danny was lost again. That she could consume him so fully was an amazing feeling to him. Her passion and her need flared and he held to her, kissing her, stroking her body and feeling her respond. His own body reacted as she licked, kissed, sucked. Her hands on his balls were amazing as she lifted them, tugging gently.
When he felt the back of her throat he wrapped her hair in his hand and pulled her close, moving her head back and forth. "That's it, Megs. Take what you need." He cooed at her, stroking her throat with his shaft.
How could he leave her here and go on the road?
How?
He closed his eyes as Mehgan made love to him once again.
 
Katherine paced. She hated the idea that Mart had used her and Darryl to try and get Danny back in the business. He had taken over at the studio she Darryl had bought and left them to roam the world.
What was Mart's reasoning? She had always wondered about him. His relationship with Danny was always so strong until Mehgan. What was it?
Was he trying to drive them apart? What would happen if Danny decided to go back on the road without Mart's assistance?
Darryl came to the balcony that overlooked the surf of the Grecian coast. What are you thinking?" He asked her as she leaned into his embrace.
"I'm thinking I want to go home."
 
Mehgan moved slowly at first up and down on Danny's cock,her lips wrapped tightly around him.Her hands stroking him with each up and down motion of her head.Her heart hammered at the thought of him going back to that old life,the thought of the press once again,the rabid fans. She pushed those thoughts to the back of her head as she lifted her eyes,glazed with her desire,to look up at him.

Releasing his cock from her mouth she slowly moved up his body,making sure she touched every bit of his body she could with her own. She finally raised up over him and brought her lips to his,kissing him deeply,trying to let all her passion seep from that kiss.Her hands wrapped in his hair holding his lips to hers as she moved her lower body to rub across him. She knew he could feel her wetness as his cock slid over her slit.

"Danny....I need you."She whispered against his lips suddenly feeling desperate. Needing to know he was not going to leave her alone but at same time knowing if he chose this it was something he had to do. Like some type of closure for him and his fans.

Her body shifted and he easily slid into her warm core,filling her fully.Her body still lying on top of his as she moved on him,her legs stretched out alongside of his,her kisses becoming deeper more urgent. Her body wanting and needing this.."God,Danny...please..."She urged him clenching her inner muscles around him tightly. No sounds came from this side of the house except for their heavy breathing and moans. She closed her mind off to everything as she thought about nothing more except the here and now with Danny.
 
Danny paced.
He was prepared, make up had been over him and Meghan.
They had spoken with Brenda Barrett and discussed boundaries and limited pictures of Katy. Paranoid? Yes. After the path they had been on, any chance for getting to them was closed off quickly. The interviewer was thrilled with this opportunity and promised to make it as smooth as possible, but warned them there would be lots of footage and it would be edited into an hour long event. "People want to know what happened." She had told them.
Danny paced.
Was this the right thing? God, was he just opening them up to the life they had managed to hide away? Things still were not "normal" for them, there was no running to the store or going to the movies, but at least crowds didn't swarm the gates anymore and no one stalked them that they knew about.
Danny paced, until Meghan appeared at the top of the stairs.
 
Mehgan was on pins and needles..Kat and Darryl had called and were supposed to have arrived back home an hour ago. She still hadnt heard from her mom yet,she needed to hear her voice,sort of an extra boost of confidence. Kat hadnt been to thriilled when they had agreed to the itnerview but Mehgan had assured her that katy wouldnt be exposed more than a few quick shots and it was mainly focused on Danny. She looked up when the director's assistant came in to tell her it was almost time.

Mehgan stood and tried not to shake too bad as she walked out of the room,at the top of the stairs she stopped. Her body refusing to go any further as she looked down at Danny. Finally she took a deep breath and descended towards him. The wardrobe people had kept it simple at her request,her hair was done up in a mass of loose curl on top of her head. her makeup was hardly noticable.Her white top was silk and hugged all the right spots,simple in its design but not an everyday item. Her dark blue pants were loose and billowy stopping just at the tops of her feet which wore a simple pair of heels. She stopped at the bottom of the stairs and took Danny's hand,photographers snapping pictures as they stood there.

Upstairs Addie had katy in her room,the child was not going to be brought down until the last few minutes of the show. And then it would be a brief intro to the fans and then Addie would take her out again. She took a deep breath and squeezed Danny's hand tightly as Brenda Barrett walked up to them,smiling like she had won the lottery."We have to take our places on the couch,we have 5 minutes until cameras go live."She said taking Danny and linking her arm through his,pulling him and Mehgan towards the living room.
 
Danny felt the room still and looked up to see Mehgan at the top of the stairs. She came down to greet him, her hand in his. He felt his pulse slow a little, his heart rate relax. The kiss brought him to himself until the flash of a camera caught his eye.
Self consciously he turned away from it and found Brenda Barrett approaching them and slipping her arm through his. She flashed a bright veneered smile and looked up at him. "Thank so much for this opportunity. How have we missed each other all these years?" Danny shrugged a little and gave her his best PR smile.
She started him moving to the couch, him clutching at Meg's hand, pulling her along. "I was hoping to persuade you into a little more time with your daughter, Danny." "No." The answer was flat, no emotion. "But Danny, you two left the spotlight to have a family. Surely your fans deserve to see what took you away from them so quickly." He turned to her in front of the couch. "No. This is not negotiable, Brenda. My daughter is not to be used more than what was agreed upon." "Danny...she is the light of your life, surely you want to share her." Danny's eyes narrowed. "No, Brenda, sharing Katy is a risk to her. What Meghan and I went through is enough that even you should understand we have to protect her at all costs. If that means you leave my home now then that is what will happen. This is the end of this discussion." Brenda hated that this was the end of the discussion, but rather than risk losing the interview of the decade altogether she backed off.
Danny followed her to the couch then the producer and director decided to move the beginning to the back yard, beautiful, lush and green. The crew took many shots of Danny and Meg walking hand in hand along the pathways in the English garden. The interesting features of the mansion and the grounds stretching out around it.
Danny got to show off his digital studio that was in the old carriage house out back and looked very happy as he showed off the latest computerized technology used to make music in this day and time.
Finally they returned to the comfortable family room for the interview. Danny and Brenda settled into the large leather couch, looking like old friends. She started off by telling him thank you for the interview. Danny smiled, nodded and fell naturally into the old habits of likable, lovable pop star, only a little older, wiser.
"Tell me about growing up with your parents." Danny blinked at her. "They were parents." "Famous parents." She corrected. Danny didn't argue. "I never felt really close to them." He told her. "Well I am sure they were very busy." He shrugged. "My mother was not really very demonstrative when it came to showing her feelings for me." "And your father?" Danny looked at her. Oh well. " My father had no use for me." He heard the gasp. It was true. "Oh, Danny, I am sure he cared a great deal for you." Oh yeah, how could he possibly besmirch the heroic actor who had died in a car wreck, probably drunk beyond belief and almost taken his gay lover with him? Time to be grown up, take the gloves off, be real. "Brenda, I was the result of a last ditch effort by a woman trying to desperately get her husband back. When it didn't work, I was a burden to her. Daniel never could stomach me because I was that last ditch effort. And in the process Sharon had to decide to accept me or shun me. She was the only parent who ever showed me any affection or care. So, I haven't much use for famous parents."
Suddenly Danny had set the tone of this interview.
 
Back
Top